Managing To Do Lists

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

govmentchedda
The Dude

Managing To Do Lists

Post by govmentchedda »

I need a system for managing to do lists. It needs to have the ability to have 4 or more users who can assign tasks to each other, and then have all of us view the status of the to do items. It would also help if the to do lists could work seamlessly with Outlook because 2 of the members of the group are technical neophytes. I've looked into Wiggio and Remember the Milk. Maybe I should just use Tasks in Outlook? All of the members of the group have iPhones, if that helps.

Any suggestions?
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
brian
The Dude

Re: Managing To Do Lists

Post by brian »

We use this around the house for keeping track of schedules, to-do lists, etc.

http://www.keepandshare.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

Are reminders important or are you simply trying to keep everyone on the same page in real time. I use Evernote for personal notes and storage, but it does not integrate with outlook or use reminders as a feature.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Rex wrote:Are reminders important or are you simply trying to keep everyone on the same page in real time. I use Evernote for personal notes and storage, but it does not integrate with outlook or use reminders as a feature.
Reminders are semi-important, but more important is to list all of the tasks, group them, and have the ability to have other users monitor the progress of the person working on the task. I also want to be able to not have completed tasks disappear into the ether.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

Have you heard of BaseCamp? It's pretty heavy duty (we use it for everything at the office) but it seems to be exactly what you're looking for.

It's made by 37 signals i think (37signals.com)
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Brontoburglar wrote:Have you heard of BaseCamp? It's pretty heavy duty (we use it for everything at the office) but it seems to be exactly what you're looking for.

It's made by 37 signals i think (37signals.com)
I've heard of basecamp. I'll give it a look.

We're in a bit of a weird spot because we need it to integrate with our office Outlook (only because I doubt the ability of some of the users to be able to figure out and if people won't use it, it's a complete waste). It also has to be semi-private because we don't want the rest of the office to have access to this list, even though the rest of the office may have access to our Outlook accounts.
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

IIRC (haven't used it for over a year) but Basecamp does integrate with Outlook.
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

My firm administrator had heard good things about Asana. I just checked it out and it might do the trick. Anyone have experience with it?
ZMan
Brandt

Post by ZMan »

Doesn't Google Calendar do this sort of stuff? I know it can handles appointments and reminders for team members, not sure how the tasks aspect works though.
Orange Whip? Orange Whip? Three Orange Whips!
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

I am using Astrid. It does not integrate without look but has native apps fro ios, chrome, android and does a good job making lists, sending to other people, getting status. Lots of fields, time estimation, labels, and lists but still is pretty fast and light.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

microsoft has this program called OneNote, but I can't figure out if it is good or not. My company just switched to outlook after being on Lotus notes for 15 years, and it's the first time I have ever used anything other than notes. So I am a newbie and I can't figure out if OneNote is worth it.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

I am a big OneNote fan. It is a computer notebook. One of the apps that Microsoft got right on the first release. Only complaint is that unlike Evernote (or the new Google Keep), my version is local to the desktop.
kranepool
Bunny Lebowski

Post by kranepool »

I've used Evernote for years.

With Google Keep arriving yesterday, that may change. I kinda like it.
mini puke to 1,558
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

is there no iOS app? Useless.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Rex wrote:is there no iOS app? Useless.
I love the Reminders app for my Mac. Has done wonders for keeping my to-do lists organized and where I can see them and constantly b reminded how I need to stop swamping and get back to work.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.