Help Me Remember

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Ryan
The Dude

Help Me Remember

Post by Ryan »

I used to have a VHS tape of sports highlights from back in the 80s. I think it was a free gift with a subscription or some other purchase, but I'm not certain. Way too cheesy to be an S.I. gift.

It was hosted by an overtan guy who sat in a leather recliner (in a proto man cave, maybe?) He'd introduce montages of bloopers or awesome plays. Songs included were Bad Is Bad, I'm So Excited, and Working for a Living. I cannot Google this for the life of me.

So...What! Was! That! Thiiiing!
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
Sabo
The Dude

Re: Help Me Remember

Post by Sabo »

The only thing like that I remember from my youth was "Dazzling Dunks ... and Basketball Bloopers" that was hosted by Marv Albert and Frank Layden. It was a freebie from an SI subscription. It's probably not the droid you're looking for, though.
THERE’S NOTHING WRONG WITH GALA LUNCHEONS, LAD!
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

George Michael? Though this features a dorky fake computer rather than a recliner:

The only other person I can think of that matches your description is Chuck Woolery, and I would guess it wasn't him.
Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Sabo wrote:The only thing like that I remember from my youth was "Dazzling Dunks ... and Basketball Bloopers" that was hosted by Marv Albert and Frank Layden. It was a freebie from an SI subscription. It's probably not the droid you're looking for, though.
Nope, but I wore that one out too. Also have vague memories of one with athletes and maybe writers talking about clips in a bar. Tim McCarver was one.

ETA: Image
Johnny Carwash wrote:George Michael? Though this features a dorky fake computer rather than a recliner
It definitely had a George Michael vibe, but with an even smaller budget.

HDO45331
Brandt

Post by HDO45331 »

Ryan wrote:I used to have a VHS tape of sports highlights from back in the 80s. I think it was a free gift with a subscription or some other purchase, but I'm not certain. Way too cheesy to be an S.I. gift.

It was hosted by an overtan guy who sat in a leather recliner (in a proto man cave, maybe?) He'd introduce montages of bloopers or awesome plays. Songs included were Bad Is Bad, I'm So Excited, and Working for a Living. I cannot Google this for the life of me.

I had a friend that had this. It was a great tape. Complete with Doctor J and George Brett's rampage. It came from an online gambling-type site. They wanted you to subscribe to their football batting picks service.

The fellow was once a relative star in (I believe) college football. A quarterback, if I remember correctly.
It's the sixth version of The Swamp. What could possibly go wrong?
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

The one you are referring to may not have been S.I., but theirs were plenty cheesy, too. I have a couple of them, Football Follies, Bloopers and that sort of thing. Very cheesy.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
HDO45331
Brandt

Post by HDO45331 »

HDO45331 wrote:
Ryan wrote:I used to have a VHS tape of sports highlights from back in the 80s. I think it was a free gift with a subscription or some other purchase, but I'm not certain. Way too cheesy to be an S.I. gift.

I had a friend that had this. It was a great tape. Complete with Doctor J and George Brett's rampage. It came from an online gambling-type site. They wanted you to subscribe to their football batting picks service.

The fellow was once a relative star in (I believe) college football. A quarterback, if I remember correctly.
The fellow's name was Mike Warren. I don't think he was a football player. Just a bookie.
It's the sixth version of The Swamp. What could possibly go wrong?
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Fucking. A.

Yes.

Now I have to find it.