Random Thoughts About Thoughts Random

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

EnochRoot
The Dude

Re: Random Thoughts About Thoughts Random

Post by EnochRoot »

Clowns screaming 'Marco'....'Polo' back and forth at each other were likely told to engage in that activity to ward off any predators. Of course, just simply talking with one another is enough to alert predators to your whereabouts.

Considering the great outdoors is supposed to be appreciated, and you're supposed to leave only footprints wherever you go, it stands to reason they were likely a colostomy bag of noise pollution.

So yeah, fuck those guys. (o;
Noli Timere Messorem
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

Having both a Boston accent and a lisp is a pretty cruel fate.
Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
Keg
The Big Lebowski

Post by Keg »

It took me 37.5 years, but I finally did it - I ate a salad as the main course of a meal.
My only fear of death is coming back to this b1tch reincarnated
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

So sorry
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Obligatory...

"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

I did a google search and came up empty --- anyone know if Yacht Rock radio is returning to XM/Sirius for the summer again for 2018?
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

I'm certainly not one to condone violence, but whoever it was that threw a drink on Tomi Lahren is a god-damned American hero. Because FUCK that Ann Coulter wanna-be.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 9:45 am I'm certainly not one to condone violence, but whoever it was that threw a drink on Tomi Lahren is a god-damned American hero. Because FUCK that Ann Coulter wanna-be.
so are you condoning violence or not
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

is that violence?
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Was the ice bucket challenge self-harm?
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

P.D.X. wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 11:06 am is that violence?
if it wasn't I'm not sure why it had to be stated that violence shouldn't be condoned

(I can't call it violence, but at the same time, this is the shit that fuels the conservative echo chamber, so I can't endorse it)
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

I think if someone threw a drink at me I'd feel like it was an aggression.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Brontoburglar wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 11:24 amif it wasn't I'm not sure why it had to be stated that violence shouldn't be condoned

(I can't call it violence, but at the same time, this is the shit that fuels the conservative echo chamber, so I can't endorse it)
Nothing fuels them more than being called racist but I don't think that should stop either.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

A_B wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 11:24 am
If someone threw a drink at me, I'd probably try to figure out what I did to provoke it. But I'm not a bleach-blonde Fox News rage monster.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 11:35 am
A_B wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 11:24 am
If someone threw a drink at me, I'd probably try to figure out what I did to provoke it. But I'm not a bleach-blonde Fox News rage monster.
maybe because you said the person who threw a drink at tammy was an american hero
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

mister d wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 11:43 am
ignoring her like she doesn't matter is far better than throwing a drink at her
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

That only works if you can get everyone else to ignore her. You can't, which means the next best thing you can do is make her public life as shitty as possible.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

mister d wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 1:37 pm That only works if you can get everyone else to ignore her. You can't, which means the next best thing you can do is make her public life as shitty as possible.
the quality of her public life is not in any way less shitty now. I'd argue it's better going forward now that she can be seen as a sympathetic figure by her echo chamber. people like that thrive on attention, and this generates more attention.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Brontoburglar wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 1:44 pm
mister d wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 1:37 pm That only works if you can get everyone else to ignore her. You can't, which means the next best thing you can do is make her public life as shitty as possible.
the quality of her public life is not in any way less shitty now. I'd argue it's better going forward now that she can be seen as a sympathetic figure by her echo chamber. people like that thrive on attention, and this generates more attention.
And yet I feel like if she got a drink thrown in her face every time she goes out in public she'll either quit going out in public or quit being a fascist cunt. Either would be a win.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Yes. It's assault.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Isn't "makes her sympathetic" part of the same justification for condemning the comedian who called SHS a soulless liar?
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 1:47 pm
Yes. It's assault.
And is only effective on pretzels.

I'll let myself out
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

mister d wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 1:48 pm Isn't "makes her sympathetic" part of the same justification for condemning the comedian who called SHS a soulless liar?
you've now twice used verbal instances in comparison to a physical act, so I'm really not sure where your goal posts are actually located
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

So when you said "just ignore her", you only meant physical acts and screaming in her face wasn't covered?
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

mister d wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 1:57 pm So when you said "just ignore her", you only meant physical acts and screaming in her face wasn't covered?
Ignoring her is the best solution, saying she's a racist within reason is something I can't condemn and throwing a drink is stupid and started this whole thing in the first place
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

None of this shit matters, guys. Seriously. Worrying about the echo chamber having more ammunition is absolutely pointless. If it's not this, it's an evergreen piece Fox has teed up on immahgrunts, baby-killers, coming to take mah guns, Obama/Hillary, whatever.

I'm not saying throw drinks on people. But worrying about providing fuel to the conservative loonie squad is truly an exercise in futility.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 2:10 pm None of this shit matters, guys. Seriously. Worrying about the echo chamber having more ammunition is absolutely pointless. If it's not this, it's an evergreen piece Fox has teed up on immahgrunts, baby-killers, coming to take mah guns, Obama/Hillary, whatever.

I'm not saying throw drinks on people. But worrying about providing fuel to the conservative loonie squad is truly an exercise in futility.
Yeah, this. Throw drinks, don't throw drinks, whatever. But don't ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever consider appeasing these assholes. It hasn't worked and it isn't ever going to work. They can't be shamed and they don't care what you think.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

It's a tough call, but I feel that if you are a demagogue whose stock in trade is sowing discord, than the occasional drink in your face is the price you should be expected to pay.

She's not out there preaching tolerance and peace. As you sow, so shall you reap. Just hope it was real cheap booze - like Popov vodka or something.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

brian wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 2:20 pm
Nonlinear FC wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 2:10 pm None of this shit matters, guys. Seriously. Worrying about the echo chamber having more ammunition is absolutely pointless. If it's not this, it's an evergreen piece Fox has teed up on immahgrunts, baby-killers, coming to take mah guns, Obama/Hillary, whatever.

Yeah, this. Throw drinks, don't throw drinks, whatever. But don't ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever consider appeasing these assholes. It hasn't worked and it isn't ever going to work. They can't be shamed and they don't care what you think.
ignoring/not being an asshole is not appeasement
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

The point is that everyone on the planet could fall over backwards trying to be nice to poor Tammy and she's just going to find something to justify her victim complex, as will everyone else in her social circle of professional victims. If she and the rest of the looney right are going to have a victim complex, then might as well give them something to really feel victimized by. In the end, it doesn't affect how they're going to respond/react.

Does that make sense?
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

brian wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 4:36 pm The point is that everyone on the planet could fall over backwards trying to be nice to poor Tammy and she's just going to find something to justify her victim complex, as will everyone else in her social circle of professional victims. If she and the rest of the looney right are going to have a victim complex, then might as well give them something to really feel victimized by. In the end, it doesn't affect how they're going to respond/react.

Does that make sense?
I thought her name was Toni.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

A_B wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 4:45 pm
brian wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 4:36 pm The point is that everyone on the planet could fall over backwards trying to be nice to poor Tammy and she's just going to find something to justify her victim complex, as will everyone else in her social circle of professional victims. If she and the rest of the looney right are going to have a victim complex, then might as well give them something to really feel victimized by. In the end, it doesn't affect how they're going to respond/react.

Does that make sense?
Supposedly it drives her nuts if people misspell her name, so just in case she ever falls down a weird internet rabbit hole into the Swamp here. But if you're ever discussing her on Twitter -- which you should try not to of course -- make sure not to get her name correct.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Someone needs to photoshop her head on a Tony Toni Tone album cover. Please.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Is there a good photo of the drink incident? To maybe pair with Feels Good?
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

brian wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 4:50 pm
A_B wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 4:45 pm

Does that make sense?
Supposedly it drives her nuts if people misspell her name, so just in case she ever falls down a weird internet rabbit hole into the Swamp here. But if you're ever discussing her on Twitter -- which you should try not to of course -- make sure not to get her name correct.
Tawny. Got it.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Ever since I went to Japan, I have been a Sumo wrestling fan. I watch more sumo than baseball.

The current tournament ends Sunday and it is shaping up for an epic final few days.

Tochinoshin is the bomb!

Happy to explain any of the intricacies of the sport. Highlights available 7:00 am Eastern Time.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

It's kind of jarring to me when they aren't ethnic Japanese.
wiki wrote:Tochinoshin Tsuyoshi (born 13 October 1987 as Levan Gorgadze, Georgian: ლევან გორგაძე) is a professional sumo wrestler from Mtskheta, Georgia.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

sancarlos wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 8:58 pm It's kind of jarring to me when they aren't ethnic Japanese.
wiki wrote:Tochinoshin Tsuyoshi (born 13 October 1987 as Levan Gorgadze, Georgian: ლევან გორგაძე) is a professional sumo wrestler from Mtskheta, Georgia.
Of the 3 Yokozuna (highest ranked fighters) two are Mongolian. Including Hakuho - the Gretzky/Jordan/Ali of the sport. The only Japanese one won his only two tournaments in 2017 and has been injured and unable to fight for the last 7 tournaments. (Tournaments are held every 2 months).

If he wasn't Japanese, they'd have found a way to either push him out or force him to take a demotion.

Tochinoshin is really liked because he has struggled and improved slowly and steadily. And he fights in a very honourable aggressive style. (And he's not Mongolian)

Call me crazy - I love the sumo.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

So that guy is big but not 500 pound big. What’s a sumo weigh these days?