Proud Parental Unit Crowing Thread

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

The Sybian
The Dude

Re: Proud Parental Unit Crowing Thread

Post by The Sybian »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:46 pm So my 17yo daughter is upstairs with two friends, all of them loudly talking about whose boobs are bigger.

How’s y’all’s night going?
Damnit, I can't pull the trigger on this joke... I feel like Alex at the end of Clockwork Orange, every time I start to type, I feel a violent dry heave. [Might have something to do with my daughter ordering her first bras on Amazon last week].
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

The Sybian wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:53 am
Steve of phpBB wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:46 pm So my 17yo daughter is upstairs with two friends, all of them loudly talking about whose boobs are bigger.

Damnit, I can't pull the trigger on this joke... I feel like Alex at the end of Clockwork Orange, every time I start to type, I feel a violent dry heave. [Might have something to do with my daughter ordering her first bras on Amazon last week].
I was going to place odds in a different thread just blind. Mister D was going to be the favorite.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Nope. I finished second.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

No details...

But last week my wife and 21 year old daughter were discussing an absolutely grotesque (but not serious) issue that my sister was having in her lady parts.

Pretty much ticked all of the boxes you don't want ticked.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

ONly a professional writer closes with the boxes line. Well done.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

A_B wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:21 am ONly a professional writer closes with the boxes line. Well done.
Thanks!

Off to write for pre-schoolers.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Pruitt wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:24 am
A_B wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:21 am ONly a professional writer closes with the boxes line. Well done.
Thanks!

Off to write for pre-schoolers.
Lol.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

The only winning move is not to play.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Mile and half into a mountain bike ride today with my son. Gets a bit aggressive on a jump and over the handlebars. Head into the dirt, shoulder and arm into the ground. Pretty big wreck. F'd the bike a bit. Had to hike back to the parking lot with me pushing 2 bikes and him holding his arm in pain with every step. Toughed in out to the car. Got home and he was worried about people missing his sister's dance recitals web stream. Got him to urgent care and doc made my wife feel bad for not going straight to the ER (this urgent care was straight no Covid cases). X-rays negative and he wants to make sure I get the bike repairs in so we can go again.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

8 year old changed my iPhone profile pic to a very stupid one of me which may or may not have attached to any emails I’ve sent in the past month.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

mister d wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:27 pm 8 year old changed my iPhone profile pic to a very stupid one of me which may or may not have attached to any emails I’ve sent in the past month.
Heh.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

The GF's daughter is on the front page for Smith Sunglasses.

Smith Sunglasses
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Nice!
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

That's pretty cool, DiS! Does being a sunglasses model pay well?

Reminds me of a guy named George who was a hand model for awhile.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

sancarlos wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:00 pm That's pretty cool, DiS! Does being a sunglasses model pay well?
Not enough to quit her day job at HydroFlask. But whenever she gets these gigs, its a nice little chunk of money for her. And she got rid of her modelling agent a few months ago, so she doesn't have to pay any commission.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

That's awesome, Dave.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

We've entered the phase of the Swamp where "rules" is different.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

So some may know buy my Aunt is a huge champion in special education. She was one of the big engines in Baltimore County Public Schools (pretty much fighting the school system for the kids). She retired last year and only increased the hours she was working and now doing it for free. Anyway she also runs a bunch of programs and camps for this community, with special focus on Austism.

Anyway, my son was talking to my aunt a week or so ago. Somehow they got to the topic if D&D. Anyway, last night my son and my aunt to are working on a way to run D&D for my aunt's summer camp program (now virtual). My aunt offer to pay him like the other counselors. He turned her down and said it was just something he wanted to do for the community.

Not saying that slaying dragons with 20-sided dice is the biggest contribution to special education but the enthusiam and energy I am seeing as my son tries to figure out how to make a great virtual program is pretty cool.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Next month enroll him in a financial literacy class.
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

A_B wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:46 pm Next month enroll him in a financial literacy class.
He negotiated for volunteer hours (which I think is a requirement for National Honor Society), but yeah don't see him out hustling for lawns to mow and walks to shovel.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

wlu_lax6 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:55 pm
A_B wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:46 pm Next month enroll him in a financial literacy class.
He negotiated for volunteer hours (which I think is a requirement for National Honor Society), but yeah don't see him out hustling for lawns to mow and walks to shovel.
That is awesome, good on your son!
-Pruitt
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

wlu_lax6 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:39 pmSo some may know buy my Aunt is a huge champion in special education. She was one of the big engines in Baltimore County Public Schools (pretty much fighting the school system for the kids).
So has she done battle with GaryClark? (Or was it Geep?) Or were they only Baltimore City?
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:23 pm
wlu_lax6 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:39 pmSo some may know buy my Aunt is a huge champion in special education. She was one of the big engines in Baltimore County Public Schools (pretty much fighting the school system for the kids).
So has she done battle with GaryClark? (Or was it Geep?) Or were they only Baltimore City?
Garyclark was Balt City before he went on to fame and fortune in Providence.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

wlu_lax6 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:39 pm So some may know buy my Aunt is a huge champion in special education. She was one of the big engines in Baltimore County Public Schools (pretty much fighting the school system for the kids). She retired last year and only increased the hours she was working and now doing it for free. Anyway she also runs a bunch of programs and camps for this community, with special focus on Austism.

Anyway, my son was talking to my aunt a week or so ago. Somehow they got to the topic if D&D. Anyway, last night my son and my aunt to are working on a way to run D&D for my aunt's summer camp program (now virtual). My aunt offer to pay him like the other counselors. He turned her down and said it was just something he wanted to do for the community.

Not saying that slaying dragons with 20-sided dice is the biggest contribution to special education but the enthusiam and energy I am seeing as my son tries to figure out how to make a great virtual program is pretty cool.
I know your aunt very well. She and my wife speak frequently regarding my son. There is a HUGE need for social group opportunities like this and I would be glad to promote anything they need promoted. Tell Aunt Sara, I say hello.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Good on you, wlu_lax6Rj.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Good stuff, wlu!
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

bfj wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:39 pm
wlu_lax6 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:39 pm So some may know buy my Aunt is a huge champion in special education. She was one of the big engines in Baltimore County Public Schools (pretty much fighting the school system for the kids). She retired last year and only increased the hours she was working and now doing it for free. Anyway she also runs a bunch of programs and camps for this community, with special focus on Austism.

There is a HUGE need for social group opportunities like this and I would be glad to promote anything they need promoted.
Unless he's a dick DM to the party when they're just trying to domesticate some Owlbears. Give it a rest and let the kid cast fireball already.
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

My 23 year old son is having trouble finding full time work in his chosen field (Industrial Design), but bless him, he's staying busy writing for a couple of websites.

His first feature - and it's a wild bit of history.

https://www.hotcars.com/how-saabs-vigge ... Blackbird
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Bad link
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

Pruitt wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:08 pm I'll try again...

https://www.hotcars.com/how-saabs-vigge ... blackbird/
Pruitt's son on Proud Offspring Unit Crowing Thread wrote:My dad successfully hyperlinked an article on his second try
Congrats, that's awesome he's getting published writing about something he cares about
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

That one worked. I always thought the Blackbird was the coolest. Good stuff.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

My kindred spirit (ASMR and future pilot) son loved the article.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

rass wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:10 pm That one worked. I always thought the Blackbird was the coolest. Good stuff.
It is the coolest. I went through a period being obsessed with military aircraft around middle school and early high school. Started with the Flight of the Intruder book series, the unveiling of the stealth F-117 Night Hawk and playing an F-15 Flight simulator game then the televising of the Gulf War. Got to see a Blackbird up close on The Intrepid aircraft carrier turned museum. It's so much smaller than I imagined, but just as off looking.

Anyways, if you want a cool history of the Blackbird and the sister CIA plane the A-12 OXCART, I can't recommend enough Annie Jacobsen's book Area 51: An Uncensored History of America's Secret Military Base. The OXCART was designed to replace the U2, and it's early success led to the Blackbird program. They were separately run programs, and neither knew about the other. This secrecy is what led to a lot of the UFO conspiracies throughout the history of Area 51. The Air Force was unaware of secret aircraft testing, so they genuinely believed shit the CIA worked on may have been UFOs, and the CIA fostered these conspiracies to divert attention from what they are doing. A lot of UFO conspiracy stuff ignited in the early days of testing stealth technology, because pilots and experts unaware of the new technologies believed the craft were impossible with current technology. As cool as the recently confirmed UFO stuff is, I'm fairly confident its hi tech stuff the military is working on that pilots and DoD brass aren't aware exists. The technology testing is always 10-20 years ahead of the public learning about it.
-Pruitt
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Pruitt wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:08 pm I'll try again...

https://www.hotcars.com/how-saabs-vigge ... blackbird/
Thanks for the link, very cool stories, and I never heard anything about them. I knew Saab made great jet engines, but never gave much thought to the Swedish Air Force, and never realized they ran hundreds of missions intercepting US spy planes, let alone achieved missile locks on Blackbirds.
-Pruitt
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

The Sybian wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:14 am
rass wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:10 pm That one worked. I always thought the Blackbird was the coolest. Good stuff.
It is the coolest. I went through a period being obsessed with military aircraft around middle school and early high school. Started with the Flight of the Intruder book series, the unveiling of the stealth F-117 Night Hawk and playing an F-15 Flight simulator game then the televising of the Gulf War. Got to see a Blackbird up close on The Intrepid aircraft carrier turned museum. It's so much smaller than I imagined, but just as off looking.

Anyways, if you want a cool history of the Blackbird and the sister CIA plane the A-12 OXCART, I can't recommend enough Annie Jacobsen's book Area 51: An Uncensored History of America's Secret Military Base. The OXCART was designed to replace the U2, and it's early success led to the Blackbird program. They were separately run programs, and neither knew about the other. This secrecy is what led to a lot of the UFO conspiracies throughout the history of Area 51. The Air Force was unaware of secret aircraft testing, so they genuinely believed shit the CIA worked on may have been UFOs, and the CIA fostered these conspiracies to divert attention from what they are doing. A lot of UFO conspiracy stuff ignited in the early days of testing stealth technology, because pilots and experts unaware of the new technologies believed the craft were impossible with current technology. As cool as the recently confirmed UFO stuff is, I'm fairly confident its hi tech stuff the military is working on that pilots and DoD brass aren't aware exists. The technology testing is always 10-20 years ahead of the public learning about it.
My son has told me all about this. He is a font of information on these things.
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

You guys may have seen this before, but this is a great Blackbird story.

Totally Kafkaesque
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

The Sybian wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:14 am The technology testing is always 10-20 years ahead of the public learning about it.
Yes. My sister was part of some of these programs when she was in the AF. Shit she still can't talk about.
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Not my kid, but my friend's kid who I've been trying to help get noticed in the feeble ways I can.

He was fantastic all summer on the camp/competition circuit. Preferred walk-on offer from Cincy yesterday and got a handful of new coaches following him as a result, including some guy with #FireUpChips in his twitter profile (aTm, Purdue, Rice, Western Michigan, Bowling Green also joined the party in some capacity).
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
TT2.0
The Big Lebowski

Post by TT2.0 »

Pruitt wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:09 pm My 23 year old son is having trouble finding full time work in his chosen field (Industrial Design), but bless him, he's staying busy writing for a couple of websites.

His first feature - and it's a wild bit of history.

https://www.hotcars.com/how-saabs-vigge ... Blackbird
I'm not interested in reading some Saab story
Gunpowder wrote:you transcend douchedom.
MOTHERFUCKING 2017 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!