Proud Parental Unit Crowing Thread

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Ryan
The Dude

Re: Proud Parental Unit Crowing Thread

Post by Ryan »

So anyway yeah, super proud of our kids!
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Rush2112 wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:39 am So another buddy said
Vanished Valley and Brick & Feather are the hot little guys. Medusa is pretty good, but not worth going out of your way for. Finnback and Singlecut are worth it if you can't get at home. Sip of Sunshine is around currently and usually is for a bit, worth it if you've never had, but not as great as in the past. Half Acre is showing up, so something new to try as well.
Finback and Singlecut are NYC, and Singlecut came to NJ a few months ago. Everything I've had from Singlecut has been great, Finback was good. Half Acre recently made it to NJ, too. Would have blow me away 5 years ago, but I still thought it was really good. I'm onsite with a client near the Financial District the whole time, so probably not getting a car. I'll seek out some bottle shops and craft bars, and load an extra suitcase of Trillium. Debating flying for Amtrak, and muling is pushing me towards the train. Stupid flying rules.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

If you've ever wanted to stop in every single town in CT, Amtrak is your best bet.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

"Next stop - Old East Naugaburyfordton"

Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

addition to beer list from sometime swamper and fulltime music maven RSL:
RSL wrote:Aeronaut, Down The Road, Mystic and Greater Good, exclusively in local stores, all imperial, all amazing
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

mister d wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:11 pm If you've ever wanted to stop in every single town in CT, Amtrak is your best bet.
Acela Express is the only reasonable consideration.
-Pruitt
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Too bad we don't have a beer thread.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

I basically hinted at the same thing but nobody screenshotted me. Ageism much?!?

DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Waiting....
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Its too much work to post a pic here, but imagine a screenshot of Rass' slap slap slap guy getting off on the old simpsons guy complaining. Thanks.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

mister d wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:28 pm Its too much work to post a pic here, but imagine a screenshot of Rass' slap slap slap guy getting off on the old simpsons guy complaining. Thanks.
I was just expecting a post of Ryan's shrug avatar.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

mister d wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:11 pm If you've ever wanted to stop in every single town in CT, Amtrak is your best bet.
On the train now, and this is the way to go! Only a few stops in CT, and they are very short. My client was 1 block from South Station, and the train began boarding 20 minutes early. So much better than taking a cab to the airport, fucking with security, waiting for an hour, sitting on the tarmac... Trips is just under 4 hours, but close to the same amount of time when you include travel to airport, security, tarmac time...; and with my oversize suitcase full of Trillium, I would have had to check my luggage. Fuck, it's so heavy, there would have been additional fees for sure. These seats are big enough, I can get out of the inside seat without the woman next to me moving (she is tiny and kept her table up. It's like first class here.
-Pruitt
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

My kid and TennBengal’s kid are playing Fortnite together.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Teach them well and let them lead the way
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Things that I couldn’t fathom 10 years ago on a whole lot of level.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

As I think I updated in the youth soccer thread, my daughter made the older A team for our town's travel club. This summer, the coach of the club two years older is running practices once a week for whoever wants to come on her new team, his team, and the team a year older. He has them all grouped together, so she is practicing with girls up to 3 years older than her. I'm amazed by her determination to keep up with them, and her fearlessness in attacking and going into tackles. I can see she is nervous at times, as they are running complicated drills she has never done, and most of the other girls have, and the coach doesn't explain the drills, he yells out the name of the drill, and they know what to do.

Last week, my wife took some pictures, because the size difference was hilarious at times. None of the pictures do it justice, but my daughter is 9, going into 4th grade, and the others are 12, going into 7th grade. Several of the girls are taller than my wife, who is 5'5", and my daughter is a full fott shorter. She is absolutely holding her own, and in the top half on most drills. There are even a couple girls 2 years older who play for PDA, which is part of the US Development Academy and the best girl's academy in the state, and one age group won the national championship last year.

She went against the chubby girl in red in a one-on-one drill. They had to race to a ball, head on, and got there at the same time. My daughter didn't hesitate, went into the 50/50 challenge, and they both went down. My daughter popped right up, took the ball, and dribbled it into the goal. The picture doesn't show it well, but the other girl is well over double my daughter's weight.

I love this; same shoe different size

-Pruitt
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

The Sybian wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:42 am As I think I updated in the youth soccer thread, my daughter made the older A team for our town's travel club. This summer, the coach of the club two years older is running practices once a week for whoever wants to come on her new team, his team, and the team a year older. He has them all grouped together, so she is practicing with girls up to 3 years older than her. I'm amazed by her determination to keep up with them, and her fearlessness in attacking and going into tackles. I can see she is nervous at times, as they are running complicated drills she has never done, and most of the other girls have, and the coach doesn't explain the drills, he yells out the name of the drill, and they know what to do.

Last week, my wife took some pictures, because the size difference was hilarious at times. None of the pictures do it justice, but my daughter is 9, going into 4th grade, and the others are 12, going into 7th grade. Several of the girls are taller than my wife, who is 5'5", and my daughter is a full fott shorter. She is absolutely holding her own, and in the top half on most drills. There are even a couple girls 2 years older who play for PDA, which is part of the US Development Academy and the best girl's academy in the state, and one age group won the national championship last year.

She went against the chubby girl in red in a one-on-one drill. They had to race to a ball, head on, and got there at the same time. My daughter didn't hesitate, went into the 50/50 challenge, and they both went down. My daughter popped right up, took the ball, and dribbled it into the goal. The picture doesn't show it well, but the other girl is well over double my daughter's weight.

I love this; same shoe different size

That is fantastic...tell your daughter to double knot the shoes....can't win the race if you are running on flat tires(2nd picture).
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

wlu_lax6 wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:47 am
That is fantastic...tell your daughter to double knot the shoes....can't win the race if you are running on flat tires(2nd picture).
You have no idea how many times we tell her to tie her damn shoes...
-Pruitt
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

Good stuff. Thanks for sharing.

I won't post a video of my younger son singing Black Eyed Peas at camp karaoke this week but it was two minutes of adorable (to me, you all would want to put something sharp in your ears).
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

The way they stand in the pics says a lot. You could probably choose a team just watching kids run, walk, stand there without a ball. And I hate those cleats. My kid just had to have them because they said Messi. Feel overly slick to me. Got him some used adidas predators on eBay but he won't have it. Clean contact be damned... These say Messi. You might consider looping the laces under the soles. Makes it easier to tie tightly without finger strength or dexterity
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Today marks exactly 12.5 years since my wife I became parents, and we've marked the occasion with our first broken bone (occurred last evening, diagnosed today). Buckle fracture of the left wrist of the younger one, earned while making a save goofing around during her older sister's soccer practice.
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

rass wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:12 pm Today marks exactly 12.5 years since my wife I became parents, and we've marked the occasion with our first broken bone (occurred last evening, diagnosed today). Buckle fracture of the left wrist of the younger one, earned while making a save goofing around during her older sister's soccer practice.
UNEXPECTED FRACTURE.
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

BSF21 wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:40 pm
rass wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:12 pm Today marks exactly 12.5 years since my wife I became parents, and we've marked the occasion with our first broken bone (occurred last evening, diagnosed today). Buckle fracture of the left wrist of the younger one, earned while making a save goofing around during her older sister's soccer practice.
UNEXPECTED FRACTURE.
No one expects the Spanish Fragmentation!
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Gonna change my avi again so you guys appear to be heartlessly making light of an injury to a 10 year old girl.
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

rass wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:13 pm Gonna change my avi again so you guys appear to be heartlessly making light of an injury to a 10 year old girl.
I wasn't?

hopeshegetsbetterrealfast

Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

We don't have the opposite of this thread, so I'm putting it here. Walking into the kitchen seeing my youngest standing in a puddle of piss 5 minutes after she assured me she didn't need her pull-up on led to me literally taking scissors to her Anna dress and completely destroying it because I couldn't get the zipper to go down.

Between being overwhelmed at my job and worrying about my wife's, not a fun week.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

Giff wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:53 am We don't have the opposite of this thread, so I'm putting it here. Walking into the kitchen seeing my youngest standing in a puddle of piss 5 minutes after she assured me she didn't need her pull-up on led to me literally taking scissors to her Anna dress and completely destroying it because I couldn't get the zipper to go down.

Between being overwhelmed at my job and worrying about my wife's, not a fun week.
Dude, let it go.

rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

BSF21 wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:41 am
Giff wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:53 am We don't have the opposite of this thread, so I'm putting it here. Walking into the kitchen seeing my youngest standing in a puddle of piss 5 minutes after she assured me she didn't need her pull-up on led to me literally taking scissors to her Anna dress and completely destroying it because I couldn't get the zipper to go down.

Dude, let it go.
Ha!

And sorry Giff. Luckily they're pretty forgiving.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Sorry, Giff. But, I can tell you from experience that you'll probably look back and laugh when you remember that scene with your daughter twelve years from now. Especially when you remind her of it.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

They'll be laughing about it tonight, I'm sure.
duff
Donny

Post by duff »

Giff wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:24 am They'll be laughing about it tonight, I'm sure.
Remember that time dad cut that dress off me with scissors.
To quote both Bruce Prichard and Tony Schiavone, "Fuck Duff Meltzer."
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Is this where I brag about my wife leaving about 35 minutes late to pick up our kid from camp (she's been there since Sunday)?
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:07 pm Is this where I brag about my wife leaving about 35 minutes late to pick up our kid from camp (she's been there since Sunday)?
So did you realize and didn't tell her? Cause I've done that.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Giff wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:28 pm
DSafetyGuy wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:07 pm Is this where I brag about my wife leaving about 35 minutes late to pick up our kid from camp (she's been there since Sunday)?
No, I mentioned it as soon as I realized she was still here.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:52 pm
Giff wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:28 pm
No, I mentioned it as soon as I realized she was still here.
I've only done it when I knew the only result would be me having a quick snide little remark and doesn't affect kids at all.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I shut off my camp pickup alarm when I was in DE for work (after it went off in a meeting one day (Its "Ghost Pressure" by Wolf Parade)) and then the first day back missed the bus by 3 minutes and she's still traumatized by this because she believes in perfect order.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Proud avuncular crowing: nephew got last six outs to record save to send his team to championship bracket in cal Ripken World Series. Two strikeouts and a putout to close it.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

A_B wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:46 pm Proud avuncular crowing: nephew got last six outs to record save to send his team to championship bracket in cal Ripken World Series. Two strikeouts and a putout to close it.
Was wondering what the situation was there. Congrats!
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

rass wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:38 am
A_B wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:46 pm Proud avuncular crowing: nephew got last six outs to record save to send his team to championship bracket in cal Ripken World Series. Two strikeouts and a putout to close it.
Was wondering what the situation was there. Congrats!
Also some really good friends have a son on same team. Sabo's met those friends, actually.