Twitter

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, DaveInSeattle, rass

Johnnie
The Dude
Posts: 12359
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:31 pm
Location: ABQ, BITCH!

Re: Twitter

Post by Johnnie » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:23 pm

My wife and I's eventual first dog will be a corgi mix. He'll/She'll be named Waffles.

And I also want a French bulldog. Name to be determined.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.

User avatar
A_B
The Dude
Posts: 17342
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:36 am
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Re: Twitter

Post by A_B » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:38 pm

Johnnie wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:23 pm
My wife and I's eventual first dog will be a corgi mix. He'll/She'll be named Waffles.

And I also want a French bulldog. Name to be determined.
Crepes?
This "Whoa, Nelly" is brought to you by Nelly's Organic candy bars. Tastes like the good stuff, without the bad stuff. Whoa, Nelly!

Johnnie
The Dude
Posts: 12359
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:31 pm
Location: ABQ, BITCH!

Re: Twitter

Post by Johnnie » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:21 pm

A_B wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:38 pm
Johnnie wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:23 pm
My wife and I's eventual first dog will be a corgi mix. He'll/She'll be named Waffles.

And I also want a French bulldog. Name to be determined.
Crepes?
Ha. Nice. Maybe!
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.

User avatar
Giff
The Dude
Posts: 6666
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:26 pm

Re: Twitter

Post by Giff » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:44 am

Chicken
Muh.

User avatar
bfj
Donny
Posts: 2891
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:08 pm

Re: Twitter

Post by bfj » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:55 am

Johnnie wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:23 pm
My wife and I's eventual first dog will be a corgi mix. He'll/She'll be named Waffles.

And I also want a French bulldog. Name to be determined.
Image

If you don't buy Waffle this sign for their dog house, don't tell me.
Last edited by bfj on Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Enjoy every sandwich.

Beefy Frank Jackson at your service.

User avatar
bfj
Donny
Posts: 2891
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:08 pm

Re: Twitter

Post by bfj » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:55 am

Giff wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:44 am
Chicken
I like it.
Enjoy every sandwich.

Beefy Frank Jackson at your service.

User avatar
GoodKarma
Jesus Quintana
Posts: 864
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:14 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: Twitter

Post by GoodKarma » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:08 pm

I would like expensive whiskey.
We only have beer & wine...
What am I, 12?

Johnnie
The Dude
Posts: 12359
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:31 pm
Location: ABQ, BITCH!

Re: Twitter

Post by Johnnie » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:06 pm

bfj wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:55 am
Giff wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:44 am
Chicken
I like it.
Me too.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.

Johnnie
The Dude
Posts: 12359
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:31 pm
Location: ABQ, BITCH!

Re: Twitter

Post by Johnnie » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:39 pm

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.

User avatar
Rex
The Dude
Posts: 5257
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:10 pm

Re: Twitter

Post by Rex » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:02 pm



Please take the time to explore the space. I mean, really explore the space.

I don’t think I’m even done yet

[+] spoiler
I went from “this place looks a little messy” to “hey, a cat” to gut-busting laughter to “gee, this is a little sad” to “I wonder how many counts there were in the indictment...”

User avatar
The Sybian
The Dude
Posts: 12909
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:36 am
Location: Working in the Crap Part of Jersey

Re: Twitter

Post by The Sybian » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:30 pm

Need to spend more time, but some crazy things in every room. I’m imaging the frustration of the realtor after telling them to clean before they take the pictures.

And the description is great:

Public Remarks: Church, School, Daycare, Home business this home has been it all. This unique home is just what you are
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt

User avatar
Rex
The Dude
Posts: 5257
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:10 pm

Re: Twitter

Post by Rex » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:47 pm

If you're not horrified, you haven't seen enough yet.

User avatar
EnochRoot
Walter Sobchak
Posts: 3053
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:18 pm

Re: Twitter

Post by EnochRoot » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:48 pm

The basement turned into an American Pickers episode. The clue was I think that was Frank's cat.
HaulCitgo wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:33 am
Enoch brought the goods.

User avatar
Pruitt
The Dude
Posts: 16809
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:02 am
Location: North Shore of Lake Ontario

Re: Twitter

Post by Pruitt » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:04 am

Rex wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:47 pm
If you're not horrified, you haven't seen enough yet.
Good lord!
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."

User avatar
The Sybian
The Dude
Posts: 12909
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:36 am
Location: Working in the Crap Part of Jersey

Re: Twitter

Post by The Sybian » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:24 am

Rex wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:47 pm
If you're not horrified, you haven't seen enough yet.
Ha, yeah. 5 minutes on my phone wasn't enough. Need the large screen to appreciate the details, like the bedroom with the "Welcome to the Man Cave" sign. A box full of prescription pills and a large assortment of cologne. BTW, I could smell the stench of stale cigarettes and damp mold as I toured the house. When DVD sales pick up again, they are sitting on a gold mine. As I got lost in the stacks of DVDs, CD, and weird toys, I didn't realize the panic setting in until I felt the relief of spinning around and seeing an exit sign.

I found 2 Men's rooms (Love the urinal in the bedroom hallway bathroom, been a dream of mine since I saw Curtis Martin's house on MTV Cribs. But the craziest find was walking into a full room bathtub with stairs on the opposite end that were walled off. It had two showers in the room. Very creepy. I'm obsessed with this. Realtor is going to have an interesting moment when he suddenly gets 1 million views.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt

User avatar
A_B
The Dude
Posts: 17342
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:36 am
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Re: Twitter

Post by A_B » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:27 am

You know, if you're looking for a ranch with an expansive basement, you could do worse.
This "Whoa, Nelly" is brought to you by Nelly's Organic candy bars. Tastes like the good stuff, without the bad stuff. Whoa, Nelly!

User avatar
BSF21
Walter Sobchak
Posts: 4834
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:08 pm
Location: Playing one off the Monster

Re: Twitter

Post by BSF21 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:47 am

This is fucking wild.
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."

User avatar
A_B
The Dude
Posts: 17342
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:36 am
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Re: Twitter

Post by A_B » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:48 am

A_B wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:27 am
You know, if you're looking for a ranch with an expansive basement, you could do worse.
FFS it's a split level!
This "Whoa, Nelly" is brought to you by Nelly's Organic candy bars. Tastes like the good stuff, without the bad stuff. Whoa, Nelly!

User avatar
rass
The Dude
Posts: 14710
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:41 am
Location: N effin' J

Re: Twitter

Post by rass » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:52 am

Liscio's Bakery makes good bread (corner deli in the neighborhood where we usually get our shore house uses their rolls) but I really thought they were a pretty local to Philly entity, so what I'm saying that if it's possible to get good Italian bread in Louisville then maybe I need to apologize to AB for making fun of KY pizza all of these years.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.

User avatar
Brontoburglar
Walter Sobchak
Posts: 4750
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:20 am

Re: Twitter

Post by Brontoburglar » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:56 pm

The Sybian wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:24 am
Rex wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:47 pm
If you're not horrified, you haven't seen enough yet.
Ha, yeah. 5 minutes on my phone wasn't enough. Need the large screen to appreciate the details, like the bedroom with the "Welcome to the Man Cave" sign. A box full of prescription pills and a large assortment of cologne. BTW, I could smell the stench of stale cigarettes and damp mold as I toured the house. When DVD sales pick up again, they are sitting on a gold mine. As I got lost in the stacks of DVDs, CD, and weird toys, I didn't realize the panic setting in until I felt the relief of spinning around and seeing an exit sign.

I found 2 Men's rooms (Love the urinal in the bedroom hallway bathroom, been a dream of mine since I saw Curtis Martin's house on MTV Cribs. But the craziest find was walking into a full room bathtub with stairs on the opposite end that were walled off. It had two showers in the room. Very creepy. I'm obsessed with this. Realtor is going to have an interesting moment when he suddenly gets 1 million views.
you clearly didn't make it to the girls gone wild room attached to the baptismal font
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer

User avatar
Brontoburglar
Walter Sobchak
Posts: 4750
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:20 am

Re: Twitter

Post by Brontoburglar » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:57 pm

also, how is that house 375?! It's listed as the same size as ours and we paid less!
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer

User avatar
The Sybian
The Dude
Posts: 12909
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:36 am
Location: Working in the Crap Part of Jersey

Re: Twitter

Post by The Sybian » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:00 pm

Brontoburglar wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:57 pm
also, how is that house 375?! It's listed as the same size as ours and we paid less!
Blue Lick Rd is highly desirable address.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt

User avatar
BSF21
Walter Sobchak
Posts: 4834
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:08 pm
Location: Playing one off the Monster

Re: Twitter

Post by BSF21 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:01 pm

The Sybian wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:00 pm
Brontoburglar wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:57 pm
also, how is that house 375?! It's listed as the same size as ours and we paid less!
Blue Lick Rd is highly desirable address.
Almost as desirable as

Image
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."

User avatar
A_B
The Dude
Posts: 17342
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:36 am
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Re: Twitter

Post by A_B » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:03 pm

The Sybian wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:00 pm
Brontoburglar wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:57 pm
also, how is that house 375?! It's listed as the same size as ours and we paid less!
Blue Lick Rd is highly desirable address.
I don't know louisville real estate perfectly, and I know you have tongue in cheek, but I don't believe that's the greatest part of town. It's very strange.
This "Whoa, Nelly" is brought to you by Nelly's Organic candy bars. Tastes like the good stuff, without the bad stuff. Whoa, Nelly!

User avatar
A_B
The Dude
Posts: 17342
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:36 am
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Re: Twitter

Post by A_B » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:17 pm

Also, no one miscalculated their bet against streaming platforms more than Blockbuster and these people.
This "Whoa, Nelly" is brought to you by Nelly's Organic candy bars. Tastes like the good stuff, without the bad stuff. Whoa, Nelly!

User avatar
Rex
The Dude
Posts: 5257
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:10 pm

Re: Twitter

Post by Rex » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:31 pm

That's one of the first things I thought. The 2010s hit that household hard.

User avatar
brian
The Dude
Posts: 22344
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:52 am
Location: El lugar de ser
Contact:

Re: Twitter

Post by brian » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:50 pm

Maybe they're just trying to corner the market on shitty movies. During the coming Civil War, you'll kill for a DVD copy of the Devil's Rejects to play on your scavenged portable DVD player.

User avatar
DSafetyGuy
The Dude
Posts: 5924
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:29 pm
Location: Behind the high school

Re: Twitter

Post by DSafetyGuy » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:54 pm

BSF21 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:01 pm
The Sybian wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:00 pm
Brontoburglar wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:57 pm
also, how is that house 375?! It's listed as the same size as ours and we paid less!
Blue Lick Rd is highly desirable address.
Almost as desirable as

Image
This one is less desirable due to being a dangerous neighborhood.
Unknown.jpeg
Unknown.jpeg (4.83 KiB) Viewed 400 times
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”

User avatar
Pruitt
The Dude
Posts: 16809
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:02 am
Location: North Shore of Lake Ontario

Re: Twitter

Post by Pruitt » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:59 pm

brian wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:50 pm
Maybe they're just trying to corner the market on shitty movies. During the coming Civil War, you'll kill for a DVD copy of the Devil's Rejects to play on your scavenged portable DVD player.
And "Topless 2017" calendars will be more valuable than gold.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."

User avatar
brian
The Dude
Posts: 22344
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:52 am
Location: El lugar de ser
Contact:

Re: Twitter

Post by brian » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:36 pm

DSafetyGuy wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:54 pm
BSF21 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:01 pm
The Sybian wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:00 pm
Brontoburglar wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:57 pm
also, how is that house 375?! It's listed as the same size as ours and we paid less!
Blue Lick Rd is highly desirable address.
Almost as desirable as

Image
This one is less desirable due to being a dangerous neighborhood.

Unknown.jpeg
I used to live about four miles from here back in the day.

Image

User avatar
A_B
The Dude
Posts: 17342
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:36 am
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Re: Twitter

Post by A_B » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:48 pm

brian wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:36 pm
DSafetyGuy wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:54 pm
BSF21 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:01 pm
The Sybian wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:00 pm
Brontoburglar wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:57 pm
also, how is that house 375?! It's listed as the same size as ours and we paid less!
Blue Lick Rd is highly desirable address.
Almost as desirable as

Image
This one is less desirable due to being a dangerous neighborhood.

Unknown.jpeg
I used to live about four miles from here back in the day.

Image
Wherever your mom lives is big beaver road!


Ha ha /high schooled!
This "Whoa, Nelly" is brought to you by Nelly's Organic candy bars. Tastes like the good stuff, without the bad stuff. Whoa, Nelly!

User avatar
sancarlos
The Dude
Posts: 12374
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:46 pm
Location: NorCal via Colorado

Re: Twitter

Post by sancarlos » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:12 pm

In Colorado, just down the hill from the Beaver Creek ski area, you can buy your aprés-ski booze at Beaver Liquors.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian

I never shoulda punched that horse. - AB

User avatar
Pruitt
The Dude
Posts: 16809
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:02 am
Location: North Shore of Lake Ontario

Re: Twitter

Post by Pruitt » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:19 pm

Business for sale near my house.

Beaver Cleaners
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."

User avatar
DSafetyGuy
The Dude
Posts: 5924
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:29 pm
Location: Behind the high school

Re: Twitter

Post by DSafetyGuy » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:21 pm

My wife's stepmother leaves in Beaver, PA. The grocery store? Beaver Super. The list goes on and on and on.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”

User avatar
GoodKarma
Jesus Quintana
Posts: 864
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:14 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: Twitter

Post by GoodKarma » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:30 am

I find this one more hilarious than normal

I would like expensive whiskey.
We only have beer & wine...
What am I, 12?

tennbengal
The Dude
Posts: 7958
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:07 pm

Re: Twitter

Post by tennbengal » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:16 am


Johnnie
The Dude
Posts: 12359
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:31 pm
Location: ABQ, BITCH!

Re: Twitter

Post by Johnnie » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:24 pm



NO. NOT THE GABBAGOOL.



The coincidence of timing couldn't be more impeccable in my friend circle. We watched a parody of the Sopranos PlayStation 2 video game this weekend and couldn't stop singing the song from it. That led to us going to the local meat market/deli and getting a pound of gabbagool and eating it. Now this. The humanity.

This video:
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.

User avatar
L-Jam3
Donny
Posts: 2897
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:43 am

Re: Twitter

Post by L-Jam3 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:31 pm

I will fully admit that I was completely dumbfounded when I first saw the word "capicollo" written on the board at the meat section.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Andre "The Hawk" Dawson with 438.

Johnnie
The Dude
Posts: 12359
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:31 pm
Location: ABQ, BITCH!

Re: Twitter

Post by Johnnie » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:33 pm

L-Jam3 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:31 pm
I will fully admit that I was completely dumbfounded when I first saw the word "cappicola" written on the board at the meat section.
Same. I was 8 years old and saw it written on the tag the meat came in. I looked at my dad like "What the hell?" And he said "fuhgeddaboutit."
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.

User avatar
L-Jam3
Donny
Posts: 2897
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:43 am

Re: Twitter

Post by L-Jam3 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:51 pm

I'm taking it to the Culinary thread.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Andre "The Hawk" Dawson with 438.

Post Reply