Ridiculous Things You Read On Facebook

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Johnnie
The Dude

Re: Ridiculous Things You Read On Facebook

Post by Johnnie »

No. And it's illegal to operate a firearm while drunk.

Same lack of reality when Aurora happened. Lots of internet tough guys that can suddenly expertly navigate a crowded, dark, and smoke-filled theater during the chaos of a psychopath going off with bookoo guns and ammo.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

If a guy did this sort of thing at a bar near an NRA convention, I wonder how many people would die from "friendly fire" in the ensuing drunken wild-west melee.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

sancarlos wrote:If a guy did this sort of thing at a bar near an NRA convention, I wonder how many people would die from "friendly fire" in the ensuing drunken wild-west melee.
Any volunteers to conduct this experiment?
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

DaveInSeattle wrote:And heavily armed drunk people at a nightclub? Is that a good idea?
I'm gonna guess it's 50-50 that the person who posted that image isn't terribly upset about who was singled out in Orlando.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Another two brilliant posts on my feed. Sheesh.

Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

*man (not me) posts link to Snopes and Fact Check*
Both of your sources are fairly liberal leaning so I would suspect them as to accuracy.
and same thread, by a different person
If people who are mysteriously placed on the no fly list banned from buying a gun from a gun store, should people who are under criminal investigation by the FBI be able to run for president?
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

My parents completely refuse to believe Snopes or any other of those sites. Unless of course they agree with them.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

The problem is not heroin! It's douchebags who can't handle their heroin!
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Snopes makes people lose their fucking minds.

"Yeah...the Pope never said that." (Snopes link)

IT'S STILL A COOL QUOTE!!! I JUST LIKE THE QUOTE!!! IT DOESN'T MATTER WHO SAID IT!!!

"Ummm...that's not even close to what a 6-week old fetus looks like." (Snopes link)

WHO CARES WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE? IT'S STILL A LIFE!!!
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

This one drove me particularly batshit this week. And the verbal judo used against me when I brought up this was anti abortion propaganda mixed with anti gun propaganda with no attributable sources was ridiculous.

Suddenly *I* am the one who was conflating this with religion when no such suggestion was brought up! Clearly I am completely wrong because all doctors believe abortion is a cause of death. And obviously *I* am wrong about where our priorities lie when trying to save lives.

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
duff
Donny

Post by duff »

I think they are missing all gun related deaths. And do they only count "murder by gun" for those that were found guilty of murdering. What about manslaughter by gun, or accidental shootings? I am so glad I am not on Facebook to see this shit.
To quote both Bruce Prichard and Tony Schiavone, "Fuck Duff Meltzer."
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

So ban tobacco?
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

Gunpowder wrote:So ban tobacco?
I think I like "accident (unintentional)" the best
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Brontoburglar wrote:

Didn't even notice that...haaaa. I may send you a free Uncle Charles shirt in the mail.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

Gunpowder wrote:
Brontoburglar wrote:

Didn't even notice that...haaaa. I may send you a free Uncle Charles shirt in the mail.
best day ever
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Most of those aren't even causes of death. Obesity isn't a cause of death, but a contributing factor in other causes of death.
-Pruitt
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

The Sybian wrote:Most of those aren't even causes of death. Obesity isn't a cause of death, but a contributing factor in other causes of death.
Not even when your mom suffocates someone?
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

A_B wrote:
The Sybian wrote:Most of those aren't even causes of death. Obesity isn't a cause of death, but a contributing factor in other causes of death.
Not even when your mom suffocates someone?
The coroner said it was SIDS, alright? Let it go.
-Pruitt
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

I did my first "hide all" on a friend-of-a-friend (that I can recall) today. It was for one of you guys.
Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

Johnny Carwash wrote:I did my first "hide all" on a friend-of-a-friend (that I can recall) today. It was for one of you guys.
I was gonna guess me and the guy who tried to tell me that Hillary was an elected official as secretary of state -- but you and I aren't friends so
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Well, now I want to know.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Brontoburglar wrote:
Johnny Carwash wrote:I did my first "hide all" on a friend-of-a-friend (that I can recall) today. It was for one of you guys.
I was gonna guess me and the guy who tried to tell me that Hillary was an elected official as secretary of state -- but you and I aren't friends so
So it could be you, since he said friend of a friend, right?

In other ridiculous FB stuff, I decided to read the comment HDO replied to on some batshit crazy PATRIOT FREEDOM site. All these yahoos praising Putin for having the balls to move an aircraft carrier into range to attack ISIS. All sorts of shit about how we need a strong leader, like Putin, instead of the pansy ass Obama who refuses to do anything about ISIS, or is helping ISIS because they are his brothers in the fight to rule the world under Sharia Law.

First, imagine how they would respond if Obama praised Putin (like Trump does). They would go batshit crazy that Obama is weak and caving to Putin, or a commie teaming up with Russia. Pointing out that Obama moved the USS Truman aircraft carrier to run bombing missions against ISIS back in November 2015, and recently added the USS Eisenhower carrier as well means nothing to them. They crave an authoritarian dictator because they love the Constitution so damned much.
-Pruitt
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Dude, good work. It's embarrassing. Sorry about that.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Pro tip:

Stay the fuck off facebook today.
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

Giff wrote:
Absolutely no need to apologize. Just a case of my biggest annoyance with Facebook right now--somewhere along the line, they decided that everyone in your friends list needs to see your "likes" and comments exchanges with other, non-mutual friends.

For instance, I really want to "like" Gunpowder's post from this morning, but had to hold off from the apprehension that it will just pull over to my own feed and invite a #PRIVILIGEENTITLEDTRIGGERTHUG shitstorm for everyone else to see.
Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Johnny Carwash wrote:
Giff wrote:
Absolutely no need to apologize. Just a case of my biggest annoyance with Facebook right now--somewhere along the line, they decided that everyone in your friends list needs to see your "likes" and comments exchanges with other, non-mutual friends.

For instance, I really want to "like" Gunpowder's post from this morning, but had to hold off from the apprehension that it will just pull over to my own feed and invite a #PRIVILIGEENTITLEDTRIGGERTHUG shitstorm for everyone else to see.
Yeah, Giff's relatives infuriate me. Good luck with that family reunion. Edibles, lots of edibles. If I were in your position, I'd probably drink too much and go off. You don't want to talk politics with me after I have a couple drinks.
-Pruitt
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

I want to thank everyone who posts in this thread for giving me constant reminders on why I should never create a Facebook account.
THERE’S NOTHING WRONG WITH GALA LUNCHEONS, LAD!
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

The Sybian wrote:
Johnny Carwash wrote:
Giff wrote:

Yeah, Giff's relatives infuriate me. Good luck with that family reunion. Edibles, lots of edibles. If I were in your position, I'd probably drink too much and go off. You don't want to talk politics with me after I have a couple drinks.
That was me in the late 90s until after Bush won re-election. I didn't even need drinks. But it's just not worth it to talk about in person. I'm not wasting a vacation pissed off at my parents, one of my sisters and my brother believing every single news item that comes out against their cemented opinions is just liberal lies.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

It's sad to see all of this hate, racism, ignorance and everything else. We need more love in the style of MLK. This unnecessary violence and killing needs to stop. The sad thing is the media is trying to force a racial divide between us. On a side note is Pokemon Go as real as everyone says?
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Probably still the most level-headed post of the day.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

The Sybian wrote:
Johnny Carwash wrote:
Giff wrote:

Yea I made that mistake with BSFGF's stepdad when we were in MN. Safe to say he hasn't been out of rural Minnesota very much in his life.
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Sabo wrote:I want to thank everyone who posts in this thread for giving me constant reminders on why I should never create a Facebook account.
+1.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
Moreta
Bunny Lebowski

Post by Moreta »

I am so sick of these posts. I'm fighting the urge to say unless you're waiting for your dark skinned son to get home from work every day, worried that he won't make it home, then you don't get to pass judgment on those who are.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Moreta wrote:I am so sick of these posts. I'm fighting the urge to say unless you're waiting for your dark skinned son to get home from work every day, worried that he won't make it home, then you don't get to pass judgment on those who are.
Well put. I don't think there is anything inconsistent between saying "Most cops are good and they do an important and difficult job" and "Cops should really stop shooting unarmed black guys."
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Talk about straw men...
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

The same people who say "The Police say stop, you stop" are also the ones saying "I have a right to an arsenal to resist the government."
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

Steve of phpBB wrote:The same people who say "The Police say stop, you stop" are also the ones saying "I have a right to an arsenal to resist the government."
I've thought that too.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Yeah, it's not like police are raising black people's taxes by a few percent or something.
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Guess Chandler Jones was telling the truth... got that kid Nkemdiche jumping out of windows too. Might be time to legalize the real stuff if this is the other option.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 1865937609