Ridiculous Things You Read On Facebook

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Pruitt
The Dude

Re: Ridiculous Things You Read On Facebook

Post by Pruitt »

Assange/Wikileaks is in bed with Putin and Russia - and trying to get Trump elected. Drumpf and Putin are besties - how does that maker all you red-blooded anti-commie folks feel?
To my outraged Progressive friends - be careful what you believe. We are now dealing with State Sponsored agitprop specifically designed to elect Trump.
Apparently Julian Assange is part of a Putin-Trump conspiracy. Otherwise, no reason why he would make the Democrats look bad.

Right?
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

Who knows? Maybe, you were kidnapped, tied up, taken away and held for ransom.

Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Um. Yes they do. People tell you from the moment the kid is out of the womb. Some version of "don't blink, they grow up so fast" is uttered fairly constantly. Especially on Facebook.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

And its wrong anyway. Anyone without an extenuating circumstance who says any period other than the first three months is the hardest is an idiot.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

mister d wrote:And its wrong anyway. Anyone without an extenuating circumstance who says any period other than the first three months is the hardest is an idiot.
And, adolescence is no day at the beach, either.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

sancarlos wrote:
mister d wrote:And its wrong anyway. Anyone without an extenuating circumstance who says any period other than the first three months is the hardest is an idiot.
Yeah, the first three months were a breeze compared to any three-month period after they learn to talk back to you.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Steve of phpBB wrote:
sancarlos wrote:
Yeah, the first three months were a breeze compared to any three-month period after they learn to talk back to you.
Right. Babies are easy. Teenagers are the spawn of satan.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Moreta
Bunny Lebowski

Post by Moreta »

Teenagers are the absolute worst. I have 4 of them. I know.

Kids growing up, however, is awesome. A++
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

I guess this hit me the wrong way, in so strongly, because I just dropped a "kid" off at college last weekend.

And I get what you guys are saying... The process of watching them mature and turn into independent, thoughtful human beings is wonderful.

But, and I know I'm redundant with this post, but...

EVERYFUCKINGONE tells you that time flies by quickly... Don't miss a thing... You can't get those moments back... ETC ETC ETC

To the point that you want to say, Hey, I fucking get it, I'm trying very hard to be in the moment and to attend every goddamn thing and coach this and volunteer for that. Stop reminding me this is going to end "soon."

=-=-=-=-=

I am also someone that gets pissed when, right after 4th of July people start lamenting the "end of summer." No, ass, there are still at least 8 more weeks of summer. It's not even 1/3 done. Stop it.

Or the people that start moaning about "vacation being over" on TH of a week long trip that ends on Sunday. No.. We still have 2-3 days left, why are you doing that to everyone's mood.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

You all (above NLC) are liars. Babies are cute, but if you had to spend the next decade with either a perpetual 2 month old or a perpetual 20 year old, none of you are picking the 2 month old.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

I've spent the last 40 years with a perpetual 20yo, and I ain't complaining.

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Whenever someone drops a motherhood is tough meme, I share this:

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

mister d wrote:You all (above NLC) are liars. Babies are cute, but if you had to spend the next decade with either a perpetual 2 month old or a perpetual 20 year old, none of you are picking the 2 month old.
The day I realized that I would not need to change any more diapers was one of the best days of my life as a parent.

Two month olds are great, 4 year olds are better, but being able to watch "Blazing Saddles" with my son, or to watch soccer with my daughter is a hell of a lot better.

But one reason people may say that they miss the early days is that they - along with their kids - were younger as well.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

And babies are cool, just not 24/7/13. Being with a 3.5 year old and a 3 month old made me completely confident that 3.5 year olds are much, much, much better.

As for that clip ... parenting is both infinitely harder than I thought when I was like Johnnie and not nearly as hard as the biggest martyrs make it sound.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

A_B wrote:Right. Babies are easy. Teenagers are the spawn of satan.
A-fucking-men. Moody douchebags who roll their eyes and mouth off. Babies and little ones are so easy. Feed them, play with them, no issues to worry about. Try explaining to a smart ass child how to be a friend, how to talk to a girl, how to navigate social situations. They are emotional and irrational. I'll trade you my 15 year old for both your babies any day of the week. My autistic kid makes more sense to me than my oldest son.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
Moreta
Bunny Lebowski

Post by Moreta »

Life with teens is better. Their independence makes other aspects of life easier. Life with babies is harder. They are needy. They are constantly demanding. Cute, but unreasonable.

Parenting teens, however, sucks donkey balls.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

mister d wrote:And babies are cool, just not 24/7/13. Being with a 3.5 year old and a 3 month old made me completely confident that 3.5 year olds are much, much, much better.

As for that clip ... parenting is both infinitely harder than I thought when I was like Johnnie and not nearly as hard as the biggest martyrs make it sound.
Beautifully summarized - thing is the stages in life, they don't happen overnight. They are gradual - you have time to prepare.

Teens do suck, but as long as your teens aren't doing anything dangerous, it is kind of nice to be able to give them space.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

mister d wrote:You all (above NLC) are liars. Babies are cute, but if you had to spend the next decade with either a perpetual 2 month old or a perpetual 20 year old, none of you are picking the 2 month old.
No baby has ever stressed me out the way my kids can do hese days. Yeah it's nice when hey start hanging out with friends and all that. But babies are still way easier. You'll see. You just don't know yet. It's fine.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

At no point for 90 days were both my wife and I asleep at the same time in the same room. You would not accept a decade long 0-3 month old.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

And that's not to minimize the stress of having a teenager, I can semi-imagine it. But newborn phase is nonstop terrible.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

mister d wrote:At no point for 90 days were both my wife and I asleep at the same time in the same room. You would not accept a decade long 0-3 month old.

Well then that's a you problem. That's insane. And I guess understandable for your feelings. But I would be interested in 12 years what you think. We may still be around.

What I was trying to say but came off dickish is hat you clearly have had more issues with the babies than I did. Which you kinda said he converse of in your latter post. No hard feelings. Mileage may vary and all that.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

No, I'm mad at you now and we aren't friends.

(I don't even think they counted as real issues, she had reflux and sleep issues where someone had to be around to either hold her or be there to prevent really waking up. Rough, but run of the mill rough.)
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

A_B wrote:We may still be around.
Speak for yourself. I'm playing with house money these days.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

bfj wrote:
A_B wrote:We may still be around.
Speak for yourself. I'm playing with house money these days.

I put a "may" in there!
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

There doesn't have to be a winner here. The first two months of my daughters life were hell on us. Hell was revisited on occasion in more recent years, in a completely different form.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

"I wish we could stop talking about it" - man on Facebook while talking about Colin Kaepernick
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Never forget never forgetting.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Johnnie wrote:Never forget never forgetting.
And then never forget that.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

I didn't get a 'never forget' outta that guy. You watch your ass.

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

howard wrote:I didn't get a 'never forget' outta that guy. You watch your ass.
Harrumph
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

It seems the only thing people forget is who was president that day. My fucktard of a brother posted a picture of one of the planes hitting the towers saying how our president has put our lives at risk and we need to boot him and Hillary out. I posted #neverforget who was president that day, but since I'm at that point in my life where I hope I never have to talk to him or my sister again, I just deleted it.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Giff wrote:It seems the only thing people forget is who was president that day. My fucktard of a brother posted a picture of one of the planes hitting the towers saying how our president has put our lives at risk and we need to boot him and Hillary out. I posted #neverforget who was president that day, but since I'm at that point in my life where I hope I never have to talk to him or my sister again, I just deleted it.
Trump's idiot Chief Spokestroll Katrina Pierson blamed Obama and Hillary's policies for 9/11 on national news (probably CNN). When asked how a state Senator's policies were to blame, she said the policies endorsed by Obama and Clinton would have made 9/11 worse, because they are tying our military's hand, and not letting them fight terrorism.

I also keep hearing that Obama's withdrawal from Iraq created ISIS, and he was an idiot to announce our withdrawal plans. Since Obama honored the withdrawal treaty Bush created and signed, should Obama have used his powers as dictator to ignore the treaty? If he did ignore the treaty, would these fools have supported that decision? I'm sure every single soldier killed in Iraq would have been paraded out as blood on Obama's hands, and caused by his refusal to follow the Constitution, hatred of America, and desire to allow the terrorists to destroy our military, take over our country and institute Sharia Law.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

sancarlos wrote:There doesn't have to be a winner here. The first two months of my daughters life were hell on us. Hell was revisited on occasion in more recent years, in a completely different form.
Yeah, thinking about it more, it's different kinds of trouble.

Babies are non-stop busy-ness stress. I never slept more than two hours in a row during my son's first year. (Of course, we were idiots and kept him in our room.)

But for me, the emotional stress and frustration has been much higher with my kids as teenagers. Although they are much less time-consuming.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

That's what I picture, and I have no doubt it'll be horrible, but I've seen that logic before and it tends to erase the emotional stress of simply trying to keep a human baby alive, the first time with no basis, on little-to-no sleep.
Moreta
Bunny Lebowski

Post by Moreta »

This tool used to work for my department. Guess why he's no longer there?

P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

What's the dif between star and heart?
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Moreta wrote:This tool used to work for my department. Guess why he's no longer there?
Distracted driving?
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

mister d wrote:That's what I picture, and I have no doubt it'll be horrible, but I've seen that logic before and it tends to erase the emotional stress of simply trying to keep a human baby alive, the first time with no basis, on little-to-no sleep.
I guess I was just able to keep in mind that human babies generally keep themselves alive. As long as you lay them on their backs, keep the blankets away, and buckle the car seat in, that was never really a big stress for me.

Keeping them alive is harder when they can put things into their mouths, stick forks into sockets, wander off cliffside trails, etc. And drive.
Moreta
Bunny Lebowski

Post by Moreta »

mister d wrote:
Moreta wrote:This tool used to work for my department. Guess why he's no longer there?
Distracted driving?
So much worse.

Sex on duty.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Put his patches on backwards?
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt