Ridiculous Things You Read On Facebook

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

brian
The Dude

Re: Ridiculous Things You Read On Facebook

Post by brian »

Happy 9/11 Day!

I'll never forget where I was when Saudi Arabia attacked the United States on 9/11 and the Bush crime family conspired with the federal government to convince you dummies that it was the goat fucking Taliban and Iraq that somehow attacked us.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

brian wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:54 am Happy 9/11 Day!

I'll never forget where I was when Saudi Arabia attacked the United States on 9/11 and the Bush crime family conspired with the federal government to convince you dummies that it was the goat fucking Taliban and Iraq that somehow attacked us.
That's just crazy talk. [Alex Jones impression] Bush conspired with the Mossad to create a false flag attack using controlled detonations to take down the towers.[Alex Jones impression/]
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Someone I was friended with via having met them through when Quinn played club soccer just did the "both sides need to stop" type post. I broke my rule and responded. I guess I should go ahead and pre-emptively unfriend.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

tennbengal wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:01 pm Someone I was friended with via having met them through when Quinn played club soccer just did the "both sides need to stop" type post. I broke my rule and responded. I guess I should go ahead and pre-emptively unfriend.
Yes.

I've posted exactly one time since the election. It's freeing. And there's no Facebook messenger on my phone either. That shit is a battery killer.

(But yet I still have Instagram and What's App, so I'm not completely disconnected from Facebook though. I wish I could be.)
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

The “both sides need to chill out” sentiment has me pure angry.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

tennbengal wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:29 pm The “both sides need to chill out” sentiment has me pure angry.
You can't reason with a rabid dog. I understand your sentiment completely.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

tennbengal wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:29 pm The “both sides need to chill out” sentiment has me pure angry.
Schumer can fuck off.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Yep. Liberals are sowing violence by asking Sarah Sanders to leave a restaurant after refusing her offer to pay for the cheese plate she ate, while the mother fucking President constantly calling for and praising violence is fine, even in light of his friends killing journalists while he covers for them, and someone sending active fucking pipe bombs in the mail to two former Presidents and all the others. Both sides my ass. And when have we held the fucking President to a lower standard of discourse than a crackpot peacefully protesting with a sign?
-Pruitt
Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Post by Joe K »

Any non right-winger who uses the “both sides” framing is either a politically incompetent Democrat like Chuck Schumer, or is intentionally being dishonest in order to position themselves as a “centrist” after the inevitable post-Trump whitewashing of the GOP.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Joe K wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:25 am Any non right-winger who uses the “both sides” framing is either a politically incompetent Democrat like Chuck Schumer, or is intentionally being dishonest in order to position themselves as a “centrist” after the inevitable post-Trump whitewashing of the GOP.

Word.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Or, they are fearful of what will happen to this country if even more people stop exercising restraint.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

If the thought of the other side starting to fight back increases someone's fear, its probably tells a lot about both their current safety and their concerns (or lack thereof).
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

mister d wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:53 am If the thought of the other side starting to fight back increases someone's fear, its probably tells a lot about both their current safety and their concerns (or lack thereof).
I think it depends on what you mean by "fight back".

If I ran into Orrin Hatch in a restaurant around here, I would love to yell at him. Is that fighting back? What does that achieve?
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Assuming he’s not a masochist you make his night a little worse and maybe it’s cathartic for you. These people care about their money, their power and their comfort and we can only fuck with one of those. It’s not earning a seat on the SCOTUS but it’s slightly better than zero.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

And here's the other thing about these type of people, they quite often float in a bubble with a staff, contributors, colleagues, etc. that are deferential and overly polite and ego-boosting. Like, 99 percent of the time, they are treated very close to royalty.

So, you know, fuck them for being shown the reality that an overwhelming majority of people think they are fucking assholes, helping to ruin the country.

Fuck their comfort.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

I'm taking a Facebook break.

Found myself getting too worked up by comments on the weekend. There is nothing to be gained by either engaging angrily with "friends" of "friends" or getting pissed off at real friends and acquaintances over comments they make to "friends" of "friends."
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Pruitt wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:28 am I'm taking a Facebook break.

Found myself getting too worked up by comments on the weekend. There is nothing to be gained by either engaging angrily with "friends" of "friends" or getting pissed off at real friends and acquaintances over comments they make to "friends" of "friends."
I get it. When you return, change your settings so only friends can see or post on your posts, not friends of friends. Also, if you don't want to unfriend them, at least quit following people who piss you off, so you don't see their posts. I've done that several times.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Baloney
The Big Lebowski

Post by Baloney »

Or just snoooze them for 30 days at a time, and keep doing it, that's what I do with one Trump supporter I know
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

TT taking crap for that godawful photo he earnestly, proudly posted of the dinner he made for his girl is as funny as it is adorbs.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

rass wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:49 pm TT taking crap for that godawful photo he earnestly, proudly posted of the remnants of the dinner he made for his girl is as funny as it is adorbs.
fify
TT2.0
The Big Lebowski

Post by TT2.0 »

admittedly, objectively, ot looks like a turd floating in an exquisite mushroom onion gravy. 22 people blocking me over that stan lee picture was funnier to me
Gunpowder wrote:you transcend douchedom.
MOTHERFUCKING 2017 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

I'd love to see that picture.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
TT2.0
The Big Lebowski

Post by TT2.0 »

Pruitt wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:07 pm I'd love to see that picture.
we arent fb friends? im hurt
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

You ever have the runs, then solid turd appears at the end? Like that, but tasty apparently.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

The Don Beebe
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Giff wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:20 am
You ever have the runs, then solid turd appears at the end? Like that, but tasty apparently.
Saw the picture and that is an accurate description.
TT2.0
The Big Lebowski

Post by TT2.0 »

Giff wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:20 am
*golf clap*
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

TT is absolutely tired of Gary Swearingen's shit.
TT2.0
The Big Lebowski

Post by TT2.0 »

Ifanybody is wondering why I keep calling Chad Burns a douchebag its because he lost a hand i dealt to him, he cursed me out, we exchanged words and then he called ashley the most vile racial slur you can say to a black woman. I want to hurt him. I want to annoy him. I want to Camaro him. I want to make him regret opening his mouth. i dont want to do anything illegal or physically harmful though. ideas? I need to get a phne number on him for a camaroing
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

HOW I FEEL ABOUT TRUMP You've been on vacation for two weeks, you come home, and your basement is infested with snakes. Hundreds of slithery, venomous snakes🐍 have overtaken your basement. You want them gone immediately. You call the city and 4 different exterminators, but nobody can handle the job. But there is this one guy and he guarantees to get rid of them, so you hire him. You don't care if the guy smells, you don't care if the guy swears, you don't care if he's an alcoholic, you don't care how many times he's been married, you don't care if he has a plumber's crack, you simply want those snakes🐍 gone! You want your problem fixed! He's the guy. He's the best!
Here's why we want Trump. Yes, he's a bit of a jerk; yes he's an egomaniac, but we don't care. The country is a mess because politicians suck, the Republicans and Democrats can be two-faced and gutless, and illegals are everywhere. We want it all fixed! We don't care that Trump is crude, we don't care that he insults people, we don't care that he has changed positions, we don't care that he's been married 3 times, we don't care that he fights with Megyn Kelly and Rosie O'Donnell, we don't care that he doesn't know the name of some Muslim terrorist.
This country became weak and bankrupt, our enemies were making fun of us, we are being invaded by illegals, we are becoming a nation of victims where every Tom, Ricardo, and Hasid is a special group with special rights to a point where we don't even recognize the country we were born and raised in; " AND WE JUST WANT IT FIXED ". And Trump is the only guy who seems to understand what the people want.
We're sick of politicians, sick of the Democratic Party, the Republican Party, and sick of illegals. We just want this thing fixed. Trump may not be a saint, but we didn’t vote for a Pope. We voted for a man who doesn't have lobbyist money holding him back, a man who doesn't have political correctness restraining him. We all know that he has been very successful, he’s a good negotiator, he has built a lot of things, and he's also not a politician, not a cowardly politician. And he says he'll fix it. And we believe him because he is too much of an egotist to be proven wrong or looked at and called a liar. Also, we don't care if the guy has bad hair. We just want those snakes🐍 gone, out of our house, NOW.
You are welcome to pass this on. Thousands of people who haven't voted in 25 years seem to be getting involved. And the more people get this message the more that will understand why Trump was elected. The snakes🐍 have got to go!
and then people are complaining they can't share it because of Facebook's "libtard policies."
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

blatant racism aside, saying we voted for trump so he could fix it and we want him to fix it over 2 years into his presidency is hilarious
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Brontoburglar wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:03 pm blatant racism aside, saying we voted for trump so he could fix it and we want him to fix it over 2 years into his presidency is hilarious
Not to mention that he is the worst snake of all and brings with him a bunch of snakes way worse than the original "snakes" they were supposedly going to eliminate.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

sancarlos wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:37 pm
Brontoburglar wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:03 pm blatant racism aside, saying we voted for trump so he could fix it and we want him to fix it over 2 years into his presidency is hilarious
Not to mention that he is the worst snake of all and brings with him a bunch of snakes way worse than the original "snakes" they were supposedly going to eliminate.
That's the perfect response. "When the exterminator shows up saying 'I am the only one who can fix this', and he brings in bag loads of more snakes that he dumps in your basement along with a bunch of snake food, then takes your money and leaves, are you going to believe he got rid of your snake problem just because he continues to say he got rid of all the snakes?"

It's amazing how easily people are duped by scam artists. If you ever wonder why Nigerian scam emails still appear in your junk mail, just remember 63 million people voted for Trump.
-Pruitt
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

A woman I went to high school with posted these two memes:

"I'm a proud Pro-Life, Bible Owning, gun wielding, Trump voting, Conservative Republican Christian. Anyone else with me?"

Followed by a picture of Trump that says:

"Trump: The man who gave up a billionaire lifestyle to be humiliated and ridiculed and slandered in order to save the American people".

Jesus....
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

https://www.someecards.com/news/news/wo ... d2Zq6XW-00

Anybody else notice an uptick in these types of "outrageous" stories on Fb lately. A few months back, there was the one about the woman all pissed off at people that didn't want to follow her ridiculous wedding attire rules.

Pretty obviously fake/satire, but it gets pushed out as real and people freak out about it.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

I have a couple of Irish friends who post clearly joke pieces from a pretty funny site that some Canadians take as the gospel truth.

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Pruitt wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:28 pm I have a couple of Irish friends who post clearly joke pieces from a pretty funny site that some Canadians take as the gospel truth.

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/
I have an Irish friend who posts stuff from that site. Funny stuff, but from what I've seen, way more ridiculous (clearly not real) than anything the Onion writes. Mind boggling how so many people have no ability to think critically.
-Pruitt
TT2.0
The Big Lebowski

Post by TT2.0 »

i posted a pic on fb this morning of the most rednecky trump supporter truck ive ever seen. i cant figure out how to put it here though but yall would enjoy i think
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

TT2.0 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:58 pm i posted a pic on fb this morning of the most rednecky trump supporter truck ive ever seen. i cant figure out how to put it here though but yall would enjoy i think
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
TT2.0
The Big Lebowski

Post by TT2.0 »

much obliged my friend. i could have maybe figured it out tomorrow but tonight? lets just say im not low