Ridiculous Things You Read On Facebook

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

GoodKarma
The Big Lebowski

Re: Ridiculous Things You Read On Facebook

Post by GoodKarma »

I couldn't even tell you if I have any of mine or if I did where they might be.
I would like expensive whiskey.
We only have beer & wine...
What am I, 12?
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Mine was featured prominently on a poster made by my friends the car parade they threw for my 50th last weekend.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

I don’t see how posting your senior picture is a tribute to this year’s seniors anyway. It’s just an excuse to show off your old picture.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Jerloma wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:20 pm I feel like posting your senior picture isn't so much as a tribute to this year's seniors but more so rubbing it in.
This is stupid, even by Facebook standards. It totally feels like it's rubbing it in and is way more about the person posting than anyone else. Most of all, HS kids aren't on Facebook!
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

We're all just helping them develop face recognition apps.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

I'm having a limo drive by all their houses with a shit-ton of dresses hanging off the back
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

The Sybian wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:03 pm
Jerloma wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:20 pm I feel like posting your senior picture isn't so much as a tribute to this year's seniors but more so rubbing it in.
This is stupid, even by Facebook standards. It totally feels like it's rubbing it in and is way more about the person posting than anyone else. Most of all, HS kids aren't on Facebook!
Yeah, I've been tempted to post:

Question for the group: Does anyone have a high school or college senior at home that is super psyched that The Olds are all posting their pics from back in the day?

I'll hang up and listen, thanks.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Why do people think that Darwin gets a posthumous boner when stupid people spread a virus? It doesn't only display a complete misunderstanding of natural selection, as if it has a target, but it also implies that there's something virtuous about eugenics. The Nazis did this too.

And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

I think you're reading too much into the general idea, though even then it's not really like the virus only kills the idiots out in public.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

brian wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:44 am I think you're reading too much into the general idea, though even then it's not really like the virus only kills the idiots out in public.
And even if it did, those people probably haven't exactly been averse to reproducing up to this point.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Hate to say it, but there are millions and millions of people who only know Darwin from the idea of "The Darwin Awards."
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Do people posting that meme that if you don't like Trump you should rip up your stimulus check actually think it's his $? I think they might.
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

It has his name on it! It has to be from him!
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Rush2112 wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 12:27 pm It has his name on it! It has to be from him!
Ours went into direct deposit, but it was funny that he still had to send a letter so everyone got his signature.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

A_B wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 1:00 pm
Rush2112 wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 12:27 pm It has his name on it! It has to be from him!
Ours went into direct deposit, but it was funny that he still had to send a letter so everyone got his signature.
First I've heard of that. I fucking hate that guy so much.
-Pruitt
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

The Sybian wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 1:02 pm
My kids hate him. My youngest will scream if she sees him on TV or hears his name. So when we got our letter I asked them if they wanted to see "the Devil's signature". Asher goes "who, Donald Trunk?"

This should go in the Proud Parent thread.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Same
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Giff wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 1:06 pm
My kids hate him. My youngest will scream if she sees him on TV or hears his name. So when we got our letter I asked them if they wanted to see "the Devil's signature". Asher goes "who, Donald Trunk?"

How old are your little guys, Giff? Neither their mom or I talk about politics in front of my kids (12 and 9), although I would like to have them understand why he and his family are such terrible human beings.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Jesus, that could take months.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

L-Jam3 wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 1:39 pm
Giff wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 1:06 pm

How old are your little guys, Giff? Neither their mom or I talk about politics in front of my kids (12 and 9), although I would like to have them understand why he and his family are such terrible human beings.
LOL 8 and 4.
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

Mrs. Sabo was so angry about the letter she burned it.
Birds don’t suck. They lack the necessary anatomical structures to do so.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Sabo wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 3:15 pmMrs. Sabo was so angry about the letter she burned it.
Remember that postcard with “President Trump’s guidelines for dealing with Covid-19...”? My wife used it to pick up cat barf.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

I don't know how to feel about the letters. They were sent via USPS, which threw a bunch of money to them, but don't need to be sent at all, so they are a waste of taxpayer money.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

My work posts. Sorry boys.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

Cousin of mine posted a "Why You Should Wear Masks" thing and got this from one of her friends in the comments:

In case you're wondering, from her Wikipedia intro:
Judy Anne Mikovits is an American anti-vaccination activist and former medical researcher. She has made discredited claims about vaccines, coronavirus, and chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS).
Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Someone didn't take science in high school. And I might as well post a link explaining it to kids since these people's brains haven't developed past 9:

http://www.faqkids.com/299-air-made-of.html
Air is primarily made up of two elements, nitrogen and oxygen. Nitrogen makes up 78.05% of air and oxygen another 20.95%. The remaining less than 1% is primarily argon, but carbon dioxide, neon, helium, methane and krypton are also present in air. Air also contains suspended dust, spores, and bacteria, as well as water. The amount of air varies tremendously with location, temperature, and time. In deserts and at low temperatures, the content of water can be less that 0.1% by volume. In warm, humid zones the air may contain over 6% water.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

One of my cousins posted that ridiculous 'Plandemic' video, with a comment saying 'Things to think about!'.

I posted this link in response: 'Plandemic' Is Dangerous, Viral Nonsense
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 1:52 pm One of my cousins posted that ridiculous 'Plandemic' video, with a comment saying 'Things to think about!'.

I posted this link in response: 'Plandemic' Is Dangerous, Viral Nonsense
I had a bunch of people who I thought were fairly smart post that on Wednesday.

People don't want to accept that bad things happen for no reason and want a boogeyman to blame.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Just saw someone comment on a friends positive post about how Gov Jay Inslee is handling all this:
wacko on Facebook wrote:Staying home could be making it worse. Are you aware of that? Staying could be worse than operating as normal. Inslee might have made it worse.
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

I can't tell whether the guy who responded to my comment on BSF21's post today doesn't get the joke or if he's trying to one-up me.

(Not you, Pruitt)
Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 2:19 pm Just saw someone comment on a friends positive post about how Gov Jay Inslee is handling all this:
wacko on Facebook wrote:Staying home could be making it worse. Are you aware of that? Staying could be worse than operating as normal. Inslee might have made it worse.
That person in 1984:
fucking with a condom could be making it worse. Are you aware of that? Fucking with a condom could be worse than fucking without one. Spellman might have made it worse.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Its going to be important to never let these idiots forget their stances and support for Trump if/when this all passes. Some will remain proud, but some will try to walk away and that shouldn't be allowed.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

mister d wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:42 am Its going to be important to never let these idiots forget their stances and support for Trump if/when this all passes. Some will remain proud, but some will try to walk away and that shouldn't be allowed.
I have no intention of allowing that personally
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

mister d wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:42 am Its going to be important to never let these idiots forget their stances and support for Trump if/when this all passes. Some will remain proud, but some will try to walk away and that shouldn't be allowed.
Unfortunately, the one inherent characteristic common in every one of them appears to be shamelessness. They don't strike me as the type of people tha are going to be ashamed to tell their grandchildren about it.

Nonetheless, couldn't agree more.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Rass, FB sends me a notification every time you post something. Why?
spongelikeninja
Jackie Treehorn

Post by spongelikeninja »

Lieutenant Aldo Raine said
When you get to your little place on Nantucket Island,I imagine you are going to take off that handsome-looking SS uniform of yours. Ain't you? * * * Now, that I can't abide. * * * I mean, if I had my way, you'd wear that goddamn uniform for the rest of your pecker-sucking life. But I'm aware that ain't practical. I mean, at some point, you're going to have to take it off. So, I'm going to give you a little something you can't take off.
Attachments
image.png
image.png (135.85 KiB) Viewed 605 times
image.png
image.png (135.85 KiB) Viewed 605 times
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

tennbengal wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:34 am
DaveInSeattle wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 2:19 pm Just saw someone comment on a friends positive post about how Gov Jay Inslee is handling all this:
That person in 1984:
fucking with a condom could be making it worse. Are you aware of that? Fucking with a condom could be worse than fucking without one. Spellman might have made it worse.
I've seen a couple people post a video of a supposed doctor saying that quarantine will destroy our immune systems, because if you took a baby and kept it completed isolated, it would never develop immunity or the ability to fight off viruses and bacteria we all easily defeat. Umm, yeah, do adults lose their immunity and ability to fight off weak viruses and bacteria in a matter of weeks? It's not like we don't still come into contact with viruses and bacteria in quarantine. Then there are all the yahoos saying masks cause more harm than good because we are suffocating ourselves.
-Pruitt
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

Johnny Carwash wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:16 am I can't tell whether the guy who responded to my comment on BSF21's post today doesn't get the joke or if he's trying to one-up me.

(Not you, Pruitt)
He's ribbing you I think. John is good people. He loves to learn so I think he's gone down the rabbit hole a bit with my running gag.
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

The Sybian wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 12:16 pm
tennbengal wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:34 am
That person in 1984:
I've seen a couple people post a video of a supposed doctor saying that quarantine will destroy our immune systems, because if you took a baby and kept it completed isolated, it would never develop immunity or the ability to fight off viruses and bacteria we all easily defeat. Umm, yeah, do adults lose their immunity and ability to fight off weak viruses and bacteria in a matter of weeks? It's not like we don't still come into contact with viruses and bacteria in quarantine. Then there are all the yahoos saying masks cause more harm than good because we are suffocating ourselves.
It's a bunch of people who aren't mentally or emotionally fit to run an Arby's much less opine on matters involving science.