Ridiculous Things You Read On Facebook

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

mister d
The Dude

Re: Ridiculous Things You Read On Facebook

Post by mister d »

If you have a brother (which I feel like you do?), you've gotta get him to return serve.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Rams Fanny
Bunny Lebowski

Post by Rams Fanny »

mister d wrote:If you have a brother (which I feel like you do?), you've gotta get him to return serve.
I'm sure the brother has been e-mailed several times in recent days
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back." -Al Swearengen
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

So have you actually talked to the now ex? What a lame way to find out that shit. That means this break up was very much in the works for a while. I'm trying to think of a great way to get revenge, but nothing clever is coming to mind.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Johnnie wrote:So have you actually talked to the now ex? What a lame way to find out that shit. That means this break up was very much in the works for a while. I'm trying to think of a great way to get revenge, but nothing clever is coming to mind.
Meh, best revenge is not giving a fuck.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

The Sybian wrote:
Johnnie wrote:So have you actually talked to the now ex? What a lame way to find out that shit. That means this break up was very much in the works for a while. I'm trying to think of a great way to get revenge, but nothing clever is coming to mind.
That's true. Being seen super happy without her (and with a hotter chick) is better than doing something.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

mister d wrote:If you have a brother (which I feel like you do?), you've gotta get him to return serve.
she even texted his wife tonight to say we were broken up!
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

Johnnie wrote:
The Sybian wrote:
That's true. Being seen super happy without her (and with a hotter chick) is better than doing something.
oh there's no effort being made. if there is a message that ever comes my way, a screenshot back of what I saw today is going to be my response

(and to answer the question, no, not since Friday, when it was very clear based on the messages I recently went back and looked at that we had not broken up)
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

So you weren't on a break?
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Johnnie wrote:I'm trying to think of a great way to get revenge, but nothing clever is coming to mind.
C'mon man, there's gotta be a Pats meme that fits this situation. Do it for our boy.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

The Sybian wrote:
While I agree with this, I would also get a certain amount of amusement if Bronto replied to it with a mention that the potential suitors should be made aware that dating her means they could get dumped in the future by the girl's sister over Facebook.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Not to mention that on facebook, the best revenge is often mockery, not just ignoring it.
testuser2
Brandt

Post by testuser2 »

I think a simple "Like" on the post would get the point across. Passive aggressive enough to kick her to the curb properly and let her now you saw the post.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

testuser2 wrote:I think a simple "Like" on the post would get the point across. Passive aggressive enough to kick her to the curb properly and let her now you saw the post.
Or even a love.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

DSafetyGuy wrote:
The Sybian wrote:
While I agree with this, I would also get a certain amount of amusement if Bronto replied to it with a mention that the potential suitors should be made aware that dating her means they could get dumped in the future by the girl's sister over Facebook.
I've had a change of heart on this one. Respond to the sister's post with a like, and "Great news, this saves me from an uncomfortable conversation."
-Pruitt
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

The Sybian wrote:
DSafetyGuy wrote:
The Sybian wrote:
I've had a change of heart on this one. Respond to the sister's post with a like, and "Great news, this saves me from an uncomfortable conversation."
Yeah, some passive aggressive, but not bitter-sounding way to let her readers know that she broke the news before it actually happened. That seems good.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

"Lol! Good one babe! We still on for Olive Garden tomorrow night? Smooches!!!"
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Both parties hate him. He has to be doing something right.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

That sounds like it should be followed up with "he made $13,328 this month working from home on the internet!" with a picture.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

sancarlos wrote:
The Sybian wrote:
DSafetyGuy wrote:
The Sybian wrote:
Yeah, some passive aggressive, but not bitter-sounding way to let her readers know that she broke the news before it actually happened. That seems good.
I have done nothing, though I noticed that she wiped some pictures tagged of us from social media too. I'd rather let her fade into the abyss than potentially trigger a response.

And I'm also of the belief that it's best revenge to enjoy life and find someone better.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Counterpoint: Start uploading more and more pictures of you together smiling and stuff but with tags like "Me and my ex" and "We all have regrets".
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

mister d wrote:Counterpoint: Start uploading more and more pictures of you together smiling and stuff but with tags like "Me and my ex" and "We all have regrets".
Tag her and embed the video of Sheryl Crow's "My Favorite Mistake".
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

If it's an "underground poker room", should you be advertising it on social media? Unless underground means something I don't understand.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

bfj wrote:If it's an "underground poker room", should you be advertising it on social media? Unless underground means something I don't understand.

Yeah, I was kinda wondering the same thing.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Brontoburglar wrote:
mister d wrote:So was the status something like "can't wait to help my newly single sister land some hot dick"?

something about "my sister is single again (she was tagged in the post) and does anyone know of a good guy I'm looking to set her up"

Isn't a little cunt'y to be shopping your sister around before the body is cold on a relationship? Like.. Did the ex really want to be going on dates this soon?
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Giff wrote:
bfj wrote:If it's an "underground poker room", should you be advertising it on social media? Unless underground means something I don't understand.

So it's not a Texas thing? Then I'm confused, too.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Nonlinear FC wrote:
Brontoburglar wrote:
mister d wrote:So was the status something like "can't wait to help my newly single sister land some hot dick"?

something about "my sister is single again (she was tagged in the post) and does anyone know of a good guy I'm looking to set her up"

Isn't a little cunt'y to be shopping your sister around before the body is cold on a relationship? Like.. Did the ex really want to be going on dates this soon?

I took it as a cunty way making a statement that she is happy her sister isn't with Bronto anymore. Any chance the vacation housing situation got blamed on Bronto? Not that it matters.
-Pruitt
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

The Sybian wrote:
Nonlinear FC wrote:
Brontoburglar wrote:

I took it as a cunty way making a statement that she is happy her sister isn't with Bronto anymore. Any chance the vacation housing situation got blamed on Bronto? Not that it matters.

still haven't heard anything from her too, which is the funniest part. and I've been in a much better mood over the past 10 days, so perhaps there's a correlation there.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Maybe a facebook post ranking your top 10 days of 2017 is in order?
TT2.0
The Big Lebowski

Post by TT2.0 »

Giff wrote:

not really, but almost all of the rooms do. i never give out the address to anyone whos not been vetted, and we make a monthly donation to the local police department. basically they know but dont really care as long as there is no drugs violence or hookers.
Gunpowder wrote:you transcend douchedom.
MOTHERFUCKING 2017 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

I knew what it was, just didn't understand the social media thing.
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

rass wrote:Would pee again, on the way home.

I think you meant to use a semicolon here.
Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Someone you might have seen my Facebook rant from this morning. This is about that, but only barely.

I have an aunt who I very much like, but who is basically illiterate. That's not an exaggeration or hyperbole. This doesn't stop her from posting on Facebook from time to time and it's a chore to sometimes try to figure out what she's trying to say, but that's all fine.

So she obviously intended to share my post from this morning, but through some accident of confusion or some other mishap she just copied and pasted it so that it appears as her own post (and again I'm NOT upset about that since I can say with 100 percent certainty she didn't intend to), but the first couple of comments are almost heartbreakingly hilarious to the effect of "You wrote this?" and "There's no way you wrote this."
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Nothing worse than a 55 year old drama queen:

Seriously, Universe? Sam Shepard and Jeanne Moreau within the same 24 hours? Allow a person to catch their breath why don't you? This world is so saddening me right now. I cannot even begin to collect my thoughts about these two monumental artists and their influence on my education and my twin passions of theatre and film. I would say I am bereft but in fact, these days? A long life lived with integrity and joy and transcendent artistic achievement seems something to celebrate, not mourn. Raising a glass to these two beloveds.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Fun to link the last two posts.
Reaper
Jesus Quintana

Post by Reaper »

never forget.png
never forget.png (127.03 KiB) Viewed 678 times
How do you all get your death notices since I left?
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Reaper, are you J Gangsta Rap or just Facebook friends with him?
Reaper
Jesus Quintana

Post by Reaper »

Johnnie wrote:Reaper, are you J Gangsta Rap or just Facebook friends with him?

On the old board years ago, yes, I was jhiphop. I changed it on this Board because something got messed up when I signed up. Plus, I always thought it was too close to the legendary JPops.
How do you all get your death notices since I left?
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Look at this little snowflake...

And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

You know what. I think this guy has a point. I think the library should have at least let the parents know that Little Red Riding Hood was going to be a drag performer and have the parent give the opportunity to see if they wanted their kids to show it. My kids are 9 and 6 and they have an idea what transgender is from last season of Survivor, and I have no problem explaining it to them, but I can see why a parent would be pissed.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

L-Jam3 wrote:You know what. I think this guy has a point. I think the library should have at least let the parents know that Little Red Riding Hood was going to be a drag performer and have the parent give the opportunity to see if they wanted their kids to show it. My kids are 9 and 6 and they have an idea what transgender is from last season of Survivor, and I have no problem explaining it to them, but I can see why a parent would be pissed.

It's a play. People get dressed up and play parts. If he is playing the role "straight" and it isn't inappropriate what difference does it make who plays the part?