Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

brian
The Dude

Re: Ridiculous Things You Read On Facebook

Post by brian »

DC47 wrote:
brian wrote:
DC47 wrote:1957 was awesome if you were white and a Detroit Lions fan. Man, how times have changed.
I never put the pieces together that Brown v. Board of Education was the cause of all of the Lions misery until just now. Mind. Blown.
It was actually Bobby Layne v. Detroit Lions. The Bobby Layne Curse, which ensued after he was traded to Pittsburgh

Yeah, I was just joking. I know all too well about Bobby Layne.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Jerloma wrote:Pedro is given his diploma anyway but ends up mowing lawns for a living because he cannot read & write English.

Pedro could only Spanish.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

In a comment to a post a conservative (non-white) college friend made saying the Zimmerman verdict was justice:
This all gets avoided if the kid says, "sir I'm walking to my fathers house."

But respect is lost just as America has been lost due to liberal racists and unaccountable scum in leadership positions.
Totally Kafkaesque
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

Word!
Who knows? Maybe, you were kidnapped, tied up, taken away and held for ransom.

Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Shirley wrote:In a comment to a post a conservative (non-white) college friend made saying the Zimmerman verdict was justice:

But respect is lost just as America has been lost due to liberal racists and unaccountable scum in leadership positions.
Great. So people being stalked have a responsibility to tell their stalker where they are going and if they don't, it's justifiable to kill them.

That right there is an awful human being.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

Jerloma wrote:
Shirley wrote:In a comment to a post a conservative (non-white) college friend made saying the Zimmerman verdict was justice:

Great. So people being stalked have a responsibility to tell their stalker where they are going and if they don't, it's justifiable to kill them.

Exactly. I'm glad I don't know this guy. Just knowing that someone could not only think that way, but post it for others to read pisses me off. I'm sure he'd feel exactly the same way if a white kid had been shot by an overzealous, armed black man.
Totally Kafkaesque
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Shirley wrote:

Exactly. I'm glad I don't know this guy. Just knowing that someone could not only think that way, but post it for others to read pisses me off. I'm sure he'd feel exactly the same way if a white kid had been shot by an overzealous, armed black man.
Yet us Liberals are the racists.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Scottie
Donny

Post by Scottie »

Liberals aren't racist. Liberals are self-loathing. Get it straight.
Your own personal AR-15 wielding Jesus
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

"Yea. Let me just get the nails."
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Johnnie wrote:"Yea. Let me just get the nails."
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

If he's omnipresent, isn't he technically already on your wall?
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
ZMan
Brandt

Post by ZMan »

You have to invite him in. Like a vampire.
Orange Whip? Orange Whip? Three Orange Whips!
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

<rant>

Not a ridiculous thing I read, but in the last 2 days at least 3 major Facebook pages that one can like has shared a photo I made for my page and didn't hook my page up with any credit. Now this is completely hypocritical considering I found the pic on Reddit and added text via ROFLBOT, but still. I want my Facebook page to have a bazillion likes dammit! Maybe I'll just have to contact George Takei and ask if he'll share my page or something.

And yes, my life is so stress-less I can bitch about irrelevant, pointless, non money making things like this. Why do you ask?

</rant>
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

One of those suggested pages for me to like is Oregon Planned parenthood Advocates. No doubt a worthy organization. But they posted a link claiming that "the media" has used the Anthony Weiner scandal to demean women:
After mayoral candidate and former congressman Anthony Weiner (D-NY) admitted to sending more sexually explicit messages and pictures to strangers on the Internet after resigning from Congress, it didn’t take long for pundits to seize the opportunity to draw conclusions about appropriate female behavior.
From attacking Weiner’s wife, Huma Abedin, for standing by him, to mocking the sexuality of his latest online mistress, Sydney Leathers, the media has chosen to moralize about the “sex” aspect of Weiner’s current scandal rather than focusing on his deception and infidelity. This choice is ultimately a form of ‘slut-shaming’ — assuming that women who have sexual desires are always immoral or impure, and it’s their responsibility to behave more chastely so they don’t tempt men.
Ummm... not the media that I've been following. A great example of how people cherrypick in order to stay outraged.

I am all for planned parenthood, and I tend towards the liberal side of things, but a posting like this makes me think that maybe Rush Limbaugh isn't such an idiot after all...
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Yeah...I haven't actually seen one media report ever focusing on the hoes. Just Weiner, his ween, and how his wife must feel. That's it.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

Pruitt wrote:One of those suggested pages for me to like is Oregon Planned parenthood Advocates. No doubt a worthy organization. But they posted a link claiming that "the media" has used the Anthony Weiner scandal to demean women:
After mayoral candidate and former congressman Anthony Weiner (D-NY) admitted to sending more sexually explicit messages and pictures to strangers on the Internet after resigning from Congress, it didn’t take long for pundits to seize the opportunity to draw conclusions about appropriate female behavior.
From attacking Weiner’s wife, Huma Abedin, for standing by him, to mocking the sexuality of his latest online mistress, Sydney Leathers, the media has chosen to moralize about the “sex” aspect of Weiner’s current scandal rather than focusing on his deception and infidelity. This choice is ultimately a form of ‘slut-shaming’ — assuming that women who have sexual desires are always immoral or impure, and it’s their responsibility to behave more chastely so they don’t tempt men.
Ummm... not the media that I've been following. A great example of how people cherrypick in order to stay outraged.

I am all for planned parenthood, and I tend towards the liberal side of things, but a posting like this makes me think that maybe Rush Limbaugh isn't such an idiot after all...
Seriously, Wiener would be called a rapist by some nuts here.
Scottie
Donny

Post by Scottie »

P.D.X. wrote:Seriously, Wiener would be called a rapist by some nuts here.
From the delusional feminist moonbats, simply being born male is enough to warrant such an accusation.
Your own personal AR-15 wielding Jesus
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

A Facebook exchange between a thief and his mother after a newspaper printed his picture.

Birds don’t suck. They lack the necessary anatomical structures to do so.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

I don't think you want to see a screen shot of it, but I thought this was hilarious. I belong to a FB group called, "You know your are from Grand Junction, Colorado, because...". People who are from my town post old pictures and memories of things of days gone by, so folks can reminisce.

So, recently, one guy (let's call him Joe Smith) posted somethng like, "I can't believe I originated this group x number of years ago for a few friends, and now there are thousands of members of this group posting dozens of times each day. It makes me really proud." He got many kudos and thanks in the comments.

Then, a couple days later, a different person, some woman, posted a REALLY indignant post, saying something like, "I have been boiling mad for a couple days and had to compose myself before posting this. I founded and originated this group, myself with my friend Mary Jones back in month, year. We have been moderating it and guiding it along ever since. I don't know who the hell Joe Smith is, but he did not start this group and shouldn't be taking credit for it!"

So, then, down in the comments to that post, Joe Smith posts, "Oh, I'm sorry. I guess I started a different group with a different name. I guess I got confused on that."
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

sancarlos wrote:"I have been boiling mad for a couple days and had to compose myself before posting this."
Awesome.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

I'd keep fucking with her.
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

Reminds me when Bill Cross lectured me on how the Tea Party started. His description was different than I had remembered. But my memory had the advantage in that I was actually there.

(At the first Tea Party protest on record, April 2008 in front of Bear Stearns, predating his history. Yes, we called ourselves the Tea Party, and no less than Fox News credited Karl D as one of the founders.)
Who knows? Maybe, you were kidnapped, tied up, taken away and held for ransom.

Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Jerloma wrote:I'd keep fucking with her.

I found the group and I'm thinking about it.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Ok, joined the group. I'm going to lay low and then in a month, unless SC tells me not to because he loves Grand Junction's majestic hills and fertile valleys, I'm going to thank everybody for joining my group.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Wicked. I'm in too. What else is there to do, amirite?
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Grand Junction has many great sights!

Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Icepenis wrote:
Jerloma wrote:I'd keep fucking with her.

I found the group and I'm thinking about it.
You got a link? I can't find it.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Ha! Funny. Just don't involve me, please.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Jeez. Reminds me of a status I saw recently:
RIP Tony Soprano (James Gandolfini)..to young to go but HE must of needed you. Loved the Soprano's , watched each episode probably 3 to 4 times....wouldn't answer the phone when they were on....lol...sorry to anyone who ever called on Sunday from 9 to 10....
God NEEDED James Gandolfini. I'm going to offer to represent a drunk driver in court with the defense that God needed his victim and presented him as a drunken angel.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Icepenis wrote:Jeez. Reminds me of a status I saw recently:
RIP Tony Soprano (James Gandolfini)..to young to go but HE must of needed you. Loved the Soprano's , watched each episode probably 3 to 4 times....wouldn't answer the phone when they were on....lol...sorry to anyone who ever called on Sunday from 9 to 10....
God NEEDED James Gandolfini. I'm going to offer to represent a drunk driver in court with the defense that God needed his victim and presented him as a drunken angel.
I know of one Judge that would be persuaded.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

"God's Army" stuff always made me laugh. I envision it in terms of a Hollywood flick (Braveheart, 300, etc..) and 2 sides completely devoid of humanity are about to throw down on this biblically epic war scene where no one wins and time ends because, duh, it's the apocalypse. It's so pretentious even a hipster would laugh at it.
ZMan
Brandt

Post by ZMan »

must of
Orange Whip? Orange Whip? Three Orange Whips!
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Random Facebook question:

How many of the people on your friend's list are dead in real life? As of last week, that number went up to 4 for me.

One is a dude I ran a Ragnar Key West with in 2011 that committed suicide. He was 22. Sad, sad stuff. Another is a person I worked with in Arizona that was prior enlisted (and from New England) that got really bad liver cancer due to his years of excessive drinking. Another was a neighbor, a childhood bully in fact, that battled drug abuse from post high school on and was found OD'd on the floor of his parent's house. And the latest is a girl I was with over in Korea who was diagnosed with breast cancer and appeared to be doing well and just suddenly died from, I'm guessing, treatment. She was in week 3 in high spirits one day. Then there's an "In Loving Memory" page created and dedicated to her a couple days later. She was in her mid 20s.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

I don't know. Assuming their pages are all still up, there'd probably be about 5 or 6, but I don't think they are.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Looks like only one is still a FB friend.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Johnnie wrote: And the latest is a girl I was with over in Korea who was diagnosed with breast cancer and appeared to be doing well and just suddenly died from, I'm guessing, treatment. She was in week 3 in high spirits one day. Then there's an "In Loving Memory" page created and dedicated to her a couple days later. She was in her mid 20s.
The head cheerleader my senior year of high school was diagnosed with ovarian cancer and had a bad reaction to her very first treatment. She passed away less than a week after the diagnosis. Most people hadn't even heard about her having cancer so it was just a complete blindside.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

Icepenis wrote:Ok, joined the group. I'm going to lay low and then in a month, unless SC tells me not to because he loves Grand Junction's majestic hills and fertile valleys, I'm going to thank everybody for joining my group.
Ahhh pulling the old TT on NHA's old board huh?
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

Disappointment of the day: Ordered pad gai, spicy, on account of being stuffed up from a lingering cold. Get home and open it up to find fried rice instead. WTF? Of all the items to get my order mixed up with, it had to be that. RICE IS NOT A MEAL.