Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Brontoburglar
The Dude

Re: Ridiculous Things You Read On Facebook

Post by Brontoburglar »

sancarlos wrote:
...commented on a link.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OBAMA is an American citizen.. The OBAMA SENIOR that they want you to believe is his dad IS NOT the daddy.... Go to this site and see for yourself who his REAL daddy is.. AND connect the dots for yourself..
http://www.obamasrealfather.com/frank-marshall-davis/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Holy shit, that site is blatantly making the "all black men look the same" argument
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Brontoburglar wrote:
sancarlos wrote:
...commented on a link.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OBAMA is an American citizen.. The OBAMA SENIOR that they want you to believe is his dad IS NOT the daddy.... Go to this site and see for yourself who his REAL daddy is.. AND connect the dots for yourself..
http://www.obamasrealfather.com/frank-marshall-davis/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Holy shit, that site is blatantly making the "all black men look the same" argument
That's not literally true. While they are arguing that he looks like one black guy, they are also pointing out how little he looks like another.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

Did you download the other photos? (I didn't, that's why I ask -- I don't want to give them the pleasure of bloating their download count)
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Brontoburglar wrote:Did you download the other photos? (I didn't, that's why I ask -- I don't want to give them the pleasure of bloating their download count)
If you click the HOME link at the top, there is another slideshow comparing BHO to his father and his "father". Or his "father" and his father.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

rass wrote:
Brontoburglar wrote:Did you download the other photos? (I didn't, that's why I ask -- I don't want to give them the pleasure of bloating their download count)
If you click the HOME link at the top, there is another slideshow comparing BHO to his father and his "father". Or his "father" and his father.
Lord, it's definitely Friday for me.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

I'm guessing I'm not the only person that will have something for this thread given today's events
Yuppers. Homosexuality has nothing to do with sexual preference but a conscious sense of rebellion against traditional and moral thought - usually rooted in mommy or daddy issues.

We accept their life style, let them have preferential treatment in the work place. But that is not enough. Now they encroach on territory that is not theirs. Marriage has ALWAYS been about men and womn and making babies.

Proof enough that homosexuals are fascists who not only want us to bend to their favor in all aspects of our life, but now want to take away our cherished institutions.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Wow. What a terrible human being.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

Jerloma wrote:Wow. What a terrible human being.
I even went to check his FB profile to see if it was sarcasm, and definitely not.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

Lost me at "yuppers".
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

P.D.X. wrote:Lost me at "yuppers".
Me too. I also assumed he was a she after that point.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

I wonder if anyone referred to the black Civil Rights leaders as fascists.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
testy boxcar
Maude Lebowski

Post by testy boxcar »

holy moly
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

it was in response to a right-winger's status update of DOMA being the gayest thing to happen today.

and another one!
Next thing they will be parading around all their adopted children - using them for social acceptance and status. Kinda like those fat bitchy moms on that show, Toddlers and Tiaras.
Bensell
Jesus Quintana

Post by Bensell »

The Sybian wrote:I wonder if anyone referred to the black Civil Rights leaders as fascists.
No - back in the day the insult of record was Communist.
Worldwide Frivologist and International Juke Artist
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

HIGH SCHOOL -- 1957 vs. 2013 - Sad, but true

Scenario 1:
Jack goes quail hunting before school and then pulls into the school parking lot with his shotgun in his truck's gun rack..
1957 - Vice Principal comes over, looks at Jack's shotgun, goes to his car and gets his shotgun to show Jack.
2013 - School goes into lock down, FBI called, Jack hauled off to jail and never sees his truck or gun again. Counselors called in for traumatized students and teachers.

Scenario 2:
Johnny and Mark get into a fist fight after school.
1957 - Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up buddies.
2013 - Police called and SWAT team arrives -- they arrest both Johnny and Mark. They are both charged with assault and both expelled even though Johnny started it. They are also required to attend six weeks of anger management therapy.

Scenario 3:
Jeffrey will not be still in class, he disrupts other students.
1957 - Jeffrey sent to the Principal's office and given a good paddling by the Principal. He then returns to class, sits still and does not disrupt class again.
2013 - Jeffrey is given huge doses of Ritalin. He becomes a zombie. He is then tested for ADD. The family gets extra money (SSI) from the government because Jeffrey has a disability.

Scenario 4:
Billy breaks a window in his neighbor's car and his Dad gives him a whipping with his belt.
1957 - Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to college and becomes a successful businessman.
2013 - Billy's dad is arrested for child abuse, Billy is removed to foster care and joins a gang. The state psychologist is told by Billy's sister that she remembers being abused herself and their dad goes to prison.

Scenario 5:
Mark gets a headache and takes some aspirin to school.
1957 - Mark shares his aspirin with the Principal out on the smoking dock.
2013 - The police are called and Mark is expelled from school for drug violations. His car is then searched for drugs and weapons.

Scenario 6:
Pedro fails high school English.
1957 - Pedro goes to summer school, passes English and goes to college.
2013 - Pedro's cause is taken up by state. Newspaper articles appear nationally explaining that teaching English as a requirement for graduation is racist. ACLU files class action lawsuit against the state school system and Pedro's English teacher. English is then banned from core curriculum. Pedro is given his diploma anyway but ends up mowing lawns for a living because he cannot read & write English.

Scenario 7:
Johnny takes apart leftover firecrackers from the Fourth of July, puts them in a model airplane paint bottle and blows up a red ant bed.
1957 - Ants die.
2013 - ATF, Homeland Security and the FBI are all called. Johnny is charged with domestic terrorism. The FBI investigates his parents - and all siblings are removed from their home and all computers are confiscated.

Scenario 8:
Johnny falls while running during recess and scrapes his knee. He is found crying by his teacher, Mary. Mary hugs him to comfort him.
1957 - In a short time, Johnny feels better and goes on playing.
2013 - Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job. She faces 3 years in State Prison. Johnny undergoes 5 years of therapy.

This should hit every Facebook timeline to show how stupid we have become ! ! !
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

1957 - Mark shares his aspirin with the Principal out on the smoking dock.
Miss the days when students and faculty could have a smoke out on the 'ol dock. WHAT HAVE WE BECOME
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Was this person even in school in 1957? If so, too old for the internet. I'd never have someone that old friended in the first place because he/she doesn't get it.

Regardless, an idiot who posts something like that gets a message from me with a lot of expletives and finishes off with an unfriend. Total high school way about doing it, I know. But I don't like having friends that dense.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

You'd have to be about 70 to have been in high school then. But it was written by someone pining for the good old days, which weren't always good.

1957 - Schools in Little Rock are AWESOME.
2013 - OMG BLACK PEOPLE FML.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Johnnie wrote:Was this person even in school in 1957? If so, too old for the internet. I'd never have someone that old friended in the first place because he/she doesn't get it.

Regardless, an idiot who posts something like that gets a message from me with a lot of expletives and finishes off with an unfriend. Total high school way about doing it, I know. But I don't like having friends that dense.
In 1957 you'd have to fight with them after school and become buddies.

in 2013 you unfriend them.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I can't wait until 2023 when shotguns and gas-powered cars are banned and all of the quail are extinct.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Wouldn't the quail thrive without shotguns?
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Jerloma wrote:Wouldn't the quail thrive without shotguns?
Overpopulation, which would lead to fucked up migration patterns in search of food which would undoubtedly be right into the jet engine of departing (presumably electric) planes.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

AB_skin_test wrote:You'd have to be about 70 to have been in high school then. But it was written by someone pining for the good old days, which weren't always good.

A woman posted it so I wonder if she realizes that 1957 kind of sucked for being a woman.
Overpopulation, which would lead to fucked up migration patterns in search of food which would undoubtedly be right into the jet engine of departing (presumably electric) planes.
Well, check out the big brains on Bond.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Nope. They're gone by 2020, done in by the double-whammy of egg blight brought on by poorly mowed lawns and a surge in the red ant population.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

rass wrote:
Nope. They're gone by 2020, done in by the double-whammy of egg blight brought on by poorly mowed lawns and a surge in the red ant population.
It's shotguns that are extinct. Not Mexicans.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

AB_skin_test wrote:
rass wrote:
It's shotguns that are extinct. Not Mexicans.
They all froze to death when they went to see "Closed for the winter" at the drive-in theater. All in one car!
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

rass wrote:
It's shotguns that are extinct. Not Mexicans.[/quote]

They all froze to death when they went to see "Closed for the winter" at the drive-in theater. All in one car![/quote]

Talk about lowriding!
-Pruitt
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

AB_skin_test wrote:You'd have to be about 70 to have been in high school then. But it was written by someone pining for the good old days, which weren't always good.

They were pretty good if you were white.
-Pruitt
DC47
Walter Sobchak

Post by DC47 »

1957 was awesome if you were white and a Detroit Lions fan. Man, how times have changed.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

DC47 wrote:1957 was awesome if you were white and a Detroit Lions fan. Man, how times have changed.
I never put the pieces together that Brown v. Board of Education was the cause of all of the Lions misery until just now. Mind. Blown.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Below a picture of a gridlocked highway:

Only 49 more states to go! Hooray for Florida !

I-95 and I-75 will be jammed for the next month or so with druggies and deadbeats heading North out of Florida , because this is the first state in the union to require drug testing to receive welfare!

Hooray for Florida ! In signing the new law, Republican Gov. Rick Scott said, "If Floridians want welfare, they better make sure they are drug-free."

I strongly feel the need to reply that this program is costing the state more money than it is saving them on depriving welfare to drug users, and that the testing company used is owned by Governor Rick Scott, who proposed the law.
-Pruitt
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Also, haven't like less than 1% of them actually failed the drug test?
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

I guess those 10 people who died in Alaska are just chump change compared to a sexy 777 crash in SFO. Not to mention the hundreds of others who die every day in just bland ways, or maybe those folks who go to bed hungry nightly.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

The Sybian wrote:

Cant slip one by the sybian. Now we know why you had to be the baggage check guy.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

AB_skin_test wrote:
The Sybian wrote:

Cant slip one by the sybian. Now we know why you had to be the baggage check guy.

I have been Captain Obvious lately, huh. Or in this case, going for the low hanging fruit. I'll try to up my game, AB.
-Pruitt
DC47
Walter Sobchak

Post by DC47 »

brian wrote:
DC47 wrote:1957 was awesome if you were white and a Detroit Lions fan. Man, how times have changed.
I never put the pieces together that Brown v. Board of Education was the cause of all of the Lions misery until just now. Mind. Blown.
It was actually Bobby Layne v. Detroit Lions. The Bobby Layne Curse, which ensued after he was traded to Pittsburgh

The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Jerloma wrote:Also, haven't like less than 1% of them actually failed the drug test?

But hey, whatever gets the State Treasury funds into the Governor's private bank accounts...
-Pruitt
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

The Sybian wrote:
Jerloma wrote:Also, haven't like less than 1% of them actually failed the drug test?

But hey, whatever gets the State Treasury funds into the Governor's private bank accounts...

And, elected officials (also recipients of State money) are not subject to the drug tests.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

govmentchedda wrote:
The Sybian wrote:

And, elected officials (also recipients of State money) are not subject to the drug tests.
Lucky for Rick Scott since he signed a bill into law that bans any “device, machine, or system” that requires money, a code, or “information” used to play any game with an unpredictable outcome because online gambling is the worst thing ever, apparently.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Johnnie wrote:
govmentchedda wrote:
Lucky for Rick Scott since he signed a bill into law that bans any “device, machine, or system” that requires money, a code, or “information” used to play any game with an unpredictable outcome because online gambling is the worst thing ever, apparently.
And the State closed all internet cafes because gambling could happen there. Totally fucked up, nothing like Big Government interfering to close small businesses. An internet cafe owner (former owner) already filed a suit that the legislation is overly broad, as it prevents the use of all computers, cell phones and devices with internet access from being used anywhere in the state. Friggen dumbest law.
-Pruitt