Weird Swamp-related dreams

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Sabo
The Dude

Re: Weird Swamp-related dreams

Post by Sabo »

Had a dream last night where I was working in my company's server room after a 16+ hour work day and suddenly 20 people showed up and started eating lunch in the server room. I told them all to get out because I have no idea who these people are and they shouldn't be eating lunch in a server room.

I called the front desk to have them send security up to get them out, and I see one of the people is Brian. I go up to him and greet him and try to give him a hug, and he recoiled in terror.

He also was much shorter than I remember.
Birds don’t suck. They lack the necessary anatomical structures to do so.
duff
Donny

Post by duff »

He was shocked at your weight loss.
To quote both Bruce Prichard and Tony Schiavone, "Fuck Duff Meltzer."
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

I had a dream about lacrosse last night, which I'm pretty sure is Swamp-related because there's no other way that happens.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Sabo wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 8:11 am Had a dream last night where I was working in my company's server room after a 16+ hour work day and suddenly 20 people showed up and started eating lunch in the server room. I told them all to get out because I have no idea who these people are and they shouldn't be eating lunch in a server room.

I called the front desk to have them send security up to get them out, and I see one of the people is Brian. I go up to him and greet him and try to give him a hug, and he recoiled in terror.

It's been so long IRL hopefully I'd recognize you.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

brian wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 9:54 am
Sabo wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 8:11 am Had a dream last night where I was working in my company's server room after a 16+ hour work day and suddenly 20 people showed up and started eating lunch in the server room. I told them all to get out because I have no idea who these people are and they shouldn't be eating lunch in a server room.

It's been so long IRL hopefully I'd recognize you.
True. I think the last I saw you was in Columbus, when you were still doing technical sales for Baseview. That was about 10 years ago, IIRC.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Had a strange dream last night. Trump launched a coup de etat, to take over the federal government with himself as sovereign.

We had a discussion among us on how best to fight it. Woke up with no resolution...
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

sancarlos wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:13 am Had a strange dream last night. Trump launched a coup de etat, to take over the federal government with himself as sovereign.

We had a discussion among us on how best to fight it. Woke up with no resolution...
Nothing we can do. Like Trump told a group of students the other day, the Constitution has Article II, which gives him power to do anything he wants. I wonder if Trump is even aware of the other Articles...
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

sancarlos wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:13 am Had a strange dream last night. Trump launched a coup de etat, to take over the federal government with himself as sovereign.

Bitching about Pelosi in the Swamp is all I can think of.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

I think that isn't a dream. That's pretty much what is happening now and also what we are doing about it...
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Wait...is the swamp the house? I think I know who is Pelosi.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

brian wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:36 am Bitching about Pelosi in the Swamp is all I can think of.
A_B wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:47 pm I think I know who is Pelosi.
kranepool?
Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

I had a dream last night where initially I was at a party and the only person I knew was former Bengals wide receiver Chad OchoCinco. Cool dude. Friends just called him Oach.

Then later this turns into a fucking rager and I'm the prude in the high school house party movie trying to hold everything together when Brian, fully resplendent in his quarantine beard, shows up and demands I give him back the vape pen I borrowed.

I found it in the laundry, but by this time everyone had moved to cocaine.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

I’m starting to really like my beard now but still a chance I end up doing the Giff chin beard thing, especially once it gets up into the 100s here this summer.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I woke up at around 4AM with a pounding headache and a need to piss. I took care of the second first and then went downstairs to get some water to try to alleviate the first. I then crawled back into bed but got mentally hung up on my disastrous showing on a couple of the week 11 Swamp questions and I don't know that I ever properly fell back to sleep before my alarm went off less than 2 hours later.

(still have that headache, too)
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

I could stare at your avatar all day.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

This technically isn't Swamp-related, so I'll get that out of the way right off the bat, but I had a weird dream about a TV show last night and when I woke up I thought it was a real show and I liked it so much I wanted to watch it.

So basically, it's set in a semi-dystopian future where there are basically "the rich" and the "not rich" because most service jobs have been automated, the rich basically hire people to be their assistants. Unsurprisingly, most are assholes, but one of the leads in the TV show runs a software company that does home security (which results in occasionally funny home security videos in the "office"), which is a room in a store in an indoor mall since indoor malls don't have retail business any more, businesses just rent the space to small businesses. Anyway, the lead is the really short, skinny actor with a wispy mustache (I need to look up his name) who does a lot of shows recently and he's actually a good guy. The business more or less runs itself and he doesn't have any employees, so he just basically hires someone to hang out with him all day and help him indulge his passion which is...creating elaborate domino setups in the office space. The guy he hires in the dream is played by Seth Rogen, who basically just goes along with it because...hey, a job is a job and a job basically doing nothing but watching his boss topple dominoes is better than almost anything else out there. Every episode ends with an epic domino topple (I don't know what those are called?). There's also a lot of scenes in the mall food court where our leads go a lot because the rich, domino guy has a crush on the girl who owns the pizza stand.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

The first part of that description sounds like Kurt Vonnegut's Player Piano.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

WE'RE THE DOMINOES
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Now swamp-related, but I dreamt last night that I got fired. I went to clean my office out, but it was all gone. Had been thrown out by the new guy. The new guy? Paul Rudd. I refuse to believe Paul Rudd would do that. He'd pack everything up securely and send it to my home with a nice note.

Also, don't think I've ver had a "got fired" dream before. it was not enjoyable.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

I had the oddest dream that had me hanging out at Jason Isbell and Amanda shires house and just talking guitars and stuff. It got way weirder but I’m not going full fanfic here.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

So what did Shires do in the meantime?
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

mister d wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:45 pm So what did Shires do in the meantime?
A nickel for the fiddler and a nickel for the tune.
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

Had a dream last night that AB, rass, brian, wlu_lax and I sat down and started playing Texas hold 'em. On the first hand, I hit a straight flush on the turn and went all-in with AB and wlu_lax calling. The pot was something like $2,000. The river came and gave wlu_lax a four of a kind, and he immediately started celebrating and began raking in the cash. I turned around, took a deep breath, and then immediately turned around and slammed a knife point-first into the table near wlu's left hand.

I immediately woke up after that.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Sabo wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:09 am Had a dream last night that AB, rass, brian, wlu_lax and I sat down and started playing Texas hold 'em. On the first hand, I hit a straight flush on the turn and went all-in with AB and wlu_lax calling. The pot was something like $2,000. The river came and gave wlu_lax a four of a kind, and he immediately started celebrating and began raking in the cash. I turned around, took a deep breath, and then immediately turned around and slammed a knife point-first into the table near wlu's left hand.

Admins, can we get this lunatic banned before he acts out his fantasies?
-Pruitt
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

The Sybian wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:11 am
Sabo wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:09 am Had a dream last night that AB, rass, brian, wlu_lax and I sat down and started playing Texas hold 'em. On the first hand, I hit a straight flush on the turn and went all-in with AB and wlu_lax calling. The pot was something like $2,000. The river came and gave wlu_lax a four of a kind, and he immediately started celebrating and began raking in the cash. I turned around, took a deep breath, and then immediately turned around and slammed a knife point-first into the table near wlu's left hand.

After I woke up, my first thought (after noticing my heart was racing) was "Damn, I finally got a straight flush!"
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Sabo wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:14 am
The Sybian wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:11 am

After I woke up, my first thought (after noticing my heart was racing) was "Damn, I finally got a straight flush!"
Priorities. Why wasn't TT dealing? Opportunity missed.
-Pruitt
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Sabo wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:09 amI turned around, took a deep breath, and then immediately turned around and slammed a knife point-first into the table near wlu's left hand.
"He's got a nife!!!"
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Glad I folded that hand.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Had a weird dream where I was leaving a golf outing. There were five people with me: Mulligan (Swamp-related! and Sabo will probably be jealous), an old roommate, two co-workers that I don't rally know that well, and............Axl Rose.

Our car broke down and we somehow worked a deal to drive a tractor trailer home. Axl smoked a lot. Mulligan bought 100 gallons of gas.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Had a pretty vivid dream last night that my wife repeatedly tried to stab me with a kitchen knife in what was definitely our current kitchen. I kept grabbing the blade with my hands. It was the of the wake-up and go what the fuck? variety.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

rass wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:29 am Had a pretty vivid dream last night that my wife repeatedly tried to stab me with a kitchen knife in what was definitely our current kitchen. I kept grabbing the blade with my hands. It was the of the wake-up and go what the fuck? variety.

You gotta watch out for the Gingers.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

A_B wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:16 amAxl smoked a lot.
Leave him alone. Lone lone lone lone. Leave him alone.
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Ryan wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:41 am
A_B wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:16 amAxl smoked a lot.
Leave him alone. Lone lone lone lone. Leave him alone.
I don't think Mr. Brownstone made seven on this trip.
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

I guess tangentially Swamp-related, but after seeing MacGruber I had a dream that my cousin found out his wife had cheated on him with Eddie Money, so I had to make sure the song "Take Me Home Tonight" wasn't playing whenever he was around.
Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Who's got two tickets to paradise and railed your cousin-in-law?
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Had that song in my head when I woke up this morning. The dog walk was consumed with trying to remember if it's "I can FEEL you breathe, I can HEAR your heart beat faster" or "I can HEAR you breathe, I can FEEL your heart beat faster" when it's actually "FEEL" for both.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Just like Ronnie felt/heard
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

I've walked by this place a few dozen times by now but never made the connection until my morning walk today that it would be the perfect joint production of two different swampers -- Serrano and gunpowder.

DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Gayze at the Meathouse.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

This weekend I dreamt that I was helping people cover up their murder of Bobby Pentz ...

Camping dreams are fucking weird.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.