Jeeves Lance Armstrong something something

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Giff
The Dude

Jeeves Lance Armstrong something something

Post by Giff »

So yeah, found a lump on my sac when I showering this morning. Anyone have any experience with this? I'm sure it varies on your insurance plan, but do you just go to your PCP and they make a referral?
Last edited by Giff on Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Re: Jeeves Diddled Lance Armstrong

Post by A_B »

Yeah. Just see the primary. They'll tell you what to do. Hope you're ok.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

No experience with US health insurance, but I once found a small lump down below.

Turned out to be nothing of any importance (which is my wife's nickname for that area).

Good luck.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Good luck man.

/domain squats on GiffStrong.com
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

Good luck Giff.
Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Hope it is nothing more than an ingrown hair or such.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Giff wrote:So yeah, found a lump on my sac when I showering this morning. Anyone have any experience with this? I'm sure it varies on your insurance plan, but do you just go to your PCP and they make a referral?
There's lots of things that can be other than worst case.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

tennbengal wrote:
Giff wrote:So yeah, found a lump on my sac when I showering this morning. Anyone have any experience with this? I'm sure it varies on your insurance plan, but do you just go to your PCP and they make a referral?
There's lots of things that can be other than worst case.
Yeah, in college I found a lump. Turned out to be a hydrocele, which resolved itself. On the plus side, you are old enough to be outside the risk range!
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Epididymitis once caused me to be sure I was terminal.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

tennbengal wrote:Epididymitis once caused me to be sure I was terminal.
I can imagine. 2/3 of cases are caused by chlamydia, and a good percentage of the rest is caused by an E. Coli infection, probably a result of getting mud on your helmet, so to speak.

That research reminded me that I got my hydrocele diagnosis (at a younger age) confused with my testicular torsion. The later resulted from taking a slapshot in a hockey game. The pain was so severe I couldn't localize it for a week or so and I thought I pulled a groin. Scared the shit out of he when I realized it was a teste.
-Pruitt
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Anyone know how Giff's doing?
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

He's doing this because he's sick of the joke. Not fair.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Lump still there, but I can still get it up so I ain't scurred yet. Have an appointment Monday. In better news, about to take my Asher Violet home!
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

This probably isn't the most appropriate bump of this thread, but, in actual Lance Armstrong news, hoo boy, Deadspin with a long form read on just how much of liar and scumbag he was:

https://deadspin.com/the-ridiculous-sag ... 1802288537
Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Post by Joe K »

tennbengal wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:45 pm This probably isn't the most appropriate bump of this thread, but, in actual Lance Armstrong news, hoo boy, Deadspin with a long form read on just how much of liar and scumbag he was:

In retrospect, it’s astounding how much the US sports media carried water for Armstrong for so long. There were so many doping allegations, including from award-winning European journalists with no incentive to lie, throughout the years he was winning Tours. And yet everyone in the US media wrapped themselves in the flag and portrayed him as the ultimate hero and just a victim of European jealousy. That will always make me skeptical of how athletes are portrayed — either for better or worse — by the sports media.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Joe K wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:22 pm
tennbengal wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:45 pm This probably isn't the most appropriate bump of this thread, but, in actual Lance Armstrong news, hoo boy, Deadspin with a long form read on just how much of liar and scumbag he was:

In retrospect, it’s astounding how much the US sports media carried water for Armstrong for so long. There were so many doping allegations, including from award-winning European journalists with no incentive to lie, throughout the years he was winning Tours. And yet everyone in the US media wrapped themselves in the flag and portrayed him as the ultimate hero and just a victim of European jealousy. That will always make me skeptical of how athletes are portrayed — either for better or worse — by the sports media.
It lasted longer than the ben Johnson years in Canada, but the parallels are there. No one seemed to notice that Johnson went from a decent sprinter to the greatest in history while seemingly doubling in size in a very short period of time.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

Actually, what's astounding is that the English press has fallen into the exact same trap with the Sky riders in the last 5-6 years. Homer Simpson put it best: "Marge, my dear, I haven't learned a thing."
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

It's not directly about Lance Armstrong, but I'm going to continue pimping Icarus, a netflix documentary that I PROMISE will blow you away.

Starts off focused primarily on doping in cycling, which paints a VERY bad picture of Armstrong, then takes a fucking HUGE turn that, again, if you haven't seen it, it's just astounding what happens.

I'll tell you this, Armstrong is g-d monster.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Pruitt wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:26 pm
Joe K wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:22 pm

It lasted longer than the ben Johnson years in Canada, but the parallels are there. No one seemed to notice that Johnson went from a decent sprinter to the greatest in history while seemingly doubling in size in a very short period of time.
What makes cycling so incredibly difficult to detect (other than the elaborate steps they take to mask the substances or dupe governing bodies) is that they aren't necessarily building muscle mass, they are strengthening (understatement) slow-twitch muscle fiber for the most part.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

So Lance is back in the news:
Short version- Uber made him big money, Tom Weisel is a liar, I am better than Arod and Tiger but got punished worse
https://www.velonews.com/2018/12/news/a ... est_482019
https://www.cnbc.com/video/2018/12/07/l ... iguez.html
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Giff wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:19 pm Lump still there, but I can still get it up so I ain't scurred yet. Have an appointment Monday. In better news, about to take my Asher Violet home!
So Giff, been meaning to ask, are you going to live?
-Pruitt
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

The Sybian wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:56 pm
Giff wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:19 pm Lump still there, but I can still get it up so I ain't scurred yet. Have an appointment Monday. In better news, about to take my Asher Violet home!
So Giff, been meaning to ask, are you going to live?
I died a few months ago. I think Zombie Giff is a better poster tbh.
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Glad to see WADA doing their job. Only competitor, check the age group. My question is how does anyone pass a test in this age group..but look at the original excuse.

https://www.velonews.com/2019/01/news/9 ... own_482673
duff
Donny

Post by duff »

wlu_lax6 wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:43 am Glad to see WADA doing their job. Only competitor, check the age group. My question is how does anyone pass a test in this age group..but look at the original excuse.

I am going to find this guy and get the real story. Bristol is practically my back yard.
To quote both Bruce Prichard and Tony Schiavone, "Fuck Duff Meltzer."
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

duff wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:21 am
wlu_lax6 wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:43 am Glad to see WADA doing their job. Only competitor, check the age group. My question is how does anyone pass a test in this age group..but look at the original excuse.

I am going to find this guy and get the real story. Bristol is practically my back yard.
I would try the singles bars based on the PED---- "clomiphene – a drug used to treat fertility problems"
or
Look for the cyclist who is signaling a turn for miles on end while going straight
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

wlu_lax6 wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:48 am
duff wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:21 am

I would try the singles bars based on the PED---- "clomiphene – a drug used to treat fertility problems"
or
Look for the cyclist who is signaling a turn for miles on end while going straight
That just made my day!
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Any one else intrigued by the Lance 30 for 30? I am interested mainly because every time Lance gets a big stage like this, he knocks himself down again. He has some good ideas and his race coverage podcast is very good, but man he has not concept about how his cocky attitude, rich guy view of the world, and lack of remorse for the lives he crushed while hiding his doping can back fire on him.

Of all the things in his life, the doping and cheating were common in the sport. People would have gotten past that like everyone else in the sport did. He could have pointed to all the good he did, but he crushed those who were trying to tell the truth and that is really what made him the villain.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

wlu_lax6 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 9:56 am Any one else intrigued by the Lance 30 for 30? I am interested mainly because every time Lance gets a big stage like this, he knocks himself down again. He has some good ideas and his race coverage podcast is very good, but man he has not concept about how his cocky attitude, rich guy view of the world, and lack of remorse for the lives he crushed while hiding his doping can back fire on him.

Of all the things in his life, the doping and cheating were common in the sport. People would have gotten past that like everyone else in the sport did. He could have pointed to all the good he did, but he crushed those who were trying to tell the truth and that is really what made him the villain.
There's no way I'm going to watch this. I was definitely on Team Lance back in the day, but not no more.
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:00 am
wlu_lax6 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 9:56 am Any one else intrigued by the Lance 30 for 30? I am interested mainly because every time Lance gets a big stage like this, he knocks himself down again. He has some good ideas and his race coverage podcast is very good, but man he has not concept about how his cocky attitude, rich guy view of the world, and lack of remorse for the lives he crushed while hiding his doping can back fire on him.

There's no way I'm going to watch this. I was definitely on Team Lance back in the day, but not no more.
Based on the preview I think it is not going to be a Last Dance controlled narrative by Lance. Too many interviews with people who still don't trust him.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

wlu_lax6 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:13 am
DaveInSeattle wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:00 am

Based on the preview I think it is not going to be a Last Dance controlled narrative by Lance. Too many interviews with people who still don't trust him.
It's honestly pretty ridiculous that you'd have to reassure people after that idiotic Jordan hagiography that this will actually be an even-sided documentary.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

brian wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:16 am... idiotic Jordan hagiography ...
Pistons fan much?

(I'm not saying you're wrong.)
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:58 am
Pistons fan much?

I'm not going to lie, that's obviously part of it, but Jordan is too complex of a figure to be handled with kid gloves like that. I think it's embarrassing for ESPN more than anything. Maybe a real filmmaker will one day tackle Jordan's legacy with a truly 360 degree view.
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

brian wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 12:21 pm
Pistons fan much?

I'm not going to lie, that's obviously part of it, but Jordan is too complex of a figure to be handled with kid gloves like that. I think it's embarrassing for ESPN more than anything. Maybe a real filmmaker will one day tackle Jordan's legacy with a truly 360 degree view.
but has to be okay not getting the access to MJ, his family, his driver/best friend, Ahmad, and probably most of his teammates.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

wlu_lax6 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 12:55 pm
Pistons fan much?

but has to be okay not getting the access to MJ, his family, his driver/best friend, Ahmad, and probably most of his teammates.
The Made In America documentary on OJ managed to be pretty thorough and entertaining without having to listen to him air a litany of grievances over several hours.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

brian wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 12:57 pm
wlu_lax6 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 12:55 pm
Pistons fan much?

The Made In America documentary on OJ managed to be pretty thorough and entertaining without having to listen to him air a litany of grievances over several hours.
That would be a different project. It'd be far closer to "journalism," but is it really worth it?

Sports is just a big TV show. And Jordan was one of the biggest TV stars there was. But unless there is something really newsworthy about "this TV star was a big asshole 30 years ago," I'm not sure the subject is worth real journalism.

I'd rather real journalist/documentarians do projects about things that are more important.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Isn't that why the word hagiography was invented then? Call it that instead of a "documentary".
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

brian wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 1:15 pm Isn't that why the word hagiography was invented then? Call it that instead of a "documentary".
You could. But again, we're talking about a TV show about a TV show.
Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Post by Joe K »

The Last Dance got better after the first couple of episodes about delving into Jordan’s off the court stuff and his issues with teammates. It talked about the gambling and teammate fights and failure to endorse Jesse Helms’ opponent. But it did give Jordan the last word on almost everything controversial.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Joe K wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 1:23 pm The Last Dance got better after the first couple of episodes about delving into Jordan’s off the court stuff and his issues with teammates. It talked about the gambling and teammate fights and failure to endorse Jesse Helms’ opponent. But it did give Jordan the last word on almost everything controversial.
Surprising that it would happen with a subject who is so petty.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

His Hall of Fame induction speech was Trump-esque. He's a horrible human being.