Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, DaveInSeattle, rass

Gunpowder
The Dude

Re: The Important Sounds of Things Falling Apart

Post by Gunpowder » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:32 pm

HaulCitgo wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:58 pm
You don't like what they're saying so they shouldn't be able to say it? Not sure about that logic. Quite sure scotus would say that type of ordinance rightfully requires greater scrutiny. And you're definitely barking up the wrong tree with his court .
Should I be able to tie somebody up in my basement and tell them my opinions? They aren't just saying "oh hey btw kids, this guy doesn't think you should be gay".
"Enjoyed this one," Gunpowder told the Burlington Observer. "But it's back to work tomorrow."

DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:05 am

tennbengal wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:26 pm
He's betting the law doesn't apply to him. Following the example set in the WH. He might be right.

He's certainly got the backers on the right...(and yes...that's Ricky Schroeder)

Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:12 pm

The ending of "Taxi Driver" was oddly prophetic.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."

sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:58 pm

That does it. I’m never watching Silver Spoons again!
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian

I never shoulda punched that horse. - AB

Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:36 pm

BRCC had to make an appearance in that thread to say they do not sponsor him.

But it would make sense if they did! Those Thank Me For My Service, Veteran Justice Warrior fuckbags.

Evan Hafer, the CEO, got his shit pushed in on a Reddit AMA years ago after they went after Starbucks to get brand awareness. He deleted everything he posted, but the AMA remains up to this day.

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.

DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:16 pm

Johnnie wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:36 pm
BRCC had to make an appearance in that thread to say they do not sponsor him.
I read somewhere that the MyPillow dipshit contributed a bunch towards his bail.

Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:52 pm

But Antifa!

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.

Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt » Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:47 am

Johnnie wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:52 pm
But Antifa!

"This is America bro! Fucking America!"
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."

DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle » Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:08 pm

Oh....just someone who murdered 2 people drinking in a bar while wearing a shirt saying 'Free As Fuck'...

(and yes, he's 18, but in Wisconsin 18 year olds can drink in a bar if their parents are with them)

The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:09 pm

DaveInSeattle wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:08 pm

(and yes, he's 18, but in Wisconsin 18 year olds can drink in a bar if their parents are with them)
What?!?!? And of course, hanging out in a bar with no mask during a pandemic.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt

tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:07 pm

I genuinely don't know what thread to drop this in - but I am super interested in seeing if some of you all who are gamers think it makes as much sense as it appears to - in terms of explaining some of the Q'Anon popularity...

Here are the intro graphs...
I am a game designer with experience in a very small niche. I create and research games designed to be played in reality. I’ve worked in Alternate Reality Games (ARGs), LARPs, experience fiction, interactive theater, and “serious games”. Stories and games that can start on a computer, and finish in the real world. Fictions designed to feel as real as possible. Games that teach you. Puzzles that come to life all around the players. Games where the deeper you dig, the more you find. Games with rabbit holes that invite you into wonderland and entice you through the looking glass.
When I saw QAnon, I knew exactly what it was and what it was doing. I had seen it before. I had almost built it before. It was gaming’s evil twin. A game that plays people. (cue ominous music)

QAnon has often been compared to ARGs and LARPs and rightly so. It uses many of the same gaming mechanisms and rewards. It has a game-like feel to it that is evident to anyone who has ever played an ARG, online role-play (RP) or LARP before. The similarities are so striking that it has often been referred to as a LARP or ARG. However this beast is very very different from a game.
It is the differences that shed the light on how QAnon works and many of them are hard to see if you’re not involved in game development. QAnon is like the reflection of a game in a mirror, it looks just like one, but it is inverted.

DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:16 pm

The Sybian wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:09 pm
DaveInSeattle wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:08 pm

What?!?!? And of course, hanging out in a bar with no mask during a pandemic.
Its even worse...

Kyle Rittenhouse flashed hate symbols, posed with Proud Boys in a Wisconsin bar, prosecutors say
Shortly after pleading not guilty to murder and weapons charges earlier this month, Kyle Rittenhouse showed up at a bar in Mount Pleasant, Wis., clad in a T-shirt that said “Free as F---,” prosecutors said. Then the 18-year-old allegedly drank three beers, posed for photos with members of Proud Boys and flashed a “white power” hand sign.

The excursion raised red flags for prosecutors handling the state’s case against Rittenhouse, who is charged with fatally shooting two men and wounding a third during an August protest following the police shooting of a Black man in Kenosha, Wis.

On Wednesday, the Kenosha County District Attorney’s Office asked a judge to forbid Rittenhouse from drinking alcohol, using “white supremacist” signs and spending time with members of the Proud Boys, a male-chauvinist group with ties to white nationalism.

MaxWebster
Bunny Lebowski

Post by MaxWebster » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:15 am

fascinating article... but maybe 2/3 of the way through i just got too fucking upset and couldn't finish.

tennbengal wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:07 pm
I genuinely don't know what thread to drop this in - but I am super interested in seeing if some of you all who are gamers think it makes as much sense as it appears to - in terms of explaining some of the Q'Anon popularity...

tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:31 am

MaxWebster wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:15 am
fascinating article... but maybe 2/3 of the way through i just got too fucking upset and couldn't finish.

tennbengal wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:07 pm

It...it explains so much. And it is as dystopian as I could possibly imagine. And real. Yeah, super upsetting.