Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Re: The Punchable Faces Thread

Post by DaveInSeattle »

DaveInSeattle wrote:Milo Yiannopoulos

Milo Yiannopoulos Represents a New Force in Electoral Politics
At 4 p.m., Milo Yiannopoulos puts on a pair of glasses for the first time today. He examines himself in a mirror to see if he wants to add a gray suit to his purchases, which will push his bill to almost $12,000 at Savile Row’s Gieves & Hawkes. He’s buying clothes for his next round of college speeches in, as his bus announces in huge letters next to five giant photos of him, the Dangerous Faggot Tour. It resumed at Texas Tech University on Sept. 12 and is scheduled to hit campuses including Columbia, Dartmouth, the University of Alabama, and the University of California at Berkeley before concluding at UCLA in February. “I have ridiculously bad eyesight, but I have learned to live with an impressionistic view. Life is a Monet painting,” he says, taking off his glasses. “I wander around enjoying myopia.”
I hate that I know who this jackass is...
Oh hey...look who it is....defending pedophilia!
Breitbart editor Milo Yiannopoulos appeared to speak tolerantly of pedophilia in video clips shared ahead of his speaking engagement at next week's Conservative Political Action Conference.

The right-wing provocateur recalled his own sexual abuse as a teen and did not appear to outright condemn similar relationships between children and men on a 2016 episode of "The Drunken Peasants" podcast.

He flippantly said young boys "discover who they are" through such relationships, later implying that those relationships can be sexual in nature, and can "give them security and safety and provide them with love and a reliable rock where they can't speak to their parents.”

A host with the popular podcast fired back at Yiannopoulos and said, "Sounds like Catholic priest molestation to me."

"I'm grateful for Father Michael," Yiannopoulos replied. "I wouldn't give nearly such good head if it wasn't for him."
What a disgusting human being...
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

And he keeps getting more publicity.

Which is like priest dick for this piece of shit. But on the bright side, his target audience (the ones who may agree with some of what he has to say) are the ones who he should be very afraid of.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Pruitt wrote:And he keeps getting more publicity.

Which is like priest dick for this piece of shit. But on the bright side, his target audience (the ones who may agree with some of what he has to say) are the ones who he should be very afraid of.
Who knew that excusing pedophilia was a bridge too far....CPAC has cancelled his keynote address, Simon & Schuster has now cancelled his book deal, and there are reports that Breitbart employees are demanding he be fired.

And somewhere, I hope, Leslie Jones is enjoying a nice cocktail and a good laugh.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

DaveInSeattle wrote:
Pruitt wrote:And he keeps getting more publicity.

Who knew that excusing pedophilia was a bridge too far....CPAC has cancelled his keynote address, Simon & Schuster has now cancelled his book deal, and there are reports that Breitbart employees are demanding he be fired.

And somewhere, I hope, Leslie Jones is enjoying a nice cocktail and a good laugh.
Is his Penn State appearance still scheduled?

But seriously, Anne Coulter has had a lengthy career being a vile loud piece of shit "commentator," but she's the exception. This dreg is well on his way to the "where are they now" file.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

The Catholic Church - we'll teach you how to suck a mean dick.
Totally Kafkaesque
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Honestly, world would be abetter place if a piano fell on this punk's head.

From The Tablet (not a bad website - Jewish focussed)
What was actually most notable about Yiannopoulos’ loathsome reply was his avowal of Jewish identity, something he only mentions when the undeniable anti-Semitism of his followers becomes an issue. Though he has recently taken to claiming, when it suits him, matrilineal Jewish heritage, Yiannopoulos identifies religiously as Catholic, and he used to write a column for a Catholic newspaper in Britain. Nor did his alleged Jewishness stop him from sporting an Iron Cross medallion around his neck as a younger man.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Any Maher fans here who want to defend his booking (before or after the pedo statements)?
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Post by Joe K »

mister d wrote:Any Maher fans here who want to defend his booking (before or after the pedo statements)?
Maher is terrible. He'll invite any awful person in his show if the topic is bashing Muslims. So-called "liberals" like Maher, Sam Harris and Richard Dawkins have done a lot of harm by normalizing anti-Muslim bigotry. Maher also said some really nasty transphobic stuff when he had Milo on.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Joe K wrote:
mister d wrote:Any Maher fans here who want to defend his booking (before or after the pedo statements)?
Maher is terrible. He'll invite any awful person in his show if the topic is bashing Muslims. So-called "liberals" like Maher, Sam Harris and Richard Dawkins have done a lot of harm by normalizing anti-Muslim bigotry. Maher also said some really nasty transphobic stuff when he had Milo on.
Gave him the "everything is a joke" cover, too.

If you don't believe Milo is just a troll, just watch the "Overtime" segment on YouTube (I watched it because Larry Wilmore told Mile "go fuck yourself" twice). Any topic where Milo is unable to promote himself, he just looks anxious to get the subject back on himself.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

DSafetyGuy wrote:
Joe K wrote:
Gave him the "everything is a joke" cover, too.

If you don't believe Milo is just a troll, just watch the "Overtime" segment on YouTube (I watched it because Larry Wilmore told Mile "go fuck yourself" twice). Any topic where Milo is unable to promote himself, he just looks anxious to get the subject back on himself.
Looks like the arc of Milo's career went from pinnacle to gone in a week. His whole schtick is to say the most heinous things imaginable to laugh at Liberals freaking out, then let RWers site Liberals wanting to silence Milo as intolerance, hatred of free speech, snowflakes, refusing to listen to anyone with different beliefs... I had only seen one or two clips of Milo before he was on Maher, but had read a couple of articles, so I didn't know if he was a raving lunatic, but it is clear he is a damaged troll looking for fame, attention, and to laugh at stupid Liberals dumb enough to react to him. I watched Maher last night, saw Overtime today, then immediately saw links to articles that CPAC and Simon & Schuster dropped him, and Breitbart staffers are pushing to get rid of him. I was thinking he is so juvenile that he would push it too far, but damn.

For those fortunate enough to not know this troll, he is an exaggerated stereotype of a homosexual turned up to 11, who claims to only date black guys (so he CANT be racist or homophobic), and is a devout Catholic, except when called anti-semitic, then his Jewish mother makes him a Jew, so he can't be anti-semitic. Maher said he looks like Sacha Baron Cohen's Bruno character, and the act isn't far off.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Off the Breitbart too.

He who lives by spewing garbage dies by spewing garbage.

Poor Milo; not very marketable anymore is he?
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

You can add me to the crew of people happy to see him get gone. And naturally its from a situation in which the context is a bit twisted and a clear 'joke' (the cocksucking one) was stretched out of context. Overall, yes he deserves it. But I'd stress the context of the words first.

The fact that it's not directly tied to his Dangerous Faggot Tour (actual name, btw), which would have made far more sense, still shows that indignation over certain quotes is what moves the needle. That being, it affected a money trail and not common decency. He's a living commenter troll. But he made money until now.

Philly D sums it up staying at 4:25 here:

https://youtu.be/5PnnE_UizOs

As for his Bill Maher appearance, it was ridiculous. Bill did absolutely nothing to refute his dumb claims. And as stated, Larry Wilmore and former CIA Intel analyst and spy Malcolm Nance both told him to fuck off. That was great.

But his appearance did make me see a symmetry with another Real Time guest from this season: Tomi Lahren. Both of them, when you do the research, were very boring and very lame characters until they realized they could tap into the emotions of people too ignorant to think past what conservative leaders tell them. They then connected themselves to the wave of Trumpian outrage and took on firebrand personas. They became trolls in the flesh. It worked and got them famous. They're both full of shit, but their side won so they have been given legitimacy in spite of real humans using real logic to keep them from the mainstream.

Now that Milo has been cast away, there has to be some dirt on Tomi. Radio DJ Charlemagne and TMZ have tried to get her to admit, in subtle ways, to having a preference for black guys. She kept avoiding that question. And if something like that makes no sense in the grand scheme, it doesn't. However, remember the audience she caters to and remember that she tweeted Black Lives Matter is the new KKK. No, really.

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Can I stress I don't condone what he said, btw? Before anyone goes "Johnnie, are you seriously condoning pedophilia right now!?!?"

No. I agree with how Philly D framed it. The words are bad, but ultimately he was speaking for himself and didn't make that clear. Plus the sucking the priest's cock statement was, in my opinion after hearing it, said as a joke instead of an indictment of fact.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

Johnnie wrote:Can I stress I don't condone what he said, btw? Before anyone goes "Johnnie, are you seriously condoning pedophilia right now!?!?"

No. I agree with how Philly D framed it. The words are bad, but ultimately he was speaking for himself and didn't make that clear. Plus the sucking the priest's cock statement was, in my opinion after hearing it, said as a joke instead of an indictment of fact.
Sure, but context is key.

Milo BuySomeConsants is a flaming sack of crap, so given who he is, I'm not going to exert any energy to see him in another light.

Fuck that guy. Or rather, don't fuck that guy.
Noli Timere Messorem
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Let's fire up the Google machine right quick...

Still together and in love as of 2 years ago.

Note: No punchable faces in the photo.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Wow, I wonder how they would have felt if their daughters were getting fucked by a teacher at 14. Still disturbing.
-Pruitt
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Da fuq is MK wearing?
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

rass wrote:

Can we add Bill Maher as a punchable face?
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

"Your brother Kumail would like to recall his message."
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

rass wrote:

"Your brother Kumail would like to recall his message."
So you want to punch Kumail or Jenna Jameson's face?
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

This isn't the Milo thread?
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Jenna Jamison must have the same plastic surgeon as Melania.

-Pruitt
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Ryan Gosling.

(I have no good reason for disliking him. But he sure looks like a smug douchebag.)
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

sancarlos wrote:Ryan Gosling.

(I have no good reason for disliking him. But he sure looks like a smug douchebag.)
Yup. Cosign.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Aw, Baby Goose!

If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend The Nice Guys. It's a fun movie, Gosling is great in it, and he does beaten up on a rather consistent basis throughout the movie if that's still your thing.
Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Post by Joe K »

Johnnie wrote:

Yup. Cosign.
I thought his acting was the most underwhelming part of La La Land. I also saw parts of an SNL episode Gosling hosted a couple years back and didn't find him to be particularly funny or charismatic. If I had seen him in either of those, without already knowing that he was supposed to be this huge star and sex symbol, I'd wonder how he ever got cast in those roles.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Joe K wrote:
Johnnie wrote:

Yup. Cosign.
I thought his acting was the most underwhelming part of La La Land. I also saw parts of an SNL episode Gosling hosted a couple years back and didn't find him to be particularly funny or charismatic. If I had seen him in either of those, without already knowing that he was supposed to be this huge star and sex symbol, I'd wonder how he ever got cast in those roles.
The Notebook. He's living off the residuals for life.

So glad he died at the end. Spoiler alert.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Gosling is great in The Nice Guys and Drive...
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

He's aight. I get some of the hate, but he's pretty decent in some movies, pretty eh in others. Basically a millennial version of Matt Damon.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Hot take- I don't dislike Ryan gosling
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

rass mentioned The Nice Guys...that movie was brilliant and Gosling was great in it. What makes him so good at comedy is that he never acts like his character is in on the joke. Basically the antithesis of the Ryan Reynolds school of constantly winking at the camera.
Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

tennbengal wrote:Hot take- I don't dislike Ryan gosling
You guys sound positively Trumpian, heaping hate on a foreigner. Ryan Gosling is alright.

You want to punch a Canadian, load up on this asshole.

Kevin O'Leary, self-promoting blowhard, formerly a "Shark" on Shark Tank and a "Dragon" on the Canadian version Dragon's Den. Now running for leadership of the Conservative party (one of Canada's 2 traditionally powerful parties). Wants to take on Jr. Trudeau to become Prime Minister.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Exactly. In this Trumpian era I can't work up enough distain for any kind of Hollywood type people like I might have at one point. All my hate has to go towards the people who really deserve it.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Hans Von Spakovsky
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Earlier this week I really wanted to post the mugshot of the woman who murdered the homeless guy in Nashville after he asked her to move her Porsche, but (A) she was (as noted) a woman and (B) wearing glasses and those are both supposed to be no hit zones, so I didn't.
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

Pruitt wrote:Hans Von Spakovsky

When I first read this name, I thought it was Spankovsky, which would make it even funnier.
Birds don’t suck. They lack the necessary anatomical structures to do so.