The Punchable Faces Thread

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

sancarlos
The Dude

Re: The Punchable Faces Thread

Post by sancarlos »

There is a weird subsegment of mentally ill women who crave the attention of the most despicable men. I saw a show on tv once about how, while they were imprisoned for life, guys like Charles Manson and Richard Ramirez had bunches of women professing their love to them.

I put this woman in that group.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

I wonder if it isn’t that they crave attention from bad guys but just that normal potential partners see the warning signs?

And of course some people, even really bad ones, do have charisma that is off the charts.

I have an anecdote but can’t type from my phone. Cause I don’t want to.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

A_B wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:48 pm I wonder if it isn’t that they crave attention from bad guys but just that normal potential partners see the warning signs?

And of course some people, even really bad ones, do have charisma that is off the charts.

I have an anecdote but can’t type from my phone. Cause I don’t want to.
I agree with the charisma aspect for a lot of these stories, but I refuse to believe Shkreli has an ounce of charisma. That guy oozes repulsion out of his pores.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

A_B wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:48 pm I wonder if it isn’t that they crave attention from bad guys but just that normal potential partners see the warning signs?
What does this say about the fiance she broke it off with? Or does he not qualify for "normal" as an investment banker?
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

I think it's a strong caregiver/mothering instinct that has gone awry. These women are drawn to and want to fix/help/support these bad guys who they probably think are being unfairly punished.
Totally Kafkaesque
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

rass wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:00 pm I understand she’s getting dunked on a bit on Twitter but it’s hard to read that whole article and laugh at her, even if you think it’s her fault.
Just read it, and yeah, nothing to laugh at here. She threw away her job and marriage for a psychopath in prison, and he ghosted her then told her through the reporter that it's over, and she is holding out hope and waiting for him... Guh.

But the real question, since Elle labels the designer on the clothes she is wearing in the pictures, did she have veto authority on the horrendous dresses she is wearing in the pictures? They remind me of the mumu Homer Simpson wore in the fat Homer episode.
-Pruitt
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Ooooooo girl you just went there!!!
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Baloney
The Big Lebowski

Post by Baloney »

On the day a Brexit deal is signed a well deserved backpfeifengesicht

Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

I'm not sure if punchable is a bad enough word for what I feel every time I see MTG's face.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

I'd never hit a woman, but I'd laugh my ass off if some huge lesbian just fucking cold-cocks that bitch one day.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

brian wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:39 pm I'd never hit a woman, but I'd laugh my ass off if some huge lesbian just fucking cold-cocks that bitch one day.
For true poetic justice, it should be a trans-woman who beats the crap out of her...
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

brian wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:39 pm I'd never hit a woman, but I'd laugh my ass off if some huge lesbian just fucking cold-cocks that bitch one day.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

I mean, that's probably just W. Virginia in 1983, but I think it works.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:11 pm
Apologies if this was a known.

Copy pasta of what someone posted in the comments section to provide clarity (KY3 TV is Springfield, Missouri).
On April 15, 1998, Dana Defeo, Terry Batson and Ed Watson completed their shift at a local factory. The three coworkers piled into Batson’s car and socialized late into the night at a local pub. At 1:15 a.m., they started home. Moments later their car was hit by Tim Massey. He had 11 driving violations, including one ticket for going 104 miles per hour. This night police said he was driving more than 100 miles per hour when he sped through an intersection and crashed into Batson’s car.

Two of the three coworkers died. Only Dana Defeo survived, but with severe brain damage. Massey survived and was charged with manslaughter. More than a year later, Massey stood before a judge, who sentenced him to five years in prison.

After the sentencing, outside the courtroom, a drama unfolded. Friction was apparent between the families of Dana Defeo and Terry Batson. Accusations that the dead victims had been smoking marijuana and unfaithful to their spouses were flying between the families. A member of Terry Batson’s family heard the allegations and punched the accuser in the mouth. The graphic and startling smack in the mouth was captured on camera.

No charges were filed. Nobody was arrested. The station had sensational videotape on its hands, but the assault had nothing to do with the story that had unfolded in the courtroom.

KY3-TV, after a lengthy newsroom discussion, decided not to air the video but did mention the argument and the punch in a tag to the main story about the sentencing for the two traffic deaths.
Noli Timere Messorem
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Missouri.. West Virginia...

I definitely got the decade wrong.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

She looks like the older sister of the woman in the husband and wife tandem who pointed guns at the the BLM protesters that walked through their neighborhood.

She belongs to a very affordable country club. And she sells...lighting. It sounds more important than it is, but she's surprisingly efficient at looking things up in the catalog for ordering.
Noli Timere Messorem
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Ended up with this guy in a fantasy draft and immediately traded him

he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Yup. His brother, too.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Posting hockey players in a punchable face thread is something different.
Square Rob
Jesus Quintana

Post by Square Rob »

This worthless piece of shit robbed a gas station I used to frequent. Seems to be the perfect representation for this thread.

sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Reminds me of Michael J. Pollard in Bonnie and Clyde.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

I’m seeing a younger, douchier Jean-Ralphio.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Remember 'Punchable Faces' hall-of-famer Milo Yiannopoulos?

Turns out he's got a new grift...

Milo Yiannopoulos Desperately Declares Himself ‘Ex-Gay,’ Says His New Mission Is Conversion Therapy
Professional right-wing troll Milo Yiannopoulos has declared himself no longer homosexual. In an interview with the right-wing LifeSite, Yiannopoulos claims he is “ex-gay” and will direct his future endeavors to St. Joseph: “I treat it like an addiction. You never stop being an alcoholic... I hope people will support and pray for me, if for no other reason than they share my delight at the prospect of Milo Yiannopoulos furiously and indignantly railing against homosexuals for sins of the flesh.” He announced a new vocation as well, a dedication to the discredited and widely banned practice of forcibly subduing homosexuality: “Over the next decade, I would like to help rehabilitate what the media calls ‘conversion therapy.’” It is unclear whether Yiannopoulos remains legally married: “The guy I live with has been demoted to housemate.” And he took some time during the interview to indulge in transphobia as well, claiming “trannies are demonic.”
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:59 am Remember 'Punchable Faces' hall-of-famer Milo Yiannopoulos?

On the plus side, punching Milo no longer carries the risk of being called homophobic. Utterly despicable. He is so desperate for relevancy he is willing to completely sell out the legitimacy of homosexuality.
-Pruitt
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

The Sybian wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:05 am
DaveInSeattle wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:59 am Remember 'Punchable Faces' hall-of-famer Milo Yiannopoulos?

On the plus side, punching Milo no longer carries the risk of being called homophobic. Utterly despicable. He is so desperate for relevancy he is willing to completely sell out the legitimacy of homosexuality.
Anything for fame.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

The cringe is so fucking real here. Oh my God.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Screen Shot 2021-09-10 at 11.11.52 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-09-10 at 11.11.52 PM.png (201.86 KiB) Viewed 672 times
What the fuck is this?
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Vestigial animosity from the bayless days.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

So much schadenfreude...

DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Mark Lee Dickson paved the way for the Texas abortion ban, one small town at a time
Mark Lee Dickson arrived at College Heights Baptist Church in his signature uniform: backward baseball cap, button-down shirt and Vans sneakers. As he began preaching, he held a thumb-sized rubber fetus, complete with a fully-formed face.

“An abortion clinic in Waskom, Texas, is not an Austin problem or a Washington, D.C., problem. It’s a town problem,” he said, urging the audience not to wait for state or national leaders and instead to pass their own local ban.

Over the last two years, Dickson, 36, has given a similar speech in more than a hundred towns across Texas, lobbying them to become “sanctuary cities for the unborn” by prohibiting abortions within their limits.
Look at this fuckface...oh so edgy...a preacher, who wears a backwards baseball hat!

The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

You just know that guy is engaged in some sort of scandalous or criminal behavior that is eventually going to take him down. I'd guess sexual perversion, but not going to bet against fraud or embezzlement.
-Pruitt
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

The Sybian wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:47 pm You just know that guy is engaged in some sort of scandalous or criminal behavior that is eventually going to take him down. I'd guess sexual perversion, but not going to bet against fraud or embezzlement.
Why not all three?
Reaper
Jesus Quintana

Post by Reaper »

I had never heard of Zach Hample until yesterday, but he's getting a lot of press because the Rockies told him to sit down instead of running up and down the aisles trying to catch more home run balls.

How do you all get your death notices since I left?
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

If you didn't know about him until now, congrats on that previous bliss. He sucks.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

The biggest fucking dork possible.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

I misspelled his name in this relatively succinct post.
Pruitt IV
The Big Lebowski

Post by Pruitt IV »

Tony Dungy

Didn't realize quite what an asshole he is...

Tony Dungy shows the regressive and intolerant worst in sports

The tweet that the Post columnist alludes to but doesn't quote in the article is...
All of this comes at the end of a week in which Dungy, incredibly, responded to a tweet about a Minnesota bill that would require menstrual products to be placed in boys bathrooms at schools with an old, debunked multiple times over, myth that was created and spread by individuals who oppose LGBTQ+ rights.

“That’s nothing,” the coach responded by writing. “Some school districts are putting litter boxes in the school bathrooms for the students who identify as cats. Very important to address every student’s needs.”
Canadian International
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Pruitt IV wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:57 am Image

Tony Dungy

Didn't realize quite what an asshole he is...

Tony Dungy shows the regressive and intolerant worst in sports

The tweet that the Post columnist alludes to but doesn't quote in the article is...
All of this comes at the end of a week in which Dungy, incredibly, responded to a tweet about a Minnesota bill that would require menstrual products to be placed in boys bathrooms at schools with an old, debunked multiple times over, myth that was created and spread by individuals who oppose LGBTQ+ rights.

“That’s nothing,” the coach responded by writing. “Some school districts are putting litter boxes in the school bathrooms for the students who identify as cats. Very important to address every student’s needs.”
The folks on Hang Up and Listen went after him pretty hard. One of the folks used NBC's inaction as a jumping off point on pointing to NBC's targeting of NFL to conservative America (Country music intro, etc). A bit of jumping off point but one thing to have a personal opinion. Another to spout untrue propaganda.