The Punchable Faces Thread

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Johnny Carwash
The Dude

The Punchable Faces Thread

Post by Johnny Carwash »

Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
P.D.X.
The Dude

Re: The Punchable Faces Thread

Post by P.D.X. »

Plus being a Brand New fan. Douche.
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

Despite (because of) being a tremendous douche, he has done a great service. By bringing attention to the completely fucked system that makes this possible.

The drug is available in Europe for a low price. But our government makes it illegal for us to buy the drug from another country. For our protection.

Sadly, despite the awareness douchy mc hedgefunddouche has focused, this will soon be forgotten, and nothing will change.

I'd like to punch all the democratic congressmen/women and senators who voted for the Medicare part D law, which made it illegal for the government to negotiate prices of drugs. Of course, most of them are still in office, so at least I know where to find them.
Who knows? Maybe, you were kidnapped, tied up, taken away and held for ransom.

Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I hope he gets AIDS.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

mister d wrote:I hope he gets AIDS.
No, because that is treatable - and affordable for him.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Free market! If AIDS patients want to set the price of their medication, they should have made $100 million to be able to buy the rights to their medication. Fucking lazy bastards wanting to mooch off of the low prices set by Big Pharma.

Republican Jesus says they deserve to die if they can't afford this insane price hike. Jesus was all about usurious tactics holding people's health hostage to bilk them out of their money.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Skimmed the article for a little bit and saw that the drug came out 65 years ago. The patent for it sure has run out decades ago. Shouldn't another company immediately use the same recipe and distribute it as a generic?
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Pruitt wrote:No, because that is treatable - and affordable for him.
I'm ok with that. He can take all his pills.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

L-Jam3 wrote:Skimmed the article for a little bit and saw that the drug came out 65 years ago. The patent for it sure has run out decades ago. Shouldn't another company immediately use the same recipe and distribute it as a generic?
That may be what happens in response (free market, again) but they'll still have to absorb ramp up costs and it'll take time.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

From his wiki page
wikipedia wrote:Shkreli is a League of Legends player who goes by the name "Cerebral" and began expressing interest in purchasing an esports team in 2014.[14] Enemy eSports announced that they had rejected a $1.2 million offer from Shkreli. Eventually he founded his own team, Odyssey eSports, and aimed to qualify for the 2015 North American League of Legends Challenger Series. The team lost to Cloud9 Tempest in the qualifying tournament and failed to qualify. In August, Odyssey merged with Imagine, with Shkreli becoming Chairman of the team
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Its weird how someone can go from an unknown to someone who you wholeheartedly wish death on in a matter of days, huh?
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

wlu_lax6 wrote:From his wiki page
wikipedia wrote:Shkreli is a League of Legends player who goes by the name "Cerebral" and began expressing interest in purchasing an esports team in 2014.[14] Enemy eSports announced that they had rejected a $1.2 million offer from Shkreli. Eventually he founded his own team, Odyssey eSports, and aimed to qualify for the 2015 North American League of Legends Challenger Series. The team lost to Cloud9 Tempest in the qualifying tournament and failed to qualify. In August, Odyssey merged with Imagine, with Shkreli becoming Chairman of the team
Translation?
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

P.D.X. wrote:
wlu_lax6 wrote:From his wiki page
Translation?
He plays video games at a high level, but due to either lowballing or being an asshole, was not able to purchase his own pro team, so he started his own, petered out in a qualifier, and then merged/bought another team.
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

There are professional video game teams?
-Pruitt
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

mister d wrote:Its weird how someone can go from an unknown to someone who you wholeheartedly wish death on in a matter of days, huh?
Still trying to parse the reference to the Deflategate thread...
Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

The Sybian wrote:There are professional video game teams?
That's my college plan for my son now.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

mister d wrote:Its weird how someone can go from an unknown to someone who you wholeheartedly wish death on in a matter of days, huh?
It gets worse/better...turns out this guy also has a history of stalking/harassment as well...

Lawsuit: Scumbag Pill Price Gouger Stalked and Harassed Ex-Coworker's Entire Family
Timothy Pierotti was a colleague of Shkreli at his previous biotech venture, Retrophin, before an alleged business deal gone awry created bad blood. From there, legal documents allege, Shkreli proceeded to harass and threaten Pierotti’s family via email, Facebook, LinkedIn, and text message. Pierotti says Shkreli—a one time Forbes “30 Under 30” honoree—even broke into various online accounts owned by his family
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

The Sybian wrote:There are professional video game teams?

Don't say that in a room full of Koreans, where this shit is (seriously) prime time/national entertainment. I think it's a thing in Japan, but maybe not as big. There are American teams and I know I've skimmed past them airing competitions in the past.

But I only know this from stumbling on an article on longform.org awhile back, where they were profiling the michael jordan of the "sport?".
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
duff
Donny

Post by duff »

There are plenty of professional eSports teams. They compete in many different games. Counter Strike, League of Legends, DOTA 2, Starcraft, and the list goes on. Many of the major teams are obviously from Korea as stated earlier. Some of these guys make quite a bit of change for playing these games. But it is more then just playing. They have scrims/practice for 8 hours a day. Some Koreans were scrimming upwards of 14 hours a day. Many of the North American and European players stream their games to make cash. Many ex-players do this also and make a fine living playing video games for eight hours a day. They also pimp out their services for coaching non-pros.
To quote both Bruce Prichard and Tony Schiavone, "Fuck Duff Meltzer."
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Just about everything in this thread from the original topic to the thread jack makes me want to live in another country.
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

brian wrote:Just about everything in this thread from the original topic to the thread jack makes me want to live in another country.
Korea or Japan?
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Rush2112 wrote:
brian wrote:Just about everything in this thread from the original topic to the thread jack makes me want to live in another country.
Korea or Japan?
Heh.

Also: https://reddit.com/r/punchablefaces" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

Perfect thread for this.

It didn't get Jamie Dimon. (Yet.) Rooting for Cancer vs this ultimate douche. Die a miserable horrible death, motherfucker. That'll be God's work.

http://www.goldmansachs.com/media-relat ... 22-15.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A Message from Lloyd Blankfein

To my colleagues, our clients and our shareholders,

Late this summer after several weeks of not feeling well, I underwent a series of tests, which culminated in a biopsy last week. After the biopsy, I was told by my doctors that I have lymphoma. Fortunately, my form of lymphoma is highly curable and my doctors' and my own expectation is that I will be cured.

My treatment plan will include chemotherapy over the next several months in New York. My doctors have advised me that during the treatment, I will be able to work substantially as normal, leading the firm. I will, however, reduce some of my previously planned travel during the treatment period. I have discussed this approach with our Board of Directors and they are supportive.

There are many people who are dealing with cancer every day. I draw on their experiences as I begin my own. I have a lot of energy and I'm anxious to begin the treatment. I appreciate your support and good wishes.

Lloyd

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Fuck.

I am about to sit down for a feast followed by a trip to synagogue to feel the power of community as we atone for our sins.

Followed by a full day of fasting, prayer and the feeling that we may not be perfect, but we do aspire to live good lives.

And then I remember that Blankfein is a Jew, and I have a terrible feeling that the other asshole may be as well, and I wonder about why we bother? Both specifically to my faith and generally as human beings. These people have shat all over everything that we as humans are supposed to aspire to. Maybe this is why religion still holds such attraction for so many intelligent people. The feeling that somehow, somewhere, there will be an accounting for the acts that we do on earth.

Their names should be blotted out.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

From your lips.

There is a verse from the Christian scripture, which I like a lot. There must be something expressing the same sentiment in the Jewish holy books.

Luke 18:11

"The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican."

eta: happy yom kippur

http://on.cc.com/1KKDEeh" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

howard wrote:From your lips.

There is a verse from the Christian scripture, which I like a lot. There must be something expressing the same sentiment in the Jewish holy books.

Luke 18:11

"The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican."

eta: happy yom kippur

http://on.cc.com/1KKDEeh" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thank you.

That is a great quote. Or verse.
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Love the tweet after his visit to Capital Hill today.
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/martin-sh ... 29457.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Here's a couple very punchable faces.

DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Not that I'm advocating punching women....
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

DaveInSeattle wrote:
I want to hit Ivanka in a completely different way. The same way Donald wants to. Tiffany, OTOH, was clearly punched in the face already.
-Pruitt
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

The Sybian wrote:
DaveInSeattle wrote:
I want to hit Ivanka in a completely different way. The same way Donald wants to. Tiffany, OTOH, was clearly punched in the face already.
Did they mention last night that Tiffany was moved out to California by her Mom (Marla Maples) to get her as far away from Trump as possible?
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

Pruitt wrote:Here's a couple very punchable faces.

Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Ted Cruz has the most punchable face I have ever seen. I don't even want to do a search to find it.

As much as I hate and fear Trump, it would have been months of pure hell if Cruz had gotten the nomination.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

Steve of phpBB wrote:Ted Cruz has the most punchable face I have ever seen. I don't even want to do a search to find it.
Yeah, and he'll fucking Zodiac you

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Milo Yiannopoulos

Milo Yiannopoulos Represents a New Force in Electoral Politics
At 4 p.m., Milo Yiannopoulos puts on a pair of glasses for the first time today. He examines himself in a mirror to see if he wants to add a gray suit to his purchases, which will push his bill to almost $12,000 at Savile Row’s Gieves & Hawkes. He’s buying clothes for his next round of college speeches in, as his bus announces in huge letters next to five giant photos of him, the Dangerous Faggot Tour. It resumed at Texas Tech University on Sept. 12 and is scheduled to hit campuses including Columbia, Dartmouth, the University of Alabama, and the University of California at Berkeley before concluding at UCLA in February. “I have ridiculously bad eyesight, but I have learned to live with an impressionistic view. Life is a Monet painting,” he says, taking off his glasses. “I wander around enjoying myopia.”
I hate that I know who this jackass is...
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

DaveInSeattle wrote:Milo Yiannopoulos

I hate that I know who this jackass is...
I completely agree. A one-man travelling freak show.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Just read that article on Bloomberg. I would say that he sounds completely deplorable if that word now somehow wasn't hijacked. And how awful does a person need to be to be banned from Twitter?

I haven't played video games regularly since Final Fantasy 7. Can someone explain Gamergate to me in latman's terms?
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.