Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Re: OFFICIAL War on Christmas thread

Post by Steve of phpBB »

wlu_lax6 wrote:
sancarlos wrote:
"We are stopping cold the attacks on Judeo-Christian values," Trump said to applause, before slamming people who don't say "Merry Christmas."
"They don't use the word Christmas because it is not politically correct," Trump said, complaining that department stores will use red and Christmas decorations but say "Happy New Year." "We're saying Merry Christmas again."

The comment drew thunderous applause.

Heated debates over the "War On Christmas" have raged for years, with many on the right complaining that political correctness has made it less acceptable to say Merry Christmas. Trump has seized on these feelings, regularly telling primarily religious audiences that his presidency has made it acceptable to "start saying Merry Christmas again."

"You go into a department store. When was the last time you saw 'Merry Christmas?' You don't see it anymore," Trump said on the campaign trail. "They want to be politically correct. If I'm president, you will see 'Merry Christmas' in department stores, believe me, believe me."

link

Bet his son-in-law and his folks are Psyc'd. from wikipedia---Kushner are his wife are Modern Orthodox Jews, keep a kosher home, and observe the Jewish Shabbat.

Luckily for them, they know he's completely full of shit and is probably the least godly person on the planet. And also know that they or their kids will never have to deal with things like store clerks.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

It's the most wonderful time of the year...
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Fox News must have cranked up the war this morning.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I'd love for someone to stage a fake Fox segment like "can you believe liberals are trying to change the name of toilet paper to 'private refreshers'???" or something like that and see how long it takes him to tweet.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

"Judeo-Christian values" have NOTHING to do with Walmart greeters wishing people "Merry Christmas" while they shop.

When I look at the three most famous Jews in America at the moment - Kushner, Ivanka and Harvey Weinstein - I just want to crawl into a fucking hole.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Last night saw an ad for "Bad Moms Christmas," which definitely looks like a piece of garbage, but which may qualify as the first Christmas ad of the year.

Judges?
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

DSafetyGuy wrote:Fox News must have cranked up the war this morning.

But with O'Reilly off the air, how is Fox going to win the War?
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

The Sybian wrote:
DSafetyGuy wrote:Fox News must have cranked up the war this morning.

But with O'Reilly off the air, how is Fox going to win the War?

Yea, he's the Chesty Puller of this shit.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

It's not science fiction. It's what we do every day.

Aim High.

Fly, fight, and win!

US Air Force Tweets Santa Isn't Real

Edit:

They had to retract, but still. Hilarious.

https://twitter.com/usairforce/status/9 ... 4000324608
Last edited by Johnnie on Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Thanks for ruining my kids' childhoods, Johnnie.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Proud to be here. Proud to serve.
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Johnnie wrote:It's not science fiction. It's what we do every day.

Aim High.

Fly, fight, and win!

US Air Force Tweets Santa Isn't Real

Edit:

They had to retract, but still. Hilarious.

https://twitter.com/usairforce/status/9 ... 4000324608

Until now I never really thought of the Air Force as a Jewish Elementary School Student.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Well our current Chief of Staff is Jewish, sooooo.....
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

This is a war on Christmas I can get behind.

Cake-Flavored Pepsi Coming To Japan
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Johnnie wrote:This is a war on Christmas I can get behind.

Cake-Flavored Pepsi Coming To Japan

A war on Christmas or a war on Japan. Either one works.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Japan loves that shit. They have 51 flavors of Kit Kat.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Jerloma wrote:Japan loves that shit. They have 51 flavors of Kit Kat.

Many of which are deeelicious!

But the sake flavoured Kit Kat is disgusting.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

The green tea one isn't bad.
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

In a statement to The Sun, an Amazon spokesperson gave parents an easy out, should their kids have any questions.

"Father Christmas and his elves are no doubt working around the clock to get presents to girls and boys around the world. These are just a few extra to give a little love from parents.”

Well there you have it. Who says journalism is dead?
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Christmas, Ted, what does that mean to you? It was living hell. Do you know what it's like falling in the mud and getting kicked, in the head? With an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does, that never happens. Sorry, Ted, it's a dumb question, skip that.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

My belief in freedom of religion goes far enough to not care about the Satanic Temple, but I really don't get that at all. Being an atheist I get, actually believing in the Judeo-Christian construct of good and evil angels and picking the evil side is just dumb. I get that a lot of them are doing it ironically or to troll society or for any number of reasons beyond "true belief" but it still seems super dumb to me.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

My knowledge is pretty limited but most satanists don't believe in actual deities, they're just symbols for humanistic philosophy.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Satan shows up in the bible twice. In the Eden story, whether they take it literally or allegorically, most Xtians interpret the serpent to be Satan. All he did in that story was tell a woman that she wouldn't die from eating an apple. All that resulted in eating that apple was an emancipation from ignorance. There's nothing evil about it at all.

Then, he hung out with the J-man in the desert for 40 days before his return to Jerusalem. Nothing even remotely noteworthy happened there.

Anyway, they don't worship Satan. It's just a provocative and super-effective way to bring attention to church/state separation issues.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

P.D.X. wrote:My knowledge is pretty limited but most satanists don't believe in actual deities, they're just symbols for humanistic philosophy.

Probably should consider a re-branding then.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I could make a semi-reasonable devil's advocate (pun!) argument for a literal satanist: If you believe in the bible and the concept that bad behavior should be punished by a god, but also that many of the protagonists of the bible were actually really bad and unpunished by god, Satan could become the default positive deity.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Jerloma wrote:Satan shows up in the bible twice. In the Eden story, whether they take it literally or allegorically, most Xtians interpret the serpent to be Satan. All he did in that story was tell a woman that she wouldn't die from eating an apple. All that resulted in eating that apple was an emancipation from ignorance. There's nothing evil about it at all.

Then, he hung out with the J-man in the desert for 40 days before his return to Jerusalem. Nothing even remotely noteworthy happened there.

Anyway, they don't worship Satan. It's just a provocative and super-effective way to bring attention to church/state separation issues.

Don't Pastafarians make that point a lot more cleverly?

ETA: OK, maybe not because of the whole idea of Christian morality being firmly against Satan, so I'll concede that, but it just seems like trolling, which I'm so over trolling these days. Any possible enjoyment I could have ever gotten over trolling people has been killed dead by Trumpism.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Oh, it's definitely trolling but at least it's trolling for an important cause.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

brian wrote:ETA: OK, maybe not because of the whole idea of Christian morality being firmly against Satan, so I'll concede that, but it just seems like trolling, which I'm so over trolling these days. Any possible enjoyment I could have ever gotten over trolling people has been killed dead by Trumpism.

You could grandfather them in since they were, like, the original trolls.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

brian wrote:
Jerloma wrote:Satan shows up in the bible twice. In the Eden story, whether they take it literally or allegorically, most Xtians interpret the serpent to be Satan. All he did in that story was tell a woman that she wouldn't die from eating an apple. All that resulted in eating that apple was an emancipation from ignorance. There's nothing evil about it at all.

Don't Pastafarians make that point a lot more cleverly?

ETA: OK, maybe not because of the whole idea of Christian morality being firmly against Satan, so I'll concede that, but it just seems like trolling, which I'm so over trolling these days. Any possible enjoyment I could have ever gotten over trolling people has been killed dead by Trumpism.

The entire point of their branding is to get attention. Fundamental Christians hear the word "Satanic Temple" and freak out. If they called themselves Pastafarians, nobody would care. Their beliefs as a pseudo-religious group are extremely normal and similar to humanists. Their purpose in their tactics is to make sure all religions are treated equally. When Bible Belt public schools hand out Bibles, they will hand out Satanic Temple books. When the Christians freak the fuck out, the Christians realize if they are proselytizing in public schools or putting religious displays in City Hall, they have to let other religions do the same thing, and they don't want children exposed to Satanic Temple stuff. If they had a palatable, non-threatening name, they wouldn't get attention. The Satanic Temple doesn't hand out pamphlets to convert people, they hand out pamphlets to draw a contrast so Christians see what it's like to have unwanted religion thrown at you in government settings. The Christian religion pushers can't see that they are wrong to push their shit on others through the government, because they see their religion as the one true religion, so it's different when they push their religion. For the most part, Christians will tolerate a menorah next to the manger at City Hall, but will freak if the word Satan is involved. They also play off an irony that Satan is a Christian construct, so you can't believe in Satan without believing in the Bible.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

Pretty disappointed that Starbucks isn't persecuting Christians this year.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

P.D.X. wrote:Pretty disappointed that Starbucks isn't persecuting Christians this year.

But at least they are promoting teh gay.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Based on what I've saw on various tv movies and Rosemary's Baby, those guys were actively worshipping Lucifer, not faking it to piss off fundamentalists. (Which takes me back to Brian's point about choosing to root for the worse team.)
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

sancarlos wrote:Based on what I've saw on various tv movies and Rosemary's Baby, those guys were actively worshipping Lucifer, not faking it to piss off fundamentalists. (Which takes me back to Brian's point about choosing to root for the worse team.)

Those are Luciferians.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

I once sat next to the leader of the satanic church of Portland at a brew pub and he had one of the hottest girls you could imagine with him. This guy:

Diabolus Rex (real name: Kenneth Barton)
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

Steve of phpBB wrote:
P.D.X. wrote:Pretty disappointed that Starbucks isn't persecuting Christians this year.

But at least they are promoting teh gay.

I looked closer at this year's cup and noticed they included a pair of solid red cups from last year in the graphic. A+.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

sancarlos wrote:https://twitter.com/JasperAvi/status/940434365909295104
https://twitter.com/IvankaTrump/status/ ... 3638363137

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2377