Godless III - Completing The Trinity

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Johnnie
The Dude

Re: Godless III - Completing The Trinity

Post by Johnnie »

Shirley wrote:[Maybe not 100% appropriate for an 11-year-old.

Neither is getting fucked, but the Catholic church doesn't seem to mind.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Shirley wrote:
Maybe not 100% appropriate for an 11-year-old.

Barely appropriate for a 25 year old! But really good.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

rass wrote:I had never heard of eruvs before reading this article.

Religion is nuts you guys!

Yup. 10 years of Hebrew School, 3 days a week for 2 hours, and I first heard about eruvs a couple years ago, probably from a Swamp post. I read something about the wire eruv that covers parts of Manhattan. Fucking childish nonsense, and a lame ass excuse to break silly 3,000 year old superstitious rules. I wish I knew about the "Sabbath Goy" years ago, I would have exploited some Hassids over that. [Hassidic Jews can't "do work" on the Sabbath, which includes things like using electricity, so they pay non-Jews to do whit like turn on their air conditioner]. If you don't want to live without A/C, drop the fucking charade and leave the dark ages behind already.

OTOH, who gives a fuck if there is a plastic tube on a telephone pole in your town. No harm, who gives a fuck?
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

rass wrote:I had never heard of eruvs before reading this article.

Religion is nuts you guys!

One of those in my area. But it was done with city permission. So much time and energy spent just to exploit a loophole in a rule.

Timers on electrical devices is another big one. See the machinery can be used, but a righteous man can't be the one who flips the switch. Hence the "Shabbos Goy," a non-Jewish person who will do stuff around the house on Saturday.

Once at a religious neighbour's for dinner, another very orthodox neighbour told a story of walking to the hospital to see his mother after her heart attack. A summer Saturday, he walked the 9 miles to the hospital, and then up the 8 flights of stairs. But when he got to the icu, there was a buzzer he had to push to get in. Waited 10 minutes or so, then a Jewish guy came and pushed the buzzer. Guy opened the door for my neighbour, but HE WOULDN'T GO IN because the buzzer had been pushed by a Jew!

The religious folks at the table laughed at this. They of course could relate to such an inconvenience. My wife and I kicked each other under the table. Unreal.

Not long after, a non-Jewish nurse came by and let him in.

And of course what he didn't add is that after visiting his deathly-ill mother, he then had to walk 9 miles home in the heat.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Jerloma, this one is right up your alley. Here's how it starts:

Yesterday, amid continuing white Evangelical freakout about a black man who refused to stand for the national anthem in order to protest racial injustice–a dog bites man story in and of itself, of course, or at least it should be–The Washington Post published Michael Frost’s “Colin Kaepernick vs. Tim Tebow: A Tale of Two Christians on their Knees,” as part of its Acts of Faith series. This response will not be so much a blog post about Kaepernick and Tebow as about WaPo’s failure to cover conservative Evangelicalism with a sufficiently critical lens. And damn, for a paper that adopted the slogan “Democracy Dies in Darkness” earlier this year, WaPo sure seems determined to keep the public in the dark about the toxicity of conservative Evangelical subculture, to the point where a more honest slogan, with respect to the paper’s coverage of Christianity, might be “Sure, democracy dies in darkness, but far be it from us to speak ill of Mordor.”...[more]
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

I wasn't even aware that Kaepernick was doing this with his Xtianity as a motive. I never even heard him mention it.

I don't know...it seems like when you have the same religion being the impetus for completely opposite actions and working counter-productively against each other while worshiping the same deity and the same shitty book...it should be obvious to even the least critical mind that "Hey...maybe this is all bullshit."
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Ainsley Earhardt has a theory this this guy was passing by and heard Big & Rich singing God Bless America and got so pissed off that he went out and bought twelve semi-automatic weapons, rented a hotel room, and killed 59 people...within an hour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... m3XtqQwvWE
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Jerloma wrote:Ainsley Earhardt has a theory this this guy was passing by and heard Big & Rich singing God Bless America and got so pissed off that he went out and bought twelve semi-automatic weapons, rented a hotel room, and killed 59 people...within an hour.

Man, so much wrong with the "reporting" in that clip, and I didn't even see half of it. Starting with Kilmede saying "we don't know who to hate, we don't know enough about [the shooter] to hate him yet..." If he was black, or Muslim, he would be easy to hate, but since he is White and not a Muslim like me, it's hard to dehumanize him. Poor Kilmede...

Then Laura Ingraham, who gets made the victim for having to host a new show amidst the chaos, and one of her colleagues actually said she had to host her show as a "trial by fire." FFS. Laura blames secularism for the shooting, because, "we've done a lot to kick Christianity, God, to the curb... We can talk about climate change in school, but can't have a moment of silence." Then she said she feels sorry for the shooter because he doesn't have God. Kilmede actually jumped in and said he knows non-religious people who are good people, and it is possible to not be evil without being religious. I'm actually surprised he summoned the courage to say this, but it is disgusting that it needed saying. Fuck Laura.

Then they brought on a Forensic Psychologist, "to take us inside the mind of the killer." I watched, as I went through a phase in college where I wanted to be a forensic psychologist, until I read a memoir of guy who created the FBI Profiling unit, and how the job complete destroyed his psyche and life, but that is for another day. The asshole started off credibly, then a minute in completely went off the rails, saying the shooter targeted the crowd because CNN dehumanizes gun enthusiasts, so the shooter targeted a country music festival, knowing every single person would be a gun enthusiast, so he could kill them, fueled by the hatred CNN created against gun enthusiasts. Ummm, I don't know what definition this asshole uses for "gun enthusiast," but unless TT was in the crowd, it's a safe bet the shooter is more of a gun enthusiast than anyone he injured. He actually demanded CNN apologize for how they dehumanize gun enthusiasts and led to this guy shooting into a crowd because he hates gun owners.
-Pruitt
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

My kid's friend got me a dancing dashboard J-man for Xmas. I'm more excited about this than you can possibly imagine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKnufrKWQAg
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Do something about those cords. WTF, you monster.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

I know. I just renovated and completely forgot about the chords until after we put the sheet rock up.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

If your mum is like mine, she’s gonna smack you upside the head when she sees that guy dancing on your dashboard!
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

sancarlos wrote:If your mum is like mine, she’s gonna smack you upside the head when she sees that guy dancing on your dashboard!

His mum died, so it's all good.
-Pruitt
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Statue unveiled at Australian school of St. Martin de Porres (no, I've never heard of him either).

It wasn't in plain view for long...

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-42075110
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Ha! It looks like a penis.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Your penis has score marks?
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

mister d wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:12 am Your penis has score marks?
If you're not grilling your dick you're not exploring your sexual space.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Jerloma wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:57 am Ha! It looks like a penis.
Your kid, a couple of times an hour watching GoT.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Pruitt wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:59 am Statue unveiled at Australian school of St. Martin de Porres (no, I've never heard of him either).

It wasn't in plain view for long...

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-42075110
I forgot you're Jewish. If you were raised Catholic you know who St. Martin de Porres is.

(He's actually the patron saint of mixed-race peoples and racial harmony. As far of saints go, you could do a lot worse.)
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

You think Catholics know who all their saints are?
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Knowledge of saints is directly related to the names of catholic schools where you grew up. I know who de Porres is. (Patron saint of the penis-in-the-hot-dog-bun trick.)
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Jerloma wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:39 am You think Catholics know who all their saints are?
Certainly not all, but they know a lot of the big ones and dePorres would qualify. Like Mister D said, if you live in a huge city, there are going to be dozens of churches and high schools and at least one is going to be named after most if not all of the apostles, dePorres, Thomas Aquinas, St. Mary, St. John Baptist de la Salle, etc.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

I went to LaSalle Academy and I actually had no idea until now that it was named after a saint.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

That doesn't disprove the point, it just means you're an idiot.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

That was kinda mean.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

You're right. I'm sorry.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

It's okay. Question for you though. If Don Mattingly is the best Yankee to never have played in a world series, who would be the second best? Rags?
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Jerloma wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:11 pm It's okay. Question for you though. If Don Mattingly is the best Yankee to never have played in a world series, who would be the second best? Rags?
Giancarlo Stanton.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Depending on how loose your definition of "Yankee" is, I imagine Abreu is up there.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Ichiro
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Is RF cursed???????
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

mister d wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:56 pm Is RF cursed???????
Geez...what would you call that curse it if it was true?
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Riots in Indian cities on eve of Hindu queen film release
A group of about 150 women belonging to the Rajput caste threatened Wednesday to burn themselves alive if the film was released.

"The government should either ban the film, or give us the permission to kill ourselves," one of the women told Indian broadcaster Times Now.
Goes without saying, that no one has actually seen this movie yet. Religious hysteria stoked by rumours...
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

I'd like to give the evangelicals in this country permission to kill themselves.

Also, Patriot fans.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Jerloma wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:21 am This is a good example of how low atheists are still viewed among the general public. There's this big mayoral race going on in Nashville, and one of the candidates started a campaign "accusing" the other one of being an atheist. Now, I understand that you'd have a hard time winning an election anywhere in this country as an atheist, let alone Nashville so this is something that she'd want to respond to. You'd think just clarifying that it's not true would be sufficient though? Wait for it...
“There have been a lot of comments from my opponent and a lot of really not nice things said about me,” Barry said. “So let me just start off with, I’m a Christian."

“My faith is something I will always take with me into the mayor’s office,” she said. “I know this is such a pivotal election for Nashville. We’ve already seen what a Super PAC will do and what a Super PAC is capable of talking about. I would like to reach out to Bordeaux, where a minister recently received an anonymous call saying I want you to make sure you tell your church that Megan is an atheist.

“That’s just hurtful, and I wish we were in a place that this wasn’t the kind of campaign that was going to be run, but I don’t think it is. As we move forward, I need all of you to help me get out the vote.”
What the hell is that shit? This isn't even a devout person and she feels the need to attack atheists, when it's the Christian dude who lied in the first place.

For those of you rolling your eyes, pretend for a second that she was "accused" of being black, or Jewish, or gay, and her response was that they were saying mean and hurtful things about her. What kind of public backlash would ensue? Atheist though? Have at it. It's fucking bullshit.
welp...

(I thought she had been discussed elsewhere, as she was in the news last summer when her son OD'd)
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

How did no one attack J-Lo for comparing being atheist to being black or gay?
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

mister d wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:30 am How did no one attack J-Lo for comparing being atheist to being black or gay?
Interesting thought, have I been inclined more often to conceal being Jewish, or being an Atheist? Clearly depends on who I am talking to or what region I am in, but I've definitely lied about or avoided discussing both.
-Pruitt
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Being atheist is no more of a choice than being black or gay...it's just easier to hide.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

mister d wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:30 am How did no one attack J-Lo for comparing being atheist to being black or gay?
I dunno, I think it's okay to make a comparison like that, being on a limited subject.

If J-Lo had said "Being an atheist in America is harder than being gay or black," that'd be dumb.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.