Godless III - Completing The Trinity

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Jerloma
The Dude

Re: Godless III - Completing The Trinity

Post by Jerloma »

Lord of the flies?
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Ya know...because frogs like flies, guys. COME ON!!!
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

I was just going to post a compliment for that one, but then you ruined it by feeling compelled to explain...
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

Jerloma wrote:Some of you guys might have heard of Dr. Ken Miller? He's a renowned evolutionary biologist and probably mostly known for completely dismantling Intelligent Design at the Dover Trial in 05 when they tried to sneak this crap into the science classrooms in PA (Great Nova Documentary here).

Anyway, I took a little dig at him in a blog post about Bobby Jindal and he actually came across it somehow and responded to me. Pretty cool...
“Art Vandalay” wrote: “I know we’re supposed to be bagging on Jindal here but that’s too easy. I don’t get Ken Miller. I mean, he’s obviously an extremely intelligent and competent evolutionary biologist and he did all that great work in Dover, completely dismantling ID. At the end of the day, the guy believes in theistic evolution. He believes that what’s been going on with natural selection over the last 3 billion years or so has been a divinely guided process with homo-sapiens being the intended result of all of it. I simply fail to see how that’s any more scientific than ID.”

No, I don’t believe that natural selection is a “divinely guided process,” and I’ve stated that clearly time and time again. I accept the evidence, which is that evolution is a fully-naturalistis process, and that the outcome of that process is not predetermined or guided by outside forces.
Here’s the difference between my view (which is the mainstream scientific view) and ID: I believe that natural processes were fully sufficient to bring about the world of life we see today. An ID-er believes that they were not. Clear enough?

– Ken Miller
Troll!
ZMan
Brandt

Post by ZMan »

Saw J-Lo out on the road today...
Orange Whip? Orange Whip? Three Orange Whips!
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

Pretty gutsy to put that on a van in southwestern Virginia. Appalachia isn't really the best place to mock Christians.
Totally Kafkaesque
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

I'm pretty sure they're mostly too dumb to get the point. Come to think of it, I'm not even sure what the point is. Is it just like another version of FSM?
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

I figured it was just a play on Sagan/Satan, what with the pentogram and all.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

AB_skin_test wrote:I figured it was just a play on Sagan/Satan, what with the pentogram and all.
Oh, yeah. That probably makes sense too.

Church stage catches on fire during resurrection reenactment...

I like how Jesus is like "Fuck it...the show must go on."
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

A congregation dying in a fire during an Easter celebration? Yeah, I'm going with irony on that one.
Totally Kafkaesque
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Listening to the Joe Rogan posdcast and he's reading from the book of Ezekiel. He notes this passage, 4:12:
Eat the food as you would a loaf of barley bread; bake it in the sight of the people, using human excrement for fuel.
And he continued reading with the UFO shit. 4 dudes that were like human with 4 faces and 4 wings and shit. Just ridic.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Second child of faith-healing couple dies after no medical care. Because after watching one child die that could have been saved by a couple of Tylenol, a judge decides parents only deserve probation and get to keep custody of their other 7 children, citing Pennsylvania law...
If, upon investigation, the county agency determines that a child has not been provided needed medical or surgical care because of seriously held religious beliefs of the child’s parents, guardian or person responsible for the child’s welfare, which beliefs are consistent with those of a bona fide religion, the child will not be deemed to be physically or mentally abused.
Now two kids are dead as the parents did nothing but try to invoke a deity they've never met. It's not like they don't love their children either. They love their children just as much as any of us...they've just been brought up in an environment that embraces ignorance. You tell someone their whole life that God answers prayers of the most faithful and nobody ever questions that belief or challenges it out of religious respect, this is consequence.
Medical insurance, hospital fees, and prescription costs today are enormous, but a believer receives healing for free.

If anyone has more faith in doctors and drugs, than they have in the living God and the risen Savior, their salvation would be in serious jeopardy.
The parents will probably get some mild jail sentence now but nothing will happen to the judge, the pastor, or the lawmakers, all of whom have blood all over their hands. This is why it's important not to respect religious beliefs. This is why blasphemy is an absolute necessity and it's why the people who are making their own brand of Christianity just so it fits their pre-existing worldview while they can still reap the social advantages of being a Christian in this country are doing it wrong. If you believe that you have a personal relationship with a god-man who had himself killed so he could forgive you for the way he created you, so be it, but you should wear that shit on your sleeve. Otherwise, you're providing harbor for the fucking lunatics. In a rational society, that judge would have never been allowed to continue to work and those lawmakers would have never gotten voted in and those pastors would be seen as nothing more than cult leaders...virtually incapable of infecting society the way that we allow them to today.
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

The post office hates atheists.

http://www.upworthy.com/the-one-word-yo ... ed-on-time" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Totally Kafkaesque
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

This is not to say that atheists aren't discriminated against in this country but it's possible that tape with words slows down the shipping too. I think in order to be a valid control, you'd have to send out an equal amount of packages with tape that has different words. I'd suggest "cunt punt."
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

I heard an awesome quote the other night (paraphrasing)... "People have become so accustomed to hearing nothing but whispering about religion that when someone speaks in a normal voice, it sounds like a shout."

Truth.

Nothing to do with that, but it's funny...

Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Some of you guys might remember that case a town over from me where the high school girl had the prayer banner taken down at her HS upon hordes of rape and death threats. Here's a little segment on it for an upcoming PBS documentary on the constitution. For the money shot, go to 6:40 to hear the guy that wrote the prayer to explain that he doesn't give a shit about the minority.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I bet the devil wears Nantucket Reds, too.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

So here's 5 minutes of high school kids whining about how they're being persecuted for their Christianity. It's as fantastic as you'd expect.

The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Jerloma wrote:So here's 5 minutes of high school kids whining about how they're being persecuted for their Christianity. It's as fantastic as you'd expect.

I was writing a script to MST 3000 in my head while watching that. First, was it necessary to put an American flag on the ground and symbolically melt ice on it? Why do they hate the flag and America? Instead of worrying about praying in school, half those kids should be worrying about learning how to read. FFS.

"Contrary to popular belief [and incontrovertible FACTS], this is a Christian Nation!"
-So sick of this. The entire purpose of the Colonists fleeing religious persecution was to flee State sponsored religions, so they could practice religions other than the State sponsored or forced religion. Get a fucking clue. You and your religion don't get preferential treatment, so stop fucking whining.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

The Sybian wrote:"Contrary to popular belief [and incontrovertible FACTS], this is a Christian Nation!"
-So sick of this. The entire purpose of the Colonists fleeing religious persecution was to flee State sponsored religions, so they could practice religions other than the State sponsored or forced religion. Get a fucking clue. You and your religion don't get preferential treatment, so stop fucking whining.
Dude, I don't think there's one grievance in that entire piece that isn't either a blatant lie or little bit of a lie. Well...it's true that kids are allowed to tell dirty jokes but I never knew that was persecuting Christians.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Jerloma wrote:
The Sybian wrote:"Contrary to popular belief [and incontrovertible FACTS], this is a Christian Nation!"
Dude, I don't think there's one grievance in that entire piece that isn't either a blatant lie or little bit of a lie. Well...it's true that kids are allowed to tell dirty jokes but I never knew that was persecuting Christians.
But it subjects them to immorality!
-Pruitt
ZMan
Brandt

Post by ZMan »

Worse than the whining is the cheering for the days when this deviant shit just wasn't tolerated.
Scottie
Donny

Post by Scottie »

Jerloma wrote:So here's 5 minutes of high school kids whining about how they're being persecuted for their Christianity. It's as fantastic as you'd expect.
"Some even call us Hateful, Hypocrites, Un-loving, Close-minded, Bigots . . . "

Yep. That would be because you are hateful, hypocritical, close-minded and bigoted.

And then the teens all sent nekkid cell phones pics to each other, had buttsecks because it wasn't "like having real sex" and bullied each other on Facebook.
Your own personal AR-15 wielding Jesus
ZMan
Brandt

Post by ZMan »

Am I the only one sick and tired of people quoting the goddamned Declaration of Independence as if it's any sort of legal document?
Don't get me wrong, I'm not slighting it, I still think it's one of the most important historical documents ever, but it's absolutely not law. Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness are fucking extremely vague ideas, mentioned as sort of a philosophy, not as concrete, iron-clad laws.

Also, I kind of get a kick out of how the cross tumbles to the ground after thawing. Not the sort of imagery they were going for methinks.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

ZMan wrote:Also, I kind of get a kick out of how the cross tumbles to the ground after thawing. Not the sort of imagery they were going for methinks.
You're right. That makes no sense at all. Isn't the cross supposed to come out victorious after the thaw? Who the fuck directed this shit?
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

ZMan wrote:

Also, I kind of get a kick out of how the cross tumbles to the ground after thawing. Not the sort of imagery they were going for methinks.
Perfect ending, I thought.
-Pruitt
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

North Miami mayoral candidate gets an endorsement from JC. If only he were allowed to vote in her district.

Scottie
Donny

Post by Scottie »

Turns out that she's a former Haitian pop star of some local renown. I thought, at first, that "Suk Sou Bonbon" was either her stripper name, hooker name, or the worst campaign slogan ever.

(Warning: This is awful)

When the first word of your song title translates as "sucks", that's a bit of a red flag.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Yup...that was awful.

After apparently resolving every significant issue in the state, Texas House of Representatives just passed a bill protecting the rights of citizens to say "Merry Christmas."
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Jerloma wrote:Yup...that was awful.

After apparently resolving every significant issue in the state, Texas House of Representatives just passed a bill protecting the rights of citizens to say "Merry Christmas."
It's about damned time.

Are they also going to release all of the people who have already been locked up for saying Merry Christmas, or are those people going to have to serve out their life terms?
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Todd Stieffel, a millionaire philanthropist that funds a whole bunch of secular causes went on the Jesse Peterson show. This is the most mind-numbing interview I think I've ever heard. I can't even point out one thing because it would be doing everything else an injustice.

Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

That's fantastic. Great setup.
Totally Kafkaesque
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Excellent.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

So good.
degenerasian
The Dude

Post by degenerasian »

Jerloma wrote:North Miami mayoral candidate gets an endorsement from JC. If only he were allowed to vote in her district.
To be fair, I don't see anything in her platform that Jesus would be against. I find it much more annoying when gun-toting "freedom-loving" xenophobic nutjobs invoke Jesus, as if he was some kind of redneck good ol' boy messiah who'd be all for armed home defence and keeping the ragheads out of the country.
Kung Fu movies are like porn. There's 1 on 1, then 2 on 1, then a group scene..
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

degenerasian wrote:
Jerloma wrote:North Miami mayoral candidate gets an endorsement from JC. If only he were allowed to vote in her district.
To be fair, I don't see anything in her platform that Jesus would be against. I find it much more annoying when gun-toting "freedom-loving" xenophobic nutjobs invoke Jesus, as if he was some kind of redneck good ol' boy messiah who'd be all for armed home defence and keeping the ragheads out of the country.
That probably explains why she only got 56 votes.
kranepool
Bunny Lebowski

Post by kranepool »

mini puke to 1,558
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Thanks for making us a deadly tornado, Jesus!
Scottie
Donny

Post by Scottie »

And she is getting attacked on her Twitter account now? Wolf Blitzer should be the one getting attacked. Really wish she had said something like "God is for feeble idiots that can't deal with the fact that there is no God. Look around, reporter, count the dead. Count the dead kids. Are you thanking the "lord" for killing them?"

But I'd also like to have seen her say "Are you really this stupid? Is anybody?"

Whoever she is, I love her. Under that sort of stress, on national television with an asshole sticking a mic in her face, and she still conducts herself with complete class in dismissing Blitzer's moron question.