NCAA Hockey

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Re: NCAA Hockey

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Ryan wrote:I mean, that's practically free for any sporting event these days but I think I'd need a campus atmosphere and something on the line to go to a women's college hockey game. It's pretty slow

Cosign.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

brian wrote:
Ryan wrote:I mean, that's practically free for any sporting event these days but I think I'd need a campus atmosphere and something on the line to go to a women's college hockey game. It's pretty slow

I say this only half-jokingly, but my final decision would come down to how much beers cost at the arena not how much the tickets cost.

No Beer

The Kettler is the Caps practice facility. It sits on top of the parking lot at a mall that is being demolished/rebuilt. It has 2 NHL sized rinks (only one with stands) and a small coffee shop and a larger Caps Store and a decent hockey/figure skating pro shop. Lots of locker rooms, a few kid party spaces, and some space on the 2nd floor for letting teams do meetings and off ice conditioning work. I actually spent Kol Nidre watching NC State lose to GW (high school friends son is a freshmen for the Ice Pack...and was scratched for the game).

Every year over President's day weekend they host a huge top level youth girls tournament. I have taken my daughter to watch the Little Cesar's teams (from Detroit) play (they are very good).
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Gaze upon the names, hair, and overall photogenics of this year's Hobey Baker fan vote nominees
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Never really read about Hobey Baker...
Interesting..from Lower Merion, Pa (so he and the Mamba and a former boss of mine have that in common). Played football (captain), hockey (captain), and baseball but Princeton had a rule you could only play 2 sports so he quit baseball. Also noted for starting the post game handshake (Princeton v. Penn State). In both the college hockey and college football hall of fame. Died flying a recently repaired plane for a test flight (while he had orders to return home in his pocket).
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Ryan wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:08 am Gaze upon the names, hair, and overall photogenics of this year's Hobey Baker fan vote nominees
It might've been quicker to show all the pictures of the guys who weren't nominated.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian