The Glass In My Foot

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Re: The Glass In My Foot

Post by Steve of phpBB »

howard wrote:The two charges, I'm not sure, could be one for surgery, one for recovery room. Or, if you got something fancy for pain control, like an epidural that would be a separate charge.
Could it be one charge for the anesthesiologist and one for the drugs? Or does it not work like that?
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

Steve of phpBB wrote:Could it be one charge for the anesthesiologist and one for the drugs? Or does it not work like that?
I suppose. I don't do bullshit like that (of course), but it has been several years since I worked in a surgicenter or hospital, and such shenanigans are possible, even likely. World has changed.

In a couple of days, they are (very likely) going to close a big hospital in Manhattan, Beth Israel. The third of four hospitals south of 17th Street to shutter in about ten years. This one lost ~$90 million each of the last two years, after ~$20 million annual loss before that (coincided with a merger/hostile takeover by Mount Sinai, so in part there is likely shady accounting.

The point is, this takeover, strip of assets, play accounting games, shut down, dump debt, sell the real estate is the typical game plan of the vulture private equity games from private industry (best practiced by the last GOP presidential nominee), brought to essential health and medical care for a huge chunk of the wealthiest city in America. Of course, the medical school attached to Mount Sinai is vanity branded the "Icann School of Medicine." Also the Icann school of destroying a vital hospital that has served the community for over 100 years, because Free Markets!

And the point is, such money grabbing bullshit is now at the top, and at the bottom (J-Lo's hospital bill) and everywhere in between of this industry. Just like any other industry. Except for the life and death, pain and suffering part.
Who knows? Maybe, you were kidnapped, tied up, taken away and held for ransom.

Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

howard wrote:
Steve of phpBB wrote:Could it be one charge for the anesthesiologist and one for the drugs? Or does it not work like that?
I suppose. I don't do bullshit like that (of course), but it has been several years since I worked in a surgicenter or hospital, and such shenanigans are possible, even likely. World has changed.

In a couple of days, they are (very likely) going to close a big hospital in Manhattan, Beth Israel. The third of four hospitals south of 17th Street to shutter in about ten years. This one lost ~$90 million each of the last two years, after ~$20 million annual loss before that (coincided with a merger/hostile takeover by Mount Sinai, so in part there is likely shady accounting.

The point is, this takeover, strip of assets, play accounting games, shut down, dump debt, sell the real estate is the typical game plan of the vulture private equity games from private industry (best practiced by the last GOP presidential nominee), brought to essential health and medical care for a huge chunk of the wealthiest city in America. Of course, the medical school attached to Mount Sinai is vanity branded the "Icann School of Medicine." Also the Icann school of destroying a vital hospital that has served the community for over 100 years, because Free Markets!

And the point is, such money grabbing bullshit is now at the top, and at the bottom (J-Lo's hospital bill) and everywhere in between of this industry. Just like any other industry. Except for the life and death, pain and suffering part.

THANKS OBAMA
FIFY.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

howard wrote:

That's OK, you can always get rushed to another hospital 3 or 4 miles away. Should just add a minute or two to the ambulance ride.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

Yeah, Bellevue ER traffic increased about 20% after St. Vincents closed. This will make it an even tougher place to work.
Who knows? Maybe, you were kidnapped, tied up, taken away and held for ransom.

Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Oh man, I didn't swallow a multi-vitamin correctly this morning and now I feel like it's just sort of sitting somewhere in the middle of my chest. So annoying!
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

Did you try swallowing some more stuff?
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

More? I'll try anything at this point. Thanks!
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

rass wrote:Good Lord, not again! I wore socks all morning, too!

Again!!!

Had to take off my shoe and sock in the middle of soccer tournament.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

What the fuck is wrong with your cleaning skills?
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Stop being barefoot all the time.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

I mean, at some point you're growing the moherfucker.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

A_B wrote:I mean, at some point you're growing the moherfucker.
I'm glad I took a picture last time, because yesterday was in my heel.

And I'm blaming my dog.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

rass wrote:
A_B wrote:I mean, at some point you're growing the moherfucker.
I'm glad I took a picture last time, because yesterday was in my heel.

And I'm blaming my dog.
I have hair that grows from a lot of different places. Many unwanted.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Buy a fucking broom!
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Is this a kitchen floor joke?
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

He said on FB last night that he stepped on another piece of glass in his bedroom.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

rass wrote:He said on FB last night that he stepped on another piece of glass in his bedroom.

Threw a stuffed animal at the TV in his bedroom?
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Two spots too! I have double the chance of a shard of glass getting stuck in there.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Johnnie wrote:Stop being barefoot all the time.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

How do you keep breaking glass in your bedroom?
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Can we make a Fire Pro Wrestling guy with olde-tyme black and yellow pajamas on and give him Stone Cold's entrance music?
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

sancarlos wrote:How do you keep breaking glass in your bedroom?

Last time someone knocked a perfume bottle off the bureau, and this time the hammering from the renovation downstairs knocked a snow globe off the bureau.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Jerloma wrote:
sancarlos wrote:How do you keep breaking glass in your bedroom?

Last time someone knocked a perfume bottle off the bureau, and this time the hammering from the renovation downstairs knocked a snow globe off the bureau.

Plus all the stuffed animals thrown through the TV.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Kicked something this morning, then noticed my foot felt sticky later, but I had on socks and slides and just thought I stepped in water.

Thoughts and prayers if you can spare them.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Unless you are posing that foot somehow, the blood is the least of your worries.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Yeah.... I was holding it out there odd.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Didn't mean to be a dick on Christmas Eve, but apparently couldn't help myself.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

No prob. That you had even the slightest pang of guilt over judging my bloody ugly yet completely functional foot is all I need for Christmas.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Had my first USTA Mixed match of the season yesterday. Up 6-1, 5-0, serving at match point, 40-30. Hit a perfect ace down the middle that landed right on the T and dude called it wide. I wasn't going to say anything obviously we were going to win anyway.

Very next serve at deuce...SNAP! Ruptured achilles. People heard it on the court over.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Jerloma wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:07 pm Had my first USTA Mixed match of the season yesterday. Up 6-1, 5-0, serving at match point, 40-30. Hit a perfect ace down the middle that landed right on the T and dude called it wide. I wasn't going to say anything obviously we were going to win anyway.

Very next serve at deuce...SNAP! Ruptured achilles. People heard it on the court over.
Oh shit!

Sorry to hear this.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Jerloma wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:07 pm Had my first USTA Mixed match of the season yesterday. Up 6-1, 5-0, serving at match point, 40-30. Hit a perfect ace down the middle that landed right on the T and dude called it wide. I wasn't going to say anything obviously we were going to win anyway.

Oh no....that sucks!
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

ahhh!
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Nightmare.
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I know I've said it here before but nothing (realistically) terrifies me more than an achilles injury. Is it as horrific as I've always assumed?
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

mister d wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:18 pm I know I've said it here before but nothing (realistically) terrifies me more than an achilles injury. Is it as horrific as I've always assumed?
The sound is scary as fuck but the initial scathing, writhing pain only lasted about 2 minutes. Once they were able to cast it in the right position, not bad at all.

I asked the ortho this morning how he can be sure without an MRI. He said, "I'm grabbing where your Achilles is supposed to be and it's not there. It's just mush."
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Jerloma wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:24 pm
mister d wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:18 pm I know I've said it here before but nothing (realistically) terrifies me more than an achilles injury. Is it as horrific as I've always assumed?
The sound is scary as fuck but the initial scathing, writhing pain only lasted about 2 minutes. Once they were able to cast it in the right position, not bad at all.

I asked the ortho this morning how he can be sure without an MRI. He said, "I'm grabbing where your Achilles is supposed to be and it's not there. It's just mush."
Oh god.

Remember how some folks reacted to that nasty picture of an infected foot or too a few years back? That's how badly I am cringing now. Good luck, Loma.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Jerloma wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:24 pmThe sound is scary as fuck but the initial scathing, writhing pain only lasted about 2 minutes. Once they were able to cast it in the right position, not bad at all.

I hate this. For both of us.
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

You getting one of those little carts?

One of my co-workers did that a few years back. Wheeled around for a good bit of time. I always get nervous as I age and feel tightness in my Achilles. Especially after running or soccer. Recovery looks like no fun. Good luck.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

That sucks. Sorry Jerloma.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.