Movies

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, brian, ZMan, Sabo

Pruitt
The Dude

Re: Movies

Post by Pruitt » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:29 am

Little Women was very good.

A few scenes where there was a bit too much "acting" by that Timothy Chalemane (sp?) fella who I really don't like, but Saorse Ronan is such a good actress.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."

rass
The Dude

Post by rass » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:21 pm

Thanks to the Swamp Q Movie Night I finally sat down and watched The Hateful Eight this week.

-Sam Jackson is the god damn best
-the score kicked ass
-the atmosphere, from the way it was shot to the constant snow and visible breath was incredible
-need to watch Reservoir Dogs again soon to compare Tarantino “bottle” movies
-I love Goggins but it took a while for me to warm up to his performance
-Tim Roth seemed like he had a ball with that character
-what a horribly cruel movie
-I really thought OB was Luke Perry for a bit, because he looked enough like him and I guess because of Once Upon a Time...
-the number of “n...” dropped has me a little nervous to watch Django Unchained
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.

govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:29 pm

Just don't post any clips to FB.
I took a two hour nap and cried during parks and Rec. it was awesome and terrifying.

Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:42 pm

rass wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:21 pm
Thanks to the Swamp Q Movie Night I finally sat down and watched The Hateful Eight this week.

-Sam Jackson is the god damn best
-the score kicked ass
-the atmosphere, from the way it was shot to the constant snow and visible breath was incredible
-need to watch Reservoir Dogs again soon to compare Tarantino “bottle” movies
-I love Goggins but it took a while for me to warm up to his performance
-Tim Roth seemed like he had a ball with that character
-what a horribly cruel movie
-I really thought OB was Luke Perry for a bit, because he looked enough like him and I guess because of Once Upon a Time...
-the number of “n...” dropped has me a little nervous to watch Django Unchained
I just watched Django with my sons last weekend. I warned them ahead of time about all the n-words, but considering it's a movie about slavery, it wasn't too unexpected. Needless to say, they loved it. It was my second time seeing it and I really liked it again. It might be my second or third favorite Tarantino flick.
Totally Kafkaesque

BSF21
Walter Sobchak

Post by BSF21 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:13 pm

We watched Palm Springs tonight. Fun flick.
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."

brian
The Dude

Post by brian » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:43 pm

BSF21 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:13 pm
We watched Palm Springs tonight. Fun flick.
Can ask me anything. I didn't end up watching it every day, but I've seen it about 12-13 times so far.

wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:38 am

Saw a headline that Amazon rebooting "A League of Their Own"...

wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:15 am

So watched a documentary on Amazon Prime last night called Ultimate Goal. Story of a club soccer team from California. Covers their final year before they go to college, etc. Covers a 3 game tour in the UK (West Ham, Fulham, and some club that no longer exists). It is clearly a project the coach put together, but he got Mark Burnett to produce...so I keep looking for son of CBS Reality King on the roster. While not winning any awards, it is pretty neat to google where these kids ended up. Clearly a very talented group. One kid is still on LA Galaxy, a few had cups of coffee in the MLS, a number went pro, many are still chasing the dream in USL (Richmond Kickers), National Independent Soccer League, etc.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2933580/

Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:37 am

wlu_lax6 wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:38 am
Saw a headline that Amazon rebooting "A League of Their Own"...

They've been advertising the F out of the original on the ad that my kindle likes to DL before I can read a non-Amazon eBook.
"If you're into power let's go down to my van, because Red Barchetta through a 10 gigawatt pre-amp is-wait... pleassee tell me you're into Rush...."

Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC » Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:34 pm

wlu_lax6 wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:15 am
So watched a documentary on Amazon Prime last night called Ultimate Goal. Story of a club soccer team from California. Covers their final year before they go to college, etc. Covers a 3 game tour in the UK (West Ham, Fulham, and some club that no longer exists). It is clearly a project the coach put together, but he got Mark Burnett to produce...so I keep looking for son of CBS Reality King on the roster. While not winning any awards, it is pretty neat to google where these kids ended up. Clearly a very talented group. One kid is still on LA Galaxy, a few had cups of coffee in the MLS, a number went pro, many are still chasing the dream in USL (Richmond Kickers), National Independent Soccer League, etc.

What an odd production that was. Thanks for the time killer, enjoyed certain aspects. Would've been nice if they'd done a better job with showing the actual soccer. Just cut them into tight highlight packages, instead of all the tight shots that a) were tough on the eyes and b) didn't really show how good the team was moving the ball.

Entertaining way to spend 90 minutes or so. Thanks!
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.

wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:49 pm

Nonlinear FC wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:34 pm
wlu_lax6 wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:15 am

What an odd production that was. Thanks for the time killer, enjoyed certain aspects. Would've been nice if they'd done a better job with showing the actual soccer. Just cut them into tight highlight packages, instead of all the tight shots that a) were tough on the eyes and b) didn't really show how good the team was moving the ball.

Entertaining way to spend 90 minutes or so. Thanks!
With a bigger budget and smarter camera thought they could have told the story of that 14 year old kid too. He is now with the Richmond Kickers after some time overseas.

Clearly some talented players. That kid AB and the right wing stood out in the highlight. They barely hit on the player who ultimately gets minutes in the MLS. And the kid who is the captain is a data analyst for LAFC. But yeah the production was not great and the championship game commentary was just a poor decision.

Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:15 am

I'm chuckling thinking about the champ game commentary. Hoo boy.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.

A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:21 am

wlu_lax6 wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:49 pm

Clearly ...AB ... hit on ... the kid ... anal.... poor decision.
The wife just accidentally called you. “Accidentally”. Sorry