Stadium/arena/ballpark general thread

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

brian
The Dude

Stadium/arena/ballpark general thread

Post by brian »

Searched but surprised we didn't have one. Might be a good place for people to post on different venues they visit.

Anyway, reason I posted it is the new T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas opens Wednesday with a concert by The Killers, Wayne Newton and Shamir (not performing at the same time -- that would be weird).

That makes Las Vegas the only city in the world with five sports arenas within 1.5 miles of each other.

T-Mobile Arena: 18,800
Mandalay Bay Events Center: 12,000
MGM Grand Garden Arena: 16,800
Thomas and Mack Center: 18,000
Orleans Arena: 8,900

The NCAA is considering a proposal to play the entire women's basketball Sweet 16 (the third and fourth rounds -- not the Final Four) in Las Vegas at a combination of the arenas (probably T-Mobile and MGM Grand Garden most likely).
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
howard
Karl Hungus

Re: Stadium/arena/ballpark general thread

Post by howard »

And the football stadium will be smack in the middle.
Who knows? Maybe, you were kidnapped, tied up, taken away and held for ransom.

Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

New Red Wings arena to be called...

Little Caesars Arena.

Not too much surprise there. Though they missed an awesome chance to call it Little Caesars Palace.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

It'll be all good as long as you don't act childish.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

New Mariners CEO calls potential Sodo arena ‘big, ugly house right at the end of your driveway’
New ownership for the Mariners apparently won’t soften the team’s stance on a proposed multi-sport arena next door.

Incoming Mariners CEO John Stanton and outgoing Howard Lincoln reiterated Wednesday the team isn’t opposed to having the NBA or NHL come to Seattle. They just don’t want either playing in the Sodo District right next to their Safeco Field parking garage.

“If you own a house and somebody wants to build a big, ugly house right at the end of your driveway — that frankly, blocks your driveway — you’ve got a right to express an opinion,” Stanton said. “And I think it’s fair to express that opinion. And the notion that somehow, because we express that opinion, that it means we’re against the NBA is absurd. It’s absolutely absurd.’’

Earlier, Lincoln said the team supports the NBA and NHL coming to Seattle as long as it isn’t in Sodo, where entrepreneur Chris Hansen hopes to build a $490 million arena and surrounding entertainment development.
Moreta
Bunny Lebowski

Post by Moreta »

brian wrote:New Red Wings arena to be called...

Little Caesars Arena.

Not too much surprise there. Though they missed an awesome chance to call it Little Caesars Palace.
I like Arena!Arena!
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Moreta wrote:
brian wrote:New Red Wings arena to be called...

Little Caesars Arena.

I like Arena!Arena!

Thank God somebody got to this. My faith in the Swamp... restored.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

DaveInSeattle wrote:New Mariners CEO calls potential Sodo arena ‘big, ugly house right at the end of your driveway’
New ownership for the Mariners apparently won’t soften the team’s stance on a proposed multi-sport arena next door.

Incoming Mariners CEO John Stanton and outgoing Howard Lincoln reiterated Wednesday the team isn’t opposed to having the NBA or NHL come to Seattle. They just don’t want either playing in the Sodo District right next to their Safeco Field parking garage.

“If you own a house and somebody wants to build a big, ugly house right at the end of your driveway — that frankly, blocks your driveway — you’ve got a right to express an opinion,” Stanton said. “And I think it’s fair to express that opinion. And the notion that somehow, because we express that opinion, that it means we’re against the NBA is absurd. It’s absolutely absurd.’’

Earlier, Lincoln said the team supports the NBA and NHL coming to Seattle as long as it isn’t in Sodo, where entrepreneur Chris Hansen hopes to build a $490 million arena and surrounding entertainment development.

First off, I had the pleasure of seeing a Sounders game last month and was blown away by the beauty of that stadium. Didn't hurt that our seats were perfectly situated to catch a nice sunset and the skyline in the background.

But, regarding the proposed location... DiS - Where, exactly, are they talking about? I google mapped it and I just couldn't figure it out.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Nonlinear FC wrote:
First off, I had the pleasure of seeing a Sounders game last month and was blown away by the beauty of that stadium. Didn't hurt that our seats were perfectly situated to catch a nice sunset and the skyline in the background.
Century Link (or the CLink) is a great stadium. Good sightlines, nice location, the works. Safeco is a good stadium as well, but the team has flat out sucked for 15 years, and the M's complaints are taken as sour grapes, and them being concerned about competition for the sports-going money.
But, regarding the proposed location... DiS - Where, exactly, are they talking about? I google mapped it and I just couldn't figure it out.
Here's the map:

It would be south of both Century Link and Safeco, and the Safeco parking garage (in the map above, the south-west corner of Safeco Field is on the corner of Edgar Martinez Dr and 1st Ave South. People against the proposal are trying to circle back to another renovation to Key Arena (which is at the Seattle Center), but it would require a complete tear-down, and the footprint isn't big enough to support a modern NHL/NBA arena, and all that comes with it.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Having it at Seattle Center would be pretty cool, though.

Anyways, thanks for that explanation.
vandwagon
Maude Lebowski

Post by vandwagon »

Nonlinear FC wrote:Having it at Seattle Center would be pretty cool, though.

The old arena is at Seattle Center, correct? My guess is that they're trying to integrate it more with downtown by putting it near the other stadiums.

(Look at me, been to Seattle once and think I'm some kind of expert. I just happen to remember where the stadiums were.)
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

vandwagon wrote:

The old arena is at Seattle Center, correct? My guess is that they're trying to integrate it more with downtown by putting it near the other stadiums.

(Look at me, been to Seattle once and think I'm some kind of expert. I just happen to remember where the stadiums were.)

Um. Immalet DiS finish.

(I think the stadiums are in SoDo and the old arena is in what would be called "downtown."
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Oh, don't get me wrong...Key Arena is in a great spot (at the Seattle Center...where the Space Needle is...north end of the downtown area). When we went to the KEXP grand opening (their new studio is at the Seattle Center) 2 weeks ago, I was thinking that we should have been going to a Sonic's playoff game.

Anyways, when they remodeled the old Seattle Center Coliseum (originally built for the World's Fair), they left the roof, and gutted everything underneath it and created Key Arena. The problem is that the building is small (only seats 17,459) and has limited luxury boxes. It also has limited "amenities"..meaning bars, restaurants, etc...that are required for a modern NBA arena. And because of its location at the Seattle Center, there really isn't room to have a bigger arena footprint for all that stuff.

Also...when they did that remodel the owner of the Sonics, Barry Ackerley, made sure the design was such that it wouldn't be able to meet requirements for hosting a NHL team (the floor space is too small for a NHL rink...when the minor league Seattle T-Birds used to play there, they would push back the seats in the lower bowl on one end of the building). Ackerley didn't want even the potential for having an NHL team as competition.

Interesting side-bit: Ackerley at one point owned the land where Safeco Field is now located. He wanted to build a new arena south of the Kingdome, but it got voted down and they did the Key Arena project instead.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

So much for that new Seattle Arena...
The Seattle City Council on Monday voted 5-4 against giving up part of Occidental Avenue South to Chris Hansen so he can build a half-billion-dollar arena in Sodo.

In return for giving up the block of Occidental, the city would have received fair market value of $18 million to $20 million from Hansen, in addition to public benefits like a pedestrian overpass, a public park and enhanced sidewalk space.

The previously estimated $490 million arena price tag is now believed to have soared well beyond $500 million, but the city and county would be on the hook for only up to $200 million in public bond funds if Hansen acquires the NBA franchise before the November 2017 expiration of a deal between him, the city and King County.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

This is an interesting experiment by the Falcons. Wonder how long it will last or if it extends to other franchises?
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

brian wrote:This is an interesting experiment by the Falcons. Wonder how long it will last or if it extends to other franchises?
Interesting. Also, I had hours and hours to stare at MB stadium yesterday. It's fucking huge. Will be interesting to see what it looks like when it's done. Glad my taxes aren't paying for it.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

Speaking of...

Remember how Atlanta decided to abandon two stadiums built in the 1990s, kinda randomly? Today, the new football stadium got a Super Bowl, and the new baseball stadium might cost the guy who brokered it his job...

Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

govmentchedda wrote:
brian wrote:This is an interesting experiment by the Falcons. Wonder how long it will last or if it extends to other franchises?
Interesting. Also, I had hours and hours to stare at MB stadium yesterday. It's fucking huge. Will be interesting to see what it looks like when it's done. Glad my taxes aren't paying for it.

If you stayed in an Atlanta hotel, your taxes did pay for it. Thanks!
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Rex wrote:
govmentchedda wrote:

If you stayed in an Atlanta hotel, your taxes did pay for it. Thanks!
I didn't. Flew up and back the same day. Kinda wished I'd stayed the night, considering how long of a day it was.
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

Scout.com lists the 100-best stadium experiences of 2016.

Damn, I've been to a lot of these places. Here's my list and comments, if applicable:

No. 3: Busch Stadium, St. Louis. This is way, way, way, way, way too high. Out of all of the new-ish stadia I've visited, this is probably my least favorite. My comments are not fueled by an anti-Cardinals bias, but by the fact the stadium is bland as hell.

No. 9: Durham Bulls Athletic Park, Durham. Cool facility. Got to sit in a suite for the game I attended, which offered great views of the field. And I got to meet the bull mascot, but I didn't win a steak dinner when I hit him.

No. 12: PNC Park, Pittsburgh. Easily my favorite MLB ballpark. I can't think of anything bad to say about this place other than it's in Pittsburgh.

No. 15: AT&T Park, San Francisco. Probably my second-favorite MLB stadium. Food and drink prices there are higher than giraffe's pussy, but I greatly enjoyed my visit. (Thanks again for the tickets, Howard.)

No. 18: Progressive Field, Cleveland. I love this stadium, and it looks even better after the recent renovations. Very easy to get in and out, and there's plenty to do nearby.

No. 24: Lindner Family Tennis Center, Mason, Ohio. It's been two decades since I watched Brad Gilbert vs. Jonathan Stark at the Thriftway ATP Open, but I enjoyed my visit. It's across the highway from King's Island.

No. 27: Raley Field, Sacramento. I attended a game there shortly after it opened. I don't remember much about it other than I enjoyed it.

No. 29: CenturyLink Field, Seattle. Watched a Sounders game several years ago and enjoyed the hell out of it, except for the talkative hippie who sat next to me and later passed out on me.

No. 35: Ohio Stadium, Columbus. Meh. It's big and full of assholes on game day.

No. 38: Ticketreturn.com Field at Pelicans Ballpark, Myrtle Beach, SC. I don't remember much, other than I thought the stadium was fairly nice and Jarrod Saltalamaccia played for the Pelicans.

No. 40: Quicken Loans Arena, Cleveland. Go Cavs!

No. 55: Churchill Downs, Louisville, Ky. Going to the Kentucky Derby is a very fun experience, even if you almost never see horses and get super drunk by 2 p.m.

No. 78: Great American Ballpark, Cincinnati. I enjoyed it, but I'm biased. The Reds Hall of Fame next door is pretty outstanding. Pete Rose is still an idiot.

No. 79: Coors Field, Denver. Very cool stadium.

No. 84: Fifth Third Field, Dayton, OH. Quite possibly the best minor league baseball experience I've ever had. Every game hosted at the park has been a sell out, and it opened in 2001 (I think).

No. 92: Comerica Field, Detroit. I attended a game the first year it was open and enjoyed it. The player statues behind the left field fence are pretty cool.

No. 97: Bridgestone Arena, Nashville. Nice hockey arena, despite the team having a full cheerleading squad.
Birds don’t suck. They lack the necessary anatomical structures to do so.
Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Post by Joe K »

Agreed on Busch being way too high. You're dead on about it being a pretty bland stadium and I have no idea what that author is talking about when he says it has good food. I'd put Busch way below Fenway if comparing the two baseball stadiums I've been to a lot in recent years.
duff
Donny

Post by duff »

Only been to #89, #91 and #92.
To quote both Bruce Prichard and Tony Schiavone, "Fuck Duff Meltzer."
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

97, too, but for a concert.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
bapo!
The Big Lebowski

Post by bapo! »

Nice list, Sabo, despite your unwarranted attack on Pittsburgh. It makes me jealous.

I went thru and compiled my own list. I thought that I had visited a lot of great stadiums/arenas, but most of them aren't listed here. I guess they aren't memorable experiences. Anyway, in case anybody is interested...

1. Oriole Park at Camden Yards, Baltimore. This is the standard. I love everything about this stadium: how it fits into the neighborhood, the warehouse, the plaques on Eutaw street that mark home runs that have left the stadium. I've gone to four games there, and I have specific memories of each game.

12. PNC Park, Pittsburgh. It's perfect. Being in Pittsburgh makes it perfecter.

18. Progressive Field, Cleveland. Didn't like it as much as I thought I would when I visited in 2000. Haven't seen it since the renovations.

36. Fenway Park, Boston. Obvious. It's a dump, but it's a great dump.

40. Quicken Loans Arena, Cleveland. I saw an amazing, memorable Cavs/Heat game there, but nothing about the arena stood out to me. (Aside from the pyro that singed my eyebrows.)

43. Heinz Field, Pittsburgh. A nice, bland stadium full of drunken yinzers. Not my favorite experience.

91. Wrigley Field, Chicago. See #36.

On my wish list: Lambeau Field and a big-time college football game at Notre Dame or Michigan or an SEC school.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

This'll make it easier to pick the ones you've been to ...

#1 Baltimore Orioles, Oriole Park at Camden Yards
#2 Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg, Streets of St. Petersburg
#3 St Louis Cardinals, Busch Stadium
#4 Daytona 500, Daytona International Speedway
#5 Winnipeg Jets, MTS Centre
#6 Fort Wayne TinCaps, Parkview Field
#7 Kansas Jayhawks, Phog Allen Fieldhouse
#8 LSU Tigers, Alex Box Stadium
#9 Durham Bulls, Durham Bulls Athletic Park
#10 Honda Grand Prix of Alabama, Barber Motorsports Park
#11 Portland Timbers, Providence Park
#12 Pittsburgh Pirates, PNC Park
#13 Sporting KC, Children's Mercy Park
#14 Baltimore Ravens, M&T Bank Stadium
#15 San Francisco Giants, AT&T Park
#16 Michigan Wolverines, Michigan Stadium
#17 Columbus Clippers, Huntington Park
#18 Cleveland Indians, Progressive Field
#19 Los Angeles Lakers, Staples Center
#20 Washington Huskies, Alaska Airlines Field at Husky Stadium
#21 Minnesota Wild, Xcel Energy Center
#22 South Carolina Gamecocks, Founders Park
#23 Minnesota Golden Gophers, Mariucci Arena
#24 W&S Open, Lindner Family Tennis Center
#25 San Antonio Spurs, AT&T Center
#26 Indianapolis Colts, Lucas Oil Stadium
#27 Sacramento River Cats, Raley Field
#28 St Paul Saints, CHS Field
#29 Seattle Sounders FC, CenturyLink Field
#30 Arizona Diamondbacks & Colorado Rockies Spring Training, Salt River Fields at Talking Stick
#31 Portland Trail Blazers, Moda Center
#32 Charlotte Knights, BB&T Ballpark
#33 Green Bay Packers, Lambeau Field
#34 Alabama Crimson Tide, Bryant-Denny Stadium
#35 Ohio State Buckeyes, Ohio Stadium
#36 Boston Red Sox, Fenway Park
#37 Dayton Flyers, University of Dayton Arena
#38 Myrtle Beach Pelicans, TicketReturn.com Field at Pelicans Ballpark
#39 Halifax Mooseheads, Scotiabank Centre
#40 Cleveland Cavaliers, Quicken Loans Arena
#41 St Louis Blues, Scottrade Center
#42 Toronto Raptors, Air Canada Centre
#43 Pittsburgh Steelers, Heinz Field
#44 Vancouver Canadians, Scotiabank Field at Nat Bailey Stadium
#45 Buffalo Sabres, KeyBank Center
#46 Buffalo Bandits, KeyBank Center
#47 Kansas City Royals, Kauffman Stadium
#48 Syracuse Orange, Carrier Dome
#49 Navy Midshipmen, Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium
#50 Houston Astros, Minute Maid Park
#51 Oklahoma Sooners, Gaylord Famly Oklahoma Memorial Stadium
#52 Texas Longhorns, Darrell K. Royal - Texas Memorial Stadium
#53 New York Rangers, Madison Square Garden
#54 New York Knicks, Madison Square Garden
#55 Kentucky Derby, Chrurchill Downs
#56 Mississippi State Bulldogs, Dudy Noble Field
#57 Arkansas Razorbacks, Baum Stadium at George Cole Field
#58 Minnesota-Duluth Bulldogs, AMSOIL Arena
#59 Utah State Aggies, Dee Glen Smith Spectrum
#60 Florida State Seminoles, Mike Martin Field at Dick Howser Stadium
#61 Wisconsin Badgers, Kohl Center
#62 College World Series, TD Ameritrade Park
#63 Clarkson Golden Knights, Cheel Arena
#64 Texas Tech Red Raiders, Jones AT&T Stadium
#65 Montana Grizzlies, Washington-Grizzly Stadium
#66 Lehigh Valley IronPigs, Coca-Cola Park
#67 Toledo Mud Hens, Fifth Third Field
#68 Michigan Wolverines, Yost Ice Arena
#69 Dallas Cowboys, AT&T Stadium
#70 Alabama Crimson Tide, Sewell-Thomas Stadium
#71 Baylor Bears, McLane Stadium
#72 Florida State Seminoles, Bobby Bowden Field at Doak Campbell Stadium
#73 Michigan Wolverines, Crisler Center
#74 Tampa Bay Lightning, Amalie Arena
#75 Boston Celtics, TD Garden
#76 Kitchener Rangers, Dom Cardillo Arena at the Kitchener Memorial Auditorium
#77 Los Angeles Clippers, Staples Center
#78 Cincinnati Reds, Great American Ball Park
#79 Colorado Rockies, Coors Field
#80 Creighton Bluejays, CenturyLink Center
#81 Philadelphia Flyers, Wells Fargo Center
#82 Philadelphia Phillies Spring Training, Bright House Field
#83 San Diego Padres, PETCO Park
#84 Dayton Dragons, Fifth Third Field
#85 Auburn Tigers, Jordan-Hare Stadium
#86 Oregon Ducks, Autzen Stadium
#87 Hershey Bears, Giant Center
#88 Florida Gators, Ben Hill Griffin Stadium
#89 Notre Dame Fighting Irish, Compton Family Ice Arena
#90 Reading Fightin Phils, FirstEnergy Stadium
#91 Chicago Cubs, Wrigley Field
#92 Detroit Tigers, Comerica Park
#93 Kansas City Chiefs, Arrowhead Stadium
#94 Tulsa Drllers, ONEOK Field
#95 VCU Rams, Siegel Center
#96 Chicago Bears, Soldier Field
#97 Nashville Predators, Bridgestone Arena
#98 Stanford Cardinal, Stanford Stadium
#99 Vancouver Whitecaps FC, BC Place
#100 Boston University Terriers, Agganis Arena
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Yes:
#18 Cleveland Indians, Progressive Field
#53 New York Rangers, Madison Square Garden
#54 New York Knicks, Madison Square Garden (I'm not positive on this one, but it seems impossible that I haven't)
#81 Philadelphia Flyers, Wells Fargo Center

Yes but No:
#75 Boston Celtics, TD Garden: Saw hockey
#100 Boston University Terriers, Agganis Arena: Saw basketball

Weird: Two Atlantic 10 basketball arenas
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

bapo! wrote: and a big-time college football game at Notre Dame or Michigan or an SEC school.
As some of you know, I used to work for a company based in Ann Arbor, so I was there a lot. I was all hot to go to a Michigan game, and my boss (a local guy) cautioned me by saying, "keep in mind that those are just long benches with painted lines on the wood delineating your 'seat'. And, the distance between the lines does not accommodate the width of an average Michigander's ass."
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Bapo, you should come to town when Missouri stops by next! SEC SEC SEC!
bapo!
The Big Lebowski

Post by bapo! »

sancarlos wrote:
bapo! wrote: and a big-time college football game at Notre Dame or Michigan or an SEC school.
As some of you know, I used to work for a company based in Ann Arbor, so I was there a lot. I was all hot to go to a Michigan game, and my boss (a local guy) cautioned me by saying, "keep in mind that those are just long benches with painted lines on the wood delineating your 'seat'. And, the distance between the lines does not accommodate the width of an average Michigander's ass."
Ha! Pitt Stadium was the same. Those aluminum benches were cold in November. I miss that stadium so much.
A_B wrote:Bapo, you should come to town when Missouri stops by next! SEC SEC SEC!
Um, thanks, but I guess I should have clarified: Alabama or Auburn or such.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

bapo! wrote:
A_B wrote:Bapo, you should come to town when Missouri stops by next! SEC SEC SEC!

That hurts.
bapo!
The Big Lebowski

Post by bapo! »

A_B wrote:
bapo! wrote:

That hurts.
Tim Couch isn't walking thru that door.
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

I thought that list was odd. I'm guessing it was skewed by the somewhat random selection of places their writers attended last year.

I was surprised by how many of those places where I'd been to the OLDER stadium/arena, not the one listed. I'll go though and make my list...
Totally Kafkaesque
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

#1 Baltimore Orioles, Oriole Park at Camden Yards - NOPE, but went to a game or two Memorial Stadium
#3 St Louis Cardinals, Busch Stadium - NOPE, but went to a ton at the old Busch Stadium. Crappy stadium, good atmosphere.
#26 Indianapolis Colts, Lucas Oil Stadium - NOPE, but I went to a Final Four at the old RCA Dome
#29 Seattle Sounders FC, CenturyLink Field
#41 St Louis Blues, Scottrade Center - NOPE, but I did see a game or two at the old St Louis Arena. What a dump.
#47 Kansas City Royals, Kauffman Stadium
#49 Navy Midshipmen, Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium - I saw an Olympic soccer game there in 1984
#95 VCU Rams, Siegel Center - NOPE, but I went to a couple of different NCAA Tournament rounds at the Richmod Coliseum, where VCU played at the time.

If this were a legit list, a few of my regulars, like Duke basketball at Cameron and UNC basketball at the Dean Dome (I went last night!) would have easily made the top 100. Did anyone else find it funny that FSU baseball was ranked way above FSU football? Somehow I doubt that's accurate.
Totally Kafkaesque
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

bapo! wrote:
A_B wrote:
bapo! wrote:

That hurts.
Tim Couch isn't walking thru that door.
Sure he is. He's at a lot of the games!
bapo!
The Big Lebowski

Post by bapo! »

It was good to see some college hockey rinks listed here. I'm partial to hockey, but any hockey game played in a smaller arena is fantastic, whether it's college or junior or whatever. Every seat is close to the ice, and you can hear everything.

I've been to a bunch of Erie Otters games, and they've all been wonderful experiences, even when the team wasn't any good. Then they were good (Connor McDavid had a bit to do with that), and everything was amplified.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Was crazy to see St. Pete Grand Prix so high on that list. It's definitely a fun time, and that area is pretty, but #2 overall?!
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

I've been to these.

#2 Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg, Streets of St. Petersburg
#3 St Louis Cardinals, Busch Stadium
#12 Pittsburgh Pirates, PNC Park
#41 St Louis Blues, Scottrade Center
#60 Florida State Seminoles, Mike Martin Field at Dick Howser Stadium
#72 Florida State Seminoles, Bobby Bowden Field at Doak Campbell Stadium
#74 Tampa Bay Lightning, Amalie Arena
#88 Florida Gators, Ben Hill Griffin Stadium

Other than Amalie, it's been years since I've been to them. I prefer Wrigley to Fenway. I have no idea why FSU baseball is ranked so high. The views are nice at Camden, Busch, and PNC, but I prefer both Wrigley and Fenway, even if Fenway seats are unbelievably uncomfortable and often not oriented towards the pitcher's mound (I'm looking at you, seats near Pesky Pole).
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Fenway is a trash stadium in as good of a location as you could want for a non-Wrigley baseball stadium. No sane person would think its this cool old stadium on its own merit if it were in Foxborough.
bapo!
The Big Lebowski

Post by bapo! »

govmentchedda wrote:even if Fenway seats are unbelievably uncomfortable and often not oriented towards the pitcher's mound (I'm looking at you, seats near Pesky Pole).
I sat there once, too. Nice view of the bullpen, tho.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

#25 San Antonio Spurs, AT&T Center
#33 Green Bay Packers, Lambeau Field
#50 Houston Astros, Minute Maid Park
#52 Texas Longhorns, Darrell K. Royal - Texas Memorial Stadium
#62 College World Series, TD Ameritrade Park
#71 Baylor Bears, McLane Stadium