Aussie Aussie Aussie Rules Rules Rules

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

wlu_lax6
The Dude

Aussie Aussie Aussie Rules Rules Rules

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Could not find another AFL thread.

Mason Cox a former walkon OSU hoopster made his debut for Collingwood (sort of the Yankees of Aussie Rules). Scored the first kick of the game.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/colling ... decd33e1e1

Some background on the mechanical engineer (backed out of a job with ExxonMobile to go for the AFL)
http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/o ... e5b24.html
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Re: Aussie Aussie Aussie Rules Rules Rules

Post by wlu_lax6 »

So on the treadmill this morning watching some Footy on FS2 and the following occurred to me:
When did they stop making the players bounce the ball when they ran? I miss the skill of dribbling an oblong ball.
When did they change the ref uniforms? I miss the wide brim hats on the guys who tell you if it is a goal

I really like the lack of delaying tactics when a foul or out of bounds occurs. Players don't slow the team down and almost help the team gaining possession get moving again. Wish soccer would change that culture.
Rams Fanny
Bunny Lebowski

Post by Rams Fanny »

wlu_lax6 wrote:So on the treadmill this morning watching some Footy on FS2 and the following occurred to me:
When did they stop making the players bounce the ball when they ran? I miss the skill of dribbling an oblong ball.
When did they change the ref uniforms? I miss the wide brim hats on the guys who tell you if it is a goal

I really like the lack of delaying tactics when a foul or out of bounds occurs. Players don't slow the team down and almost help the team gaining possession get moving again. Wish soccer would change that culture.
I believe they still have to bounce the ball but it's only once every 10m and it since it's ref's discretion, that distance seems to get longer and longer.

The lack of delaying is because the standings tie breaker is the difference between the points your team scores and amount given up over the season expressed as a percentage. Whether up or down 40, it's best to score as much as possible.
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back." -Al Swearengen
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

American Mason Cox (former NCAA Hoopster) & the Collingwood play for the Grand Final against West Coast Eagles on Saturday 12:30AM. Apparently, Cox was the best on the ground (top player) in the semifinal.
wiki wrote:He initially joined the Oklahoma State Cowgirls' "scout team" to simulate Brittney Griner, former Baylor University basketball player.[9] After being noticed by former head coach, Travis Ford, he was asked to join the university's men's basketball team as a walk-on.[6] He played a total of 57 minutes for the Cowboys, scoring seven points.
Best player name on Collingwood
Steele Sidebottom (although the last name of Broomhead is not bad either)