Allergies

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

mister d
The Dude

Re: Allergies

Post by mister d »

Just use concealer if it gets really embarrassing for you and your wife.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Brontoburglar wrote:Nasocort is really saving my ass this year. I am incredibly surprised it's doing so well.
Neti pot!
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

The Sybian wrote:
Brontoburglar wrote:Nasocort is really saving my ass this year. I am incredibly surprised it's doing so well.
Neti pot!
I could never go that far. Nasal sprays are bad enough for me. But no itchy eyes or crazy runny nose? I'll take it.
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Brontoburglar wrote:
The Sybian wrote:
Neti pot!
I could never go that far. Nasal sprays are bad enough for me. But no itchy eyes or crazy runny nose? I'll take it.
Oh, they are the greatest. The only symptom I have is sinus headaches. Neti twice a day and it helps tremendously I missed last night and this morning, sinus pain is back. It was a bit freaky the first couple of times, but it feels great afterwards.
-Pruitt
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I threw $11 after this at lunch. Either I'm too stuffed for it to make a difference, or it's shit.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

And what I really should have bought, but didn't, was a box of tissues.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

rass wrote:
I threw $11 after this at lunch. Either I'm too stuffed for it to make a difference, or it's shit.
Bronto will refund your money.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

AB_skin_test wrote:
rass wrote:
Bronto will refund your money.
Apparently you didn't read the directions on the back! It takes a couple days to go into effect.

I used to take claritin and allegra. Now it's this and the store-brand allergy medication sometimes.
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I assumed you wouldn't recommend a remedy that takes up to a week to go into full effect to someone suffering from acute symptoms. I'm married, with two kids. I don't have time to wait!
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

rass wrote:I assumed you wouldn't recommend a remedy that takes up to a week to go into full effect to someone suffering from acute symptoms. I'm married, with two kids. I don't have time to wait!
Even funnier picturing the words coming from Crosby Face avatar.
-Pruitt
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Not allergies, I don't think, but I feel like death warmed over. Kids brought home a cold from school. I'm the last one to get it. If my kids had it this bad, they're way tougher than me. Perfect timing, as I'm at a really good conference.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
devilfluff
Brandt

Post by devilfluff »

Can I stay in this cycle? 0 spring seasonal allergies. I was that kid relegated to the house when somebody mowed their lawn, so I'm really enjoying the lack.

My sister-in-law is just miserable this week, though. Apparently SJ got slammed with off the chart pollen.
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

govmentchedda wrote:Not allergies, I don't think, but I feel like death warmed over. Kids brought home a cold from school. I'm the last one to get it. If my kids had it this bad, they're way tougher than me. Perfect timing, as I'm at a really good conference.
Suffering with you Chedda. Was in Boston for 3 days and picked up a bug through the hotel hvac or on the plane home. This sucks.
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

rass, on 5/3/13 wrote:Fucking tree pollen. Does Visine really expire?
I hope not. Just used the same fucking bottle this morning.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

rass wrote:
I never had allergies until recently, and never bad, but my eyes are burning, dry and feel like they have sand in them. I don't think it was contacts related, either.
-Pruitt
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

It's officially spring. I've taken Nasacort, Claritin, Mucinex and a Tylenol Cold today and still feel like garbage.

I was preloading the Nasa(o?)cort too. Boo. Granted, I mowed the yard today and did other yardwork, but the warm temps this year are ramping the allergies up big time.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Brontoburglar wrote:It's officially spring. I've taken Nasacort, Claritin, Mucinex and a Tylenol Cold today and still feel like garbage.

I was preloading the Nasa(o?)cort too. Boo. Granted, I mowed the yard today and did other yardwork, but the warm temps this year are ramping the allergies up big time.
Speaking from experience, find yourself a prescription for Dymista. Thank me later. Seriously. Go do it. Buy me some nice rare offerings from Boulevard at some point in time in the future. The cost of the beer will be exponentially less than the relief you will feel.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

govmentchedda wrote:
Brontoburglar wrote:It's officially spring. I've taken Nasacort, Claritin, Mucinex and a Tylenol Cold today and still feel like garbage.

Speaking from experience, find yourself a prescription for Dymista. Thank me later. Seriously. Go do it. Buy me some nice rare offerings from Boulevard at some point in time in the future. The cost of the beer will be exponentially less than the relief you will feel.
on it
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Brontoburglar wrote:
govmentchedda wrote:

on it
Hope it works for you like it has for me. When the oak trees start to pollenate here, it used to mean a good six weeks of terror for me. Not anymore.

I believe Dymista was once described to me as Nasacort and Flonase in one medicine. It could be horse urine, and I'd still snort it religiously during spring allergy season.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

It's juniper season in the ABQ. Looks like I'm probably allergic to it.

Not only that, the dry climate at this altitude makes me have uncontrollable post workout coughing. It's probably this.

I've been taking tessalon pearls and an allergy med daily, but I'm feeling like shit regardless. I'm making an appointment tomorrow. I've never felt like this before. It sucks.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

rass, on 5/7/15 wrote:
We (everyone?) had a mild winter, and I feel like my allergies are starting to really kick in this week. Today is the first day my eyes are bugging me. I'm trying Zyrtec this year.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

On year two of Flonase, and it's better than anything else I've tried recently, but my car turned green over night and my eyes are in bad shape this morning. Hopefully we're in the endgame now.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

We've used all the meds for my daughter, and Xyzal is the best so far.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Fuck that owl.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

rass wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:47 amFuck that owl.
Who?
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Dymista, Dymista, Dymista. Do it.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

I only started getting seasonal allergies 7 or 8 years ago.

With the rainy shitty spring we've had here, there's been nothing. But around the 15th hole yesterday (golf course finally in bloom) I started feeling like shit. 2 hours later, it was the whole cornucopia of spring allergy symptoms. Brutal.

Got the medicine (Aerious) which let me sleep, but my head is like a beer keg of snot right now.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

I'm noticing the nasal hoses inside my cheeks alongside my nose are swollen. Popped a Zyrtec to see if that helps.
Noli Timere Messorem