Guns: Infinity

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

wlu_lax6
The Dude

Re: Guns: Infinity

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Nice decision making here
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mor ... andom_1_na" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

wlu_lax6 wrote:Nice decision making here
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mor ... andom_1_na" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This one is great, too.

I can't find a more recent follow up on whether they found the good guy with a gun "hero" or not.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

Amazingly, they are looking for 3 white men in military gear, and it's near a Planned Parenthood.
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

Rush2112 wrote:Amazingly, they are looking for 3 white men in military gear, and it's near a Planned Parenthood.
But it's closer to a golf course

probably a bit too early to make the PP connection
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Rush2112 wrote:Amazingly, they are looking for 3 white men in military gear, and it's near a Planned Parenthood.
I'm sure they are all "gentle loners"*....

* if you are unaware, that was the NYTimes initial description for the Colorado Springs shooter. The "gentle" was edited out of later versions.
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

Brontoburglar wrote:
But it's closer to a golf course

probably a bit too early to make the PP connection
Just relaying what I saw in a news report.

Sorry, I'll relay everything I write to your desk for editorial review from before posting from now on.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

Surprised you didn't blame Goodell
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

Brontoburglar wrote:Surprised you didn't blame Goodell
As long as you stick to writing about cars going in circles and admiring yourself in tight shirts.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

burn!

look, jumping to conclusions on something like this about motives is absolutely stupid right now with the level of information involved. that's the point. it's not as stupid as wanting to immediately ban immigrants, but with the limited info out there right now some common sense (and a quick check of google maps) is needed. simple as that.
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

I'd still check that course though, just to be safe.

Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

Brontoburglar wrote:burn!

look, jumping to conclusions on something like this about motives is absolutely stupid right now with the level of information involved. that's the point. it's not as stupid as wanting to immediately ban immigrants, but with the limited info out there right now some common sense (and a quick check of google maps) is needed. simple as that.
I didn't jump to any conclusions, as I previously stated I was simply relaying what a tv station was reporting. Sorry that I didn't check 3 sources before posting something on a message board.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

look, jumping to conclusions on something like this about motives is absolutely stupid right now with the level of information involved.
Just when it looked like you had a successful career in journalism, you went and blew it by saying this.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

These posts are semi-automatic
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Listening to the CNN simulcast on the radio on the way home, a retired NYPD detective commented on someone pulling s fire alarm. He said it's the worst thing a victim can do in a shooting, as it can just lead people right to the shooters. He thought this was clear by now, and expects that building now have separate active shooter alarms.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

I work in a government building. The lack of security here is frightening. The lobby is wide open. We have unarmed security guards, despite the fact that where I work we actually have a small police department. Anyone can walk into this building and have immediate control of the place.

I work on the lobby level and my team has started to really make noise about the situation. (The police (and guns) are housed on the 8th floor.)

I bring this up in part as an homage to giff, but also to say I would be REALLY surprised if a non-judicial or elected official building had something as sophisticated as separate alarms for fire and active shooters. I'm not saying they don't, but my personal experience is that many municipal and state agencies are woefully deficient when it comes to even basic security (both infrastructure and procedures.)

=-=-=-==-=

BTW, just another anecdote... A buddy of mine has a kid working in NYC at Ernst & Young. After the Paris shootings, buddy asked the kid what kind of measures they have in place, or what the company has put out on active shooters. "None." And I would bet that's the case all over. We are sticking our heads in the sand on this. These aren't going away.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

Ryan wrote:These posts are semi-automatic
Naw. Full auto.
Who knows? Maybe, you were kidnapped, tied up, taken away and held for ransom.

Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

Speaking of government facilities, shooters, and the like...

Johnnie's future home was on lockdown

(The shooter was unconfirmed Bronto, but the source is a local TV station, and the USAF has confirmed that they were indeed on lockdown. I'd call friends in the area to confirm, but they work on the westside.)
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

The Sybian wrote:

look, jumping to conclusions on something like this about motives is absolutely stupid right now with the level of information involved.
Just when it looked like you had a successful career in journalism, you went and blew it by saying this.
dammit
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

Rush2112 wrote:

I didn't jump to any conclusions, as I previously stated I was simply relaying what a tv station was reporting. Sorry that I didn't check 3 sources before posting something on a message board.
Fine, you clearly felt it was a relevant fact. Meet you halfway on that.

Point still stands, however. It was way too early to think that "shooting at health clinic" had anything to do with PP. Hell, I even looked to see if the health clinic did abortions when I saw there was a shooting at a health center. It was my first thought.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

Brontoburglar wrote:
Rush2112 wrote:

Fine, you clearly felt it was a relevant fact. Meet you halfway on that.

Point still stands, however. It was way too early to think that "shooting at health clinic" had anything to do with PP. Hell, I even looked to see if the health clinic did abortions when I saw there was a shooting at a health center. It was my first thought.
No. They just care for the mentally and physically disabled.

Bout time those bastards had it coming.

(btw I'm a long ago poster)
Noli Timere Messorem
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

You guys have it mixed up. The San Bernardino shooting was not at a women's clinic.

The Houston shooting was. http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas ... 670874.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

…but the one in Georgia wasn't. Three in a day.

3 men wounded, woman killed in Savannah shooting

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Rush2112 wrote:Speaking of government facilities, shooters, and the like...

(The shooter was unconfirmed Bronto, but the source is a local TV station, and the USAF has confirmed that they were indeed on lockdown. I'd call friends in the area to confirm, but they work on the westside.)
While I was deployed Davis Monthan went on lockdown too. Made the front page of HuffPo even. It turned out to be nothing but an exercise that the wrong person heard and then went all Jade Helm on the situation which snowballed.

You know where there wasn't an active shooter yesterday? Okinawa where Kadena AB is. Where I'm not going. Ugh.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

Johnnie wrote:
Rush2112 wrote:Speaking of government facilities, shooters, and the like...

You know where there wasn't an active shooter yesterday? Okinawa where Kadena AB is. Where I'm not going. Ugh.
Well it is ABQ, the article wasn't too specific about where the lockdown occurred, but it might have just been idiots firing guns into the air. For some reason that seems to to be a popular way of entertaining there.

You get to live off base right? (As far as I recall only security is on base.) Let me know when when you're getting closer to deployment I'll give you pointers on where to look for a hacienda.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

That's a fucking Duffel Blog article. Just ridiculous.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

UT is old school when it comes to mass shootings.

(n.b. Citizens did shoot back, before cops arrived, and narrowed Whitman's field of fire as he had to retreat to cover.)

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

There were about 15-20 "Open Carry" Dipshits, carrying handguns, rifles, and assault-type weapons, across the street from my kid's Temple when I went to pick them up from hebrew school this afternoon.

Enraging...
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

You should have shot them.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

DaveInSeattle wrote:There were about 15-20 "Open Carry" Dipshits, carrying handguns, rifles, and assault-type weapons, across the street from my kid's Temple when I went to pick them up from hebrew school this afternoon.

Enraging...
Man, you guys were EXTRA safe!
Totally Kafkaesque
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

brian wrote:You should have shot them.
I was in my car, swinging through the "pick up your kids" area, otherwise I would have gone and asked them what the hell they were doing there.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Shirley wrote:
DaveInSeattle wrote:There were about 15-20 "Open Carry" Dipshits, carrying handguns, rifles, and assault-type weapons, across the street from my kid's Temple when I went to pick them up from hebrew school this afternoon.

Enraging...
Man, you guys were EXTRA safe!
Yeah...nothing bad ever happens mixing guns and Jewish establishments!

The Temple already has security guards on duty (not armed though...they only have tasers) and parents have to show ID's to come in the building to pick up their kids. This started after the shooing at the Seattle Jewish Federation building back in 2006.
SportsDoc
Brandt

Post by SportsDoc »

Went to a school program mid-day that my Granddaughter was in. Brand new school this year. After asked for a tour from her and to look at her room.

Couldn't ...

The classroom wings are autolocked when the double doors close, so the kids are "locked in" to their wings. If you don't have an entry key, you don't get in. Yes, you can get out. This is obviously an architectural response to recent school and public place mass shootings. Kind of sad this is what it's come to.
"All men can stand adversity. If you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

The last two postings are so, so very depressing.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

I sent an email to the Temple yesterday about the GunDipshits, and got a response that they sent out to everyone on Sunday (I'm not on the email list, since I'm not a member of the Temple). Anyways, the GunClowns were having a "pro-gun" rally, but they were supposed to be on the south side of the park, not the north side (which is across the street from the Temple).

Not sure what exactly these Morons were trying to prove, but its absolutely mind-boggling that there are people out there that thing parading around carrying rifles and assault weapons, across from a church, is going to rally the public to their side?
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

So ... what if someone were carrying legally, didn't know about the rally, saw one of the protesters carrying an assault rifle in public and thought it was an attack? Does s/he have a defense or is a person carrying a weapon in public only a threat if not white?
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.