The Weather

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Giff
The Dude

Re: The Weather

Post by Giff »

I better make it in tonight, dammit. I need legal weed and White Castle!
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

I’m at the Phoenix airport. It’s raining outside. Every single flight on the Southwest monitor shows a delay.

ETA: upon further reflection, those delays could also have been because of Southwest’s current labor relations problems.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Square Rob
Jesus Quintana

Post by Square Rob »

Holy fuck the rain. The gray. This winter has been miserable, with some level of rain almost every day for the past three months. And now we are a little past halfway through a forecast for 14 straight days of rain. Whole area here is already flooding, and this particular band ain’t stopping until we get a couple more inches. I’m losing my damn mind to this shit.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

WTF?

40 and raining right now. By noon, Toronto will at 45 degrees with wind gusts of over 50 m.p.h, followed by snow (with high winds) and a drop in temperature with windchills below zero (fahrenheit) kicking in by 9:00 tonight.

So we are under a"Wind Warning" and a "Blowing Snow Advisory."
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

The weather in Vegas was amazing this weekend.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Giff wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:18 pm The weather in Vegas was amazing this weekend.
Too cold for me, but glad you enjoyed it. Certainly was better after you got in compared to earlier in the week.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

brian wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:30 pm
Giff wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:18 pm The weather in Vegas was amazing this weekend.
Too cold for me, but glad you enjoyed it. Certainly was better after you got in compared to earlier in the week.
I did learn a lesson - no more red eyes unless it's from the medicine. Holy fuck that was a shitshow (left phone in cab, lost headphones, mini panic attack on plane at 3:30am waking up after passing out).
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

There are few things worse than waking up hungover on a plane.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

There’s a relatively large forest fire in the southern part of NJ (you may remember the Pine Barrens from that one episode of The Sopranos that everyone thought was going to followed up on).

It was first reported early yesterday afternoon and by a couple of hours later it was already smoky up here, and if anything is worse this morning. Way to ruin a nice weekend before it goes back into the 30s tomorrow, fire.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

It rained for like 5 or 10 minutes as it’s much better now. Thanks.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

2 inches of snow fell overnight and it just started up again.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

Mid 70s today. Forecast of up to 7 inches of tomorrow. Colorado in the Springtime!
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
phxgators
Bunny Lebowski

Post by phxgators »

Rush2112 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:16 pm Mid 70s today. Forecast of up to 7 inches of tomorrow. Colorado in the Springtime!
And a newly issued Blizzard Warning
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Was up in Reno last weekend because I always love to see the Truckee during the spring thaw. The snowmelt in the Sierras makes the river run high and fast.

Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Happy Marathon Day

he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

If its anything like what we had at 4:00 AM here, the mix of heavy rain and wind would be insane to run in.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Wheelchair racing going to be about like nascar. Cant imagine going that speed on a rainy surface. Dont think they have bmx wheels for those. Do they even run traditional cycling events through the rain?
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

We’ve been having 40 MPH winds here in Baltimore/Canton all morning.
Noli Timere Messorem
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

35 degrees and windy with a few flakes here today.

Booked my first round of golf for Friday - I may be playing in my boots.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Couldn't golf this morning - inch and a half of rain fell and it was 40 degrees. The ground here is like a wet sponge, except where it is pooling.

The park where I walk my dog had a puddle so huge there were ducks swimming in it. I am not making this up. But happily, the rain stopped about an hour ago - flurries overnight tonight and tomorrow night. Canadians live to bitch about the weather, but since December this has been a grim fucking place to be.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Pruitt wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:26 pm Couldn't golf this morning - inch and a half of rain fell and it was 40 degrees. The ground here is like a wet sponge, except where it is pooling.

The park where I walk my dog had a puddle so huge there were ducks swimming in it. I am not making this up. But happily, the rain stopped about an hour ago - flurries overnight tonight and tomorrow night. Canadians live to bitch about the weather, but since December this has been a grim fucking place to be.
It could be worse, at least Trump isn't your Prime Minister.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

The Sybian wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:37 pm
Pruitt wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:26 pm Couldn't golf this morning - inch and a half of rain fell and it was 40 degrees. The ground here is like a wet sponge, except where it is pooling.

It could be worse, at least Trump isn't your Prime Minister.
There is that.

But ducks where a field should be? Crazy.
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

But you let him chase some ducks, right?
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

BSF21 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:48 pm

But you let him chase some ducks, right?
She doesn't chase ducks, but hates crows and will run at them.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Just snowed for a bit before it turned to ice pellets. Good times!
phxgators
Bunny Lebowski

Post by phxgators »

Apparently the rain we are supposed to be getting all day today isn't, in fact, going to be all rain. Just got a notification that a Winter Weather Advisory has been issued for the 5-10 inches of snow we are now supposed to get tonight.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

86 here.
phxgators
Bunny Lebowski

Post by phxgators »

We were in the 70s and low 80s most of last week.
GoodKarma
The Big Lebowski

Post by GoodKarma »

phxgators wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 2:22 pm We were in the 70s and low 80s most of last week.
I caved and actually had the AC on Wednesday and Thursday. Hated to do it knowing what was coming this week...
I would like expensive whiskey.
We only have beer & wine...
What am I, 12?
phxgators
Bunny Lebowski

Post by phxgators »

GoodKarma wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 2:39 pm I caved and actually had the AC on Wednesday and Thursday. Hated to do it knowing what was coming this week...
That's awesome... I just had the windows open as much as possible, especially early in the morning. We keep our house on the warm side though. When we lived in Arizona, we kept the house at 79 during the summer, so keeping it at 75-76 here is still comfortable for us.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

phxgators wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 3:14 pm
GoodKarma wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 2:39 pm I caved and actually had the AC on Wednesday and Thursday. Hated to do it knowing what was coming this week...
That's awesome... I just had the windows open as much as possible, especially early in the morning. We keep our house on the warm side though. When we lived in Arizona, we kept the house at 79 during the summer, so keeping it at 75-76 here is still comfortable for us.
Yeah, we went with AC for three days. Then turned the heat back on.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Rare tornado warning issued in North Jersey.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Today's high was 54 degrees. Drizzle and wind too.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

rass wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 8:18 pm Rare tornado warning issued in North Jersey.
That went from a novelty alert to “let’s check out the basement” pretty quick.
Square Rob
Jesus Quintana

Post by Square Rob »

It has been sunny and 90+ here for ten straight days. Summer kicked the door down and moved right in.
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

mister d wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 8:53 pm
rass wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 8:18 pm Rare tornado warning issued in North Jersey.
That went from a novelty alert to “let’s check out the basement” pretty quick.
I had pea-sized hail falling on my house for about 5-10 minutes yesterday. Fortunately no damage, but it's still unsettling to see and hear hail falling.

Fortunately I was able to cut the grass and gather all the grass clippings before the storms hit. Otherwise, I couldn't cut the grass around the massive pond that's developed in our back yard.
Birds don’t suck. They lack the necessary anatomical structures to do so.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Square Rob wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 5:20 am It has been sunny and 90+ here for ten straight days. Summer kicked the door down and moved right in.
Meanwhile, we have mushrooms growing in our front lawn. It's a helluva way to run a desert.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

‘bout perfect today
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

I drove in rain that turned into a massive hail storm today. Golf ball-sized hail just pounding off the roof of my car. Craziest thing I've ever driven in. Amazingly, I don't think it dented up my car, but it sure sounded like an army was taking a hammer to my car. I was worried that my windshield and/or sunroof was going to break.
Totally Kafkaesque
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Yesterday was one of the two or three days each year when I wish I had an air conditioner. Got to 100 degrees (but it's a dry heat!)

One nice thing resulted though. I went to the CVS drug store to pick up some meds and other stuff, and overheard an employee loudly bemoaning that their freezer had quit working, and encouraging any customers in earshot to grab some items out of the freezer case, at no charge. Woo hoo! I didn't want to be a pig, I didn't have a shopping bag with me, and I hadn't gotten my prescriptions yet, so I only grabbed a couple pints of ice cream, a frozen pizza and a frozen burrito. But, hey. Free!
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian