What the fuck is wrong with people (thread)

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Ryan
The Dude

Re: What the fuck is wrong with people (thread)

Post by Ryan »

Town tells kids not to use American flags during pep rally anymore because they keep dragging them across the floor

Right-wing message board hero thinks they're getting rid of the flag all over the school and tells people to show up armed to stop it

Officials re-explain what they meant

Right-wing message board hero stands strong

he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

So how close to home is that one hitting?
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

The school is where we used to live. His home is where we live now, but he's travelling so whatevs. People from the website where he commented have shown up to video our planning commission meetings in the past. They're so fun.
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Am I naive to think that what this mouth-breather is calling for is illegal?
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

There was a dude wearing this hoodie in the Microsoft cafeteria today.

I have to wonder what his thought process was when he picked that sweatshirt today, of all days.
Totally Kafkaesque
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Oh, I imagine he wanted to make sure everyone know that he is aggressively pro-gun. I also wouldn't be surprised if, the way political discourse is going, he had planned to wear it "after the next big event". Basically, a "come at me, bro" sweatshirt and decision-making process.

Anyone feel like reporting him to HR? He's probably hoping for that so he can sue "a bunch of fucking pussies".
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

If I know anything about that type of person, a simple "ha, you're gonna double shoot your dick" would really annoy them.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

DSafetyGuy wrote:Oh, I imagine he wanted to make sure everyone know that he is aggressively pro-gun. I also wouldn't be surprised if, the way political discourse is going, he had planned to wear it "after the next big event". Basically, a "come at me, bro" sweatshirt and decision-making process.

Anyone feel like reporting him to HR? He's probably hoping for that so he can sue "a bunch of fucking pussies".

I mean, I'm at Microsoft HQ in Redmond, Washington. It's a very liberal, very diverse (ethnically and nationality) environment. I'm sure he upset some folks. Now that I think about it, he was eating alone.
Totally Kafkaesque
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Shirley wrote:
DSafetyGuy wrote:Oh, I imagine he wanted to make sure everyone know that he is aggressively pro-gun. I also wouldn't be surprised if, the way political discourse is going, he had planned to wear it "after the next big event". Basically, a "come at me, bro" sweatshirt and decision-making process.

I mean, I'm at Microsoft HQ in Redmond, Washington. It's a very liberal, very diverse (ethnically and nationality) environment. I'm sure he upset some folks. Now that I think about it, he was eating alone.

Ummm, does he seem angry?
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Shirley wrote:

Exactly. All the more motivation for him.
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

Pruitt wrote:
Shirley wrote:

Ummm, does he seem angry?

I only saw him for a few seconds as he got up to leave after eating. It took me a few seconds to realize what I was seeing. After he walked by, I saw the Smith & Wesson name on the back. Again, a very unusual and unexpected thing to see around here. I don't recall ever seeing the guy before, but that doesn't mean much - there are a lot of people in the nearby buildings and I'm only out here a few days a month now.
Totally Kafkaesque
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

bfj wrote:You don't want to read this, trust me.

This makes my heart hurt.

Sweet fuck a link hover will do on that.

Good to know you guys are all parenting the shit out of your kids. I'm gonna go read the proud parent thread you beautiful bastards.
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Is it just ego that leads Woody Allen to think he needs weigh in on the Weinstein affair?
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

rass wrote:Is it just ego that leads Woody Allen to think he needs weigh in on the Weinstein affair?

https://twitter.com/katiemaryrich/statu ... 4874664960
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Very low on the level of fucked-up that is normally posted here. But...

Bob Marley?

Trump I get, but this makes no sense.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

"PleaseletthatnotbePhilly.PleaseletthatnotbePhilly... whew."
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

L-Jam3 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:50 pm "PleaseletthatnotbePhilly.PleaseletthatnotbePhilly... whew."
I guess it could also go in the Florida/Ohio thread.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Baloney
The Big Lebowski

Post by Baloney »

I work work with the uncle of this kid's father, he says they think he had a buyer for her.

http://counton2.com/2018/02/13/law-enfo ... ns-island/
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Don't click the overhead bin link.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

mister d wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:45 pm Don't click the overhead bin link.
In all seriousness... thank you.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I don't know how much of this had to do with me living in the NYC media market and the flight being to LGA (though I did see it on CNN, too), but the dead puppy was definitely the #1 news story this morning.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

rass wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:19 am I don't know how much of this had to do with me living in the NYC media market and the flight being to LGA (though I did see it on CNN, too), but the dead puppy was definitely the #1 news story this morning.
I’m trying to imagine a flight attendant getting her idea over on me that I need to place my dog in an overhead bin.

“Fuck off. Ask me that again, and we’ll conduct a straw poll about in the cabin here about your idea. Then, when the results come back, we’ll do another one to question your fitness to represent this airline. Tell me, do you have a badge number?”
Noli Timere Messorem
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Everyone knows dogs go with the baggage. Can we not reserve the main compartment for humans? Was in court a couple weeks ago and my client gives emotional testimony about her abuse and the judge listens and then asks a follow up about the dog? Then a pro bono type approaches me with helpful info about a shelter that accepts dogs? Enough with the dogs white people.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

HaulCitgo wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:40 am Everyone knows dogs go with the baggage. Can we not reserve the main compartment for humans? Was in court a couple weeks ago and my client gives emotional testimony about her abuse and the judge listens and then asks a follow up about the dog? Then a pro bono type approaches me with helpful info about a shelter that accepts dogs? Enough with the dogs white people.
The dog was in an airline-approved crate. I’ll leave you to the rest of your nonsensical ramblings.
Noli Timere Messorem
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

United also had this happen (not putting entire thread here, but go for it)...

EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:43 am United also had this happen (not putting entire thread here, but go for it)...

Hmmm....What also works to describe this situation:
Articles titled, “Area Flying Man Sees Race in Lots of Things” followed by the subsequent piece “Flight Attendant Trolls Rich Bitch into Normal Behavior So Flight Can Continue”, and just below that, “Airline Unintentionally Lends Credence to Man’s Paranoia by Having Minority Call Him Back”.
Noli Timere Messorem
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

I will acknowledge that I know several black* people that share an unreasonable attachment to domesticated animals.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Honest to god, I thought you both were black.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

HaulCitgo wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:30 am I will acknowledge that I know several black* people that share an unreasonable attachment to domesticated animals.
How about GIF's?
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

mister d wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:50 am Honest to god, I thought you both were black.
Enoch Root drafted Phish.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Sorry, I guess I just don't see color (in music choices).
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

sancarlos wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:15 am
mister d wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:50 am Honest to god, I thought you both were black.
Enoch Root drafted Phish.
Not as bad as Jimmy Buffett, but yeah, the scene tends to be kinda Saltine-y...As for my reply earlier, I was really going for the quasi-caustic Onion thing, which upon reflection makes me appear tone deaf.

Ugh.
Noli Timere Messorem
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

I was actually trying to point out "what the fuck is wrong with the lady putting her feet on the tray?" and the United link made this (seemingly) a decent place to put it.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:00 pm I was actually trying to point out "what the fuck is wrong with the lady putting her feet on the tray?" and the United link made this (seemingly) a decent place to put it.
It doesn't get much worse than realizing you're about to sit next to somebody who's already lounged into their seat like that as you approach..
Noli Timere Messorem
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

EnochRoot wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:45 pm
DSafetyGuy wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:00 pm I was actually trying to point out "what the fuck is wrong with the lady putting her feet on the tray?" and the United link made this (seemingly) a decent place to put it.
It doesn't get much worse than realizing you're about to sit next to somebody who's already lounged into their seat like that as you approach..
I get disgusted by people who simply take their shoes off on the plane. Even setting aside the public decorum part of it, the carpet of an airplane is disgusting. Shoes always stay on.