OFFICIAL "Never Forget" Thread

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

rass
The Dude

OFFICIAL "Never Forget" Thread

Post by rass »

A repository for the worst and most unnecessary examples of remembering to remember.

I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Johnnie
The Dude

Re: OFFICIAL "Never Forget" Thread

Post by Johnnie »

Hillary Clinton just did a good impression. And she sucks. So, apropos.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I was grocery shopping this AM when the overhead speakers crackled, and a woman started speaking. She explained that it was 9/11 and that in honor of those who lost their lives 15 years ago and all members of our military the store was asking its customers to observe a moment of silence. I reflexively removed my hat, and then the speakers cut over to the Journey song that had been playing before the announcement. I glanced around at everyone else in dairy isle, unable to suppress a a guilty smile, but after 4 or 5 seconds they cut Steve Perry and solemnity ensued.
Moreta
Bunny Lebowski

Post by Moreta »

The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

rass wrote:I was grocery shopping this AM when the overhead speakers crackled, and a woman started speaking. She explained that it was 9/11 and that in honor of those who lost their lives 15 years ago and all members of our military the store was asking its customers to observe a moment of silence. I reflexively removed my hat, and then the speakers cut over to the Journey song that had been playing before the announcement. I glanced around at everyone else in dairy isle, unable to suppress a a guilty smile, but after 4 or 5 seconds they cut Steve Perry and solemnity ensued.
Which Journey song? So many great possibilities. From hilarious; "I'll be Alright Without You," (I'll keep holdin' but I'll try,try not to think of you), "Lovin' Touchin Squeezin'" or "Who's Crying Now" (why something good can hurt so bad). To apropos, "Don't Stop Believing," "Faithfully," "Open Arms." Never realized how many hits Journey had. I lump them with a whole bunch of similar bands, and don't know whose songs are whose.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I can name a fair number of Journey songs, but I didn't specify because I didn't recognize the song. Though it was unmistakably Steve Perry.