Random thoughts/images/shit that makes you feel old thread

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, DaveInSeattle, rass

User avatar
Pruitt
The Dude
Posts: 16527
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:02 am
Location: North Shore of Lake Ontario

Re: Random thoughts/images/shit that makes you feel old thread

Post by Pruitt » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:32 pm

It is a great movie.

I saw it in the theatre when I was 9.

Now that is old.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."

User avatar
Steve of phpBB
The Dude
Posts: 5296
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:44 am

Re: Random thoughts/images/shit that makes you feel old thread

Post by Steve of phpBB » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:44 pm

Pruitt wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:32 pm
It is a great movie.

I saw it in the theatre when I was 9.

Now that is old.
You win. I was 8.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.

User avatar
Shirley
The Dude
Posts: 5744
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:32 pm

Re: Random thoughts/images/shit that makes you feel old thread

Post by Shirley » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:22 pm

The Sting is legitimately great. I've watched it with each of my sons in the last few years when they were about 16 or so and both loved it. So, it doesn't give off too much of an air of "old movie" even though it IS and old movie and it takes place several decades before it was filmed.

That said, I've never seen Gone With the Wind or a bunch of other old classics. I only saw Casablanca for the first time earlier this year on a plane.
Totally Kafkaesque

User avatar
Steve of phpBB
The Dude
Posts: 5296
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:44 am

Re: Random thoughts/images/shit that makes you feel old thread

Post by Steve of phpBB » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:04 am

Shirley wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:22 pm
The Sting is legitimately great. I've watched it with each of my sons in the last few years when they were about 16 or so and both loved it. So, it doesn't give off too much of an air of "old movie" even though it IS and old movie and it takes place several decades before it was filmed.

That said, I've never seen Gone With the Wind or a bunch of other old classics. I only saw Casablanca for the first time earlier this year on a plane.
I've never seen Gone With the Wind - except I think I've stumbled onto the last few minutes a couple of times. But I've seen Casablanca many times. In college, student groups would show movies on weekends as fundraisers in classrooms around campus. Casablanca was in the regular rotation. (This was in the days when most students didn't even have VCRs. If you wanted to watch porn, you had to rent the VCR along with the film.)
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.

User avatar
sancarlos
The Dude
Posts: 12074
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:46 pm
Location: NorCal via Colorado

Re: Random thoughts/images/shit that makes you feel old thread

Post by sancarlos » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:08 am

The Sting is a great, fun movie.

Casablanca is a great, fun movie.

If you haven't seen them, do yourself a favor and watch them.

As often as not, I seen my evenings watching really old movies. You really would not believe how many movies from the 30s, 40s, and 50s I've seen.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian

I never shoulda punched that horse. - AB

duff
The Big Lebowski
Posts: 1986
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:36 pm

Re: Random thoughts/images/shit that makes you feel old thread

Post by duff » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:32 am

Watched Sting every Saturday:

Image

Classic!
To quote both Bruce Prichard and Tony Schiavone, "Fuck Duff Meltzer."

User avatar
L-Jam3
Donny
Posts: 2790
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:43 am

Re: Random thoughts/images/shit that makes you feel old thread

Post by L-Jam3 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:57 am

sancarlos wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:08 am
The Sting is a great, fun movie.

Casablanca is a great, fun movie.

If you haven't seen them, do yourself a favor and watch them.

As often as not, I seen my evenings watching really old movies. You really would not believe how many movies from the 30s, 40s, and 50s I've seen.
Echo this. When then American Film Institute came out with their Top 100 movies of all time, back in the late 90s, I went and watched, or rewatched practically that entire list within about a year. There are a few I never got to. One great thing about Casablanca is they made an anti-Nazi movie in 1942, meaning they filmed in 1941, before America’s declaration of war. Keep in mind that there was not universal condemnation of Germany at that time. Ballsy.

Gone With The Wind is worth watching in the same way that you need to see the Mona Lisa if you go to the Louvre. I can see why it’s as regarded as it is, as the sets and effects are remarkable even 80 years hence. The plot is frankly problematic, especially now.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Andre "The Hawk" Dawson with 438.

User avatar
Giff
The Dude
Posts: 6546
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:26 pm

Re: Random thoughts/images/shit that makes you feel old thread

Post by Giff » Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:11 am

A_B wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:07 pm
Confession: I’ve never seen the sting. I am woefully deficient in my 70s classics.
You should fix that. I went through a phase in college where my top 5 movies aside from Pulp Fiction consisted of The Sting, Serpico, The French Connection and The Confession.
Muh.

User avatar
Rush2112
The Dude
Posts: 6185
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:35 pm
Location: Cyrus X-1
Contact:

Re: Random thoughts/images/shit that makes you feel old thread

Post by Rush2112 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:59 am

Steve of phpBB wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:25 pm
Let's see, in the past three hours I've (i) appeared before a federal judge who's definitely and visibly younger than me,
We're hiring a new associate dean of the library. 3 of the 4 candidates hadn't graduated with their bachelor's when I already had my Master's and working as an academic librarian.
"If you're into power let's go down to my van, because Red Barchetta through a 10 gigawatt pre-amp is-wait... pleassee tell me you're into Rush...."

User avatar
Pruitt
The Dude
Posts: 16527
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:02 am
Location: North Shore of Lake Ontario

Re: Random thoughts/images/shit that makes you feel old thread

Post by Pruitt » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:07 pm

Shirley wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:22 pm
The Sting is legitimately great. I've watched it with each of my sons in the last few years when they were about 16 or so and both loved it. So, it doesn't give off too much of an air of "old movie" even though it IS and old movie and it takes place several decades before it was filmed.

That said, I've never seen Gone With the Wind or a bunch of other old classics. I only saw Casablanca for the first time earlier this year on a plane.
Gone With The Wind is a really good movie.

Another couple of classics that everyone should see are All About Eve, Treasure of the Sierra Madre and High Noon. Some movies live up to the veneration - including Casablanca. Some like Maltese Falcon don;t age as well.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."

User avatar
sancarlos
The Dude
Posts: 12074
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:46 pm
Location: NorCal via Colorado

Re: Random thoughts/images/shit that makes you feel old thread

Post by sancarlos » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:45 pm

Pruitt wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:07 pm
Another couple of classics that everyone should see are All About Eve, Treasure of the Sierra Madre and High Noon. Some movies live up to the veneration - including Casablanca. Some like Maltese Falcon don;t age as well.
I like all those movies. The stories behind each of them is good, too.

Really? I think The Maltese Falcon aged really well. For you kids, it is the movie that made Bogart a major star. The ensemble of Bogart, Sydney Greenstreet, Peter Lorre, Mary Astor and Elisha Cook Jr. was so great. Snappy dialogue, more than the plot, makes it fun.

As Ljam said, the plotline of sympathy for the Confederacy in Gone With the Wind hasn't aged well. (Unless one is a Trump fan.) But, the sets and the grandeur of the movie still hold up 81 years later.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian

I never shoulda punched that horse. - AB

User avatar
L-Jam3
Donny
Posts: 2790
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:43 am

Re: Random thoughts/images/shit that makes you feel old thread

Post by L-Jam3 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:51 pm

I'm not necessarily saying that the Confederate focus is what didn't age well (which it obviously hadn't). It has more to do with my impressions of Scarlett. While I only saw it once about 20 years ago, I remember that she seemed to be someone pretty unsympathetic. I don't remember much growth from her from spoiled debutante to her adulthood. I don't even think she changed much after the sack of Atlanta, especially the very impressive crane shot of the wounded soldiers, when the horrors of the war were literally at her doorstep.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Andre "The Hawk" Dawson with 438.

User avatar
A_B
The Dude
Posts: 16880
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:36 am
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Re: Random thoughts/images/shit that makes you feel old thread

Post by A_B » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:59 pm

L-Jam3 wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:51 pm
I'm not necessarily saying that the Confederate focus is what didn't age well (which it obviously hadn't). It has more to do with my impressions of Scarlett. While I only saw it once about 20 years ago, I remember that she seemed to be someone pretty unsympathetic. I don't remember much growth from her from spoiled debutante to her adulthood. I don't even think she changed much after the sack of Atlanta, especially the very impressive crane shot of the wounded soldiers, when the horrors of the war were literally at her doorstep.
Well, that throughline is the whole point of the movie. She wants what she can't have from the first scene until the last. Never satisfied.

As a creative artifact, I think it does fine with the Confederacy. After all, they do lose. Atlanta does burn. Just because we don't want to be like those people nowadays doesn't mean that wasn't how they were. Ashley is pretty anti-war in general. Rhett Butler just wants to make money.
The wife just accidentally called you. “Accidentally”. Sorry

User avatar
Pruitt
The Dude
Posts: 16527
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:02 am
Location: North Shore of Lake Ontario

Re: Random thoughts/images/shit that makes you feel old thread

Post by Pruitt » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:46 pm

sancarlos wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:45 pm
Pruitt wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:07 pm
Another couple of classics that everyone should see are All About Eve, Treasure of the Sierra Madre and High Noon. Some movies live up to the veneration - including Casablanca. Some like Maltese Falcon don;t age as well.
I like all those movies. The stories behind each of them is good, too.

Really? I think The Maltese Falcon aged really well. For you kids, it is the movie that made Bogart a major star. The ensemble of Bogart, Sydney Greenstreet, Peter Lorre, Mary Astor and Elisha Cook Jr. was so great. Snappy dialogue, more than the plot, makes it fun.
The Maltese Falcon was very claustrophobic as it took place on only a couple of sets. Didin't like it as much as I did when I saw it as a kid.

But The Postman Always Rings Twice is amazing.

And Double Indemnity? Fred McMurray as a tormented guy with a dark side? Fantastic.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."

User avatar
sancarlos
The Dude
Posts: 12074
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:46 pm
Location: NorCal via Colorado

Re: Random thoughts/images/shit that makes you feel old thread

Post by sancarlos » Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:27 pm

Pruitt wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:46 pm
sancarlos wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:45 pm
Pruitt wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:07 pm
Another couple of classics that everyone should see are All About Eve, Treasure of the Sierra Madre and High Noon. Some movies live up to the veneration - including Casablanca. Some like Maltese Falcon don;t age as well.
I like all those movies. The stories behind each of them is good, too.

Really? I think The Maltese Falcon aged really well. For you kids, it is the movie that made Bogart a major star. The ensemble of Bogart, Sydney Greenstreet, Peter Lorre, Mary Astor and Elisha Cook Jr. was so great. Snappy dialogue, more than the plot, makes it fun.
The Maltese Falcon was very claustrophobic as it took place on only a couple of sets. Didin't like it as much as I did when I saw it as a kid.

But The Postman Always Rings Twice is amazing.

And Double Indemnity? Fred McMurray as a tormented guy with a dark side? Fantastic.
The man knows his Film Noir!
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian

I never shoulda punched that horse. - AB

User avatar
Pruitt
The Dude
Posts: 16527
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:02 am
Location: North Shore of Lake Ontario

Re: Random thoughts/images/shit that makes you feel old thread

Post by Pruitt » Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:44 pm

sancarlos wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:27 pm
Pruitt wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:46 pm
sancarlos wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:45 pm
Pruitt wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:07 pm
Another couple of classics that everyone should see are All About Eve, Treasure of the Sierra Madre and High Noon. Some movies live up to the veneration - including Casablanca. Some like Maltese Falcon don;t age as well.
I like all those movies. The stories behind each of them is good, too.

Really? I think The Maltese Falcon aged really well. For you kids, it is the movie that made Bogart a major star. The ensemble of Bogart, Sydney Greenstreet, Peter Lorre, Mary Astor and Elisha Cook Jr. was so great. Snappy dialogue, more than the plot, makes it fun.
The Maltese Falcon was very claustrophobic as it took place on only a couple of sets. Didin't like it as much as I did when I saw it as a kid.

But The Postman Always Rings Twice is amazing.

And Double Indemnity? Fred McMurray as a tormented guy with a dark side? Fantastic.
The man knows his Film Noir!
I have a B.A. in English (Film and Communications). I took an entire course on "American Film Noir." Other courses were "Documentary Cinema,"
"The Films Of Ingmar Bergman," "The Films of Sergei Eisenstein," " French New Wave Cinema," and "American Cinema of the 1970's."

So you see, when my son told me he wanted to study design and my daughter decided on "Arts and Humanities," I was in no position to demand that they study Accounting or Business!

Anyone want to talk some Claude Chabrol?
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."

User avatar
The Sybian
The Dude
Posts: 12593
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:36 am
Location: Working in the Crap Part of Jersey

Re: Random thoughts/images/shit that makes you feel old thread

Post by The Sybian » Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:56 pm

brian wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:23 pm
I’m pretty good on classics but not seen The Sting myself.
The Sting is a super hero in the Marvel Universe movies, right? Spanish speaking guy in a bee costume?
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt

User avatar
Pruitt
The Dude
Posts: 16527
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:02 am
Location: North Shore of Lake Ontario

Re: Random thoughts/images/shit that makes you feel old thread

Post by Pruitt » Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:57 pm

The Sybian wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:56 pm
brian wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:23 pm
I’m pretty good on classics but not seen The Sting myself.
The Sting is a super hero in the Marvel Universe movies, right? Spanish speaking guy in a bee costume?
Image
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."

User avatar
The Sybian
The Dude
Posts: 12593
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:36 am
Location: Working in the Crap Part of Jersey

Re: Random thoughts/images/shit that makes you feel old thread

Post by The Sybian » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:07 pm

Pruitt wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:57 pm
The Sybian wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:56 pm
brian wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:23 pm
I’m pretty good on classics but not seen The Sting myself.
The Sting is a super hero in the Marvel Universe movies, right? Spanish speaking guy in a bee costume?
Image
While I was joking, I never saw the movie. I know it's supposed to be a classic, but I didn't even know what it was about, or who was in it. I thought Steve McQueen, but it was Redford and Newman. What year did it come out? I'm seeing 1973 and 1977 on different websites. I don't think I've ever seen a Steve McQueen movie.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt

User avatar
Pruitt
The Dude
Posts: 16527
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:02 am
Location: North Shore of Lake Ontario

Re: Random thoughts/images/shit that makes you feel old thread

Post by Pruitt » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:16 pm

If you don't know what it's about, I envy you.

And a controversial opinion here - Steve McQueen is probably the worst big time actor in film history. He doesn;t act - he reads lines.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."

User avatar
L-Jam3
Donny
Posts: 2790
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:43 am

Re: Random thoughts/images/shit that makes you feel old thread

Post by L-Jam3 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:15 pm

Oh my God. I think I would’ve let myself get bit by a bullet ant to take a class called “American Cinema of the 1970s”. I think I said this before, that out of the 50 movies that were up for Best Picture between ‘70 and ‘79, at least 40 hold up today.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Andre "The Hawk" Dawson with 438.

User avatar
Shirley
The Dude
Posts: 5744
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:32 pm

Re: Random thoughts/images/shit that makes you feel old thread

Post by Shirley » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:49 pm

FWIW, the poker on the train scene in The Sting is one of my favorite movie scenes of all time. Just brilliant.
Totally Kafkaesque

User avatar
Shirley
The Dude
Posts: 5744
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:32 pm

Re: Random thoughts/images/shit that makes you feel old thread

Post by Shirley » Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:07 pm

I was doing some filing tonight and found some my old tax form from the year I graduated college, 1992. I started my first real job as a computer programmer shortly after graduation. I had $16K in taxable income.
Totally Kafkaesque

Johnnie
The Dude
Posts: 12075
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:31 pm
Location: ABQ, BITCH!

Re: Random thoughts/images/shit that makes you feel old thread

Post by Johnnie » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:05 am

I've kept my Leave and Earnings Statements (LES) going back to when I initially enlisted. My first mid month 'pay stub' was $333 as an E-1 in 2001. I have it in my pile of papers back home. And here I am within 18 months of retirement. Can't wait to be done with it all.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.

User avatar
Ryan
The Dude
Posts: 7879
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:01 am

Re: Random thoughts/images/shit that makes you feel old thread

Post by Ryan » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:47 am

It's the 20th anniversary of the PS2 release, at which time the Intellivision was 20 years old
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The

User avatar
sancarlos
The Dude
Posts: 12074
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:46 pm
Location: NorCal via Colorado

Re: Random thoughts/images/shit that makes you feel old thread

Post by sancarlos » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:07 pm

So a friend texted me to let me know - "Dude, you are 60 now, right? Whole Foods just announced they reserve their first hour of business each day for 60 year-old and up customers!"

Never felt so elderly as when reading that. But, don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian

I never shoulda punched that horse. - AB

User avatar
Ryan
The Dude
Posts: 7879
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:01 am

Re: Random thoughts/images/shit that makes you feel old thread

Post by Ryan » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:46 pm

A good 60 can really clean up at those. It’s like when Nicklaus started on the Senior Tour.
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The

User avatar
The Sybian
The Dude
Posts: 12593
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:36 am
Location: Working in the Crap Part of Jersey

Re: Random thoughts/images/shit that makes you feel old thread

Post by The Sybian » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:20 pm

sancarlos wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:07 pm
So a friend texted me to let me know - "Dude, you are 60 now, right? Whole Foods just announced they reserve their first hour of business each day for 60 year-old and up customers!"

Never felt so elderly as when reading that. But, don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
You're 60?!?! I guess next time I'm in the Bay Area we will have to hit up an Early Bird Special. Sure, dinner at 4:30, but it's 50 cents cheaper!
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt

User avatar
Pruitt
The Dude
Posts: 16527
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:02 am
Location: North Shore of Lake Ontario

Re: Random thoughts/images/shit that makes you feel old thread

Post by Pruitt » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:30 pm

sancarlos wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:07 pm
So a friend texted me to let me know - "Dude, you are 60 now, right? Whole Foods just announced they reserve their first hour of business each day for 60 year-old and up customers!"

Never felt so elderly as when reading that. But, don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
And look at the bright side - you'll be the youngest guy there.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."

User avatar
Pruitt
The Dude
Posts: 16527
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:02 am
Location: North Shore of Lake Ontario

Re: Random thoughts/images/shit that makes you feel old thread

Post by Pruitt » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:33 pm

brian wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:49 pm
I don;t know who either of these people are.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."

User avatar
Johnny Carwash
Walter Sobchak
Posts: 4938
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:57 am
Location: Land of 10,000 Sununus

Re: Random thoughts/images/shit that makes you feel old thread

Post by Johnny Carwash » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:34 pm

Pruitt wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:33 pm
I don;t know who either of these people are.
Bing it!
Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!

User avatar
brian
The Dude
Posts: 21989
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:52 am
Location: El lugar de ser
Contact:

Re: Random thoughts/images/shit that makes you feel old thread

Post by brian » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:37 pm

Pruitt wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:33 pm
brian wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:49 pm
I don;t know who either of these people are.
So you’d say you’re “Lost” then?

User avatar
Ryan
The Dude
Posts: 7879
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:01 am

Re: Random thoughts/images/shit that makes you feel old thread

Post by Ryan » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:41 pm

YOU HAVE TO GO BACK KATE
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The

User avatar
Pruitt
The Dude
Posts: 16527
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:02 am
Location: North Shore of Lake Ontario

Re: Random thoughts/images/shit that makes you feel old thread

Post by Pruitt » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:49 pm

Johnny Carwash wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:34 pm
Pruitt wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:33 pm
I don;t know who either of these people are.
Bing it!
Asked Jeeves - he told me they are actors.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."

User avatar
Steve of phpBB
The Dude
Posts: 5296
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:44 am

Re: Random thoughts/images/shit that makes you feel old thread

Post by Steve of phpBB » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:15 pm

Pruitt wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:49 pm
Johnny Carwash wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:34 pm
Pruitt wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:33 pm
I don;t know who either of these people are.
Bing it!
Asked Jeeves - he told me they are actors.
You know, if a society disregards its fundamental rules in the face of challenges, it's not worth much.

Rules:

Image
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.

User avatar
Pruitt
The Dude
Posts: 16527
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:02 am
Location: North Shore of Lake Ontario

Re: Random thoughts/images/shit that makes you feel old thread

Post by Pruitt » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:20 pm

Virus worthy.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."

User avatar
Pruitt
The Dude
Posts: 16527
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:02 am
Location: North Shore of Lake Ontario

Re: Random thoughts/images/shit that makes you feel old thread

Post by Pruitt » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:10 am

Until we watched "The Last Dance," my daughter (21 years old) had never seen basketball played without a 3 point line.

As I was about to type this, I realized that some of you guys may not have seen one either...
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."

User avatar
Pruitt
The Dude
Posts: 16527
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:02 am
Location: North Shore of Lake Ontario

Re: Random thoughts/images/shit that makes you feel old thread

Post by Pruitt » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:11 am

Antoine Winfield Junior
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."

User avatar
The Sybian
The Dude
Posts: 12593
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:36 am
Location: Working in the Crap Part of Jersey

Re: Random thoughts/images/shit that makes you feel old thread

Post by The Sybian » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:23 am

Pruitt wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:10 am
Until we watched "The Last Dance," my daughter (21 years old) had never seen basketball played without a 3 point line.

As I was about to type this, I realized that some of you guys may not have seen one either...
I don't remember basketball without a 3 point line. According to Google, NBA added the 3 pointers in 1979, so I was 3. It said NCAA "universally implemented" 3 pointers in 1986, but I don't remember not having 3s. I was a Big East guy, not sure when they implemented it
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt

User avatar
Steve of phpBB
The Dude
Posts: 5296
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:44 am

Re: Random thoughts/images/shit that makes you feel old thread

Post by Steve of phpBB » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:24 am

Pruitt wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:10 am
Until we watched "The Last Dance," my daughter (21 years old) had never seen basketball played without a 3 point line.

As I was about to type this, I realized that some of you guys may not have seen one either...
Ha.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.

Post Reply