Ball of Confusion

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Jerloma
The Dude

Re: Ball of Confusion

Post by Jerloma »

Johnnie wrote:Yea, I think. Something like 139 acres of federal land. This is a good write up of everything:
http://www.justice.gov/usao-or/pr/easte ... ars-prison" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Perfect. Thanks.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

I found this amusing. How the news media would cover this Oregon incident if it happened in Ukraine or Iran or someplace.

If It Happened There: Armed Rebel Faction Occupies Government Building
Who knows? Maybe, you were kidnapped, tied up, taken away and held for ransom.

Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

If you were hoping for a lesson on constitutional law from a rancher/militiaman named LaVoy Finicum...

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

P.D.X. wrote:If you were hoping for a lesson on constitutional law from a rancher/militiaman named LaVoy Finicum...

"LaVoy" is pretty much the most Utah name out there...
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

Ok, I've held off running my mouth on the latest Saudi bullshit. But I can hold back no longer.

Saudi Executioner Thinks He Pulled Something In Shoulder During Last 10 Decapitations

AL MUZAHIMIYAH, SAUDI ARABIA—Complaining that he must have “tweaked it pretty good,” Saudi executioner Khalid al-Faraj told reporters Thursday that he thinks he pulled something in his shoulder during yesterday’s last 10 decapitations. “Around the seventh or eighth beheading I came around kind of awkwardly on my windup and heard this loud pop, and I knew immediately that something wasn’t right, ” said al-Faraj, adding that he attempted to ignore the dull pain spreading through his upper right arm and power through the rest of the executions, but he barely had enough strength left to make a clean slice on the final prisoner. “When I got home I took a few Aleve and put some Icy Hot on it, but this morning when I woke up I couldn’t even lift my arm and the pain had spread down to my elbow. I just hope the swelling goes down soon because I’ve got a pretty big slate on Monday.” Al-Faraj told reporters that, on the orders of his orthopedist, he would have to miss out on this weekend’s public stoning of a woman accused of adultery.

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Fuck, the Bundy militia fucknuts have Glenn Beck sounding reasonable.
Glenn Beck video wrote:“If you really think that you’re going to get people on your side at this point by pulling out a gun, you’re living in a fantasy world,” Beck said. “If that were true, then everybody in America would love the Palestinians. They would love Al Qaeda because they feel they have a case, too.”

Militia dude runs off with donations on drinking bender.

Then there is this turd, who claimed to be an ex-Marine with combat experience in Afghanistan and posting pics of himself in uniform. According to a Marine source, he signed up for the Marines, then never showed up.

An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

The Stupid Dial has been turned up to 11.
Curtiss and Chris McIntire, another group spokesman, called the situation a "double-edged sword" – the perimeter is meant to protect the occupiers from an outside attack but also to protect the Harney County community from those who arrive in solidarity with Bundy's cause but may be prone to violence, they said. The Idaho group is here to keep the situation "peaceful" and reassure the community that it isn't in danger, they said.
I don't think he's familiar with that metaphor.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

STOLEN VALOR.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

This story is becoming funnier by the day.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Johnnie wrote:STOLEN VALOR.
He did sign up, so that has to count for something.
-Pruitt
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

It annoys me to no end when civilians get all fucking TACTICOOL. There's the obvious "stolen valor" types where a doofus wears a uniform because there's something lacking mentally and then there's the dudes like this that play dress up and pretend they are living Call of Duty.

MultiCam uniforms are for deployments downrange. Not even I own a set of those. Only deployers and people in high speed jobs even wear them.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

It really looks like the Feds can bust up in there at any moment and just end this. These people need to be arrested one the shitshow ends.

The thing that was most annoying to me were the retarded "Amens" that followed the freedom talk.

Under other circumstances, "Amen" is basically "Allahu Ackbar."

Man, if a bunch of Black Lives Matter activists with guns showed up on the doorstep of a random outpost to fight for their rights, this would have turned violent by now.

The doors to this place weren't even locked. It was "just that easy" to take it over.

Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

In the "On The Media" podcast today, they looked at the history of the NRA, and how it used to be pro-gun control... especially when the Black panthers stormed the California Legislature in 1967 openly carrying guns.

The Governor of California said that only idiots would think the second amendment should be interpreted as allowing people to walk around everywhere with guns.

Obviously - it was Ronald reagan who later realized that getting into bed with gun lunatics was the politically expedient thing to do.

Man, you can't make this shit up.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

I listened to that podcast. It was added to the rotation when, I think, you had mentioned it.

I read this article by Adam Winkler in the Atlantic back in 2011 and have shared it multiple times on Facebook. It spurned me to buy and read his book Gun Fight. It was excellent.

When he was on the podcast, I geeked out a bit, especially when pictures of Saint Reagan kept popping up on my Facebook feed. I made my own and no one bit.

Gun control seems to only serve the masses when white people are at risk.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Johnnie wrote:I listened to that podcast. It was added to the rotation when, I think, you had mentioned it.

I read this article by Adam Winkler in the Atlantic back in 2011 and have shared it multiple times on Facebook. It spurned me to buy and read his book Gun Fight. It was excellent.

When he was on the podcast, I geeked out a bit, especially when pictures of Saint Reagan kept popping up on my Facebook feed. I made my own and no one bit.

Gun control seems to only serve the masses when white people are at risk.

Great article. Two things jump out, which further aggravate me about the whole "Dems have radically shifted to the left" talking point. Cruz is the worst, but other candidates have said it, and it is a constant drum beat in the Right wing "media." The Dems are pretty much where the Reagan's GOP stood. Here is a quote about an NRA President.

Attorney Karl T. Frederick, while NRA President, drafted a model legislation for state governments:
Frederick’s model law had three basic elements. The first required that no one carry a concealed handgun in public without a permit from the local police. A permit would be granted only to a “suitable” person with a “proper reason for carrying” a firearm. Second, the law required gun dealers to report to law enforcement every sale of a handgun, in essence creating a registry of small arms. Finally, the law imposed a two-day waiting period on handgun sales.
So basically, the NRA drafted proposed legislation trying to do the same thing Obama wants to accomplish.

And this quote from then NRA Executive VP
Franklin Orth, then the NRA’s executive vice president, testified in favor of banning mail-order rifle sales. “We do not think that any sane American, who calls himself an American, can object to placing into this bill the instrument which killed the president of the United States.”
-Pruitt
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Rancher guy who made the crying video to his family is not happy about receiving a bag of dicks in the mail. This video will do nothing buy inspire more great mail for them.

-Pruitt
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

"Patriot" is now officially a slur.
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

As it should be. When it is followed by the word "Act".

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Or an "s."
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Sweet, looks like we may have an armed militia in Flint vowing to protect the city from government intrusion. If they have any staying power, this could get interesting and give other nutters inspiration to "protect" other people and defend the Constitution.
-Pruitt
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

Ovah?

Six Oregon occupiers arrested, one person killed in confrontation with police

(good. get this shit off of my Ball of Confusion thread, which is clearly intended for international clusterfucks.)

edit: changed the link, sorry it is Wapo, I couldn't find an AP story. The arrest occurred at a traffic stop; it was not a storming of the property.

eta: a local source - Bundys in custody, one militant dead after gunfight near Burns

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

I don't know what's worse, the fact that these hillbillies with guns think that they are serving some sort of higher purpose, or the fact that they seem to like to make grand sounding statements that are really dumb.
Hours later, Patrick said the refuge remained quiet but "we're all standing here ready to defend our peaceful resolution." He wouldn't elaborate.
"They're doing all the things that shows that they want to take some kinetic action against us," he said.
By the way, the dead guy leaves behind 11 children.
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

Pruitt wrote:

Of course he does. Because if there's one thing that a self-reliant militiaman needs to do it's breed more babies that will eventually rely on the public assistance programs that he is so vehemently against.

Christ, the level of contradiction of basic issues with people like this is staggering.

I'll go ahead and throw my unpopular opinion out there, full well knowing many of you on the board are parents. Having that many kids is irresponsible and should be a crime. I'm not saying you should lose the opportunity to become a parent, but after the 3rd or 4th child you need to understand that you're contributing to many of the problems we face today because of your own selfishness.

Sometimes I wish creating life was a more difficult act.
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

BSF21 wrote:Christ, the level of contradiction of basic issues with people like this is staggering.
Tough to see it as anything than a bunch of grown men wanting to play guns. Their "rhetoric" has been confused since day 1.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

BSF21 wrote:
Pruitt wrote:

Of course he does. Because if there's one thing that a self-reliant militiaman needs to do it's breed more babies that will eventually rely on the public assistance programs that he is so vehemently against.

Christ, the level of contradiction of basic issues with people like this is staggering.

I'll go ahead and throw my unpopular opinion out there, full well knowing many of you on the board are parents. Having that many kids is irresponsible and should be a crime. I'm not saying you should lose the opportunity to become a parent, but after the 3rd or 4th child you need to understand that you're contributing to many of the problems we face today because of your own selfishness.

Sometimes I wish creating life was a more difficult act.

Dude, they are just doing God's work.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quiverfull
-Pruitt
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Right next to a maple bacon!
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Dipshits didn't get the gun fight they wanted either.

That'll hurt their fundraising efforts.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

There's one militia member left and he's going nutso at the moment. Live feed here:

http://www.oregonlive.com/#/0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Got some hours to kill?

howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

The twitter sez his main concern preventing him from surrender is the expectation he will be raped in prison.

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

howard wrote:The twitter sez his main concern preventing him from surrender is the expectation he will be raped in prison.
Should have thought of that a bit sooner. It's all part of the punishment.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

Regarding our discussion of campus rape, this country may be the only one where more men are raped than women.

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

The Sybian wrote:Rancher guy who made the crying video to his family is not happy about receiving a bag of dicks in the mail. This video will do nothing buy inspire more great mail for them.
I wonder what the Oregon militia ended up doing with all those dildos?
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

Didn't want to start a new thread, even though this one is for international mass actions of war violence and evil. This is international, but only involves one victim, except it is kinda an assault of representative democracy. British Member of Parliment Jo Cox assassinated, in Leeds.

British lawmaker dies following shooting and stabbing attack that stuns nation

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

howard wrote:Didn't want to start a new thread, even though this one is for international mass actions of war violence and evil. This is international, but only involves one victim, except it is kinda an assault of representative democracy. British Member of Parliment Jo Cox assassinated, in Leeds.

British lawmaker dies following shooting and stabbing attack that stuns nation
I was thinking this belongs in the Things Falling Apart thread. Because it looks like things are falling apart.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

There is def a convergence. Soon all threads will be "Fuck Jeeves"

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

That just sucks. Fucking hell.