The Fluuuuuuu

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

rass
The Dude

Re: The Fluuuuuuu

Post by rass »

Kid #1 hadn't gotten her vaccination yet this fall. She hasn't been to the doctor, and never got a chance to make it to the health department where my wife works to pick one up there. In the middle of dinner last night my wife decided it needed to be done before the holidays, and called our wonderfully sweet and competent pharmacist to see if she was available one evening this week. She was, and we decided that last night was a better option for us than tomorrow night, so after dinner I dragged my daughter to the car and drove to the pharmacy.

Vaccinations and this child generally involve crying and begging and whining and running away and someone holding her down so the needle can do its thing. Last night was no different. We made it through, though I could tell the pharmacist felt awful about how my kid reacted. I bought the kid some ice cream, and we sent her off to bed an hour or two later with some proactive Tylenol and all was well.

Until this morning when she woke up crying hysterically with a massive headache and a fever, supplemented by moments of righteous fury over what we had done to her. She ended up staying home from school today and missed club picture day for the yearbook, and got angry again. Last I saw she was snuggling with the dog in bed, so all is well?
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

The last time I got a flu shot (about 10 years ago), I got sick as hell two days later. Pretty much vowed to never get another one. To be honest, I'm a fairly low risk for exposure because I work from home, very rarely travel for work any more and don't interact with children very often.
Birds don’t suck. They lack the necessary anatomical structures to do so.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

rass wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:34 am Kid #1 hadn't gotten her vaccination yet this fall. She hasn't been to the doctor, and never got a chance to make it to the health department where my wife works to pick one up there. In the middle of dinner last night my wife decided it needed to be done before the holidays, and called our wonderfully sweet and competent pharmacist to see if she was available one evening this week. She was, and we decided that last night was a better option for us than tomorrow night, so after dinner I dragged my daughter to the car and drove to the pharmacy.

Vaccinations and this child generally involve crying and begging and whining and running away and someone holding her down so the needle can do its thing. Last night was no different. We made it through, though I could tell the pharmacist felt awful about how my kid reacted. I bought the kid some ice cream, and we sent her off to bed an hour or two later with some proactive Tylenol and all was well.

Until this morning when she woke up crying hysterically with a massive headache and a fever, supplemented by moments of righteous fury over what we had done to her. She ended up staying home from school today and missed club picture day for the yearbook, and got angry again. Last I saw she was snuggling with the dog in bed, so all is well?
Post this on Facebook and see how long it takes to get a "she's going to give the dog Autism" comment
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

❤️ Donnie Wahlberg
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

I haven't gotten a flu shot as an adult though I think that may change. I'm being bugged by the GF (she's a nurse) quite frequently,

I hate needles
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

The flu is worse than the flu shot.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

mister d wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:52 pm The flu is worse than the flu shot.
the last time I got the flu was when I was 17 and it sparked me losing 40 lbs so I have fond memories
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Funny that Pujols was about "32" when they didn't give him a long term deal.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Brontoburglar wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:54 pm
mister d wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:52 pm The flu is worse than the flu shot.
the last time I got the flu was when I was 17 and it sparked me losing 40 lbs so I have fond memories
That might have been cancer.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

mister d wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:00 pm Funny that Pujols was about "32" when they didn't give him a long term deal.
Well, you don't want to risk infecting the rest of the team.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

God dammit.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Brontoburglar wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:51 pm I haven't gotten a flu shot as an adult though I think that may change. I'm being bugged by the GF (she's a nurse) quite frequently,

I hate needles
When my daughter was a little girl she was afraid of needles. So the doctor gave her a mist of the medicine to inhale and that did the trick. Your nurse girlfriend could probably arrange that for you.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

sancarlos wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:24 pm
Brontoburglar wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:51 pm I haven't gotten a flu shot as an adult though I think that may change. I'm being bugged by the GF (she's a nurse) quite frequently,

I hate needles
When my daughter was a little girl she was afraid of needles. So the doctor gave her a mist of the medicine to inhale and that did the trick. Your nurse girlfriend could probably arrange that for you.
They don't use those anymore, turns out they weren't effective.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

I still have not gotten the shot. I will probably jinx myself into getting asked about it again tomorrow/this weekend by posting this.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Brontoburglar wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:07 pm I still have not gotten the shot. I will probably jinx myself into getting asked about it again tomorrow/this weekend by posting this.
Just get it, you big baby. Takes 5 minutes at CVS.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

The Sybian wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:11 pm
Brontoburglar wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:07 pm I still have not gotten the shot. I will probably jinx myself into getting asked about it again tomorrow/this weekend by posting this.
Just get it, you big baby. Takes 5 minutes at CVS.
NO WAHHHHHHHHHHH
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Not sure but I am not feeling great. Our nurse left this week and clinic shut down. Booooooo
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Missed a day and a half of work. I don’t recall last time I took that much time off for sick.

But feeling better now that I’m able to eat food.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

A_B wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:27 pm Missed a day and a half of work. I don’t recall last time I took that much time off for sick.

Well this sucks. Off again. Miserable.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Anti_Bodies.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

A_B wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:09 am
A_B wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:27 pm Missed a day and a half of work. I don’t recall last time I took that much time off for sick.

Well this sucks. Off again. Miserable.
I got it Wednesday and I'm still feeling the effects of it. Pretty fun to have while moving out of a house too.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Funny to read the full page.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

I at least haven't been guilted ... yet.