Swamp Wrestling Federation 2021 - Gunpowder vs. GoodKarma (Featuring BFJ and DSafe on the mic!)

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

bapo!
The Big Lebowski

Re: Swamp Wrestling Federation 2021 - duff vs. bapo! (Featuring BFJ and DSafe on the mic!)

Post by bapo! »

The cameras were able to capture the one duff fan in attendance.

With Mark Madden and Larry Zbyszko waiting for me backstage, I knew I would win. Just too much positive energy in that building.

Kudos again to the announce team. I blurt-laughed when DonSafe made his appearance.
bapo!
The Big Lebowski

Re: Swamp Wrestling Federation 2021 - duff vs. bapo! (Featuring BFJ and DSafe on the mic!)

Post by bapo! »

Johnny Carwash wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:02 am Just a thought--because this match takes place in Pittsburgh, does it need its own separate thread from the one for the rest of the sport?
Is the Commissioner trying to start some shit? I've explained before why I usually start my own threads. But I feel comfortable in this one. Or, at least, I used to. If you don't want me here, fine. I'll take my Pittsburgh Championship belt and start my own promotion. In fact, I've already had feelers from Cozi and MeTV about a possible television deal. Mr. Madden told me that he's ready to get back behind the desk. Prepare yourself for a ratings war!
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

bapo! wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:06 am The cameras were able to capture the one duff fan in attendance.

Kudos again to the announce team. I blurt-laughed when DonSafe made his appearance.
That child is brilliant beyond her years.

Sad to see you come back from whatever one-horse town Top Talent sent you to, bapo. Any time you can rustle up a tag team partner, retiree or otherwise, Top Talent will be more than happy to administer another beating.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

"Like losing to the circus!"
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
bapo!
The Big Lebowski

Post by bapo! »

I just read thru this thread, and I see that I made a reference to retiring to Burlington in 2017. That's some great callback on commentary, DonSafe.
DSafetyGuy wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:56 am Any time you can rustle up a tag team partner, retiree or otherwise, Top Talent will be more than happy to administer another beating.
I don't know if that's going to happen. I've only had one partner -- sancarlos. He used to be a tough ol' sumbitch. Back in the day, we never needed an arena, or a ring, or a referee. We didn't need rules. We would just walk into any bar in any town and take on the toughest guys there.

A couple of years ago, I told him that I was going to step away for a while. I needed to let my body and my mind heal. And I needed to find out if I still had a passion for this business. Turns out I do. The fire still burns. So I come back, and sancarlos starts telling me how excited he is about these Godard and Truffault and Resnais films he's been watching. What?! What happened to the guy who just wanted to drink beer, kick ass, and chase pigs? I don't even know this guy anymore.
duff
Donny

Post by duff »

bapo! wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:31 pm What happened to the guy who just wanted to drink beer, kick ass, and chase pigs?
So you have met his wife!
To quote both Bruce Prichard and Tony Schiavone, "Fuck Duff Meltzer."
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

duff wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:37 pm
bapo! wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:31 pm What happened to the guy who just wanted to drink beer, kick ass, and chase pigs?
So you have met his wife!
Bonnie is now less amused than she was at sancarlos' Italian chef voice.
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Re: Swamp Wrestling Federation 2021 - Gunpowder vs. GoodKarma (Featuring BFJ and DSafe on the mic!)

Post by Johnny Carwash »

MATCH 11 - GUNPOWDER VS. GOODKARMA
CIVIC ARENA, PITTSBURGH, PA - brought to you by Iron City Beer and Primanti Bros.

Alright, time for the second half of our Steel City double-bill. This time, Meadville native and superstar wrestler/announcer/rap impresario/NFL prognosticator Gunpowder makes his grand return to the ring to face enigmatic pug-headed underdog GoodKarma!

Which will prevail—Gunpowder's crowd-pleasing Montana Hand Job or GoodKarma's dreaded Pugheadaboutit?

BFJ and DSafetyGuy are back in the booth to call the action. This one set a new North American sports broadcasting record for most hand job jokes in a single event!

Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
bapo!
The Big Lebowski

Re: Swamp Wrestling Federation 2021 - Gunpowder vs. GoodKarma (Featuring BFJ and DSafe on the mic!)

Post by bapo! »

I still think it's an unfair advantage for GoodKarma to be allowed to wear a pug helmet. But I have to say, he really is adorable.
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

Johnny Carwash wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:45 am This one set a new North American sports broadcasting record for most hand job jokes in a single event!
Scratch that, I did some research and they're two short of the record set by Red Barber in 1952.
GoodKarma
The Big Lebowski

Post by GoodKarma »

It’s kinda fun being the heel.

I do question my life every time I look in the mirror.
I would like expensive whiskey.
We only have beer & wine...
What am I, 12?
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

I am never ever let down by any element of this production
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Johnny Carwash wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:54 am
Johnny Carwash wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:45 am This one set a new North American sports broadcasting record for most hand job jokes in a single event!
Scratch that, I did some research and they're two short of the record set by Red Barber in 1952.
Once again, Johnny BallWasher reaches out with his grubby little hands and takes something away from TopTalent. Most unsurprising thing in the business since the Mae Young gave birth to a hand on live television.
bapo!
The Big Lebowski

Post by bapo! »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:34 pm Once again, Johnny BallWasher reaches out with his grubby little hands and takes something away from TopTalent. Most unsurprising thing in the business since the Mae Young gave birth to a hand on live television.
Were you even given the option to fix it in post-production? I'm sure that it could be edited before the tapes have to be couriered to Tallahassee.
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

Looking for ideas for the next couple of matches. Current ones I'm considering:

BSF21 vs. Johnnie (battle of Boston fans)
Pruitt vs. degen (battle of Canada)
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

I feel like this would have been in CoffeeForClosers' move set.