Swamp Wrestling Federation 2021 - Gunpowder vs. GoodKarma (Featuring BFJ and DSafe on the mic!)

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Ryan
The Dude

Re: Swamp Wrestling Federation 2020 - Pruitt vs. sancarlos (Featuring BFJ on the mic!)

Post by Ryan »

he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
mister d
The Dude

Re: Swamp Wrestling Federation 2020 - Pruitt vs. sancarlos (Featuring BFJ on the mic!)

Post by mister d »

"I guess my biggest concern is that Ryan is actually going to have to get up off his ass and step away from those precious maps of his for a few minutes. Because those maps are really outstanding. I hope whoever fills in for him approaches them with the same level of care and attention to detail he does to avoid compromising the end product."
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

These are tremendous promos because if you don't build up your opponent, you end up fighting a nobody and no one cares who wins.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Re: Swamp Wrestling Federation 2020 - Ryan vs. Mister D (Featuring BFJ on the mic!)

Post by Johnny Carwash »

MATCH 4 - RYAN VS. MISTER D

Alright, this time it's the battle of Northeast snarkmasters or AL East fandom or whether they really called that guy that name because he lost weight or something! I'll let the trash talk posts above speak for themselves.

Today's match takes place at the approximate halfway neutral site of the Hartford Civic Center, brought to you by Dunkin' Donuts and Carvel!

Down to ringside where BFJ is back with his commentary:

Duff's Review:
[+] spoiler
Match #4, The Snark Smark between Ryan and Mister D.

Zzzzzzzzz. Zzzzzzzzz. Zzzzzzzzz. Oh excuse, I fell asleep. I know we all think the D in Mister D is for Delaware or Dick, but I am pretty sure it is for Danny Davis wannabe. Wearing a ref shirt in the ring when you aren't a ref. Despicable. Go back to OVW Mister D.

Ryan was so unimpressive even the local high school Brain Game squad don't want his stench to associated with them anymore. Go back to hosting trivia games my friend.

Mister D was impressive in the squash, but his competition was so subpar. It was as if he was going against the juggernaut Yankee teams from 1989 and 1990.

Match rating of Alex Trebek's corpse would have put up a better match than Ryan.
Last edited by Johnny Carwash on Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
rass
The Dude

Re: Swamp Wrestling Federation 2020 - Ryan vs. Mister D (Featuring BFJ on the mic!)

Post by rass »

Me making myself read through every last post I missed in the transition thread.
F32683A2-CDBF-4559-82A0-32CB531B16B7.jpeg
F32683A2-CDBF-4559-82A0-32CB531B16B7.jpeg (133.73 KiB) Viewed 776 times
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

And thanks carwash and great job BFJ
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

I just had to stop and comment as BFJ said I was hitting Delaware with INEFFECTUAL LEFTS. OK, back to the action.

mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

[+] spoiler
I'm going to watch this at lunch.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

[+] spoiler
Great match. Enjoy that spinal stenosis later in life. I hate you.
[+] spoiler
"It's great to be back in here in Hartford!" And the wrestlers are the sarcastic ones?

Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

Should point out that BFJ correctly identifies the names of moves as they are listed in the game about 90% of the time.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

Johnny Carwash wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:50 am Should point out that BFJ correctly identifies the names of moves as they are listed in the game about 90% of the time.
Proud and ashamed all at once.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Found your new side gig, bfj.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

I wish! I grew up wanting to be on the radio or being a play by play guy. My dream gig would be an NFL team play by play position. I’ll take my SWF gig though. I miss SL.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

Quick update, here are the next few matches I have planned:

- chedda vs. Nonlinear
- wlu_lax vs. TBD (if anyone has it out for wlu_lax for some reason, let me know)
- DSafe and Sabo vs. BFJ and TT (Swamp Tag Team Title)
- rass vs. AB (Swamp Title)

Anyone else who's lurking and wants to be involved, let me know.

Will see about getting the next one up within the next few days, announcer schedules permitting.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Anti-referee angle for a wlulax match? TT is already in a match, so maybe pit wlu against brian in a match held here?
GoodKarma
The Big Lebowski

Post by GoodKarma »

No grudges or conflicts with anybody but if you need an opponent for wlu or just another body feel free to use me and my comically-oversized pug head again.
I would like expensive whiskey.
We only have beer & wine...
What am I, 12?
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

Johnny Carwash wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:39 pm
- wlu_lax vs. TBD (if anyone has it out for wlu_lax for some reason, let me know)
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

govmentchedda wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:51 pm Found your new side gig, bfj.
No offence to the combatants, but BFJ's commentary was the highlight of that match.

"The sarcastic remark" and "the snark" are my new favourite wrestling moves, and one line made me almost spit out my beer: "You don;t have to know north from south to know where those punches are landing."

And...
[+] spoiler
Nice pin Mr. D!
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Rass is a fine dude. Would have picked him for a tag team partner to be honest. This is friendly fire.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
bapo!
The Big Lebowski

Post by bapo! »

Just watched the latest batch of matches. Fantastic work, gentlemen. Carwash, Gunpowder, BFJ, and everybody else, thank you for this. BFJ, you have a surprisingly great voice. You sound a lot like Penn Jillette.
I would love to, but getting into a fight would be unwise. I'm about 30 pounds overweight and even more emotionally fragile than usual. In wrestling parlance, I've been playing Barry Horowitz to 2020's Ultimate Warrior. Give me a few months to get in shape. I'll start filming a training montage.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

bapo! wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:11 pm Just watched the latest batch of matches. Fantastic work, gentlemen. Carwash, Gunpowder, BFJ, and everybody else, thank you for this. BFJ, you have a surprisingly great voice. You sound a lot like Penn Jillette.
I would love to, but getting into a fight would be unwise. I'm about 30 pounds overweight and even more emotionally fragile than usual. In wrestling parlance, I've been playing Barry Horowitz to 2020's Ultimate Warrior. Give me a few months to get in shape. I'll start filming a training montage.
I’m shaped like the old Penn Jillette also. Just much shorter. If I’m doing a match with you involved I need to know how to pronounce your name. Is it bay-po or baa-po or bah-po?
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

bapo! wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:11 pm I'll start filming a training montage.
I got a pirate copy of the tape of Bapo! in training!

"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
bapo!
The Big Lebowski

Post by bapo! »

bfj wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:11 pm Is it bay-po or baa-po or bah-po?
It's BAY-po in my head, but I've met Swampers who have said they pronounced it differently. Like any work of art, I'm open to interpretation. Once I finish typing, I'm in the readers' hands.

Starting filming the training montage. (It looks nothing at all like the clip sancarlos posted above.)

Day one: bapo sits at his computer.

Day two: bapo glances at his stationary bike.

Day three: bapo looks at his bike for three seconds longer than the previous day.

[This is accompanied by either Eminem's 'Lose Yourself' or a Joe Satriani guitar solo]
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Re: Swamp Wrestling Federation 2020 - chedda vs. Nonlinear (Featuring Gunpowder on the mic!)

Post by Johnny Carwash »

MATCH 5 - GOVMENTCHEDDA VS. NONLINEAR FC

We're back with the battle of two guys who once had Ryan Giggs as their avatars. Bad blood all around!

Today's match is coming to you from the Pensacola Bay Center, brought to you by Hardee's and Red Man Tobacco. chedda may see a slight hometown advantage if any of his peeps make it out to the panhandle.

Down to ringside where Gunpowder is back with his commentary (sorry, no BFJ this time):

Duff's Review:
[+] spoiler
Now onto the Capitol Podium on a pole match. Chedda v Nonlinear FC.

Nonlinear FC was a bit upset over Chedda taking the aforementioned podium. So he challenged Chedda to get it back. It didn't work. NLFC crumpled quicker than a Jim Harbaugh defense. Chedda for his part wasn't much better. With all the hoopla coming into this match, these two underperformed. Maybe it would have been better to bring in the Shaman.

These two get a negative insurrection. Lock these two up and throw away the key.
Last edited by Johnny Carwash on Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bapo!
The Big Lebowski

Re: Swamp Wrestling Federation 2020 - chedda vs. Nonlinear (Featuring Gunpowder on the mic!)

Post by bapo! »

Bold move scheduling this match opposite the annual January 4 Tokyo Dome show. I didn't think it could compete with Okada/Ospreay, but it turns out that Jim Harbaugh can really go in the ring. Nice work, guys. As always, the commentary is excellent.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

[+] spoiler
Wow. Got my ass kicked.[/quote]
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

bapo! wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:34 pm Bold move scheduling this match opposite the annual January 4 Tokyo Dome show. I didn't think it could compete with Okada/Ospreay, but it turns out that Jim Harbaugh can really go in the ring. Nice work, guys. As always, the commentary is excellent.
I was in Tokyo doing play by play for that show.
bapo!
The Big Lebowski

Post by bapo! »

bfj wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:04 pm
bapo! wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:34 pm Bold move scheduling this match opposite the annual January 4 Tokyo Dome show. I didn't think it could compete with Okada/Ospreay, but it turns out that Jim Harbaugh can really go in the ring. Nice work, guys. As always, the commentary is excellent.
I was in Tokyo doing play by play for that show.
At the end of the match, I had the distinct impression that I heard Penn Jillette yell 'Rainnnnnmakerrrrrrr!' Now I know why.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

BFJ picking up Don Callis' scraps.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Re: Swamp Wrestling Federation 2020 - brian vs. wlu_lax (Featuring Gunpowder on the mic!)

Post by Johnny Carwash »

MATCH 6 - BRIAN VS. WLU_LAX

Second half of our bill from the Pensacola Bay Center features brian vs. wlu_lax, who we can imagine have a beef for some reason.

Down to ringside where Gunpowder is back with his commentary:

Duff's Review:
[+] spoiler
Macth #6. The Speling Be.

Brian and wlu_lx put on a very exciting match. Most unexpected. Of course this was before our expat Swamper decided to head south of the border for some cerveza en la playa. It wasn't the election that put him on this path, it was the loss to wul_lax.

There were quite a few exciting spots. Most impressive was the moves of lax_wlu. Looks like he should be in Mexico with the luchas instead of the MotorSin Aneurysm. These two middle aged men left it all inside the squared circle. Hats off to the two of you. Uwl_xla won with a beautiful Spelchek to put Brian down.

This match gets the Scripps Golden Knights trophy. This was a rare light of hope shining from the SWF. Congrats boys.
Last edited by Johnny Carwash on Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Re: Swamp Wrestling Federation 2020 - brian vs. wlu_lax (Featuring Gunpowder on the mic!)

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Johnny Carwash wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:07 am MATCH 6 - BRIAN VS. WLU_LAX

Second half of our bill from the Pensacola Bay Center features brian vs. wlu_lax, who we can imagine have a beef for some reason.

Down to ringside where Gunpowder is back with his commentary:

the way that started I was sure the headline was
"two things wlu_lax6 does poorly...spelling and wrastling"
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

The crabs are healing up nicely, thanks for the shout out.
"Puts him in the speculum" was my favorite part of that match.
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

bfj wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:12 am The crabs are healing up nicely, thanks for the shout out.
Explains why you have so much Old Bay on hand.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

Johnny Carwash wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:13 am
bfj wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:12 am The crabs are healing up nicely, thanks for the shout out.
Explains why you have so much Old Bay on hand.
Old Bay on hands means bad times for my wife. Folks, if you are ever going to digitally penetrate your lady, make sure you haven't been peeling shrimp or picking crabs covered in Old Bay. Just a friendly tip, from your old pal BFJ.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Maybe he should call the matches in Arabic!

Shouldn't Brian be wearing a Luchadores' mask?
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

For some dumb reason, I STILL haven't watched my match. Hopefully I can remedy that later, but on top of normal work, it's the youngest's 7th birthday, and the 14 yo is symptomatic.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

govmentchedda wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:00 am For some dumb reason, I STILL haven't watched my match. Hopefully I can remedy that later, but on top of normal work, it's the youngest's 7th birthday, and the 14 yo is symptomatic.
Happy bday little one, feel better older one.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

govmentchedda wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:00 am For some dumb reason, I STILL haven't watched my match. Hopefully I can remedy that later, but on top of normal work, it's the youngest's 7th birthday, and the 14 yo is symptomatic.
Good luck to the 14 year old and also, weirdly, its my youngest's 6th. Maybe a re-listen to Boxer inspired us one year apart.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Thanks Fellas, and yes, while I'm here at work for a bit, I think I'll put on Boxer.