Wither Colin Kaepernick

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

sancarlos
The Dude

Re: Wither Colin Kaepernick

Post by sancarlos »

Jerloma wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:45 am Public. The town high school. A sub actually tried to giver her detention the other day but she told her she couldn't do that and the sub said to her "We'll see what I can do." I'll fucking cut these people.
Go get 'em!
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

If I was stationed closer to you guys I'd come to your kid's school and speak on "recruitment." But really, I'd just meander my way to what patriotism is all about.

I'm not supposed to get political in uniform, but I'm sure I could use the right words to make the faculty mad, but not mad enough to be petty and tattle on me.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

rass wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:39 pm
So the Seahawks managed to piss off everyone on both sides of this debate. Nice.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Post by Joe K »

Eric Reid, who was the first Niners player to join CK’s protest, is also unsigned. And there are reports that when the Bengals met with him they demanded a promise to stand for the anthem.
Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Post by Joe K »

It’s interesting how NBA TV ratings are way up this year, despite many of the league’s most prominent players vocally supporting Kaepernick and criticizing Trump. Hell, Trump made a big show out of “uninviting” the Warriors to the White House. It’s almost like not all sports fans are MAGA hat wearing white dudes, a fact which seems to always get lost in the Kaepernick “debate.” Too many people just take it as a given that having politically-active black players is “bad for business.”
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Please note that the person who wrote these tweets works for the NFL, should that matter.

“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:07 pm Please note that the person who wrote these tweets works for the NFL, should that matter.

What the fuck kind of nonsense is that shit? Kaepernick is going to protest. Why should he be forced to consider anything (not just the anthem haha...that's rich)

Is this some kind of Randall Pink Floyd moment where he crumples the pledge and throws it at the coach and tells him his priority for the summer is Aerosmith tickets?
Noli Timere Messorem
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

"On how to handle everything?" The fuck does that mean?
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

No it makes sense guys. The Steelers wanted to know how Ben Roethlisberger was going to "handle everything" going forward with his rapes and police dog work and the Texans were concerned that JJ Watt was spending too much time collecting hurricane relief.

Haha jk
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Pruitt wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:33 pm "On how to handle everything?" The fuck does that mean?
That the Seahawks have no interest other than just putting up a front. But, hey, they signed Stephen Morris, who has thrown a grand total of zero NFL passes in his previous four years, but he does have 22 transactions on his Pro Football Reference page prior to they signing (amazing how many times a guy can be cut, waived, added to the practice squad, activated from the practice squad, and signed).

Seriously, what do the Seahawks have to plan for, he's gonna kneel during the anthem and media will ask him questions during the allotted media times, including probably a press conference after signing.

Wow, so much for an NFL team to handle.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

I wish former Seahawk and Green Beret Nate Boyer wasn't lost in this whole saga.

Money talks, bullshit walks.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:10 am
Pruitt wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:33 pm "On how to handle everything?" The fuck does that mean?
That the Seahawks have no interest other than just putting up a front. But, hey, they signed Stephen Morris, who has thrown a grand total of zero NFL passes in his previous four years, but he does have 22 transactions on his Pro Football Reference page prior to they signing (amazing how many times a guy can be cut, waived, added to the practice squad, activated from the practice squad, and signed).

Seriously, what do the Seahawks have to plan for, he's gonna kneel during the anthem and media will ask him questions during the allotted media times, including probably a press conference after signing.

Wow, so much for an NFL team to handle.

Life is full of distractions but woe is an NFL player who has to have a teammate who did something once.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

“For us to have a face, as an African-American, at least a face that could be in the media,” Pegula continued, “we could fall in behind that.”

Kaepernick’s name was not mentioned again.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

“The problem we have is, we have a president who will use that as fodder to do his mission that I don’t feel is in the best interests of America,” said Kraft, who is a longtime supporter of Mr. Trump’s. “It’s divisive and it’s horrible.”

The owners were intent on finding a way to avoid Trump’s continued criticism.

"The owners were intent on proving that public bullying, even while demonstrating they have the ability to recognize its disingenuous and toxic roots, works on them."
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Maybe Kraft's $1,000,000 donation to Trump's inauguration was only to get that Super Bowl ring back from Putin.
Baloney
The Big Lebowski

Post by Baloney »

Elway gives deposition in Kaepernick collusion case

https://www.9news.com/article/sports/el ... -552477114
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Hmmm, wonder if the NFL hiring a firm to create a survey asking whether Kaepernick should be signed helps his case.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

My insta-reaction here might not be a great one so I’m going to go to a cookout and think about it some more.
Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Post by Joe K »

Although Nike isn’t the most likable company, I’ve enjoyed the predictable social media meltdowns from the likes of Clay Travis, Britt McHenry, etc.

My more serious reaction is that Nike recognizes that Kaepernick is overwhelmingly popular among both black fans and athletes (Serena Williams is just the latest superstar athlete to speak out in favor of him) and also more liberal white fans — and that embracing him can actually be good for business.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

Joe K wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:04 pm Although Nike isn’t the most likable company, I’ve enjoyed the predictable social media meltdowns from the likes of Clay Travis, Britt McHenry, etc.

My more serious reaction is that Nike recognizes that Kaepernick is overwhelmingly popular among both black fans and athletes (Serena Williams is just the latest superstar athlete to speak out in favor of him) and also more liberal white fans — and that embracing him can actually be good for business.
Imagine an ad campaign with Colin Kaepernick being *the* reason you'd boycott Nike.
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

So my initial reaction was taking exception with the phrasing “sacrificing everything” but 6 hours later the meltdowns are worth whatever wording was necessary.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

mister d wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:58 pm So my initial reaction was taking exception with the phrasing “sacrificing everything” but 6 hours later the meltdowns are worth whatever wording was necessary.
So you're saying they should dress him in camo next time?
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

50 years from now Kaepernick will be the John Carlos/Tommie Smith of this generation.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Post by Joe K »

Johnnie wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:38 am Lol @ idiots destroying their already purchased Nike stuff.
The popularity of sneaker brands like Nike is driven by a much younger and more diverse consumer base than the typical Fortune 500 company. Under Armour took a hit due to the perception that the one Curry model looked like “dad shoes” and Adidas’ partnership with Kanye on Yeezys has been very successful. Do people really think Steve Brannon acolytes burning their Nikes is going to *hurt* Nike’s brand?
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Nike survived the Hale Bopp comet mass suicide. They'll be fine.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

MAGA chuds will forget about it in two days after getting themselves all in an outrage about some school district somewhere that has a separate bathroom for transgender students.
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

Wish I could have bet on the Pat Tillman "ads" being a thing.
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

This is the best tribute for Pat Tillman:

I fucking hate these shitstain civilians getting offended on my behalf for their feigned patriotic outage. I think I may need to reach out to that dude from Deadspin and ask if I can write an article.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Johnnie wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:40 am This is the best tribute for Pat Tillman:

I fucking hate these shitstain civilians getting offended on my behalf for their feigned patriotic outage. I think I may need to reach out to that dude from Deadspin and ask if I can write an article.
Doesn't it get to a point where you want to scream out that unless someone served in the military, they should shut the fuck up about what is the right way to honour those who serve or served in the military?
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

I really, really wish when he started kneeling that I would have driven around to every sports bar in Reno and started offering to buy his memorabilia for pennies on the dollar instead of them throwing it out or destroying it or whatever they did with it. I think back and just in Reno's sports bars alone where was probably what one day might be hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of memorabilia and who the hell knows where most of it is now (some -- maybe most -- of them presumably saved it and put it away somewhere safe, which would be the smart move, but I know a lot of it got destroyed, given away or otherwise just squandered.)
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Can't be a social media drama queen with a video of you selling your jersey for $8, Brian.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

mister d wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:39 pm Can't be a social media drama queen with a video of you selling your jersey for $8, Brian.
Fair. I still think if I hustled a little I could have picked up a lot of stuff for really cheap though. There was a time where damn near every place in town had a signed Kaepernick UNR jersey. Those are going to be worth some serious bread one day.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Pruitt wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:29 pm
Johnnie wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:40 am This is the best tribute for Pat Tillman:

Doesn't it get to a point where you want to scream out that unless someone served in the military, they should shut the fuck up about what is the right way to honour those who serve or served in the military?
Not completely, but it's close. There are a lot of Veteran Justice Warriors out there that think that because they served they get to do just that: silence the opposition. Only their takes matter. I say everyone gets a say because everyone takes part in civics and thus you get a take. People who didn't serve in the military still get to serve in government too.

The thing is...this stuff isn't even about veterans or the flag at all. That's just the disgusting spin. It's about civil rights. I'm just fed up that people who spin it as some affront to me and people like me aren't being fair and using me as a crutch. That's where I get angry.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Johnnie wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:21 pmThere are a lot of Veteran Justice Warriors out there that think that because they served they get to do just that: silence the opposition. Only their takes matter.
What's super weird is that it doesn't even apply to all veterans, just the ones who agree with them.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

mister d wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:42 pm
Johnnie wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:21 pmThere are a lot of Veteran Justice Warriors out there that think that because they served they get to do just that: silence the opposition. Only their takes matter.
What's super weird is that it doesn't even apply to all veterans, just the ones who agree with them.
Oh definitely. If I were to go toe to toe with the Vetdouchebros from Article 15/Black Rifle, I'd get libtard cucked out of the room and probably Swift Boated because they are the only voice of veterans according to them.

I like re-reading about Evan Hafer getting put down like a bitch: