"Pivoting to Video"

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

brian
The Dude

Re: "Pivoting to Video"

Post by brian »

Yeah, that's part of it. The Red Wings coverage actually is pretty great. Except I don't really care very much about the Red Wings these days and they suck anyway.

But that's a fair point. I was really interested in the what they would do for the Lions coverage since the Detroit Free Press really sucks and the News barely better, but The Athletic really dropped the ball this last season. And they started up mid-season for the Tigers so I'm hoping that's better come this spring.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Their Cubs coverage has always been great. Of course, that was back when they were just a Chicago thing, so we'll see if the global takeover affects them.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

This country is so fucked in a dozen different ways. Hard to even know where to begin. Bad enough with a corrupt racist in the presidency, but factor in the oversize influence by Silicon Valley techdouche edgelords and hard to see things getting better any time soon regardless of who is running things.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

I don't get it. $110 million is a whole lot for a branch but not the actual product. I mean I appreciate the football phone and sneaker phone as much as the next, but outside of SI swimsuit spinoff tv shows, what else does the brand have of value? CNN/SI was a dog. Did Meredith give up the podcasts as part of the deal? That could be worth something.
https://www.thestreet.com/investing/aut ... h-14972654
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

wlu_lax6 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 8:54 am I don't get it. $110 million is a whole lot for a branch but not the actual product. I mean I appreciate the football phone and sneaker phone as much as the next, but outside of SI swimsuit spinoff tv shows, what else does the brand have of value? CNN/SI was a dog. Did Meredith give up the podcasts as part of the deal? That could be worth something.
https://www.thestreet.com/investing/aut ... h-14972654
Weird.

I read about this deal and thought about the Life Magazine and National Lampoon brands, bot of which had some cachet even after the magazines folded, but are probably not worth a dime now.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."