hipsters converging with rednecks with capitalists...

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

wlu_lax6
The Dude

hipsters converging with rednecks with capitalists...

Post by wlu_lax6 »

my head is spinning

Rapha is a high fashion British cycling company
Exhibit A
Exhibit B
Exhibit C
Exhibit D
Exhibit E

I think you get the point.

well they just announced that they sold a majority interest in the brand to an investment company headed by two grandsons of Walmart founder Sam Walton.

bicycling wrote:The Walton brothers are well-known in cycling. Both are committed mountain bikers, and, through the Walton Family Foundation, have committed millions of dollars to trail construction in the area around Walmart’s headquarters city of Bentonville, Arkansas, helping to transform it into a growing destination for riders. As well, according to Bicycle Retailer, RZC owns a stake in Allied Cycle Works, an Arkansas-based bikemaker founded last year out of the bankruptcy of Guru Cycles. Tom Walton was a keynote speaker at last fall’s IMBA World Summit, which was held in Bentonville.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Re: hipsters converging with rednecks with capitalists...

Post by P.D.X. »

They opened a cafe/store just down the street from me. It's very much more geared to the competitive/serious (read: wealthy) cycler scene moreso than the hipster crowd. Also fairly certain they imported all their staff from Milan.
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

Yeah, they got anything for riding pennyfarthings?
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

They've opened a shop here in Seattle. I'll admit their stuff looks cool (the simple jerseys are nice), but there's no way I'm spending that much money on a cycling jersey, especially when I already have 5 or 6 hanging in my closet.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Rapha stuff looks badass, but it's crazy pricey. They started doing Sky's stuff a few years ago.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

North Face's parent company is buying Williamson-Dickie. That is the company that makes Dickies scrubs and Walls outdoor coveralls. Now the question is do we see Dickies being worn on college campus by kids who have never done a day of hard work.
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

wlu_lax6 wrote:North Face's parent company is buying Williamson-Dickie. That is the company that makes Dickies scrubs and Walls outdoor coveralls. Now the question is do we see Dickies being worn on college campus by kids who have never done a day of hard work.

I wore Dickies pants every day I did landscaping work for the city during college summer breaks. They held up very well and were rather comfortable.
Birds don’t suck. They lack the necessary anatomical structures to do so.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

wlu_lax6 wrote:North Face's parent company is buying Williamson-Dickie. That is the company that makes Dickies scrubs and Walls outdoor coveralls. Now the question is do we see Dickies being worn on college campus by kids who have never done a day of hard work.

Don't we already see that with Carhart stuff?
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

And whats with Eddie Vedder wearing flannels when you know he's never cut down a damn tree???
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

wlu_lax6 wrote: Now the question is do we see Dickies being worn on college campus by kids who have never done a day of hard work.

They climbed Everest, cut them some slack
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

mister d wrote:And whats with Eddie Vedder wearing flannels when you know he's never cut down a damn tree???

True but he eats his lunch. He goes to the lavatory. On Wednesdays he goes shopping and has buttered scones for tea.
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

mister d wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:40 pm And whats with Eddie Vedder wearing flannels when you know he's never cut down a damn tree???
Well if he is borrowing them from other people you would not expect him to cut down a tree...saw this article and this just seemed like a fine place to link it. Good little story.
https://www.bicycling.com/news/a2812156 ... bicyclist/