The Indictment Thread (Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part II)

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

brian
The Dude

Re: The Indictment Thread (Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part II)

Post by brian »

I love the idea of all of these scam artists and sleaze merchants like Stone and Manafort thinking that by getting Trump elected the gravy train will really start rolling in money only to immediately realize that all of their dirty laundry is going to be hung out to air and they will be destroyed publicly, politically and financially.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I say this every so often, but it's crazy that he can still tweet out something that stuns the more reasonable among us (I'm including myself).
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Tom 1860
Jesus Quintana

Post by Tom 1860 »

Sorry if this has been done, but does Trump understand that he is not in the playground?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41958553
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Openly attacks US intelligence while saying he takes Putin at his word- joek- you still think no collusion?
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Tom 1860 wrote:Sorry if this has been done, but does Trump understand that he is not in the playground?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41958553

My daughter read that tweet to me on Saturday night, and I'd been tailgating all day, so... Drizzle-drunk.

I couldn't stop laughing. It was partly due to the absurdity, but also... That's a pretty fucking funny bit of shade. Yes, for a teenager, but when you look at it through that filter...
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Media needs to calm down about Trump making stupid faces while attempting a complicated handshake meant to symbolize international cooperation with a foreign leader with a brutal disregard for human rights. It's getting stupid, no wonder they are mistrusted.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Guys, guys, don't mock Trump ...
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

How about an image of a cyst in a dog's ear that looks like Trump?

"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

It's been two weeks, I'm jonesing for another indictment.

In the meantime, holy shit - Donald Trump Jr was communicating with Wikileaks the month before the election?

Among other things, Wikileaks messaged him with a link where readers could search through the Podesta or DNC emails - and Trump Jr tweeted it out a couple days later. Damn.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... ks/545738/
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Steve of phpBB wrote:Among other things, Wikileaks messaged him with a link where readers could search through the Podesta or DNC emails - and Trump Jr tweeted it out a couple days later. Damn.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... ks/545738/

Has anyone, ever, gone from being a hero to a piece of garbage as quickly as Julian Assange. And I mean, an exalted hero.

5 years ago or so, he was the defender of free speech, the great white hope of democracy and freedom and transparency. Hell, Benedict Cumberbatch played him in the movie.
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

Maybe I'm stupid or something, but why is Wikileaks sending DMs?
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Not great for Glenn Greenwald. I am amused.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

From the Guardian:

On election day itself, 8 November, WikiLeaks contacted Trump Jr to make the extraordinary suggestion that should his father lose the contest, as was then widely expected, he should refuse to concede the race and instead turn the spotlight on the media for “rigging” the result. Even more bizarrely, WikiLeaks wrote again in December, by which time Donald Trump Sr was the president-in-waiting, to ask for support in Assange’s legal battles against the governments of Sweden, the UK and Australia. “It would be real easy and helpful for your dad to suggest that Australia appoint Assange ambassador to DC.”

The Twitter message added: “They won’t do it but it will send the right signals to Australia, UK + Sweden to start following the law and stop bending it to ingratiate themselves with the Clintons.”
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Just trying to generate a transformative discussion about corrupt media, corrupt PACs and primary corruption, guys.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Nonlinear FC wrote:Well, now, this is interesting...

http://thehill.com/policy/international ... e-election

Already seen pushback on that which is pretty innocent - there were elections in Russia in 2016 and money sent to embassies around the world to help make sure Russian citizens abroad could vote etc.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Awesome:

https://youtu.be/e-Qcufnu_jA

https://youtu.be/KsSxiSLcy7k

Gotta love a person who has such a poor memory when being questioned under oath.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Louie Gohmert's chart....it explains everything!

https://twitter.com/chrisgeidner/status ... 6814130178
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Johnnie wrote:Awesome:

Gotta love a person who has such a poor memory when being questioned under oath.

What a sack of shit - lying, buck passing and then reverting to moral outrage at the end. A true Trumpian.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Guess how your typical Fox News watcher reacted to this clip:

https://youtu.be/RnsAZzsdI1U
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

The President cuts and pastes his tweets about mass shootings, and can't even manage to do that correctly.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

We're living in The Onion.
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

Rep. Luis Guitierrez wrote:"Before I begin, I think I have a solution that could allow the committee to move onto more important matters like gun control and immigration. Your side clearly wants an investigation of Hillary Clinton, and our side has been begging for months to hold hearings and start an investigation of the Trump administration and campaign’s improper ties to Mr. Putin and the Russian government. My solution would save the American taxpayers a lot of grief and a lot of money by eliminating the need for the investigation. I propose we simply go to the president and the former secretary of state and ask them both to resign."
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
Baloney
The Big Lebowski

Post by Baloney »

Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

The Russia Investigation's Spectacular Accumulation of Lies

Column in the Post:

What does public life look like without the constraining internal force of character — without the firm ethical commitments often (though not exclusively) rooted in faith? It looks like a presidential campaign unable to determine right from wrong and loyalty from disloyalty. It looks like an administration engaged in a daily assault on truth and convinced that might makes right. It looks like the residual scum left from retreating political principle — the worship of money, power and self-promoted fame. The Trumpian trinity.
Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Post by Joe K »

Pruitt wrote:The Russia Investigation's Spectacular Accumulation of Lies

Column in the Post:

What does public life look like without the constraining internal force of character — without the firm ethical commitments often (though not exclusively) rooted in faith? It looks like a presidential campaign unable to determine right from wrong and loyalty from disloyalty. It looks like an administration engaged in a daily assault on truth and convinced that might makes right. It looks like the residual scum left from retreating political principle — the worship of money, power and self-promoted fame. The Trumpian trinity.

That's a good piece. But I think its author makes the common mistake of treating Trumpism as the cause, rather than result of, the ugliest features of right-wing politics in this country. For example, evangelical hypocrisy is supporting Moore is hardly new. I bet all those same people backed David Vitter. They also surely have backed countless other politicians who fought against equality, social justice and other supposed goals of organized religion. Even the Trump campaign's willingness to exploit hostile foreign entities to win an election isn't new (see: Nixon/Vietnam, Reagan/Iran). I think Trump's personal crudeness and ignorance are somewhat unique, at least at the Presidential level, but I'm not sure he is otherwise taking the American rightwing anywhere it wasn't already trying to go. Hopefully there are enough moderates who take note of, and are appalled by, what the American right looks like with its mask off.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

The coming tax thing is so bad on so many levels, that it simply raises my suspicions that we will never have another free and fair election.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

tennbengal wrote:The coming tax thing is so bad on so many levels, that it simply raises my suspicions that we will never have another free and fair election.

You're going to see a billionaire or two get assassinated, and the celebration will be deafening. Once that happens, the leaders in Washington who have their ears to the ground will get to hang around.
Noli Timere Messorem
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

I mean, you only vote for that if you know that it can never be overturned, right? Like, the act of voting on that should cement a wave - so why are they proceeding? Only makes sense if they know that the wave won't occur.

It literally harms everyone but the top 1%. I've never seen anything like it.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

tennbengal wrote:I mean, you only vote for that if you know that it can never be overturned, right? Like, the act of voting on that should cement a wave - so why are they proceeding? Only makes sense if they know that the wave won't occur.

Or you personally benefit and have had your donor base threaten you so why not.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

tennbengal wrote:I mean, you only vote for that if you know that it can never be overturned, right? Like, the act of voting on that should cement a wave - so why are they proceeding? Only makes sense if they know that the wave won't occur.

It literally harms everyone but the top 1%. I've never seen anything like it.

Maybe they are seeing just how far they can push people before they break. Could this be the next stage in their brilliant strategy of getting people to support things that ultimately hurt them?

Do you get the sense that enough people are seeing through this tax bill that they won't get caught up in 2nd amendment and pro-life talk come next election?
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

mister d wrote:

Or you personally benefit and have had your donor base threaten you so why not.

I guess I am asking, the ordinary reaction would be a wave - and then new tax legislation to over-turn this abomination. But what if there's no wave because there isn't gonna be an election cycle that would yield such a wave? What if that really is all done now? That's what I keep coming back to. This so clearly only benefits billionairres or those close to billionairres that I can't comprehend how naked the money grab is.