The Indictment Thread (Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part II)

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

brian
The Dude

Re: The Indictment Thread (Trump Admin Meltdown Thread Part II)

Post by brian »

He's probably still out, but conflicting reports about whether he resigned or is being fired. Sounds like the latter, which changes the narrative quite a bit.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

If he is getting fired maybe he can tell Trump to go fuck himself on the way out.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

brian wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:08 am He's probably still out, but conflicting reports about whether he resigned or is being fired. Sounds like the latter, which changes the narrative quite a bit.
Rosenstein wouldn't be the first Trump official to learn of their decision to resign by reading it in the press .
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Yeah, that was fucking weird. Even the way the news channels were covering it was off... MSNBC said "Rosenstein Summoned to WH"

No, actually, turns out he requested a meeting.

You've got The Atlantic out there saying this is a national emergency. C'mon man.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

A certain former Swamper posted a note on his Linkedin page that his New York law firm is representing George Papadopoulos in the Russia probe.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Its not a hot take to say "anyone defending a 3rd party from a sexual assault allegation is really indicting their own character", right? Because that seems to be getting ignored here.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

I don't that's getting completely lost here, at least I've seen some articles pointing out the folly for Republicans with women right now. I posted an article on this board to that point late last week.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

mister d wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:13 pm Its not a hot take to say "anyone defending a 3rd party from a sexual assault allegation is really indicting their own character", right? Because that seems to be getting ignored here.
Reminds me of an exchange I read in a biography of Meyer Lanky:
(Going from memory - paraphrased)
Senator (to lawyer for Lansky and Lucky Luciano): I look at you in amazement sir, that you would choose to associate and represent such men!
Lawyer: I look at you in amazement sir - a senator of this country - that you would deny these men their legal right to counsel When the day comes that persons with a bad reputation are beyond the pale of justice, then our liberty is gone! (Harrumph, harrumph, harrumph...)
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I don't mean "Republicans risk losing even more women by taking this stance", I mean "Republicans are unequivocally wrong for taking this stance". The statements of support are being reported on unchallenged, both logically and morally.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

mister d wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:43 pm I don't mean "Republicans risk losing even more women by taking this stance", I mean "Republicans are unequivocally wrong for taking this stance". The statements of support are being reported on unchallenged, both logically and morally.
Oh, the MSM being the MSM and swimming in Lake False Equivalency*?

* - I know this isn't that, but it's at least adjacent.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I've done a wonderful job, truly the best job, of shielding myself from actually watching him or hearing his voice. Is he always this slurry when he speaks?
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

mister d wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:53 am I've done a wonderful job, truly the best job, of shielding myself from actually watching him or hearing his voice. Is he always this slurry when he speaks?
I don't watch him a lot myself, but yes. Though it's more pronounced some times. His brain is broken.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

"We reject the doctrine of globalism and embrace the doctrine of patriotism."

Positively Hitlerian.

He thinks he's in a hall in South Carolina or something.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

Pruitt wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:59 am "We reject the doctrine of globalism and embrace the doctrine of patriotism."

Positively Hitlerian.

He thinks he's in a hall in South Carolina or something.
I like how the whole world laughed at him beforehand.
Noli Timere Messorem
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

rass wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:50 am

God, this is the dumbest fucking timeline.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

"I give quite often to charities supporting the homeless, but when do the homeless ever give anything to me?"
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

I enjoyed the shots of the Chinese Ambassador furiously scribbling notes during Trump's stump speech.

In my imagination, he was simply writing "asshole" in mandarin over and over.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

At the end of the day, Trump showed a masterful level of self deprecation, which is how he runs this confidence game. Give his base a morsel to chew on. Watch how he brings this up at his next rally.
Noli Timere Messorem
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

mister d wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:53 am I've done a wonderful job, truly the best job, of shielding myself from actually watching him or hearing his voice. Is he always this slurry when he speaks?
When he tries reading, yes, he sounds like a stroke victim. Then there are the times when his dentures start slipping, like when he announced the embassy moving to Jerusalem. "God Bless the Unita Shtashtes."

Then there are other times when he tries to say big boy words like "anonymous"

-Pruitt
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

EnochRoot wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:35 pm At the end of the day, Trump showed a masterful level of self deprecation, which is how he runs this confidence game. Give his base a morsel to chew on. Watch how he brings this up at his next rally.
I don't think he realized they were laughing at him. Look how proud he looks, absorbing the laughter and love he never got from his daddy.

I understand Trump has no concept of addressing an audience like the UN, but how incompetent (or subservient?) are his speech writers to go in front of the UN and give a campaign rally speech bragging about how much he has accomplished for the US? Then he went into attacking the Dems for their attack on Kavanaugh. You are in front of the fucking UN! Nobody there can vote for you!
-Pruitt
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

The Sybian wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:45 pm
EnochRoot wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:35 pm At the end of the day, Trump showed a masterful level of self deprecation, which is how he runs this confidence game. Give his base a morsel to chew on. Watch how he brings this up at his next rally.
I don't think he realized they were laughing at him. Look how proud he looks, absorbing the laughter and love he never got from his daddy.

I understand Trump has no concept of addressing an audience like the UN, but how incompetent (or subservient?) are his speech writers to go in front of the UN and give a campaign rally speech bragging about how much he has accomplished for the US? Then he went into attacking the Dems for their attack on Kavanaugh. You are in front of the fucking UN! Nobody there can vote for you!
He’s the useful idiot in more ways than one. I’m convinced he’s got a diagnosable mental condition that actually deflects the laughter from being an attack. Remember, the truth needn’t extend beyond his nose.
Noli Timere Messorem
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Oh my god.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2018/s ... ition-team

Guardian with an excerpt from Michael Lewis' upcoming book, this on the transition team fiasco.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

I'm gonna sound like a dick here, but I've been banging the drum about how much of a dumpster fire the transition was as far back as November 2016.

They fucking fired Christie. That's batshit crazy.

I've been involved with a transition, I know what it's supposed to look like. What these guys did was borderline criminal.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

EnochRoot wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:57 pm

I’m convinced he’s got a diagnosable mental condition that actually deflects the laughter from being an attack. Remember, the truth needn’t extend beyond his nose.
100%, it's Narcissistic Personality Disorder or Malignant Narcissism, which is a combination of NPD and sociopathy. I don't think there is even an argument that Trump doesn't have NPD or isn't a sociopath. Every description of the disorders fits Trump to a T. He is actually a cartoonish caricature exaggeration of all the markers for diagnosing both. I totally understand and respect the standard psychologist practice of refusing to diagnose someone without personally treating someone, but with both NPD and sociopathy, I think it's easier to diagnose from a distance, and an intelligent sociopath can easily hide their sociopathy, and observing a narcissist in the wild is better than sitting down and talking to them.
-Pruitt
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:03 am I'm gonna sound like a dick here, but I've been banging the drum about how much of a dumpster fire the transition was as far back as November 2016.

They fucking fired Christie. That's batshit crazy.

I've been involved with a transition, I know what it's supposed to look like. What these guys did was borderline criminal.
Not sure how that could make you sound like a dick, it's damn clear. You take a President Elect with absolutely no experience, understanding of how government works and no desire to learn, and staff up with people with no experience or knowledge, but a fuckton of hubris and of course it's a disaster. There was no vetting of anyone, partially because "they said nice things about me" is the only requirement Trump cares about(NPD!), and partially because nobody with any skill and common sense would go near this Administration. They were woefully understaffed on top of being managed by incompetent hacks.
-Pruitt
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Just the whole "I've been saying this for years" thing.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

This motherfucker threw paper towels at hurricane victims in Puerto Rico and nobody gave a shit. Maybe it will take an event like the Omaha riots that got to the point they did in part due to Wilson's stroke crippling the gov for people to care.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:22 am Just the whole "I've been saying this for years" thing.
Oh, now I see it. You are indeed a dick.

Naw, it's well worth repeating. With all of the shit that happens every damned day, it's important to continue to bring up the gross incompetencies. I forget about shit all the time that would have been Presidency killing scandals under any other Admin. I doubt a single week has gone by without a new incident that would have been earth shattering under any previous President.
-Pruitt
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Can't wait to read that book.

Hey, Nonlinear, maybe he'll let you write the foreword! :^)
duff
Donny

Post by duff »

I only wish my friend that was chief of staff for the VP would speak up about the transition. He left 4 or 5 months after the inauguration. I know he won't because of his relationship with Pence, but damn there has to be some good stories in there somewhere.
To quote both Bruce Prichard and Tony Schiavone, "Fuck Duff Meltzer."
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

tennbengal wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:52 am Oh my god.

Guardian with an excerpt from Michael Lewis' upcoming book, this on the transition team fiasco.
The scene of Trump yelling at Christie over "his" money is wild.

So the source was Bannon? Christie? Melania?
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Pruitt wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:42 pm
tennbengal wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:52 am Oh my god.

The scene of Trump yelling at Christie over "his" money is wild.

So the source was Bannon? Christie? Melania?
I started reading Woodward's "Fear," and it had a very similar description of Trump's anger at having to form a transition team. Trump thought it was stupid to think about transition before the election, and blamed Romney losing the election because he wasted time and money preparing for transition. According to Woodward's sources, Trump wanted to fire Christie and kill the transition team, because it was a waste of time and money, and he thought having a transition team jinxed his chances of winning.

It goes without saying, but Trump never wanted to govern. He doesn't give a fuck about policies or anything other than the prestige and ability to use the Presidency to grift. I'm guessing Bannon was the source, but according to Woodward, Bannon saved the Transition Team by convincing Trump that if they disbanded the team, Morning Joe would insist Trump was admitting he had no chance of winning.
-Pruitt
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

This is like legit 90 percent true.

teeteebee
Brandt

Post by teeteebee »

brian wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:58 pm This is like legit 90 percent true.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!
oh shit...
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Who didn’t love you as a kid?
teeteebee
Brandt

Post by teeteebee »

brian wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:19 pm Who didn’t love you as a kid?
That's not the issue. It's the incessant whining you do. I remember when you were going to move out of the country. You haven't.

Now you want the life on earth the be obliterated. Just stop bitching. Move or don't. Just stop complaining.
oh shit...
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

How do you put somebody on ignore?

Asking for a friend.

No, that’s a lie. I’m asking because I sense a toxic persornality in our presence. And fuck that shit.
Noli Timere Messorem
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

Never mind! Figured it out.
Noli Timere Messorem