Podcasts

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, DaveInSeattle, rass

Johnnie
The Dude
Posts: 12075
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:31 pm
Location: ABQ, BITCH!

Re: Podcasts

Post by Johnnie » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:46 pm

Anyone listening to The Book of Basketball 2.0? It isn't bad. But it isn't an audiobook like it kinda should be.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.

User avatar
DaveInSeattle
Walter Sobchak
Posts: 4964
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:51 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Podcasts

Post by DaveInSeattle » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:02 pm

Johnnie wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:46 pm
Anyone listening to The Book of Basketball 2.0? It isn't bad. But it isn't an audiobook like it kinda should be.

I made through about 15 minutes of the Steph Curry one and then deleted it from my feed. Guess I just don't care enough about the NBA these days.

User avatar
wlu_lax6
The Dude
Posts: 7476
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:16 am

Re: Podcasts

Post by wlu_lax6 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:42 am

Enjoyed the new 30 for 30 podcast on the Shabtai Kalmanovich. Russian pro basketball owner and spy who signed Diana Taurasi and Sue Bird.

User avatar
Giff
The Dude
Posts: 6546
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:26 pm

Re: Podcasts

Post by Giff » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:07 am

DaveInSeattle wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:02 pm
Johnnie wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:46 pm
Anyone listening to The Book of Basketball 2.0? It isn't bad. But it isn't an audiobook like it kinda should be.

I made through about 15 minutes of the Steph Curry one and then deleted it from my feed. Guess I just don't care enough about the NBA these days.
I could've told you that 11 years ago.

I've only listened to the intro one that was like 30 minutes long. I'll probably get into it more when fantasy football season is over. I have a good podcast lineup for my commute now.
Muh.

User avatar
L-Jam3
Donny
Posts: 2790
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:43 am

Re: Podcasts

Post by L-Jam3 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:35 am

The third season of Slate's Slow Burn shifts off political scandals to cover the Biggie-Pac feud.

Living through it, I always known Pac was a poseur; I didn't realize until now how much of a shitbag Pac was during the whole thing.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Andre "The Hawk" Dawson with 438.

User avatar
govmentchedda
The Dude
Posts: 8228
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:36 pm

Re: Podcasts

Post by govmentchedda » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:24 pm

L-Jam3 wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:35 am
The third season of Slate's Slow Burn shifts off political scandals to cover the Biggie-Pac feud.

Living through it, I always known Pac was a poseur; I didn't realize until now how much of a shitbag Pac was during the whole thing.
Whoa!
I took a two hour nap and cried during parks and Rec. it was awesome and terrifying.

User avatar
L-Jam3
Donny
Posts: 2790
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:43 am

Re: Podcasts

Post by L-Jam3 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:53 pm

Don't report to Suge.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Andre "The Hawk" Dawson with 438.

User avatar
Pruitt
The Dude
Posts: 16527
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:02 am
Location: North Shore of Lake Ontario

Re: Podcasts

Post by Pruitt » Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:56 pm

The usually good "Reply All" podcast has a3-parter about the Alabama Democratic Party that is truly jaw-dropping. I am halfway through the second episode and I really can't believe what I am hearing.

https://gimletmedia.com/shows/reply-all/episodes
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."

tennbengal
The Dude
Posts: 7557
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:07 pm

Re: Podcasts

Post by tennbengal » Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:22 pm

Pruitt wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:56 pm
The usually good "Reply All" podcast has a3-parter about the Alabama Democratic Party that is truly jaw-dropping. I am halfway through the second episode and I really can't believe what I am hearing.

https://gimletmedia.com/shows/reply-all/episodes
Cliff notes summary?

User avatar
Pruitt
The Dude
Posts: 16527
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:02 am
Location: North Shore of Lake Ontario

Re: Podcasts

Post by Pruitt » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:21 pm

tennbengal wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:22 pm
Pruitt wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:56 pm
The usually good "Reply All" podcast has a3-parter about the Alabama Democratic Party that is truly jaw-dropping. I am halfway through the second episode and I really can't believe what I am hearing.

https://gimletmedia.com/shows/reply-all/episodes
Cliff notes summary?
I don;t yet know how it ends, so I don;t want to look up too much.

Basically, the Alabama Democratic Party has been run as a seemingly corrupt fiefdom by an old Black man (veteran of the civil rights battles of the 60s) and a nasty white woman for years. Doug Jones won that Senate election despite not getting any help from the state party. After his win, activists across the state thought they could seize the momentum and make inroads in state and federal office. No help from the state party which demanded payments from their campaigns for help that wasn't provided and the party wouldn't even send itemized invoices.

At the quadrennial meeting of the state party, Doug Jones tried to get a new chairman (instead of the woman - the veteran civil rights guy has an appointed position) voted in. Voting irregularities and the race card was thrown in Jones' face.

The DNC was called in and the two who run the state party refused to cooperate. Not even answering messages from the DNC.

And that's where I am now.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."

User avatar
brian
The Dude
Posts: 21989
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:52 am
Location: El lugar de ser
Contact:

Re: Podcasts

Post by brian » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:28 pm

brian wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:40 am
Listening to season 2 of In The Dark about the Curtis Flowers case and the sheer level of racism and fuckery is infuriating.
If innocent African-Americans who have already spent 20 years in prison despite their innocence not being prosecuted by racist, corrupt DAs is your jam then do I have some good news for you.


User avatar
The Sybian
The Dude
Posts: 12593
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:36 am
Location: Working in the Crap Part of Jersey

Re: Podcasts

Post by The Sybian » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:43 pm

Listen to the pilot episode of the Smartr Podcast, a Team CoCo production. Hilarious scripted parody of a podcast with a crazy tech billionaire documenting his process on deciding whether to invest in startups. I was excited, but see it is only on Luminary, and it's a subscription site. I'd be done with signing up, but there are so many great, free podcasts I don't get to, I can't see paying for anything. If you are interested, here is a link with 2 free episodes:

https://luminarypodcasts.com/listen/tea ... gJMVPD_BwE
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt

User avatar
Pruitt
The Dude
Posts: 16527
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:02 am
Location: North Shore of Lake Ontario

Re: Podcasts

Post by Pruitt » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:50 pm

I'm whipping through a BBC podcast about a bunch of Germans who tried to tunnel under the Berlin wall in 1961.

10 episodes of around 15 minutes each. Gripping stuff and an incredible story...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p07r39cw
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."

User avatar
Pruitt
The Dude
Posts: 16527
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:02 am
Location: North Shore of Lake Ontario

Re: Podcasts

Post by Pruitt » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:13 pm

This podcast is insane and unbelievable.

Ever heard of One Coin? Maybe the biggest financial fraud in history, and the story gets progressively more and more shocking as the (8 part) series unfolds.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p07nkd84
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."

User avatar
Nonlinear FC
The Dude
Posts: 6348
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:09 pm

Re: Podcasts

Post by Nonlinear FC » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:34 pm

I had started to listen to Monster: Atlanta Murders and it just got bogged down in the details.

Well, I started back up with Monster: DC Sniper and perhaps because it's all very personal (like, I drive by many of the locations, or near them almost every day), but I'm really sucked into it.

I hadn't really forgotten the context (soon after 9/11), but a lot of the details had become hazy.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.

User avatar
DaveInSeattle
Walter Sobchak
Posts: 4964
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:51 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Podcasts

Post by DaveInSeattle » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:35 pm

Nonlinear FC wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:34 pm
I had started to listen to Monster: Atlanta Murders and it just got bogged down in the details.

Well, I started back up with Monster: DC Sniper and perhaps because it's all very personal (like, I drive by many of the locations, or near them almost every day), but I'm really sucked into it.

I hadn't really forgotten the context (soon after 9/11), but a lot of the details had become hazy.
The podcast 'You're wrong about' has been doing a series about the DC Snipers as well. It would be interesting to compare the two takes.

User avatar
Nonlinear FC
The Dude
Posts: 6348
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:09 pm

Re: Podcasts

Post by Nonlinear FC » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:40 pm

Yeah, the thing about the Monster version is that it's 15 episodes(!)... I'm up to Ep7 and it's still holding me, but not sure how much additional detail they are gonna squeeze out of it.

I will say, I wasn't fully aware of just how fucked up his military "career" was, for example. And I just got through a tough episode describing how he behaved as a husband (hint: not well.)
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.

Baloney
Jesus Quintana
Posts: 879
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:55 am

Re: Podcasts

Post by Baloney » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:13 pm

Pruitt wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:13 pm
This podcast is insane and unbelievable.

Ever heard of One Coin? Maybe the biggest financial fraud in history, and the story gets progressively more and more shocking as the (8 part) series unfolds.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p07nkd84
Funnily enough I watched this just yesterday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64xcgvEJ3Ys

User avatar
Pruitt
The Dude
Posts: 16527
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:02 am
Location: North Shore of Lake Ontario

Re: Podcasts

Post by Pruitt » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:52 pm

The amount that was scammed is simply staggering.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."

Baloney
Jesus Quintana
Posts: 879
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:55 am

Re: Podcasts

Post by Baloney » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:58 am

When I heard the numbers I couldn't believe I hadn't heard of it before

User avatar
Pruitt
The Dude
Posts: 16527
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:02 am
Location: North Shore of Lake Ontario

Re: Podcasts

Post by Pruitt » Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:56 pm

The latest "Reply All" is fantastic.

All about a guy who gets a song stuck in his head and can't find it on the internet. All about the music industry, how the brain works and other things.

Highly entertaining.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."

User avatar
L-Jam3
Donny
Posts: 2790
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:43 am

Re: Podcasts

Post by L-Jam3 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:00 pm

Go with him...
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Andre "The Hawk" Dawson with 438.

Johnnie
The Dude
Posts: 12075
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:31 pm
Location: ABQ, BITCH!

Re: Podcasts

Post by Johnnie » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:00 pm

Pruitt wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:56 pm
The latest "Reply All" is fantastic.

All about a guy who gets a song stuck in his head and can't find it on the internet. All about the music industry, how the brain works and other things.

Highly entertaining.
Read your post here yesterday and then saw Vice did a write up on it so I had to listen.

Damn, that was great. I was trying to listen closely to see if I had heard it and while it sounded familiar, I hadn't heard it.

This same thing happened to me with a techno song in 2007. I was trying to mimic a different song, but I kept doing this particular one. And it got stuck in my head...for over ten years. But I could let it go and not be obsessed by it. Since the problem with those songs is the lack of lyrics, so I really couldn't Google it. So I had to live with it. Then it randomly came on in a club or something once and I was quick enough with the Shazam app.

DJ Jean - The Launch. I'll never forget the artist and track name now.

ETA

Shit, but that reminds me. There is a song that's still stuck in my head. Of course it's a techno song. It has its beat that I still hear, but does have the lyric seize the day repeat over and over. I thought it was by a guy named DJ Markski, but nothing turns up. And with tracks like that it could be a remix of a remix and made up. I've had to let that one go.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.

User avatar
The Sybian
The Dude
Posts: 12593
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:36 am
Location: Working in the Crap Part of Jersey

Re: Podcasts

Post by The Sybian » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:05 pm

Johnnie wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:00 pm

DJ Jean - The Launch. I'll never forget the artist and track name now.


Holy shit is that song horrible...
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt

User avatar
Pruitt
The Dude
Posts: 16527
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:02 am
Location: North Shore of Lake Ontario

Re: Podcasts

Post by Pruitt » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:30 am

The Sybian wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:05 pm
Johnnie wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:00 pm

DJ Jean - The Launch. I'll never forget the artist and track name now.


Holy shit is that song horrible...
If that song was stuck in my head, it would probably send me to the hospital.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."

User avatar
DaveInSeattle
Walter Sobchak
Posts: 4964
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:51 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Podcasts

Post by DaveInSeattle » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:59 am

Check out 'Epidemic'...a new weekly podcast about the CoronaVirus. Hosted by Ron Klain, who was Obama's Ebola czar, and Dr Celine Grounder, infectious disease specialist and epidemiologist. She's also the wife of former Swamp cameo guest Grant Wahl.

Johnnie
The Dude
Posts: 12075
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:31 pm
Location: ABQ, BITCH!

Re: Podcasts

Post by Johnnie » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:52 am

Newest Dan Carlin dropped.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.

User avatar
govmentchedda
The Dude
Posts: 8228
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:36 pm

Re: Podcasts

Post by govmentchedda » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:54 am

Johnnie wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:52 am
Newest Dan Carlin dropped.
TBF, it's just Common Sense, and not Hardcore History.
I took a two hour nap and cried during parks and Rec. it was awesome and terrifying.

User avatar
degenerasian
The Dude
Posts: 9491
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:22 pm

Re: Podcasts

Post by degenerasian » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:30 pm

Joe Buck's new podcast has Bill Simmons on. Either love it or hate it

https://joe-buck-and-oliver-hudson-have ... d-K_uWuLeH
Kung Fu movies are like porn. There's 1 on 1, then 2 on 1, then a group scene..

Johnnie
The Dude
Posts: 12075
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:31 pm
Location: ABQ, BITCH!

Re: Podcasts

Post by Johnnie » Tue May 19, 2020 2:54 pm

When will there be a Simmons/Rogan crossover podcast?

It really should have happened by now anyway.

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.

User avatar
brian
The Dude
Posts: 21989
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:52 am
Location: El lugar de ser
Contact:

Re: Podcasts

Post by brian » Tue May 19, 2020 3:05 pm

Johnnie wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 2:54 pm
When will there be a Simmons/Rogan crossover podcast?

It really should have happened by now anyway.
I would ignore that one twice as hard.

User avatar
Nonlinear FC
The Dude
Posts: 6348
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:09 pm

Re: Podcasts

Post by Nonlinear FC » Tue May 19, 2020 3:12 pm

The Wind of Change podcast about the Scorpions song that became the anthem of the fall of the Soviet Union is FUCKING AWESOME.

Was there CIA involvement in writing/spreading the song? This is a rumor that has been floated from within the Agency.

8 episodes trying to track it down is a really fascinating ride.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.

User avatar
Pruitt
The Dude
Posts: 16527
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:02 am
Location: North Shore of Lake Ontario

Re: Podcasts

Post by Pruitt » Tue May 19, 2020 3:45 pm

Nonlinear FC wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 3:12 pm
The Wind of Change podcast about the Scorpions song that became the anthem of the fall of the Soviet Union is FUCKING AWESOME.

Was there CIA involvement in writing/spreading the song? This is a rumor that has been floated from within the Agency.

8 episodes trying to track it down is a really fascinating ride.
Just starting episode 2.

Appetite is fully whetted.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."

User avatar
The Sybian
The Dude
Posts: 12593
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:36 am
Location: Working in the Crap Part of Jersey

Re: Podcasts

Post by The Sybian » Tue May 19, 2020 4:31 pm

Nonlinear FC wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 3:12 pm
The Wind of Change podcast about the Scorpions song that became the anthem of the fall of the Soviet Union is FUCKING AWESOME.

Was there CIA involvement in writing/spreading the song? This is a rumor that has been floated from within the Agency.

8 episodes trying to track it down is a really fascinating ride.
Do you need a Spotify subscription to listen? Really interested in hearing that one.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt

User avatar
The Sybian
The Dude
Posts: 12593
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:36 am
Location: Working in the Crap Part of Jersey

Re: Podcasts

Post by The Sybian » Tue May 19, 2020 4:33 pm

Johnnie wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 2:54 pm
When will there be a Simmons/Rogan crossover podcast?

It really should have happened by now anyway.

The day Rogan jumps the shark? I can't imagine Joe having any interest in Simmons. At all. Then again, I've successfully avoided all things Simmons for 10 years, maybe he has matured and become less of an insufferable, self-absorbed douche.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt

User avatar
Pruitt
The Dude
Posts: 16527
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:02 am
Location: North Shore of Lake Ontario

Re: Podcasts

Post by Pruitt » Tue May 19, 2020 5:06 pm

The Sybian wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 4:31 pm
Nonlinear FC wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 3:12 pm
The Wind of Change podcast about the Scorpions song that became the anthem of the fall of the Soviet Union is FUCKING AWESOME.

Was there CIA involvement in writing/spreading the song? This is a rumor that has been floated from within the Agency.

8 episodes trying to track it down is a really fascinating ride.
Do you need a Spotify subscription to listen? Really interested in hearing that one.
I think they're releasing it one episode per week.

https://crooked.com/podcast-series/wind-of-change/
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."

User avatar
DaveInSeattle
Walter Sobchak
Posts: 4964
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:51 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Podcasts

Post by DaveInSeattle » Tue May 19, 2020 7:56 pm

Has anyone ever heard of this podcast?

How the ‘Call Her Daddy’ Feud Boiled Over
In just two years, “Call Her Daddy,” a raunchy podcast about sex, dating, culture and life in New York, became a cult sensation. This week, it descended into a fireball of chaos and internet drama.

Two friends, Sofia Franklyn, 27, and Alexandra Cooper, 26, started the show in 2018 after coming up with the idea over a vacation. The podcast was acquired by Barstool Sports about a month after the first episode aired and quickly began raking in hundreds of thousands of subscribers.
Of course Barstool is involved. And it sounds like a rip-off of the 'Guys We Fucked' pod.

User avatar
Nonlinear FC
The Dude
Posts: 6348
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:09 pm

Re: Podcasts

Post by Nonlinear FC » Wed May 20, 2020 12:37 pm

The Sybian wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 4:31 pm
Nonlinear FC wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 3:12 pm
The Wind of Change podcast about the Scorpions song that became the anthem of the fall of the Soviet Union is FUCKING AWESOME.

Was there CIA involvement in writing/spreading the song? This is a rumor that has been floated from within the Agency.

8 episodes trying to track it down is a really fascinating ride.
Do you need a Spotify subscription to listen? Really interested in hearing that one.
I downloaded the app and then signed in thru facebook. I know there is a premium side of Spotify, my kids have that. But I'm not paying for anything and because it's through the app, I'm not even having to sit through ads. Pretty good stuff.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.

User avatar
cerrano
The Big Lebowski
Posts: 1181
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:16 pm

Re: Podcasts

Post by cerrano » Wed May 20, 2020 6:03 pm

Nonlinear FC wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 3:12 pm
The Wind of Change podcast about the Scorpions song that became the anthem of the fall of the Soviet Union is FUCKING AWESOME.

Was there CIA involvement in writing/spreading the song? This is a rumor that has been floated from within the Agency.

8 episodes trying to track it down is a really fascinating ride.
thanks, nonlinear! can't endorse this podcast enough. i am in the middle of the third episode and really want to learn more about that nina simone show in lagos and simone in general.

in episode 2 he alluded to the glomar project when the cia tried to grab a soviet sub off the floor of the pacific ocean. if you like this podcast, make time to read "the taking of k-129" by josh dean. dean chronicles the whole operation from learning about the sub accident through the engineering challenges to how the operation impacted the lives of various individuals. long book but fascinating and enthralling and goes by quick.
"i'm just a middle-aged black woman trying to get into the senate."

Johnnie
The Dude
Posts: 12075
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:31 pm
Location: ABQ, BITCH!

Re: Podcasts

Post by Johnnie » Wed May 20, 2020 6:03 pm

DaveInSeattle wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 7:56 pm
Has anyone ever heard of this podcast?

How the ‘Call Her Daddy’ Feud Boiled Over
In just two years, “Call Her Daddy,” a raunchy podcast about sex, dating, culture and life in New York, became a cult sensation. This week, it descended into a fireball of chaos and internet drama.

Two friends, Sofia Franklyn, 27, and Alexandra Cooper, 26, started the show in 2018 after coming up with the idea over a vacation. The podcast was acquired by Barstool Sports about a month after the first episode aired and quickly began raking in hundreds of thousands of subscribers.
Of course Barstool is involved. And it sounds like a rip-off of the 'Guys We Fucked' pod.
Yes. Tried listening. Their voices are horrible and I listen to podcasts on 1.7x speed. Outside of the 'Gluck Gluck 9000' (sloppy blowjob) meme, they are worthless. (But Sofia's in my wheelhouse.)

And I haven't listened to the Guys We Fucked podcast, but they seemed to just trail off and not be entertaining anymore in 2016 and I couldn't listen to them anymore. It's probably a good comparison, but I'm not sure.

If I want raunchy sex talk, I'll listen to The Tasteless Gentlemen. They are hilarious. And their Instagram memes are great.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.

Post Reply