Metrosexual Tips II

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, brian, ZMan, Sabo

User avatar
Jerloma
The Dude
Posts: 5244
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:10 pm

Metrosexual Tips II

Post by Jerloma » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:30 pm

What's the least unpleasant way to clean up a hairy gooch? Asking for a friend.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God

User avatar
P.D.X.
Donny
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:31 pm

Re: Metrosexual Tips II

Post by P.D.X. » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:01 pm

wtf is a gooch

User avatar
mister d
The Dude
Posts: 13658
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:15 am

Re: Metrosexual Tips II

Post by mister d » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:10 pm

I also don't know but differ in that I don't want to know.
bfj wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:07 am
My people call that Kishka.

ETA - we don't call weird dicks Kishka.

User avatar
Ryan
The Dude
Posts: 5665
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:01 am

Re: Metrosexual Tips II

Post by Ryan » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:19 pm

i think it's a coffee milkshake

User avatar
A_B
The Dude
Posts: 11318
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:36 am
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Re: Metrosexual Tips II

Post by A_B » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:38 pm

Image
certainly expansive during tactical areas and specific zones

User avatar
The Sybian
The Dude
Posts: 9503
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:36 am
Location: Working in the Crap Part of Jersey

Re: Metrosexual Tips II

Post by The Sybian » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:14 pm

Jerloma wrote:What's the least unpleasant way to clean up a hairy gooch? Asking for a friend.


Trouble with your Gucci Mane?
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt

User avatar
Johnnie
The Dude
Posts: 8142
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:31 pm
Location: ABQ, BITCH!
Contact:

Re: Metrosexual Tips II

Post by Johnnie » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:17 pm

Norelco Body Groom. Been using one for over a decade. It's also waterproof, so you can do it in the shower.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.

User avatar
P.D.X.
Donny
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:31 pm

Re: Metrosexual Tips II

Post by P.D.X. » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:18 pm

Must be one mean gooch.

User avatar
mister d
The Dude
Posts: 13658
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:15 am

Re: Metrosexual Tips II

Post by mister d » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:54 pm

I have so many questions I don't want answered.
bfj wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:07 am
My people call that Kishka.

ETA - we don't call weird dicks Kishka.

HaulCitgo
The Big Lebowski
Posts: 1050
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:07 pm

Re: Metrosexual Tips II

Post by HaulCitgo » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:55 pm

I still have no idea what you are referencing

User avatar
Pruitt
The Dude
Posts: 11561
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:02 am
Location: North Shore of Lake Ontario

Re: Metrosexual Tips II

Post by Pruitt » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:02 pm

You want to shave your back? Your chest? Your "gooch?" Go ahead. Nothing wrong with looking like a 12 year old.

And yes, I am the hairiest guy you'll ever see. I used to worry about the fact that I look like bald sasquatch. But I got over it. The way I figure (and based upon experience) a sex partner gets close enough to notice "gooch" hair, the "gooch" hair doesn't matter. You're getting laid.
"Maybe he shit out his memory." - Mr. D

HaulCitgo
The Big Lebowski
Posts: 1050
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:07 pm

Re: Metrosexual Tips II

Post by HaulCitgo » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:33 pm

We're talking ass crack hair, right? If so, good question for the order. I sometimes get matted shitballs after a creamy #2. I've tried a T edger before with poor results. My crack was smooth but the risk of embarrassing injury was far too high.

User avatar
Johnnie
The Dude
Posts: 8142
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:31 pm
Location: ABQ, BITCH!
Contact:

Re: Metrosexual Tips II

Post by Johnnie » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:37 pm

Just in case you folks are still confused:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perineum
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.

HaulCitgo
The Big Lebowski
Posts: 1050
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:07 pm

Re: Metrosexual Tips II

Post by HaulCitgo » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:11 pm

Oh. Well then I've never had hairy shitballs.

User avatar
Pruitt
The Dude
Posts: 11561
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:02 am
Location: North Shore of Lake Ontario

Re: Metrosexual Tips II

Post by Pruitt » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:47 pm

Tip from an older guy with a hairy "gooch"... wet your toilet paper to get rid of the klingons that hang around your anus.
"Maybe he shit out his memory." - Mr. D

User avatar
BSF21
Walter Sobchak
Posts: 3282
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:08 pm
Location: Playing one off the Monster

Re: Metrosexual Tips II

Post by BSF21 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:01 am

Ladies razors. Meant to go where your Gillette isn't.
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

User avatar
Ryan
The Dude
Posts: 5665
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:01 am

Re: Metrosexual Tips II

Post by Ryan » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:03 am

Pruitt wrote:And yes, I am the hairiest guy you'll ever see. I used to worry about the fact that I look like bald sasquatch. But I got over it. The way I figure (and based upon experience) a sex partner gets close enough to notice "gooch" hair, the "gooch" hair doesn't matter. You're getting laid.


"Alright, good for you! Now we move down to our returning champion and it says here..."

User avatar
P.D.X.
Donny
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:31 pm

Re: Metrosexual Tips II

Post by P.D.X. » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:57 am

Get a bidet.

User avatar
Rush2112
The Dude
Posts: 5176
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:35 pm
Location: Cyrus X-1
Contact:

Re: Metrosexual Tips II

Post by Rush2112 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:50 am

Pruitt wrote: 12 year old.


I believe the prefered nomenclature is "look like a 12-year-old Dutch girl."
Taste:
Grapefruit pith, orange zest, pine needle, and zesty florals. Honey malts. Musky mango with light additions of passion fruit and peach.

User avatar
BSF21
Walter Sobchak
Posts: 3282
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:08 pm
Location: Playing one off the Monster

Re: Metrosexual Tips II

Post by BSF21 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:20 pm

Not sure exactly where to put this, but anyone else have certain EDC stuff they really dig? I guess I ask because I keep getting adds for Grip6 belts, which I think I'm going to pull the trigger on and get a few to try them out. I did the same thing with my wallet from www.ridgewallet.com and it's hands down the best wallet I've ever owned. I think I'll carry it the rest of my life. The belts seem like they fit in my minimalist...style?

Any other small things you carry every day or wear every day you dig?
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

User avatar
Brontoburglar
Walter Sobchak
Posts: 3759
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:20 am

Re: Metrosexual Tips II

Post by Brontoburglar » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:39 pm

you probably could have started a different thread given the topic change here!
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer

User avatar
sancarlos
The Dude
Posts: 8736
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:46 pm
Location: NorCal via Colorado

Re: Metrosexual Tips II

Post by sancarlos » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:03 pm

Nah, he's just getting us back on track.

I have nothing to add to BSF's question, sorry.

But, speaking of metrosexual grooming, as part of my recent medical event, I did get one side of my pubic hair nicely shaved, by a nice older lady nurse. That would have been more awkward, except the sedation was starting to take effect and I didn't give a fuck at all. So, now I'm with-hair on one side, and hairless on the other. Kind of comical when I see myself in the mirror.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian

User avatar
The Sybian
The Dude
Posts: 9503
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:36 am
Location: Working in the Crap Part of Jersey

Re: Metrosexual Tips II

Post by The Sybian » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:12 pm

sancarlos wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:03 pm
Nah, he's just getting us back on track.

I have nothing to add to BSF's question, sorry.

But, speaking of metrosexual grooming, as part of my recent medical event, I did get one side of my pubic hair nicely shaved, by a nice older lady nurse. That would have been more awkward, except the sedation was starting to take effect and I didn't give a fuck at all. So, now I'm with-hair on one side, and hairless on the other. Kind of comical when I see myself in the mirror.
Pictures, or it didn't happen.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt

User avatar
Nonlinear FC
Walter Sobchak
Posts: 3522
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:09 pm

Re: Metrosexual Tips II

Post by Nonlinear FC » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:17 pm

BSF21 wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:20 pm
Not sure exactly where to put this, but anyone else have certain EDC stuff they really dig? I guess I ask because I keep getting adds for Grip6 belts, which I think I'm going to pull the trigger on and get a few to try them out. I did the same thing with my wallet from www.ridgewallet.com and it's hands down the best wallet I've ever owned. I think I'll carry it the rest of my life. The belts seem like they fit in my minimalist...style?

Any other small things you carry every day or wear every day you dig?
Ooh, I like that wallet!

I got one of these for my birfday a number of years back and I love it.

https://www.trihold.com/

What I like is that it has 2 windows/external pockets that I can put my license and most used card in. Makes it extremely easy/efficient to pay for stuff.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.

User avatar
BSF21
Walter Sobchak
Posts: 3282
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:08 pm
Location: Playing one off the Monster

Re: Metrosexual Tips II

Post by BSF21 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:21 pm

Nonlinear FC wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:17 pm
BSF21 wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:20 pm
Not sure exactly where to put this, but anyone else have certain EDC stuff they really dig? I guess I ask because I keep getting adds for Grip6 belts, which I think I'm going to pull the trigger on and get a few to try them out. I did the same thing with my wallet from www.ridgewallet.com and it's hands down the best wallet I've ever owned. I think I'll carry it the rest of my life. The belts seem like they fit in my minimalist...style?

Any other small things you carry every day or wear every day you dig?
Ooh, I like that wallet!

I got one of these for my birfday a number of years back and I love it.

https://www.trihold.com/

What I like is that it has 2 windows/external pockets that I can put my license and most used card in. Makes it extremely easy/efficient to pay for stuff.
I'm not a paid shill by any stretch, but I'd recommend that wallet to anyone and everyone. Mine's going on 3-4 years strong. Think it was 85$ or something. I used to burn through a leather one every 2 years so it's been really nice to not have to worry about it.
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

User avatar
Johnnie
The Dude
Posts: 8142
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:31 pm
Location: ABQ, BITCH!
Contact:

Re: Metrosexual Tips II

Post by Johnnie » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:28 pm

The Sybian wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:12 pm
sancarlos wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:03 pm
Nah, he's just getting us back on track.

I have nothing to add to BSF's question, sorry.

But, speaking of metrosexual grooming, as part of my recent medical event, I did get one side of my pubic hair nicely shaved, by a nice older lady nurse. That would have been more awkward, except the sedation was starting to take effect and I didn't give a fuck at all. So, now I'm with-hair on one side, and hairless on the other. Kind of comical when I see myself in the mirror.
Pictures, or it didn't happen.
Image
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.

User avatar
DaveInSeattle
Walter Sobchak
Posts: 3013
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:51 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Metrosexual Tips II

Post by DaveInSeattle » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:28 pm

I grew a beard, for the first time ever, this winter to keep my face warm on the bike commute.

Now that its getting warmer, I'm shaving it off, but doing the '5 days of Facial Fun'. The steps are:


Day 1: Goatee
Day 2: Fu Manchu (with soul patch)
Day 3: The Frank Zappa (cop 'stache with soul patch)
Day 4: Cop 'Stache
Day 5: Should be The Adolf, but that's a bit problematic to wear all day at work, so it will just be the clean shaven look.

User avatar
mister d
The Dude
Posts: 13658
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:15 am

Re: Metrosexual Tips II

Post by mister d » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:31 pm

Do a reverse Hitler to prove how much you hate him?
bfj wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:07 am
My people call that Kishka.

ETA - we don't call weird dicks Kishka.

User avatar
duff
The Big Lebowski
Posts: 1292
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:36 pm

Re: Metrosexual Tips II

Post by duff » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:40 pm

Isn't that the Nikki Sixx? I guess the sides would need to be a bit longer than a cop stache.
To quote both Bruce Prichard and Tony Schiavone, "Fuck Duff Meltzer."

User avatar
DaveInSeattle
Walter Sobchak
Posts: 3013
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:51 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Metrosexual Tips II

Post by DaveInSeattle » Sun May 27, 2018 12:03 pm

So...going to a wedding in Denver (Golden, actually) at the end of June. I could wear my regular nice dark suit, but that seems like it would be too formal, and too warm.

Kinda thinking about a Don Draper-esque sport coat and khaki's instead. Any thoughts?

User avatar
sancarlos
The Dude
Posts: 8736
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:46 pm
Location: NorCal via Colorado

Re: Metrosexual Tips II

Post by sancarlos » Sun May 27, 2018 12:05 pm

DaveInSeattle wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 12:03 pm
So...going to a wedding in Denver (Golden, actually) at the end of June. I could wear my regular nice dark suit, but that seems like it would be too formal, and too warm.

Kinda thinking about a Don Draper-esque sport coat and khaki's instead. Any thoughts?
Sounds like a great plan. But no bolo.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian

User avatar
DaveInSeattle
Walter Sobchak
Posts: 3013
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:51 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Metrosexual Tips II

Post by DaveInSeattle » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:44 pm

sancarlos wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 12:05 pm
DaveInSeattle wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 12:03 pm
So...going to a wedding in Denver (Golden, actually) at the end of June. I could wear my regular nice dark suit, but that seems like it would be too formal, and too warm.

Kinda thinking about a Don Draper-esque sport coat and khaki's instead. Any thoughts?
Sounds like a great plan. But no bolo.
One of these days, Bolo ties are going to come back, and I'm going to be all ready to go!

One another note...I bought a suit for the wedding: darkish blue, plaid. I'm tempted by doing the bow tie...can a 50ish dude pull it off, or will I look like either a hipster doofus or a conservative pundit?

User avatar
Johnnie
The Dude
Posts: 8142
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:31 pm
Location: ABQ, BITCH!
Contact:

Re: Metrosexual Tips II

Post by Johnnie » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:50 pm

Depends on your personality, what you look like in a suit, and how well the suit is made, honestly.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.

User avatar
mister d
The Dude
Posts: 13658
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:15 am

Re: Metrosexual Tips II

Post by mister d » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:54 pm

When I see a bowtie, I either think "look at this dipshit trying to be the type of guy who wears a bowtie" if he isn't pulling it off or "I wouldn't be friends with that dude" if he is pulling it off. Truly hate that look.
bfj wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:07 am
My people call that Kishka.

ETA - we don't call weird dicks Kishka.

User avatar
rass
The Dude
Posts: 10637
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:41 am
Location: N effin' J

Re: Metrosexual Tips II

Post by rass » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:57 pm

Image
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.

User avatar
brian
The Dude
Posts: 13664
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:52 am
Location: T-Mobile Arena

Re: Metrosexual Tips II

Post by brian » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:02 pm

Image
Vegas Golden Knights retired numbers:
#58 (To honor victims of 1 October shooting)

User avatar
rass
The Dude
Posts: 10637
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:41 am
Location: N effin' J

Re: Metrosexual Tips II

Post by rass » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:04 pm

ok you win
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.

User avatar
The Sybian
The Dude
Posts: 9503
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:36 am
Location: Working in the Crap Part of Jersey

Re: Metrosexual Tips II

Post by The Sybian » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:41 pm

brian wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:02 pm
Image
Put me in the "wouldn't be friends with that guy comment." I can let the bowtie slide, but the crazy eyes are too much.


I think some black guys can pull off the bowtie, like Southern preachers, dapper and sophisticated athletes,but that's about it.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt

User avatar
Johnny Carwash
Walter Sobchak
Posts: 3493
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:57 am
Location: Land of 10,000 Sununus

Re: Metrosexual Tips II

Post by Johnny Carwash » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:47 pm

The bowtie debate has been some pretty fertile Swamp ground in the past...
Johnny Carwash wrote:
Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:29 pm
How long has Ernie Johnson been going with the bow tie? I like him, but there's no way to make a bow tie your default look without coming off as creepy or willfully villainous.
A_B wrote:
Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:28 am
Ken Rosenthal is a saint!
wlu_lax6 wrote:
Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:42 am
100% disagree. Body type & glasses style is key to pulling off the bow tie as your regular go to
Johnny Carwash wrote:
Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:20 pm
OK. I'm amenable to change, but need to see proof. Show me a guy in a bow tie (tuxedos don't count) who doesn't look creepy or evil. (Note: it isn't Ken Rosenthal.)
howard wrote:
Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:46 pm
Image
"All us Swampers are fountains of useless information. We just have different areas of strength." —sancarlos

User avatar
sancarlos
The Dude
Posts: 8736
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:46 pm
Location: NorCal via Colorado

Re: Metrosexual Tips II

Post by sancarlos » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:58 pm

The bow tie is fine as part of a tuxedo ensemble. That's it, though.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian

Post Reply