Week 15 - (Space Reserved for Probable Controversial PIT-NE Thing)

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

mister d
The Dude

Re: Week 15 - (Space Reserved for Probable Controversial PIT-NE Thing)

Post by mister d »

Just want to say I'm really glad this play happened. I've missed these moments.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

NE vs. Pittsburgh was really the perfect storm to get full engagement.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

It's so funny that the thread title was posted days before the game in question, and the discussion over the past two days is showing why.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

Rush2112 wrote:
A_B wrote:I think most in this whole discussion have always agreed on that point.

Except for the people that argued that it didn't touch the ground, so I don't know about most.

no no no no no no no no no

Giff wrote:Considering there are no definite angles showing the ball touched the ground, it should have been a catch because the call on the field was a catch.

EnochRoot wrote:
Pretty sure is not definitive though. By the NFL's standards, the ruling on the field should've stood.

(sorry for the journalism, you guys)

In regards to Bronto's bona fides, I guess you don't follow the political threads.

you do know that had nothing to do with actually going to journalism school and everything with not wanting to publicly assess a judgement on something involving a company who has a deal with my employer, right?
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

Gd damn that was entertaining reading.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

mister d wrote:Just want to say I'm really glad this play happened. I've missed these moments.

It takes 12 years of bickering to get to this level of personal attacks and dredging up past arguments to use against each other. We need Hood* and the literary fellow to instigate these types of arguments, it's been too long. I think the dire state of politics is preventing us from bickering like an old married couple about more often.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
TT2.0
The Big Lebowski

Post by TT2.0 »

Gunpowder wrote:"Journalistic bonafides"? Holy shit you transcend douchedom.

thank you for the new sig
Gunpowder wrote:you transcend douchedom.
MOTHERFUCKING 2017 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Rush2112 wrote:
Gunpowder wrote:Yeah I'm really not flipping out over this at all just because of the teams. My opinion is that it should have been overturned. That's as strongly as I'm even commenting on it from that regard.

But the thought that this should get no more attention than any other play in an NFL season is nonsensical. If you use the "what about the other plays!" defense here, you should truly never ever complain about any call in any game because none of them singlehandedly decided a previously perfectly played game.

So your opinion is that the non-catch is the correct call then?

Controversial or bad calls happen all the time. It's a different ball of wax if it was the last play of the game. They had almost 30 seconds to try to win the game and what a 99% chance of sending the game to overtime? They ran one bad play and one horrific one in my opinion, and that's not from talk radio (which I don't listen to, I'm not up for 24/7 Broncos talk) that's from watching football. They want to throw short of the goal and hope for a guy to make a play to get in then throw it to a guy going toward the goal...in the particular play, James is on a delayed route throw it to him and hope for him to blow through the safety.

In regards to Bronto's bona fides, I guess you don't follow the political threads.

Should NOT. I missed a word.

It was probably the right call but I don't think it was right to overturn it based on the replay.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Your moms didn't survive contact with the ground.

I don't know what that means, but it made me feel better.

Also, if anyone's mom died from falling out a window or something, I sincerely apologize.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

My mom was actually impaled by a fake spike
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Jets fan?
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.