Open Skate: 12/18/17

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

bapo!
The Big Lebowski

Re: Open Skate: 12/18/17

Post by bapo! »

This thread is still on the first page, so I'm going to renew it for one more night. Why? Because I'm home, and some of you are at home, and that Red Wings/Flyers game just won't be enough.

I'll probably be lurking in the dark corners tonight, so I won't be posting much. But I want to hear from you, if you're around. What are you doing tonight, Swamp? What goes on in your mind?
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Tomorrow night, we'll be in a motel in Barstow, California. What's Barstow like, you ask? This song lyric had it right...

...There’s a changing pattern before us
And the past tells the story quite well
By the time we make it to Barstow
We'’ll be more than halfway to hell...
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

sancarlos wrote:Tomorrow night, we'll be in a motel in Barstow, California. What's Barstow like, you ask? This song lyric had it right...

...There’s a changing pattern before us
And the past tells the story quite well
By the time we make it to Barstow
We'’ll be more than halfway to hell...

Hunter S Thompson wrote:“We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold.”

― Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Tonight we go to my Mom's to make makos kifli, a Hungarian pastry we always have at Christmas.

Then back to the office to write a legal memorandum due in court on Friday.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

Life is relatively calm for my life right now. Older son is on holiday break now, wife and younger one are done on Friday. Life is hectic for her and it’s taking its toll on us. Having to deal with my younger son’s educational struggles, her own work nonsense, her ailing parents and useless sister have made for some very tense days around here. I feel for her, and would do anything to help make it better, but I get a bit tired of having to walk on eggshells.

She needs a break from work and a trip someplace away from here. We are going to try and make that work over her break.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
Square Rob
Jesus Quintana

Post by Square Rob »

govmentchedda wrote:Everything is coming up Milhouse!

Just diagnosed with the flu! Sweet! I don't have to miss any work as tomorrow is the start of a 4-day weekend. Couldn't have drawn it up any better.