NFL Week 16 - we're talking about playoffs!

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Johnnie
The Dude

Re: NFL Week 16 - we're talking about playoffs!

Post by Johnnie »

Awww, thanks man. I'm certainly not the worst.

I'm the second worst. Everyone else in tied for worst.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

My daughter the pats fan was a bit obnoxious today.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Nick Foles sucks. I hope there really aren't any Eagles fans out there talking themselves into thinking this guy can win a Super Bowl.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Also, a guy who NFL teams are inexplicably salivating over to be their coach just suggested the Raiders waste a timeout to ice a kicker with 30 seconds left in the game. A timeout that would be valuable whether or not the kick was good.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

brian wrote:Nick Foles sucks. I hope there really aren't any Eagles fans out there talking themselves into thinking this guy can win a Super Bowl.

Not anymore.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

L-Jam3 wrote:
brian wrote:Nick Foles sucks. I hope there really aren't any Eagles fans out there talking themselves into thinking this guy can win a Super Bowl.

Not anymore.

Gonna be an interesting test case into how far home field and a great defense can carry a team.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

To the Super Bowl (Denver). Philly's defense doesn't seem great enough to go very far.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Not sure if the Ravens realize complaining about their fans not showing up to games (regardless of the circumstance) is a bad look.

On one level, I get it. NYE is a rough day to move back a start time for.

On another though, it's the fucking NFL. You only have to show up for eight games a year and there's a dozen-plus other teams that would be loving to play a home game to get into the playoffs. So suck it up and show up.
Avram
Brandt

Post by Avram »

As an Eagles fan we will be lucky to win one playoff game

NFC championshiup game will be played in Minnesota
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

brian wrote:Not sure if the Ravens realize complaining about their fans not showing up to games (regardless of the circumstance) is a bad look.

On another though, it's the fucking NFL. You only have to show up for eight games a year and there's a dozen-plus other teams that would be loving to play a home game to get into the playoffs. So suck it up and show up.

the noon slate this weekend is hot garbage fire
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Brontoburglar wrote:
brian wrote:Not sure if the Ravens realize complaining about their fans not showing up to games (regardless of the circumstance) is a bad look.

the noon slate this weekend is hot garbage fire

That is another consequence, yes. Harbaugh might have looked better had he pointed that out instead.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

brian wrote:Kraft, Brady et al certainly don’t have any problem supporting dudes who abuse women.

Time to abuse opposing quarterbacks now tho.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdLjIUrgQd7/
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Hopefully this is going to be like when David Harris got revenge on the Jets by going to New England and doing jack shit.
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Doing shit til someone gets injured. We're talking end of the roster depth. Don't really see how you knock that unless your having to cut someone better. Someone is going to have to run out some end of the roster guy for key playoff snaps. Belichicks constant churn and tryouts for those spots is a strong suit.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

You're right, how could I even think for a second that this isn't a lock to be another stellar pickup? Even hoping that he doesn't do anything of note is close enough to questioning Belichick that I should be ashamed.
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Only point was that David Harris move still looks decent even though he hasn't played much. It's nice to have veteran backups this time of year. Young studs are better but these days those guys get run out as day one starters and even the younger mid round or ufa types get pegged into rotation roles. Methinks it's not the pats fans with the complex.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

HaulCitgo wrote:Only point was that David Harris move still looks decent even though he hasn't played much. It's nice to have veteran backups this time of year. Young studs are better but these days those guys get run out as day one starters and even the younger mid round or ufa types get pegged into rotation roles. Methinks it's not the pats fans with the complex.

Please...that signing was framed as another brilliant signing by NE who just takes advantage of dumb teams like the Jets in that instance, but it turns out they cut Harris for a reason.

There are some other horrible Harris plays that aren't included in that video. Without exaggeration, he was the worst player on the field for NE and a big part of why the Steelers could continue to move on offense. Someone did get injured, but David Harris has been terrible.

Maybe Harrison will do well. But until he does, I'm not going to say that it was another fleecing by BB to sign a guy that cleared waivers on a near-minimum contract.
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

Harris has been pretty much hot garbage, aside from about 4 plays in the Falcons game.

Harrison is just going to set the edge (please) and rush the passer so hopefully, his lack of coverage skillz can be covered up.
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Outsmarts thread with a picture of Harrison in a Pats uni.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Rush2112 wrote:Harris has been pretty much hot garbage, aside from about 4 plays in the Falcons game.

Harrison is just going to set the edge (please) and rush the passer so hopefully, his lack of coverage skillz can be covered up.

Yeah, I can't see Belichick dropping him very often. Of course, that takes away a bit of the predictability to have a player like that and Belichick doesn't seem to collect too many of those. I'd imagine purely pass rushing, based on his lack of edge-setting this season.

I'm just hoping for Pit's sake that he has nothing left. I guess we're about to find out.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Man, these RPO plays get away with some serious downfield linemen. Steelers got away with one in that first gif.
teeteebee
Brandt

Post by teeteebee »

brian wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:38 pm Nick Foles sucks. I hope there really aren't any Eagles fans out there talking themselves into thinking this guy can win a Super Bowl.
Nice!!!

Speaking of sucks, how are the Lions celebrating the 10th anniversary of their 0-16 season next year?
oh shit...
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Yeah, brian was the only one in the sports world who had that take.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Giff wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:08 pm Yeah, brian was the only one in the sports world who had that take.
Nope, I was the only person in the world who saw that performance against Dallas Week 17 and thought that Foles might not be the answer at QB.

Have to give him some credit because unlike the Patriots at least the Eagles beat a couple of good teams to make the Super Bowl.