Am a psychopath who varies it up
No votes

Total votes: 32

mister d
The Dude

Dudes in Showers (a poll)

Post by mister d »

Just vote.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Shirley
The Dude

Re: Dudes in Showers (a poll)

Post by Shirley »

I was a lifelong body, then hair guy. Until my wife commented on it years ago and I switched. Her argument made sense - you start at the top so that you don't wash the dirty back down on the clean parts. I haven't gone back, but I honestly still have to think about it some time, even after years of doing it this way.
Totally Kafkaesque
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

mister d wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:29 amJust vote.
Vote without comment? How long have you been here?

I said hair first, but I need to add a caveat, as it is crucial we get this poll right. When I use dandruff shampoo, I apply the shampoo, and wash my body as the medicated shampoo works its magic, then wash out the shampoo. Hope that clear it up.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Shirley wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:36 am I was a lifelong body, then hair guy. Until my wife commented on it years ago and I switched. Her argument made sense - you start at the top so that you don't wash the dirty back down on the clean parts. I haven't gone back, but I honestly still have to think about it some time, even after years of doing it this way.
I've always been body-then-hair. But, dammit Shirley, you've got me doubting myself. At this advanced age!
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

I ain't gots no hair.

But I think (it's been a long time) I used to do my hair first.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

Hair first, so you can wash everything else while the conditioner sets.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Shirley wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:36 am I was a lifelong body, then hair guy. Until my wife commented on it years ago and I switched. Her argument made sense - you start at the top so that you don't wash the dirty back down on the clean parts. I haven't gone back, but I honestly still have to think about it some time, even after years of doing it this way.
It definitely makes sense (that's how you would wash anything properly) but I do it anyway. I doubt that it really makes any actual impact.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Yeah, probably not, Shampoo Back.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Rams Fanny
Bunny Lebowski

Post by Rams Fanny »

Hair first always.

Can we add an option for the psychopaths who also shave in the shower? Curious how many actually do that.
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back." -Al Swearengen
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Rams Fanny wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:53 pm Hair first always.

Can we add an option for the psychopaths who also shave in the shower? Curious how many actually do that.
Just from a cost/environmental standpoint, it's just stupid.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

Best way to shave the dome.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Do you have mirrors in there?
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:54 pm

That's ridiculous. I probably take a quicker shower than most of you guys, shave included. Certainly less excess water usage than guys who let the water run in their sink while they shave. I could see the issue if you a guy who needs a mirror to shave, but I don't.

I don't have a particularly heavy beard, so I could see why mileage would vary for guys who do.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

mister d wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:56 pm Do you have mirrors in there?
I don't do patterns or anything.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

I have a mirror in my shower. It's awesome
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Hair (shampoo only) first, then face, then shave my neck (with in shower mirror), then body. Anything else is incorrect. Gravity, yo.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

govmentchedda wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:12 pm Hair (shampoo only) first, then face, then shave my neck (with in shower mirror), then body. Anything else is incorrect. Gravity, yo.
You're one of those guys who shaves his body?
duff
Donny

Post by duff »

govmentchedda wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:12 pm Hair (shampoo only) first, then face, then shave my neck (with in shower mirror), then body. Anything else is incorrect. Gravity, yo.
chedda you hard as hell. Shaving with a mirror. Is it a shard you keep in the shower just for shaving or do you walk around with it in case there is a need to shank someone?
To quote both Bruce Prichard and Tony Schiavone, "Fuck Duff Meltzer."
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Mirror shards are the way to go. Much cheaper than even Harry's or Dollar Shave Club. Easier to keep sharp too.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

I make sure to do it all dead eyed, Richie Tenenbaum style too.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Sink shaving is for sitcom dads and bus depot vagrants
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

Shirley wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:36 am I ... don't wash the dirty... parts. I...think about it some time
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

sancarlos wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:00 pm

That's ridiculous. I probably take a quicker shower than most of you guys, shave included. Certainly less excess water usage than guys who let the water run in their sink while they shave. I could see the issue if you a guy who needs a mirror to shave, but I don't.

I don't have a particularly heavy beard, so I could see why mileage would vary for guys who do.

I work for a water company. If you are telling me that you take a less than 5 minute shower, including shaving, I'm worried about your overall hygiene.*

Every minute in the shower is using about 2 gallons of water. If you are taking about 3-5 minutes to shave, which seems fairly reasonable, you are throwing money down the drain.

And, yes, running water while shave and/or brush your teeth is wasting money, too. Just fill up the sink for shaving and you are saving water.**

6-10 gallons is a lot of water. And if you're doing it every day (I have to shave every day.) It adds up VERY quickly.

* - I'm not worried about your hygiene. I don't know you like that.
** - Pro tip - If you are using the water pressure to clear your blades, another way to do that without running water is to run the blades over the rough part of your shower towel. Only one direction, not back and forth.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

Dudes in Showers (a pole)
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:57 pm

I work for a water company. If you are telling me that you take a less than 5 minute shower, including shaving, I'm worried about your overall hygiene.*

Every minute in the shower is using about 2 gallons of water. If you are taking about 3-5 minutes to shave, which seems fairly reasonable, you are throwing money down the drain.

And, yes, running water while shave and/or brush your teeth is wasting money, too. Just fill up the sink for shaving and you are saving water.**

6-10 gallons is a lot of water. And if you're doing it every day (I have to shave every day.) It adds up VERY quickly.

** - Pro tip - If you are using the water pressure to clear your blades, another way to do that without running water is to run the blades over the rough part of your shower towel. Only one direction, not back and forth.
Fucking companies that don't want you to use their shit. Go figure.

And on that blade cleaning...then I got to have a new towel every day and then I have to do more laundry and then I use more water so it's a ...shit....wash.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

I’m gonna start shaving with tide pods
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

A_B wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:02 pm

Fucking companies that don't want you to use their shit. Go figure.

And on that blade cleaning...then I got to have a new towel every day and then I have to do more laundry and then I use more water so it's a ...shit....wash.

* Being a PUBLIC water utility means constantly promoting water conservation, which is directly at odds with maintaining or even increasing revenues. It's weird.

* - I shave every day, so there's not a ton of stubble on the towel. I mean, most of it comes off when I swish it around in the water. The towel thing is in lieu of banging it on the bowl of the sink, which is a good way to dull your blade. The other benefit of the towel thing is that it keeps your blades sharp longer.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

I thought this was going to be about Barstool.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

bfj wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:56 pm
Shirley wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:36 am I ... don't wash the dirty... parts. I...think about it some time
Some days I wash the dirty parts vigorously.
Totally Kafkaesque
Square Rob
Jesus Quintana

Post by Square Rob »

I don't have much hair so it's all in one go. But I used to shampoo first. I have an electric razor so I shave on the crapper.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Square Rob wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:16 pm I don't have much hair so it's all in one go. But I used to shampoo first. I have an electric razor so I shave on the crapper.
Before or after your shower?
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Just addressing cost - at about $5 per 1,000 gal, I'm paying 5 cents to run an extra 10 gallons of water.

It's not exactly a gratuitous waste of funds is all I'm saying. And I don't even shave in the shower or typically spend more than 5-10 minutes in one.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

I guess my habit is wash my body, then my hair.

Which I realize now is stupid because I literally use the all in one body wash/shampoo to save on buying a separate product.

I should do it all at the same time, honestly.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Gunpowder wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:07 am

Just addressing cost - at about $5 per 1,000 gal, I'm paying 5 cents to run an extra 10 gallons of water.

It's not exactly a gratuitous waste of funds is all I'm saying. And I don't even shave in the shower or typically spend more than 5-10 minutes in one.
But is it a gratuitous waste of water?

You guys hate the environment.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Just addressing cost.

How bad for the environment is it really, though? The water itself shouldn't be "lost", though you're obviously introducing more chlorine to the environment. Serious question for Nonlinear or anyone else with insight.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Gunpowder wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:07 am

My company is gonna charge you about $4 per 1000 for the water use and then an additional $6 per 1000 for the sewer. So, more like a dime per shower. So, yeah, you're right, it's not a huge amount, but it certainly adds up over time, especially if you also run water continuously while doing dishes, brushing your teeth, watering plants, etc.

But there's also the environmental angle. The more water that has to be run through treatment plants (whatever you're flushing or sending down the drain) the more chemicals need to be used and eventually that stuff gets either pushed into tributaries or biosolids are produced that need to be applied to land or put in landfills.

Individually, things that seem trivial start to compound exponentially when you look at an entire city or water district.

ETA - And on the cost issue, again, it's when you just say fuck it and don't pay any attention to water usage, it can really start to add up for families. An individual really isn't likely to see a big water bill, even if they run a lot of water in their daily activities. But a family of 3 or 4, where teens are taking 30 minute showers (this is a real thing) and there's a ton of dishes, so that's being run every day, and laundry is constantly in motion, etc. etc.

Those bill can start to get huge, especially if you live in a district where they have tiered rates based on usage.
testuser2
Brandt

Post by testuser2 »

I'm on septic with city water that comes from a well. Wouldn't the big cost be heating the water anyway? It's F'n cold out of the tap this time of year. Maybe 40s?
Square Rob
Jesus Quintana

Post by Square Rob »

rass wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:45 am
Square Rob wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:16 pm I don't have much hair so it's all in one go. But I used to shampoo first. I have an electric razor so I shave on the crapper.
Before or after your shower?
Moot. I don't bathe.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

This is as good a place as any.

Does anyone else brush their teeth in the shower? My wife thought it was odd but long ago stopped worrying about weird little AB tics. But my youngest came in to grab some towels yesterday and saw my toothbrush in the shower and now considers me a monster. I figure why not be nice and warm while brushing my teeth?

What say youse guys?
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

I don't do it, but I see nothing wrong with it.