Swamp Out of the Park Baseball 2018 - FINAL AWARDS & SEASON WRAP-UP

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Pruitt
The Dude

Re: Swamp Out of the Park Baseball 2018 - WEEK 4 UPDATE - holy shit mister d hit for the cycle

Post by Pruitt »

Johnny Carwash wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:03 am NEWS AND NOTES:

- Injury: Pruitt suffered a high ankle sprain while attempting to break up a double play vs. Woonsocket and will be out for 3-4 weeks. GoodKarma will take over at 3B in his absence. kranepool has been called up from the minors to take the roster spot.
Coincidence? I golfed for the first time this season yesterday and did something to my foot - limping around pretty badly. Is something evil going on here?
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
TT2.0
The Big Lebowski

Re: Swamp Out of the Park Baseball 2018 - WEEK 4 UPDATE - holy shit mister d hit for the cycle

Post by TT2.0 »

im just about as good a pitcher as i was in high school
Gunpowder wrote:you transcend douchedom.
MOTHERFUCKING 2017 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

I am have to say I am shocked that Carwash is paid so little after a championship. I am also amazed that the Frog's trainer almost makes as much.
https://statsplus.net/swampbaseballleag ... onnel.html
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

wlu_lax6 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:57 am I am have to say I am shocked that Carwash is paid so little after a championship. I am also amazed that the Frog's trainer almost makes as much.
That, and the game still lists my reputation as "Poor" despite winning a championship in my first season.

Logan Gault must think of himself as the Joachim Low to my Jurgen Klinsmann. I might need to do a purge of all the people I see as a threat and replace them with yes-men.
Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Johnny Carwash wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:21 am
wlu_lax6 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:57 am I am have to say I am shocked that Carwash is paid so little after a championship. I am also amazed that the Frog's trainer almost makes as much.
That, and the game still lists my reputation as "Poor" despite winning a championship in my first season.

Logan Gault must think of himself as the Joachim Low to my Jurgen Klinsmann. I might need to do a purge of all the people I see as a threat and replace them with yes-men.
That dude earns his keep with so many of our guys being so delicate.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

Just another note, I'm going to be on vacation the next couple weeks. I'll see what I might be able to do to simulate and post stuff remotely, but it may be that I'll need to catch up for a few weeks at once when I'm back.
duff
Donny

Post by duff »

Johnny Carwash wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:22 pm Just another note, I'm going to be on vacation the next couple weeks. I'll see what I might be able to do to simulate and post stuff remotely, but it may be that I'll need to catch up for a few weeks at once when I'm back.
This is why your reputation is "poor". Where is your commitment?
To quote both Bruce Prichard and Tony Schiavone, "Fuck Duff Meltzer."
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Re: Swamp Out of the Park Baseball 2018 - WEEK 5 UPDATE - EnochRoot establishes his street cred

Post by Johnny Carwash »

WEEK 5 UPDATE

Managed to get enough things pre-loaded to be able to post an update from vacation. Not sure about next Friday's, which might have to wait a few more days before I get back.

Image Burlington Sports Frogs
- This Week: 5-2
- Season: 21-11 (1st in Div.)
- League Power Ranking: 6th
- Next Week: vs. Newark (3 games), at Wilmington (3 games)

Image Holland Oats
- This Week: 4-3
- Season: 15-16 (T-3rd in Div.)
- League Power Ranking: 13th
- Next Week: at Oxnard (3 games), at Fresno (3 games)

Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Re: Swamp Out of the Park Baseball 2018 - WEEK 5 UPDATE - EnochRoot establishes his street cred

Post by Johnny Carwash »

NEWS AND NOTES:

- As alluded to in the thread title, EnochRoot responded to a beanball by charging the mound against Rimouski's Casey Cramer, who I assume already deserved a beating for this mustache:

Enoch was subsequently suspended for 4 games and Cramer for 6.

- TT2.0 suffered a slight setback on his recovery from a triceps strain but should be back later this next week, hopefully giving him the chance to reboot his season after a rough start. HaulCitgo performed well as his replacement but took an L due to poor run support.

- Quirky stat: govmentchedda has still never lost a decision in his career, going 5-0 last season as a reliever and 3-0 so far this year as a starter.

- BSF21 finally got caught stealing this year after starting a perfect 11-for-11. He racked up a couple more to go to 13-for-14.

- Just wanted to call out that I love howard's comment following his shutout in the recap above and it absolutely sounds like something he would say.

Image Burlington Stats

Image Holland Stats
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

LEAGUE STANDINGS

Site pages are updated.

SWAMP BASEBALL LEAGUE
League Home
Standings
Team Index

Team Home Page
Batting Stats
Pitching Stats
Schedule

Image Holland Oats
Team Home Page
Batting Stats
Pitching Stats
Schedule
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Thanks for the dedication.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

rass wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 5:44 am Thanks for the dedication.
You're welcome. I really think when you put it all out there and play the right way you can come together as a team. On to the next one.
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

I'm trying like hell to get demoted so I can add a t-shirt to my minor league collection. What gives?
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

Quick note: With vacation rendering the logistics of a normal update difficult, will postpone to next week and cover two weeks at once.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

Johnny Carwash wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 8:28 am Quick note: With vacation rendering the logistics of a normal update difficult, will postpone to next week and cover two weeks at once.
Sounds good.

Noli Timere Messorem
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Re: Swamp Out of the Park Baseball 2018 - WEEKS 6/7 UPDATE - The Return

Post by Johnny Carwash »

WEEKS 6 AND 7 UPDATE

The Sports Frogs continued to play well, only to see themselves overtaken by the Middlesex Offenders, who streaked to the division lead after winning 14 of 15. Next week the Frogs will have a golden opportunity opportunity to reclaim the top spot with three games at home vs. Middlesex, followed by a four-game series in Woonsocket.

- Last Two Weeks: 7-4
- Season: 28-15 (2nd in Div; 1.5 GB)
- League Power Ranking: 3rd
- Next Week: vs. Middlesex (3 games), at Woonsocket (4 games)

Image Holland Oats
The Oats managed to hold their own through a challenging stretch in their schedule, taking two of three each against Oxnard, Fresno, and Boise, but dropping three straight one-run games against league-best Corpus Christi. Luckily, a relatively weak division has left them just two games back of the lead. Next week they'll face division rivals Parma followed by a series against a weak Altoona team.

- Last Two Weeks: 6-6
- Season: 21-22 (2nd in Div; 2 GB)
- League Power Ranking: 16th
- Next Week: vs. Parma (3 games), at Altoona (3 games)

Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

NEWS AND NOTES:

- The league's stolen base renaissance is in full swing, as the Sports Frogs and Oats have 41 and 37 steals respectively so far this year. For comparison, last year's Sports Frogs team had just 37 steals the whole season.

- For some odd reason the Oats continue to experience a power outage, with just 19 team HR's so far this year. For comparison, Burlington has 51 and the Shreveport Ratchets lead the league with 66. Holland does have a few guys who, based on their stats, should have some decent pop (duff, PDX, J-Lo), so hopefully they'll get their power strokes going soon.

- After a so-so first month to the season, wlu_lax has surged back to his MVP candidate form, hitting .462 with 5 HR in May so far.

- rass has started to rebound after a terrible April in which he hit just .167, hitting .304 in May so far, including his first homer of the season.

- I guess I jinxed it when I mentioned last time that chedda had never lost a game in his career, as he finally recorded his first loss, though he continues to put up an excellent showing so far in his first season as a starter. He did, however, exit his last start with "back stiffness" and may miss his next turn in the rotation.

- Pruitt and TT2.0 have returned from the DL for Burlington, with GoodKarma and HaulCitgo putting up respectable performances in their absences. kranepool and SpongeLikeNinja head back to the minors.

- Fragile snowflake Bronto was day-to-day with back spasms for 5 days, which has now stretched to 10 days. BFJ has been getting the majority of starts at 1B in the interim.

- EnochRoot's street cred may have come at a cost, as his batting average has plummeted 40 points following his return from his suspension.

Image Burlington Stats

Image Holland Stats
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

LEAGUE STANDINGS

Site pages are updated.

SWAMP BASEBALL LEAGUE
League Home
Standings
Team Index

Team Home Page
Batting Stats
Pitching Stats
Schedule

Image Holland Oats
Team Home Page
Batting Stats
Pitching Stats
Schedule
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Re: Swamp Out of the Park Baseball 2018 - WEEK 8 UPDATE

Post by Johnny Carwash »

WEEK 8 UPDATE

With another strong week, the Sports Frogs reclaimed the division lead over Middlesex. Next week, they'll have a chance to help out the Oats with a series at Rockford, followed by a homestand against the league-worst Manassas Asses.

- This Week: 5-2
- Season: 33-17 (1st in Div)
- League Power Ranking: 3rd
- Next Week: at Rockford (4 games), vs. Manassas (3 games)

Image Holland Oats
The Oats managed to claw their way above .500 for the first time this year, remaining just one game back in a relatively weak division. Next week, they play a rare home-and-home 4-game set against Utica, followed by three games against the bottom-dwelling Meat Gayzers.

- This Week: 4-2
- Season: 25-24 (2nd in Div; 1 GB)
- League Power Ranking: 10th
- Next Week: at Utica (2 games), vs. Utica (2 games), vs. Kalamazoo (3 games)

Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

NEWS AND NOTES:

The main story this week is a spate of injuries of varying severity, affecting a number of Swampers:

- mister d suffered a fractured rib diving for a fly ball (he caught it!) and is scheduled to be out 3 weeks.

- duff sprained his knee making a catch in RF and will bay day-to-day for three weeks.

- Those corner outfield spots for the Oats must be cursed, as after substituting for duff in the same game DaveinSeattle suffered a sprained rotator cuff trying to throw a runner out at home (unsuccessfully) and will be out for a month.

- cerrano was called up from the minors, but is battling a knee inflammation of his own.

- Bronto got through his most recent spate of back spasms only to suffer a mild sprained thumb while running the bases (how?). He'll continue to be day-to-day splitting duties with BFJ at 1B.

- govmentchedda continues to be nagged by a stiff back, but it does not appear to be affecting his pitching so far.

With a roster spot open for the Oats, another Swamper will make his league debut as ZaZ is called up from the minors. Head Scout says of Zaz, "When his mind wanders, he wanders, but good basic skills."

Image Burlington Stats

Image Holland Stats
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

LEAGUE STANDINGS

Site pages are updated.

SWAMP BASEBALL LEAGUE
League Home
Standings
Team Index

Team Home Page
Batting Stats
Pitching Stats
Schedule

Image Holland Oats
Team Home Page
Batting Stats
Pitching Stats
Schedule
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

JUGGERNAUT
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

Moved my average above EnochRoot. I retire.
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

A BABIP of .302 just means I'm having really bad luck, right?

Otherwise I'm terrible this year.
Birds don’t suck. They lack the necessary anatomical structures to do so.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

HRs:

Holland Oats: 22
Gunpowder: 17

Chicks dig the long ball
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

When my babip against normalizes, that will help...
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Stiff back ain't gonna get me off my grind. #neversatisfied
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
duff
Donny

Post by duff »

Can I make a request that the Oats play the rest of their games on the road and during the day. That will really increase my stats. That is all I really care about. And I need the guys in front of me to get on base. So do you damn job so I can get my counting stats up. Have some sense of pride you pieces of worthless pond scum.
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

By the way, I'm thinking of scheduling at least one head-to-head series between the Sports Frogs and the Oats this season. Manually editing the schedule mid-season is tricky, but I think I'll be able to make it work even if it unbalances things a little elsewhere.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Johnny Carwash wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 9:46 am By the way, I'm thinking of scheduling at least one head-to-head series between the Sports Frogs and the Oats this season. Manually editing the schedule mid-season is tricky, but I think I'll be able to make it work even if it unbalances things a little elsewhere.
Should be played in neutral ground of Toronto
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Tailgate at my house!

Also, just like to point out the newest stat - RBI/GP

I'm at 1.000
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Johnny Carwash wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 9:46 am By the way, I'm thinking of scheduling at least one head-to-head series between the Sports Frogs and the Oats this season. Manually editing the schedule mid-season is tricky, but I think I'll be able to make it work even if it unbalances things a little elsewhere.
Yeah you are going to have to rig it because the OATS are garbage and won't make the championship in their first year like the Golden Knights and Burlington...I will hangup and listen.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

With all these injuries in the OF, it's time for me to try and Pipp some folks. After starting off abysmally at the plate, I'm at least at respectable .253 now.

I'm looking to really get it in against the Meat Gayzers.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
degenerasian
The Dude

Post by degenerasian »

I'm against this. I don't want us to meet until the world series
Kung Fu movies are like porn. There's 1 on 1, then 2 on 1, then a group scene..
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

degenerasian wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 3:38 pm I'm against this. I don't want us to meet until the world series
That's a pretty big leap to assume, don't you think? Plus, meeting in the regular season has the potential for a Clemens vs. Piazza type incident that would only build the drama for a hypothetical World Series matchup.
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Re: Swamp Out of the Park Baseball 2018 - WEEK 9 UPDATE

Post by Johnny Carwash »

WEEK 9 UPDATE

The Sports Frogs had a sub-par week, losing their division lead to the surging Middlesex Offenders. The next week will bring a couple of three-game road series, first against the Fighting Hosers of Ajax and then against old division nemesis Utica Clubs.

- This Week: 3-4
- Season: 36-21 (2nd in Div; 2 GB)
- League Power Ranking: 5th
- Next Week: at Ajax (3 games), at Utica (3 games)

Image Holland Oats
The Oats put up a respectable week, but fell a couple more games behind Rockford who have won 8 of their last 10. Next week offers a chance to do some damage in the division, with road trips against the Parma Ham Fighters and Kalamazoo Meat Gayzers.

- This Week: 4-3
- Season: 29-27 (2nd in Div; 3 GB)
- League Power Ranking: 9th
- Next Week: at Parma (3 games), at Kalamazoo (3 games)

Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

NEWS AND NOTES:

- TT2.0 has been suspended 6 games after igniting a brawl by beaning Rockford's Steve Chewning, who charged the mound (but was only suspended for 3 games himself). No word on what Chewning did to provoke TT, but he looks pretty sketchy if you ask me:

- The Oats finally started to show some power, hitting 8 home runs this past week after putting up just 22 in the first two months of the season. Hopefully they'll be able to keep up the pace.

- Rams Fanny is day-to-day for two weeks with wrist tendinitis.

- P.D.X. is day-to-day for 4 days with shoulder subluxation (wtf?)

- steve returns from the DL and we'll have to decide whether he'll return to the rotation or move to the bullpen. If the former, it will likely be blundercrush who gets bumped based on relative performance.

- Gunpowder leads the league in home runs with 20.

Image Burlington Stats

Image Holland Stats
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

LEAGUE STANDINGS

Site pages are updated.

SWAMP BASEBALL LEAGUE
League Home
Standings
Team Index

Team Home Page
Batting Stats
Pitching Stats
Schedule

Image Holland Oats
Team Home Page
Batting Stats
Pitching Stats
Schedule
duff
Donny

Post by duff »

Oats only a 1/2 game out of the wildcard race and with our -5 game difference with our pythag, we should be winning the division let alone settling for a wildcard slot.
degenerasian
The Dude

Post by degenerasian »

Come on guys. How am I 5-4? With a 2.44 ERA
Kung Fu movies are like porn. There's 1 on 1, then 2 on 1, then a group scene..