Fuck Paul Ryan

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

tennbengal
The Dude

Fuck Paul Ryan

Post by tennbengal »

Quittin' ass republic destroying mother fucker. Fuck him for all eternity. Him denying me the pleasure of seeing his ass destroyed at the polls this November is just another evil. I hope a satellite falls on him.
mister d
The Dude

Re: Fuck Paul Ryan

Post by mister d »

Spineless Man Leaves Spinelessly.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Easy to forget that he's also in the top 4 for worst human being to be vice presidential candidate this century
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

The epitome of the "Fuck you, I got mine" Republican mentality.

Gets 500k from the Koch brothers after the horrible tax cut. And now he goes off to the 7 figure land of lobbyist/advisor land. That amongst all the other shit he's done.

Hope he gets fucked in the after Congress life.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

Don't want to sound like a dick, but be prepared for the GOP to nominate someone even worse for that seat who goes on to beat Iron Stache Guy.
Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Johnny Carwash wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:11 am Don't want to sound like a dick, but be prepared for the GOP to nominate someone even worse for that seat who goes on to beat Iron Stache Guy.
It’s late in the game. That could happen, but I think that guy was gonna beat Paul Ryan (as apparently does Ryan himself) and anyone now is behind and the ‘stasche guy will have actually more name recognition now. That’s a weird turn of events.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Ryan wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:01 am Easy to forget that he's also in the top 4 for worst human being to be vice presidential candidate this century
Him, Cheney, Edwards, Palin, Pence. That’s 5.

Or drop Cheney if you’re one of those sticklers who say the next century doesn’t start until XX01.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Post by Joe K »

Johnnie wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:07 am The epitome of the "Fuck you, I got mine" Republican mentality.

Gets 500k from the Koch brothers after the horrible tax cut. And now he goes off to the 7 figure land of lobbyist/advisor land. That amongst all the other shit he's done.

Yeah, the motive for this has to be cashing in on lobbying or the paid speeches circuit, right? After all he's done to destroy the social safety net and benefit the rich, Ryan will make millions from the usual private sector suspects.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

L-Jam3 wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:16 am
Ryan wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:01 am Easy to forget that he's also in the top 4 for worst human being to be vice presidential candidate this century
Him, Cheney, Edwards, Palin, Pence. That’s 5.

Or drop Cheney if you’re one of those sticklers who say the next century doesn’t start until XX01.
I forgot Edwards, and 2004 is definitely in this century

Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

Neat how "cheating on your cancer-stricken wife and then using campaign funds to cover it up" doesn't make you a lock for #1.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Johnny Carwash wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:46 am Neat how "cheating on your cancer-stricken wife and then using campaign funds to cover it up" doesn't make you a lock for #1.
That's a glass house issue, I guess.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

I guess Joe Lieberman is locked into 6th then?
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Joe K wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:18 am
Johnnie wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:07 am The epitome of the "Fuck you, I got mine" Republican mentality.

Yeah, the motive for this has to be cashing in on lobbying or the paid speeches circuit, right? After all he's done to destroy the social safety net and benefit the rich, Ryan will make millions from the usual private sector suspects.
Don't forget the Fox News payroll.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

Johnnie wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:04 am I guess Joe Lieberman is locked into 6th then?
Higher if you're really into video games.
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

Johnny Carwash wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:46 am Neat how "cheating on your cancer-stricken wife and then using campaign funds to cover it up" doesn't make you a lock for #1.
Outside of that though, he's a pretty good dude. He spent (and continues to do so) the bulk of his career fighting for the poor.
Totally Kafkaesque
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Johnny Carwash wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:28 am
Johnnie wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:04 am I guess Joe Lieberman is locked into 6th then?
Higher if you're really into video games.
Or single payer health care.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

Paul Ryan’s career ends in abject failure

If Nancy Pelosi never gets her hands on the speaker’s gavel again, she’ll always have the fact that the 111th Congress was one of the most productive of all time.

Ryan’s brief speakership, by contrast, did not amount to much. The dream of Social Security privatization that launched his policy relevance is dead. The Medicare privatization plan that relaunched his policy relevance is also dead. His reputation as a deficit hawk has been exposed as a sham. He didn’t repeal the Affordable Care Act, and he didn’t undo the Obama administration’s financial regulations. The year isn’t over yet, but Congress has basically abandoned hope of doing anything else.

What he got was a tax cut, the thing that every Republican majority gets.

And since that’s what his donors wanted in the end, that’s probably the important thing. But it is worth saying that the tax cut ultimately came together because Republicans abandoned Ryan’s vision of a high-minded tax reform and his dumb talking point about filing taxes on a postcard. At the end of the day, they slapped together an old-fashioned deficit-financed tax cut for the rich that throws quarters at the middle class in hopes of disguising the $10 bills handed out to the rich. Flimflam and phaseout gimmicks, rather than reform and loophole closing, make it work.
Noli Timere Messorem
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

I was going to dig up the Charlie Pierce thread, but since "the zombie-eyed granny starver from the state of Wisconsin" got his own thread, I'll just toss up the link.
As a longtime connoisseur of Ryan’s public fakery, I may never decide what about him I find the most nauseating—the retrograde policies that he gussies up as concern for the poor and downtrodden, or the wet-eyed phony sincerity with which he sells them.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

That's truly a clincher for "worst human being" in the category. But as "worst for the country's people," Pence wins.

Sarah Palin though... like some fever dream that you try to forget.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Was awesome watching Joe Biden dance on Paul Ryan's head in that Veep debate back in 2012.

And pretty amazing he trotted out the 'spend more time with my family' canard. C'mon...no one falls for that one anymore.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:43 pm Was awesome watching Joe Biden dance on Paul Ryan's head in that Veep debate back in 2012.

And pretty amazing he trotted out the 'spend more time with my family' canard. C'mon...no one falls for that one anymore.
as much as I loathe Paul Ryan, I am hard-pressed to not give a shred of credibility to a "more time with family" excuse when the person making it's father died young
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Brontoburglar wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:40 am
DaveInSeattle wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:43 pm Was awesome watching Joe Biden dance on Paul Ryan's head in that Veep debate back in 2012.

as much as I loathe Paul Ryan, I am hard-pressed to not give a shred of credibility to a "more time with family" excuse when the person making it's father died young
He's not Bob Stoops. You can look at his history and know this is complete bullshit.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Yeah, bullshit. He's already lining up massive travel to raise money for the usual right wing causes. He's not gonna be "at home" any more than he was when in Congress. It's part of his act.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

This thread is a perfect example between the reasonable left and the unreasonable right now. I mentioned Edwards, and collectively here everyone was like “oh yeah. Forgot about him. Fuck that guy.”

Swap out “dying of cancer” with “breastfeeding your newborn son” and that’s what President Fredo did. And there are a sizable enough percentage of the right who are still defending him. God, fuck them all.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

tennbengal wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:58 am

Yeah, bullshit. He's already lining up massive travel to raise money for the usual right wing causes. He's not gonna be "at home" any more than he was when in Congress. It's part of his act.
apparently "shred of credibility" is a pretty big statement of belief
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Also, he’s made a career of causing others’ fathers to die young so fuck him and his false reasoning.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Brontoburglar wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:52 am

He gets no shred of anything from me. See what Mr. D said. He's made it his life's mission to destroy the lives of others, and he will keep doing so. The "be with my family" thing is a massive lie to cover up he was going to lose his election and is saving face and lining up his next run for office. Fuck. Him.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

tennbengal wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:23 pm
He gets no shred of anything from me. See what Mr. D said. He's made it his life's mission to destroy the lives of others, and he will keep doing so. The "be with my family" thing is a massive lie to cover up he was going to lose his election and is saving face and lining up his next run for office. Fuck. Him.
Well, it sounds better than "spend more time with the Koch family."
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

tennbengal wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:23 pm
Brontoburglar wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:52 am

it's not mutually exclusive to dislike him for all of the reasons listed in this thread and also believe that he may actually believe among many other things that he does want to spend time with his family

I have serious doubts about the priority of the reason, of course, but I can see him believing it and as a human being have a bare level of empathy for it, even if politicians are delusional and it looks like the house is going blue in November
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

I don't believe it and have no empathy for him or his lies.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

(Obi wan voice): "Bronto, he's evil, can't you see that?"
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

tennbengal wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:38 pm (Obi wan voice): "Bronto, he's evil, can't you see that?"
evil people have families too
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

because the kochs should pay you when you quit your job, duh
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

He's going to spend 3 hours a night with his family coming up with a tabletop game called Entitlement

Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

You just be happy there isn’t a comma in that thread title.

I mean, this is obviously a long play towards a run in 2024. I don’t see it though after 8 years of Trump.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

This isn’t the first time I’ve seen this sort of take on Ryan, like since he’s an “honest Randian” or something it mitigates the severity of his bullshit.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Ryan wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:12 pm He's going to spend 3 hours a night with his family coming up with a tabletop game called Entitlement
That game is called Monopoly, btw.

Anyhoo, this family talk reminds me of what he said when he was being considered for the Speakership:

https://www.c-span.org/video/?328879-1/ ... peakership

Fast forward to 1:52.

"I cannot and I will not give up my family time."

As a military dude, I rolled my eyes. Must be fucking nice to just demand that. So, he's used that line as cover for his long con bullshit. I'm with TB and Mister D on this one. Fuck that guy.